PDA

View Full Version : American Mini-Z Championships Questionnaire

arch2b
2008.03.24, 06:50 PM
This questionnaire was developed for the purpose of developing, planning and staging a premeire Mini-Z racing event. We would appreciate your time and effort in participating in this public polling.

Please answer the following questions in order and email your responses to the following address (minizevents@gmail.com). I've attached a word doc. if you prefer to open this, reply and return via email.

if you do not wish to email your responses, please post them as a reply.

1. How far would you travel to compete in a World Class event?

2. What if any personal requirements would you need to attend such an event? ie medical, physical.

3. Aside from recognition, what would you expect to receive for an award for winning or placing highly in such an event?

4. Is English a first or second language and would you be availabe to translate if needed?

5. Do you have any special skills, contacts or prizes that you could (or would) contribute to the event?

6. While at this event, would you be willing to compete in an additional event for charity with no personal award except for honor?

7. What type of layout, length, width, banking, true scale, off camber, multi level, crossover, etc, would be your dream track to compete on?

8.If you could choose, what time of year would you like for this event to be held?

9. What time of year would absolutely prohibit your availability to participate?

10. What would you expect to pay as an entry fee for this type of event?

11. How much extra would you pay for a 4 star awards banquet following the event?

12. As a requirement for participation, do you feel that all competitors should first take part in at least 1 regional event?

Thank you :)

mleemor60
2008.03.25, 02:57 PM
Does anybody know what this is all about?

arch2b
2008.03.25, 03:36 PM
exactly what is described. this is simply a questionnaire developed for the purpose of developing, planning and staging a premeire Mini-Z racing event.

Tjay
2008.03.25, 06:16 PM
1. USA only...not unless I got a free ticket then maybe I'll go anywhere in the world :).

2. Tylenol/Pain killer since I have a back problem. This will help me run and fetch the cars during marshall ;). No, just have a seat where we can rest our back. Big events usually take all day.

3. Opportunity to get a Sponsorship to those who deserves it, Cash price (don't have to be large amount but something to help out on the travel expense and such), Store credit, Parts.

4. English and I can translate if the race is in the Philippines.

5. I don't make a lot of money but I am always open on giving out prices for those who deserves it. I don't mind giving out a new Kyosho autoscale body.

6. It depends... If people that i'm going to race requested me to travel and asked me to race with them, maybe I would but if this is just a random race to where you just grab people on the street to drive a mini-z and race. Then I will not spend money to travel there but instead help out by sending some parts etc...

7. Any layout but oval.

8.Anytime as long as you give me enough time to schedule it. At least 2 mos to prepare.

9. If you have the same race day as the other companies... this is for the racers so the days should not have any conflic with other big event races.

10. I don't care...

11. banquet? Is this gonna be on a prom night...?

12. If this is the way we can eliminate those who causes the traffic every lap then HELL YEAH!

lfisminiz
2008.03.25, 09:06 PM
1. couple of hours.
2. none
3. rc type prizes/gift certificates.
4. english.
5. maybe some prizes.
6. yes.
7. road course or BIG oval leading into road course like 24 hrs of Daytona etc.........
8. better weather months.
9. holidays.
10. dont care.
11. ??
12. not really.

byebye
2008.03.26, 06:09 AM
1. How far would you travel to compete in a World Class event?
Just about anywhere in the US.

2. What if any personal requirements would you need to attend such an event? ie medical, physical.
Personally none.

3. Aside from recognition, what would you expect to receive for an award for winning or placing highly in such an event?
A trophy would be fine.

4. Is English a first or second language and would you be availabe to translate if needed?
I speek English only.

5. Do you have any special skills, contacts or prizes that you could (or would) contribute to the event?
I know good people who know good people, that's about it.

6. While at this event, would you be willing to compete in an additional event for charity with no personal award except for honor?
Definately!

7. What type of layout, length, width, banking, true scale, off camber, multi level, crossover, etc, would be your dream track to compete on?
I'd like to see somthing simliar to Laguna Seca. 10-12 sec. laps

8.If you could choose, what time of year would you like for this event to be held?
Probably spring, summer, or fall.

9. What time of year would absolutely prohibit your availability to participate?
January(The Chiefs exam is in January, hopefully I've taken it for the last time ;))

10. What would you expect to pay as an entry fee for this type of event?
I'd be willing to pay as much as $50 but I'd like to know that this is going towards some good prizes and handout stuff.

11. How much extra would you pay for a 4 star awards banquet following the event?
I think the $50 would help offset that cost.

12. As a requirement for participation, do you feel that all competitors should first take part in at least 1 regional event?
Yes and no. Yes for promotion of the large event and it may help raise money. No to keep it simple.

Kris

color01
2008.03.26, 11:00 PM
1. Across US is okay, but only during the summer.
2. Good ventilation is key.
3. Besides recognition, huh? The trophies should be of decent quality and you might entertain the option of rewarding the winner with a cash advance or store credits to one of the sponsoring companies' shops.
4. I'm actually ESL. I can translate freely between Cantonese and English, i.e. Hong Kong races.
5. I'm probably unable to help unless I secure mass production of the MRCG chassis.
6. How does racing for charity work, anyways? As far as I can tell most RC racing is done for recognition only. But yes.
7. Big layout. At least a 50' straight with lots of flowing sweepers, puntuated with uber-sharp hairpins and 90's to break up the rhythm. That way it places an equal demand on the car, setup and driver. I'd love to see 15-second fast laps, that would be such a huge layout. :)
8. Summer. I have the most freedom then.
9. October-April. A little somethin' called school.
10. Considering all the running costs I'd be expecting at least $25-35 per class in a big PNWC-scale race, and that's without big prizes and other costs.
11. I'm not one for celebrations... even catering would be okay if there is a group meeting/awards ceremony after the race. An optional extra $20 per head should be appropriate for extra accomodations, unless you're going for a really luxo banquet (in which case I have no idea what would be appropriate, as I probably wouldn't go...).
12. Probably, it would pare down the group better. I would be perfectly willing to earn my way through a regional before a worlds' (not that I'm *able*, just that I'm *willing*, lol...).

mleemor60
2008.04.01, 06:57 AM
Has anyone gotten a response back after they responded to this? Any idea as to where and when yet?

Steven@ILR
2008.11.12, 11:21 PM
1. USA!
2. None Personally
3. Trophy, Small Sponsorships, Cash Money
4. English
5. Ill have to ask the Boss
6. Charity is always a good cause yes
7. Nurburgring a bit more room for more passes thats my dream track!:D
8. Summer Time
9. December
10. Around 25 sonunds right.
11. Not very interested.
12. Yes, less lap traffic.

eztuner12
2009.03.02, 08:04 PM
This questionnaire was developed for the purpose of developing, planning and staging a premeire MIni-Z racing event. We would appreciate your tiem and effort in participating in this public polling.

Please answer the following questions in order and email your responses to the following address (minizevents@gmail.com).

if you do not wish to email your responses, please post them as a reply.

1. How far would you travel to compete in a World Class event? Florida area

2. What if any personal requirements would you need to attend such an event? ie medical, physical. Filtered drinking water, shade if out doors. Preferd indoor A/C

3. Aside from recognition, what would you expect to receive for an award for winning or placing highly in such an event? Medals, like it more than trophies, they are easy to carry back home and not much of an /space to place them.

4. Is English a first or second language and would you be availabe to translate if needed? English

6. While at this event, would you be willing to compete in an additional event for charity with no personal award except for honor? Yes

7. What type of layout, length, width, banking, true scale, off camber, multi level, crossover, etc, would be your dream track to compete on? One dimension track with chicane, fair straightway, 45 degree, nice big round circular turn, nice S too.

8.If you could choose, what time of year would you like for this event to be held? Summer.

9. What time of year would absolutely prohibit your availability to participate? X-mas

10. What would you expect to pay as an entry fee for this type of event? $25 to $40 per class

$50 to $75 Drinks not included.

12. As a requirement for participation, do you feel that all competitors should first take part in at least 1 regional event? I would prefer @ same date & same place every year, as a classic.

Thank you :) Your welcome;) & thanks you!:D

rocketman
2009.03.08, 06:50 PM
1. Anywhere in the US. It should rotate by region.
2. It should be indoors and Good AC
3. Inscribed Medals and the recognition and maybe some credits from event sponsors for parts, etc. No Cash in my view should be awarded.
4. English is my only language and is difficult enough for me.
5. Organization and marketing on a very limited basis.
6. Yes
7. Large is all I think with many different types of turns.
8. Not Winter.
9. None
10. Max 40.00
11. 50.00
12. No, you pays your money you take your chances. If we had over 500 entries then we may have to consider a qualifier type of set-up.