PDA

View Full Version : April meet request

kryten
2008.03.25, 07:41 PM
Do we have any ideas as to when this will be yet? Also Brian do you have another couple of sets of bearings i can buy from you there,if not i'll order some.Thanks

soulstice
2008.03.25, 10:07 PM
Hi Stafford Racers,

Looks like I may be in England next week or the week after for work. Was wondering if the Stafford group is the only one or is there also a group in London. Judging from the map I was looking at earlier it looks to be roughly an hour+ away from london.

Also any recommendations on hobby stores that carry mini-z stuff in London?

Thanks.

mk2kompressor
2008.03.25, 11:43 PM
stafford is around 2hrs+ from london,cambridge is probably closest but we are having our meet this weekend:)
as far as i know there are no shops that sell mini z stuff here,you could find the odd one that will have a readyset in stock but the price may offend you:eek:

Dusty Weasle
2008.03.26, 01:48 AM
Judging from the map I was looking at earlier it looks to be roughly an hour+ away from london.

Haha, Soulstice! Right, don't trust the maps.:p My wife and I were there a couple years ago and I too looked at the maps and said something like “That doesn't look too far, we should be there in an hour”.

Stafford is a nice little town, I wish we had been able to stay another day. The Stafford Club puts on a fantastic race day, well worth the trip!

A couple of the old crew have since formed a club up north called Red Sun Racing. Very nice people and it looks like they got a terrific venue.

(A shot of Stafford Castle attached)

BrianMidnight
2008.03.26, 10:29 AM
Hi Stafford Racers,

Looks like I may be in England next week or the week after for work. Was wondering if the Stafford group is the only one or is there also a group in London. Judging from the map I was looking at earlier it looks to be roughly an hour+ away from london.

Also any recommendations on hobby stores that carry mini-z stuff in London?

Thanks.

Unfortunately mini-z has never caught on in the UK, so a very very very small amount of active racers, stockists for spares, hop ups etc normally available via the internet. Stafford by road is 2hr35min,140miles from london (google maps), alternatively there is a direct rail route 1hr30min.We do have a 2 wide L layout always set up at my house, currently as the April HFAY track. You are most welcome anytime, can put you up overnight if required.. Our next all day met looks like being Sunday 13th.

kryten
2008.03.26, 08:03 PM
We do have a 2 wide L layout always set up at my house, currently as the April HFAY track. You are most welcome anytime, can put you up overnight if required.. Our next all day met looks like being Sunday 13th.

Hey Bri,Thanks!,we'll see you on the 12th around midday.:D
P.S. i like a full english for brekky too! :p

kryten
2008.03.26, 09:22 PM
Do you know if you'll be here then Soulstice? It's always nice to see new faces :) And we're always well catered on race day!

kryten
2008.03.28, 08:39 PM
Also does anyone have a spare set of rear F1 tyres?:o Ryan needs a set for his new car.

mk2kompressor
2008.03.28, 08:59 PM
what flavour do you need?

kryten
2008.03.28, 09:35 PM
10's and/or 20's if you got a spare pair of each :D

mk2kompressor
2008.03.28, 09:59 PM
got kyosho 20 or atm 10 groove and slick

kryten
2008.03.29, 09:18 AM
Kyo 20's and atm 10 grooves how much for a pair of each?

kryten
2008.04.01, 05:06 PM
Anyone possibly have a diff shaft spare? My 3racing outer tuner diff the threads weren't cut properly on it(too small) so it wont do up/adjust.
If you need to see a pic of the shaft i can post one.

kryten
2008.04.04, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have a pair of wide drift tyres they wanna sell/swap? I have a full set of narrow ones,but i want to run my drifter like this next meet and could use a wide set for the rear.:D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/sendapics/DSC01113.jpg