PDA

View Full Version : R1WURKS Exclusive Matched & Graded Racing Cells WOW!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.03.26, 01:45 PM
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to try out R1Wurks' matched cells. These are different from the R1wurks Team Orion 900 HV Matched cells. All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

No exagerrations, but these batteries are awesome! In my opinion, these are smoother than the matched Orions, but still provide the same, if not, slightly more top end.

The run time is excellent! Beyond 15 minutes for a modified, and the power stayed consistent for majority of the run time. It got to a point that my wrist started hurting....keep in mind, I run mod, not stock.

I tried all of my R1wurks batteries again last night (T.O. 900, R1Wurks Exclusive 900s, and the unmatched R1Wurks Exclusive Cells), and again, I'm stoked. I can't believe how much power these batteries can put out with such a long run time. I can honestly say, I spend more time on the track, rather than charging.

Would I recommend these to other racers? Absolutely!

My personal rating: 10 out of 10 for both practice and racing.

Btw, the R1wurks unmatched cells are really good as well, but at the moment, I haven't had a chance to actually compare it to either a T.O. 900 HV, or the Duratrax 750s, or to the matched cells I currently have. (the dt's are good for practice).

Everyone who got the R1works unmatched cells were commenting how much faster their car was last night. I noticed it myself, when a stock SC430 w/ a speedy was keeping up with other mods.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.03.26, 08:42 PM
This weekend, I'm going to get a set of the TSRs so I can do a comparison, and will post results here. The TSRs I used were Yasuji's. They were new when I tried them.

pchan0
2008.03.27, 03:12 PM
This weekend, I'm going to get a set of the TSRs so I can do a comparison, and will post results here. The TSRs I used were Yasuji's. They were new when I tried them.

How many amps are you guys charging the R1wurks Orion competition cells? What about discharge and delta peak settings? Thanks.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.03.28, 03:26 AM
I charge mine at .9 amp, and sometimes 1.1 amp, but no more than that. I feel that cells as good as these will last longer if charged at the rate recommended by the manufacturer (T.O.). The R1wurks, since it's also 900 mah, I charge at .9 as well. He recommends 1 amp. I'll play it safe to get most out of my precious cells.

I set my Triton (a bit oldschool) charger at 900 mah maximum charge, w/ no peak delay.

as for the ****scharger, I use the ****** booster. I let it sit approx. 10 - 15 minutes after the lightbulbs go out, to make sure it cuts off at the stated rate....I think it's .7 v. I like this tray, actually, but a bit bulky compared to the PN Dischage tray. One cool feature the ****** tray has is when discharging, the fans activate; therefore, cooling the batts as it ****scharges.

My overall rating for the ****** ****scharger: 7.5 - 8 out 10. So far, i've gotten consistent charges w/ this tray...always at 900 mah, which is my desired cut-off.

If you haven't received your batts, I can tell you that I think you'll like them. The TO's are crazy, but I like the R1wurks the best....smooth from the get go.

Hope this helps.

ruf
2008.03.30, 08:07 PM
I tried the unmatched cells out at Kenon last night. I'll give them an initial thumbs up. We'll keep trying them out with the rest of the Reflex drivers to get their impressions.

R1WURKS
2008.04.07, 04:26 AM
coming very very soon. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/teban/label2a3.jpg

wcrotty
2008.04.07, 10:25 AM
I bought the ones that r1wurks was selling on ebay - pro competition cells TO 900 HVs.
I raced them in NY and they worked ok. So when i got home i re-match
all my cells and figured i would check these cells.

Well i was not impressed with the numbers i got on the cells.

Here are the avg numbers i got for all 4 cells.
actual internal resistance: 21+
Discharge Avg Voltage: 1.135v
Discharge seconds:427 seconds 6amp discharge.

Now even my so so cells i matched my self are better then this.

AIR:high 18s (the lower the number the more punch)
DisAvV:high 1.14s (the higher the number the faster then cell)
DisTime:430s.....not that important because even at 10 min we don't have problem dumping.

What system are you matching with?

Peter, i use my GFX turbo 35. I charge at 1.7amps, peak det at .01, discharge at 6 amps and cutoff at .9

R1WURKS
2008.04.07, 03:50 PM
if your charging at 1.7 amps you will not get the full potential of this cells as this will have a negative effect on your AIR (actual internal resistance) it will also lower your average voltage & also give you a little less run time. you should charge this cells at 1amp with a peak detect of .01 & a cut off of .9 volts.

if this conditions does not make your cells the best cells that you have, ill be more than happy to give you a full refund or if you allow me to i would like to replace it with another cell that you can test.

thanks in advance for giving us the opportunity to correct this problem. our goal is to make our customers happy or you can return your purchase & get a full refund no questions asked.

thanks,

Steve

CristianTabush
2008.04.08, 04:24 PM
Bill, aside from what R1 said, I would like to add that a 6 amp discharge is far to aggressive of a test. In the past, when I have data logged Mini-Z's on a track, the average discharge current during a race lies within 2.5-3.0 amps. This is not counting the peak draw out of corners, which seems to be about 8 or 9 amps depending on grip and car. But, after all, the standard in larger scales as well has always been the average discharge current during a race, and not the peak draw. With a 3 amp discharge, you will get a more accurate test.

wcrotty
2008.04.08, 11:57 PM
Hi Cristian,

This is where we disagree. The batteries should be tested at a higher rate. When i was testing Mini-z motors on my fantom motor dyno they had peak currents that were 12+ amps. Now in onroad racing you are always on and off in corners and very rarely are you on a long straight.

Batteries need to be tested at the higher rate. That is why sub C cells are discharged at 30+ amps for testing. This weeds out the bad cells that can not handle the higher amp draw that is required when needed like in corners. This will also train your batteries to discharge at a faster rate. Discharging at 3 amps will not show the Great cells and only mask what the cell can do. Discharging at 3 amps will help the battery matchers put out more cells that look good on paper but in the real world they will only be semi good batteries. I know when people pay the money for the BEST cells they expect that they will be the best.

I have noticed that my TO cells are just getting better and better for AIR and Voltage.

I know we can argue this point for ever that is why i have pinged some of the best matchers for 10th scale on this.

CristianTabush
2008.04.09, 12:27 AM
A 1/10th scale touring car will pull about 90 Amps coming out of a corner, this is why the batteries are tested at 30 amps. They average 30 amps over the period of discharge during a race, hence the 30 Amp discharge.

Discharging at such a high rate will only give you skewed results as these batteries are not designed to dump at such high rates for extended periods of time, they can only handle short bursts of current.

A true race discharge would have variable discharge rates, and this would be the best way to discharge a cell to "test it". Unfortunately, it is impossible to simulate a "true" race on todays battery matchers and chargers/dischargers. This is why the average discharge rate is used across all scales.

Finally, I agree that arguing over how to discharge or charge a cell is honestly kind of pointless. All that matters is how they run on the track, not how they test on a bench.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.09, 04:58 PM
I'm not a battery expert, but one thing I noticed when charging beyond the specified charging rate, the lifespan of the battery was dramatically reduced. I guess there is a compromise:

Charge at higher rate: quicker charging time. Reduced battery life.

Charge at specified rate: Waiting forever. Longer battery life.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.09, 05:00 PM
This, in my opinion is a sign of good business:

if this conditions does not make your cells the best cells that you have, ill be more than happy to give you a full refund or if you allow me to i would like to replace it with another cell that you can test. - Steve.

How come Kyosho doesn't do this?

aphit89
2008.06.01, 10:41 PM
I just got the cells ..it say i have to charged at 3 amps only peak detect should be set on .01.. what is that means? I use maha C9000 ....is 3 amps means 2700 ma when i want to charge? I believe if I have to charge 3 amps the cells will leaked...thank you