PDA

View Full Version : Should I believe the hype?

Action B
2008.04.01, 10:56 AM
Posting has been dead for days, no talk of the next time we're racing, no talk about competing in HFAY.. So whats going on? I'm going to stop checking for posts regularly and checking Emails for possible race times sometime soon.

I was really pumped about our get together, I cleaned out my car and installed my SP chassis (this was ridiculously hard) in preparation of our next race... I even spent some of my savings to get Maya a MR-02 (thanks to byebye) to race on the RCP track for HFAY. Heck, I'm even preparing to build my own (relatively cheap) track to practice on.

Do we not have a space to race? The cars are 1/28 scale..seriously..Throw that track up on my driveway and call it a day. I'll host the dang event if THATS whats holding us back.

So seriously guys.. is this Hampton roads club hype or for real? Whats going on?

SoundWave2501
2008.04.01, 06:56 PM
It's real. I just called Hobby Town about 30 minutes ago since I never heard back from Sean. Word is the space is available.

Wow... Mike is logged in on Tíff's laptop. Time to make him say all kinds of embarassing things.

OH yeah, he does that on his own.

Action B
2008.04.02, 01:26 AM
It's real. I just called Hobby Town about 30 minutes ago since I never heard back from Sean. Word is the space is available.

Wow... Mike is logged in on Tíff's laptop. Time to make him say all kinds of embarassing things.

Thats what i wanted to hear!.. not the embarrasing part.. the racing part! I'm definitely in. I hope my tires hold up, I didn't know we were racing so i didn't order them yet. Sorry about seeming dramatic. I'm very exciteable, and also very easy to get down.

SoundWave2501
2008.04.02, 05:52 PM

Nate you can only be embarrased if you still have shame. I just dont have that problem. Dont be a hater.

jazzyone
2008.04.02, 05:53 PM
we need to be more vocal with each other. its the begening, the hype hasnt even peaked yet. let actually talk for a few on saturday, i know its about racing, but a eam cant win unless everyone is on the same page . im gonna have to deal with what i got till i can fiind something worth racing. im liking the skyline, but i dont know what to say about thhis tire wear thing. driving on pure rubber and the right tiresto weight,, and ive experienced no wear at all, i know this means little, but maybe i can make a track with rubber on it
one with the rcp involved
the sides will hold down the rubber, and i should have enough rubber to fit one good long track. we can come up with a track on paper, and i can get the pieces together, and in two weeks i can have it ready. since i have the track in my car and another oval on the way, i can make these pieces , and have the set ready to put on whatever size track we want. something to think about, the rubber can be set tight taught or a little loose, too loose is scarey, lol. we can discuss this further if you want, if you think its crazy then ok, ill see you all on saturday.

Action B
2008.04.02, 06:05 PM
we need to be more vocal with each other. its the begening, the hype hasnt even peaked yet. let actually talk for a few on saturday, i know its about racing, but a eam cant win unless everyone is on the same page . im gonna have to deal with what i got till i can fiind something worth racing. im liking the skyline, but i dont know what to say about thhis tire wear thing. driving on pure rubber and the right tiresto weight,, and ive experienced no wear at all, i know this means little, but maybe i can make a track with rubber on it
one with the rcp involved
the sides will hold down the rubber, and i should have enough rubber to fit one good long track. we can come up with a track on paper, and i can get the pieces together, and in two weeks i can have it ready. since i have the track in my car and another oval on the way, i can make these pieces , and have the set ready to put on whatever size track we want. something to think about, the rubber can be set tight taught or a little loose, too loose is scarey, lol. we can discuss this further if you want, if you think its crazy then ok, ill see you all on saturday.

I like the enthusiasm, however, the track with rubber could only be for practice purposes. Having a different surface on our track would disqualify us from HFAY. I'm interested in making a track out of a suitable surface for practice to keep at my house, however, a rubber track in my opinion should not be an RCP overlay, but instead its own laydown track, perhaps modeled after an RCP track. This sort of thing would be perfect for me.

jazzyone
2008.04.02, 06:32 PM
you come up with the track size and shape, and i can show you how. my originial intention was a tack as you describe, i built one with banks because the gen 1 xmod didnt turn tight enuf, and i dont want to mess with the boards to make it do so. the problem is selecting how you want to store it

Action B
2008.04.02, 06:50 PM
you come up with the track size and shape, and i can show you how. my originial intention was a tack as you describe, i built one with banks because the gen 1 xmod didnt turn tight enuf, and i dont want to mess with the boards to make it do so. the problem is selecting how oyu want to store it

If you help with the track, I'll help with the board modification.

jazzyone
2008.04.02, 07:19 PM
ill help with the track, but im not looking to modify the boards, i want to keep the xmods within stock terms
i have carbon fiber shafts for 6 , and titainiun screws coming for 3 , and will get more soon, , im going to work on a race car for racing, but i really want to work on the tv racing too, because you see thats the ultimate goal i have for myself, being able to bring that kind of racing to people. this is happening quickly for me, things roll like an avalanch sometimes, your in this for racing, im in it to change what we know racing as

Action B
2008.04.02, 07:45 PM
This is true, I want to be the fastest racer there is, but I know that probably won't happen. There are so many good people out there, I'd be happy if I could just compete with some the best one day and not be overlooked.

jazzyone
2008.04.02, 07:55 PM
you can do it , its not hard, its just expensive
newbies beat oldies everyday in something, get your drive on, get one good car for the classes you want to compete in , and do it. if your good, you wont sweat it when you win, or lose.