PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a club name?

Action B
2008.04.05, 11:26 PM
Should we have one? A lot of others do. Maybe we should have an official club name. Anyone have opinions on this?

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.06, 09:14 AM
Our officially unoffical club name is Seven Cities Racing. Its what we've used in past events. It doesn't have to stay that way if you have some ideas.

For logos, Mike and I were thinking of using the shape of the RX7 or the front end of the Lotus or Caterham super 7

Action B
2008.04.06, 12:07 PM
There is 7 cities in hampton roads?

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.06, 04:46 PM
Virginia Beach
Norfolk
Portsmouth
Chesapeake
Sufolk
Hampton
Newport News

Action B
2008.04.06, 09:00 PM
So there is.... I find it acceptable then .

SoundWave2501
2008.04.07, 10:57 AM
I have a friend in graphic design who is going to make our club t shirts. So far what we have is as Nate described, though I thought that 7 Cities RC Club would be better than 7 Cities Racing, cause that sounds like real cars. The RX-7 idea is a good one as well as the Caterham. We were kicking around the idea of contacting web sites and asking if we can put them on the back of our shirts. The other option is not to have any advertisements on the back, have the club logo, and maybe a smaller logo on the front. There are a lot of ways to go with this one. We can choose color print or black and white. Feel free to chime in with ideas.

netskye
2008.04.24, 11:32 PM
Are you guys a drift team?
I moved to Virginia Beach some time ago, but I never see or hear anyone drifting. I talk to my co-workers about it and some of them don't even know what drift racing is... "Haven't you seen Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift?!... oh wait, I actually haven't seen it either..."
anyway, if any of you are interested in a drifting team, contact me.

Action B
2008.04.25, 02:09 AM
Are you guys a drift team?
I moved to Virginia Beach some time ago, but I never see or hear anyone drifting. I talk to my co-workers about it and some of them don't even know what drift racing is... "Haven't you seen Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift?!... oh wait, I actually haven't seen it either..."
anyway, if any of you are interested in a drifting team, contact me.

Nah, were not a drift team, however, I know some people around who have a drift team. I have an all wheel drive turbocharged talon and I frequently bring it out to the weekend meet spots. So if you want to race or hit up some of the local import car community let me know. I'd be happy to show you where everyone meets at.

This thread is about racing/drifting 1/28 scale R/C cars. We have a local club that meets up every two weekends to race our R/C cars.

imxlr8ed
2008.04.25, 08:46 AM
Whatever you do... don't listen to the younger guys in your club when it comes to a name! ;)

jazzyone
2008.04.29, 05:06 PM
Nah, were not a drift team, however, I know some people around who have a drift team. I have an all wheel drive turbocharged talon and I frequently bring it out to the weekend meet spots. So if you want to race or hit up some of the local import car community let me know. I'd be happy to show you where everyone meets at.

This thread is about racing/drifting 1/28 scale R/C cars. We have a local club that meets up every two weekends to race our R/C cars.
dude i think hes talking about 28th scale drifting, and its fun but is way more of a headache because of how much the tires are abused.

arch2b
2008.04.29, 09:27 PM
i already know you guys as 7 cities from our previous racing :) i like that as whatever part of your name will be.

Action B
2008.04.30, 12:54 AM
dude i think hes talking about 28th scale drifting, and its fun but is way more of a headache because of how much the tires are abused.

He might be. I just assumed real cars because I have never heard of an R/C drift team.

In real cars I agree with the tire statement, in R/C cars I don't. I'm not sure which your talking about. If it is R/C then I submit to you:

My soft tires I run on RCP wear quickly, while, If i were drifting I would be using a harder tire, like my stockers, which have yet to wear even though I have driven on them more.

Also, when I drive on low grip surfaces, it wears my soft tires less. Basically, more grip=more wear. Drifting isn't usually a high grip situation.

Jebroni
2008.04.30, 07:40 AM
Virginia Beach
Norfolk
Portsmouth
Chesapeake
Sufolk
Hampton
Newport News

You need to add Baltimore too, =)

SoundWave2501
2008.04.30, 11:29 AM
You need to add Baltimore too, =)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ROFLCOPTER!!! I dont know why that made me laugh so hard, but I was in the library when I read it. Hilarious.

You know, any of you all are more than welcome to come down to our bi-monthly events. Every other Saturday. I am sure we could set up an enduro of some kind. We have the place from 10-6. Im sure I could talk Sean in to staying later or something every so often if we had people coming in for an event.

jazzyone
2008.04.30, 03:32 PM
have you watched drifting, tires are the biggest concern for them, tell me then why would a 28th scale be the same. no matter what you do, friction causes wear, drifting on a smooth surface yes will decrease the wear but inevidably wear occures.

arch2b
2008.04.30, 03:36 PM
the drift tires are hard plastic and last a very long time. unless your drifting on asphalt, i've never had to replace one yet.

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.30, 04:03 PM
Drifting minizs usually means really hard tires. They don't wear a whole lot. There just isn't enough force acting on them to really tear them up like real tires. That's been my experience anyway.

jazzyone
2008.05.01, 05:33 AM
the drift tires are hard plastic and last a very long time. unless your drifting on asphalt, i've never had to replace one yet.
hard plastic? thats no fun, but whatever works.

arch2b
2008.05.01, 08:24 AM
curious, have you ever seen rc drifting? all most all forms of rc drifting use plastic tires, from 1:10 down to 1:28.

jazzyone
2008.05.03, 08:00 AM
curious, have you ever seen rc drifting? all most all forms of rc drifting use plastic tires, from 1:10 down to 1:28.
ive never seen with my own eyes ,rc drifting , no, I have seen it with real cars, and go carts , tho. and how sick would 1:4 scale camera driven go cart racing be, and while im at it there are many places to do that kind of thing.

Tactical757
2008.08.31, 02:52 PM
On the west coast and mid-west there are many RC drift clubs. Team Arai , Touge Knights etc etc. East coast isn't as into it yet as the west coast is seeing as Full on Import scene stuff trickles from Japan to the west coast then so on and so forth and the same goes for the Rc stuff. I know for a fact in japan guys have been drifting RC's at least 2 years before we got into it here.

As for most people using plastic tires yes they use ALOT of ABS etc especially for concrete when using a motor say 35t to 19t but once you get into the gearing [ after stock] aspect and lower turn motors you want tires suited to high speed drifting which are more rubber based then plastic. when it comes to Brushless set ups you want Yok's or HPI drift tires due to the fact that the rubber base in the tire is a lot higher percentage wise then the plastic. More rubber = more grip ; less = well you get it. ABS is the perfect solution for the hobbyist who does not want to spend 32498324 dollars on tires [ little less with Yok drift rings due to the fact that the rings are like 4 bucks a pop on ebay]. I am no genius obviously but i learn as i go and test etc. ABS offers supposedly the perfect balance between slip and grip however in my testing on concrete and carpet it just slips lol. On rough street concrete it slides way to much , on smooth driveway type concrete it's almost perfect. Brand new parking lot? beautiful

Oh and Action B , where does everyone meet now? I used to be heavy into the import scene in the 757. Met up at the Va driven meets a lot and sometimes i attend the Pungo drift meets here and there. Back when i was driving my B16B ef hatch and my little EK2. I'm off the vadriven forums now ,been awhile. might check them out again to see whats up.

[ I am not in the 7 cities club , however talking to Locals and getting together to race or bash is al ot of fun. I will hopefully make it up the Saturday after next to check out the races again. Thanks goes to Soundwave for letting me know whats up. Look forward to meeting you guys. be safe]