PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Charm City First Event at Starbucks (Frappucino 500)

Jebroni
2008.04.07, 06:32 AM
Well, it was a decent first event. Small layout due to space. I have some good guys from Dorks on Wheels drive down, and I got alot of interest from passing customers. Ed has a loaner car he let people try out, and I handed out flyers.... Hopefully the next event will be even bigger....

P.S. Dont make fun of the Pit space................... hahaha

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_001.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_011.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_022.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_009.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_014.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/Photo_040608_017.jpg

Well, I hope more people can go to the next one...... Thanks again to Ed, Quinn, and John for coming down and racing!!!!!!!!!

Jebroni
2008.04.07, 08:44 AM
The next club event will definitely NOT be at a Starbucks..... I will be getting a spot that is alot bigger, so I cna make use of alot more rcp, and draw more attention to the club..... Perhaps a mall

imxlr8ed
2008.04.07, 11:40 AM
The next club event will definitely NOT be at a Starbucks..... I will be getting a spot that is alot bigger, so I cna make use of alot more rcp, and draw more attention to the club..... Perhaps a mall

Yes... it was interesting to say the least. You definitely need a bigger location to race at if you're planning to invite more than 3 or 4! :D Had fun letting newbies run my cars around as always... I hope you get some people out of it, but... don't get your hopes up too much. Like I told you... I handed out 250 some flyers the one mall race I had and didn't have a single one show up to race.

Dave... great to race with you and I know you really want your club to grow as fast as possible, but as I said... it takes alot of time and patience. You'll get people soon enough, but you have to get the basics down first or you're going to spend alot of cash on burned out loaner cars and busted parts. Just a little advice from someone who's been down that road.

Cya!

Jebroni
2008.04.07, 11:59 AM
Yes... it was interesting to say the least. You definitely need a bigger location to race at if you're planning to invite more than 3 or 4! :D Had fun letting newbies run my cars around as always... I hope you get some people out of it, but... don't get your hopes up too much. Like I told you... I handed out 250 some flyers the one mall race I had and didn't have a single one show up to race.

Dave... great to race with you and I know you really want your club to grow as fast as possible, but as I said... it takes alot of time and patience. You'll get people soon enough, but you have to get the basics down first or you're going to spend alot of cash on burned out loaner cars and busted parts. Just a little advice from someone who's been down that road.

Cya!

I know, I am just trying to stay positive man. I have a feeling that in 2 months I will be still traveling all over to race, but I am making myself be optimistic, lol..... I had a great time with you yesterday too man. I would love to race with you every week and pick your brain....

P.S. did the WD40 trick and it worked a little. I shook em in the can, and let it sit for 13 minutes... then took em out, dryed em off good, and let em rip.

arch2b
2008.04.07, 02:17 PM
iterclub racing is a positive growth engine for clubs as well. ed and i have held several regional events and with the entrance of atleast 2 maryland clubs these will continue to grow as well!

all in all i now know of atleast 2 va clubs, our dc/ma/va club and atleast 2 md clubs. if we can organize well, it should make future regional events much larger in turnout and growth.

racing in starbucks would be very dangerous for me:p

imxlr8ed
2008.04.07, 03:40 PM
Baltimore and Philly are 2 cities that need their own Z clubs badly... I've always wondered why there wasn't any? Strange how it seems to just pop up in areas. All it really takes is one or two dedicated people, and newbies usually follow.

It spreads like the flu in some cases.

Were trying to get some events going soon at DOW... hopefully some real big ones in the coming months!

byebye
2008.04.07, 08:54 PM
Awesome Dave! I wish I had your enthusiasm right now. I just don't have the time, the space yeah but not the time.

I've got a contact with the mall but I'm not ready to get out there. Just keep positive and focused. I remember when it was just arch2b and myself racing around his basement track. Now the DC club has grown. I'll tell you though racing never gets old.

Goodjob!
Kris

Jebroni
2008.04.08, 06:41 AM
Awesome Dave! I wish I had your enthusiasm right now. I just don't have the time, the space yeah but not the time.

I've got a contact with the mall but I'm not ready to get out there. Just keep positive and focused. I remember when it was just arch2b and myself racing around his basement track. Now the DC club has grown. I'll tell you though racing never gets old.

Goodjob!
Kris

Thats what I am hoping. I am so worried that this will get old.... but from what I have been experiencing, you are always learning new stuff, and on top of that, with new items and cars coming out to buy, I should be racing for a long time to come. I am planning on next months event to be a little bigger, lol. Hopefully if I get a decent number of people, I can come down to DC, and meet you guys. I already went to the Haobbyworks in Fairfax and asked about you all, lol.

Jebroni
2008.04.08, 06:42 AM
I just noticed....... I am not in one single picture from the event, rofl.

imxlr8ed
2008.04.08, 07:20 AM
I would highly recommend running with the DC guys... they are all extremely knowledgeable in the sport, and it's not that far for you to travel.

Jebroni
2008.04.08, 08:38 AM
Yeah......I would like to if they will have me, lol..... Baltimore needs a club bad, and I am gonna get it going. Liek you said, it will just take time.