PDA

View Full Version : ex-1 ur 2.4 conversion

yasuji
2008.04.11, 01:14 AM
this could be seen as the biggest waste of money project that i have ever done but.... what the hay.....its just money.......:rolleyes:
so i gut my ex-1 , strip my kt-18 and my electronics genius jimmi le re wires a few things and wala!!!! now i can use the radio that feels good in my hands, has very little weight!!!!:D
im excited to try it @kenon tomorrow night:D

bobbyz
2008.04.11, 01:46 AM
that takes guts!!! couldn't quite wait for the module ;) i really hope that works out. gives me bad ideas about trying something similar with the cheap losi radio i use for my am mr02 cars. keep us posted

herman
2008.04.11, 02:02 AM
hmm... don't get it... lemmie see if i got this right... you take out all the electronics of your ex-1 and transplant all the kt-18 stuff into it???

i take it that you just couldn't wait for the module eh?

hopefully you can put it all back when the 2.4ghz module comes out....

looks pretty cool though...

WeBoC
2008.04.11, 08:11 AM
Found by HaCo on german forum:
http://www.rc-micromodellbau.de/ftp/microsash/kt71

http://www.rc-micromodellbau.de/ftp/microsash/kt72[/quote]

Source:http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=102770789176&startid=15

We were wondering when some brave american was going to try and convert this to a module for Ko-Propo transmitters :D

Did your electronics genius rewire this into a module ?
If so, can you (or him) give insctruction on how to do that?
Me too am wating to use my ex-10 instead of the KT-18.

soulstice
2008.04.11, 09:00 AM
gutsy project yasuji.

So is the 2.4 board fully integrated into the EX-1 ssytem? Like can you still do all the model memory controls etc?

yasuji
2008.04.11, 11:06 AM
gutsy project yasuji.

So is the 2.4 board fully integrated into the EX-1 ssytem? Like can you still do all the model memory controls etc?

unfortunately ......no..... all i did was install the kt18 board in to the ex1 so basically i have a kt18 that feeles like a ex1 :o

ocean rodeo
2008.04.11, 11:12 AM
WOW! great idea but why not wait for the module?

yasuji
2008.04.11, 11:30 AM
WOW! great idea but why not wait for the module?

i noticed that when racing with the kt 18 i have to hold the radio really tight and it takes way to much effort to hold the radio ...when i relax ive almost droped the radio in the middle of the race:confused:
aside form that the kt 18 functions work really well....and now i have the feel from the radio that fits me well:)

AFMiniz
2008.04.12, 08:59 AM
I've thought of this as well but a few points can't figure out how to do. Please advise:

1. use the EX1's steering & throttle "adjustment" inside (by re-wire them onto the KT-18's electronic board) or physically replace them with KT-18 one? The "adjustment" I referred is the variable resistence control ("VR") not the adustment use to trim the balance one.

2. how you make the trim adjustments (steering & throtte) link with EX-1's control.

3. The other switches are more straight forward since just on/off function, please advise if it is not as I thought.

4. It is much appreciated if you could provide picture and more details.

5. One news to share according to a Japanese website, the release date of module has been postoned further from end of Apr to end of May.

Thanks in advance.

ocean rodeo
2008.04.12, 11:16 AM
Grant thanks for hooking up my car last night it feels so much easier to drive. You the man.

yasuji
2008.04.12, 01:13 PM
I've thought of this as well but a few points can't figure out how to do. Please advise:

1. use the EX1's steering & throttle "adjustment" inside (by re-wire them onto the KT-18's electronic board) or physically replace them with KT-18 one? The "adjustment" I referred is the variable resistence control ("VR") not the adustment use to trim the balance one.

2. how you make the trim adjustments (steering & throtte) link with EX-1's control.

3. The other switches are more straight forward since just on/off function, please advise if it is not as I thought.

4. It is much appreciated if you could provide picture and more details.

5. One news to share according to a Japanese website, the release date of module has been postoned further from end of Apr to end of May.

Thanks in advance.

on the ex 1 the steering trims throttle trim buttons all share the same ground
to use the throttle trims from the ex1 you must make them isolated switches
(throttle trim uses cont. to ground....steering trim you must then direct wire)
good luck....:D

ruf
2008.04.13, 12:24 AM
I saw this mod last night and yasuji has lost his mind... :D Very cool.

EMU
2008.04.13, 04:11 AM
I have seen this done with a Helios. At first I thought "how did he got the module without it being released yet?" Then I realized that it was not a module... and he had put the KT-18 electronics into the EX-10.

Nice job Yasuji. Came out clean. Its an expensive way to have a comfortable controller to run the 2.4 with until the module is released. I guess a standard EX-1 would have worked, and been much cheaper as well. Do you plan to do a write up about it? I may concider this since I have an EX-1 that hasnt been used in a while...