PDA

View Full Version : Track Change

pick
2008.04.14, 08:17 AM
I figured we may as well start a new thread on this subject. For those of you who haven't seen Todd's initial post, it's in race results. Short story is that the track is now flipped and transponder loop is still in straight-a-way. However the straight-a-way is now where the computer is. I haven't ran on the track since it has been moved. However, I thought we only voted to move the transponder loop, not the track. The purpose was to get the finish line closer to Vicki for F1's and reduce wheel hop on the long straight due to the hump caused by the transponder wire. F1's are no longer an issue due to everyone using transponders now. So, I'm not sure what the reason for the flipped track was. We still have a bump issue at the fastest point on the track. I look forward to racing on whatever is decided. However, it probably should be a group vote finished off with a Vicki / Jim final decision before movement in the future. I'm sure this was probably just a miscommunication. If the track was moved at Vicki / Jim's request, that's totally fine. It's their shop and track. I greatly appreciate them allowing us to race. If it was moved just because one or two racers like it better this way........... Either way, still looking forward to Thursday!!
James

pedrocamp
2008.04.14, 12:02 PM
I don't mind a change in track layout, perspective wise. Actually I wouldn't mind a layout change once in a while. I guess it is reasonable to have the loop at the end of the long straight. Todd has valid points about marshalling though. You don't need much marshalling on a straight so the pit tables shouldn't be a problem. The tables at the new first corner could be a problem. Could they be moved? Can the hump be smoothed with shims under the track, on each side of the wires, to make a longer transition over the wires?

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.04.14, 07:19 PM
I don't mind a change in track layout, perspective wise. Actually I wouldn't mind a layout change once in a while. I guess it is reasonable to have the loop at the end of the long straight. Todd has valid points about marshalling though. You don't need much marshalling on a straight so the pit tables shouldn't be a problem. The tables at the new first corner could be a problem. Could they be moved? Can the hump be smoothed with shims under the track, on each side of the wires, to make a longer transition over the wires?
Pedro

The problem isn't the wires but the little box on the end of the loop that winds up just under the edge of the track. if a couple of people participate I think it can be adjusted. The track was flipped at Vicki's request to ease some marshalling concerns.

Mike

mleemor60
2008.04.15, 03:17 PM
Stopped by today and fiddled with the bump. I got the little black box extended just out from under the inside edge of the track. Seems pretty flat now. One possible new problem could be a double count due to the proximity of the box to the adjoinig track section. Time will tell.

Mike

pick
2008.04.15, 09:52 PM
Thanks Mike for trying to remedy the bump problem. To be honest, I never really payed any attn. to it in the past. With my not being of Rodney and Pedro's superior driving skill:D, it probably won't affect me. I'm just trying to keep up!! I haven't been by HSH since last Thursday, but I'll attempt to get there early this Thurs. to help with any fine tuning that may be needed.
James

Breeze
2008.04.19, 12:49 AM
Hi guys, I have been real busy lately and I am looking forward to racing this Thursday. I can suggest that the underside of the track be routed out where the loop is. That will take care of any bump issues. Cya

-J-
2009.05.17, 04:19 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of the current layout of the track? Just curious as to what it looks like. I checked out the threads about the track, but they're a year and a half old.

mleemor60
2009.05.17, 10:31 AM
We will see what we can do about a picture or 2

Breeze
2009.05.17, 12:12 PM
Hey, It has been real crazy for me so far this year. I hope to get up there this week, but I probably won't be able to make it until the 28th. Hope to see y'all soon!

Ragin' Cajun

mleemor60
2009.05.17, 01:10 PM
Bout D**n time. Thought maybe you swallowed something this time and instead of going to the expense to find out what they just put you to sleep.

If you don't make it til the 28th we will have a report on the PN race in Myrtle beach.

Send me your email address again. I tried to edit it but deleted it instead.

pick
2009.05.17, 01:36 PM
Edit............Delete, Edit..........Delete. I guess when your old and blind, they look pretty close to the same :p. Just kidding Mike. And yes, I'm still having dreams of the yellow hat :eek:! It's about time that Crazy Cajun showed back up :cool:. Have you been experimenting with any new special sauces on the mini-Z's Lara :D?

James

mleemor60
2009.05.17, 03:22 PM
When Yellow hat comes to live with you I will delete all the pictures and send them with the car.

-J-
2009.05.17, 07:31 PM
We will see what we can do about a picture or 2

Appreciate it. :)

cosmicsoul
2009.05.17, 11:29 PM
Good to see you Lara. Hope to see you in person real soon!

Jay

kwsmith29
2009.07.10, 06:35 PM
Got a question for everyone. Since were having a little get together tommorrow to work on the track to install rail liners. Is anyone intrested in changing the configuration around a little bit? Just make some changes in the infield. What do you think.

mleemor60
2009.07.10, 08:47 PM
Works for me. I have an idea or two.

cosmicsoul
2009.07.11, 01:08 AM
I won't be there but if you want to make it bigger, I am all for it.

Smaller not for it at all, leave it alone.

Bigger good, smaller bad! Mas grande, more bigger!

El Presidente Pedro me dijo que querre una pista de carrera mas grande! El Presidente Pedro told me he wants a bigger track.

Okay so I am lying, but who wouldn't like to see the track bigger.

All in favor?

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.07.11, 10:22 AM
Everyone knows size is everything, sorry Jay!

I am all for a layout change. Bigger would be great but even the current footprint with a different line would be cool. Sorry I can't be there to help, painting the house, mowing the lawn, etc...

Take a photo!

mleemor60
2009.07.11, 05:04 PM
We got a new layout done with RCP's new rail liners. First the rail liners. Talk about adding another dimension? Boys and girls that it did. Snagging the rail no longer turns you into the other rail. Not even with a T-bone hit. It will kick you into trafic at some odd angles if you aren't paying attention but being sucked in to the rail and peeling a tire is a thing of the past as long as you have your tires correctly installed. Josh threw one off but it was so worn out it shouldn't have stayed on anyway. It will be different but fun.

The track is now a little longer by six tiles but is in exactly the same foot print. The speed demons will love it cause there is plenty and the lap times are down between .4-.7 seconds. Best practice time was a 7.01 for Wade a 7.03 for Josh and a 7.4 for me. Photos were taken and Wade says he will have them up tonight. Over all the track drives really well and we will have fun with it. Prepare to sharpen your driving skills.

See everybody on Thursday.

cosmicsoul
2009.07.11, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mike for supplying the rail liners and thanks for everyone who showed up to expand the track. I am guessing Wade, Josh and a few others. See you all soon. Have a nice weekend!

Jay

mleemor60
2009.07.11, 11:10 PM
Lots of 2 wide track now. Patience will pay off big time.

kwsmith29
2009.07.11, 11:21 PM
Better late than never. Here ya go.....

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/track1.jpg
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/track2.jpg

pedrocamp
2009.07.12, 05:20 AM
Thanks Wade, looks good guys.

Traveler
2009.07.12, 06:41 AM
Wow! Looks a lot faster! Can't wait to try it.
Thanks to all that worked on reconfiguring it!

pick
2009.07.12, 11:45 AM
Thanks for all the work guys, looks great :cool:. Can't wait til Thursday :D.

James

mleemor60
2009.07.12, 12:31 PM
Be prepared to switch front tires from side to side more often. There is a lot of load on the left front. If you hit it just right, when you come out of the infield portion in the back corner you can keep it matted all the way around to where it goes back into the infield. It's a real kick when you get it right. It is especially fun with an LM car. If you happen to skim the rail liner it feels like the car picks up speed. If you have ever slid off the road onto the grass while driving in the rain you will know what I mean.

kwsmith29
2009.11.13, 04:46 PM
Ok guys here we go.....

I made mention this Thursday night about a track change. Seems like the idea sounded good to all on hand. I spoke with James, Rodney, and Mike Morse today and they are good with the decision. Are there any objections? I do plan on leaving the front stright in tact and include some kind of sweeper following it then mixing up the infield. Keep it a drivers layout and not speed.

I plan on doing this tomorrow. Anyone up for some fun.

Tell me what you think.

Wade

pedrocamp
2009.11.13, 04:54 PM
I am up for a change, sorry I can't help though, Zak and I are going to the Duke-GaTech game. Do something James will hate and that will slow Rodney down!

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2009.11.13, 06:56 PM
I am game. Can't make it have to do my part to help the economy tommorr,ow, mine specifically!

Have fun!

I would have to agree that no hairpins at the end of the the straight though!

Any takers on the Carolina Christmass Challenge?http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33074

Davey G
2009.11.13, 08:10 PM
Dont mean to hi-jack your thread...any of you guys coming to the Garden State Shootout next weekend at Maj's? It was nice meeting a few of you guys at the ALS race. Hope to see you there!

kwsmith29
2009.11.13, 10:34 PM
Tell me what you think. The top of the page is our current front stright...

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/wade3.png

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/wade2.png

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/wade1.png

cosmicsoul
2009.11.13, 11:56 PM
Outstanding! I love em all!

I think the first one would be the most significant change from our current lay out. I think we could even run some mod cars on this layout.

We should consider using these layouts in the future, perhaps changing up every month or quarter. Just my opinion.

I vote for the first layout.

In response to Dave G's post I would love to go to the Garden State shootout. Unfortunately due to the upcoming holidays I am not sure my budget or wife will permit it.

I think in the future we should consider a trip up to NJ just to check things out build relationships with other east coast racers. May be we could even convince a few of them to do the same and visit us.

Life is nothing but a series of relationships and connections. In order for this sport to continue growing with the momentum that it currently has, is to continue building on this.

Not everyone is going to the best racer, but every one has the ability to be a good friend. Lets face it the way things are these days you can't have to many friends or too many Mini-Z's.

You never know the guy standing next to you on the race stand might just be the person to help you take that million dollar idea you've had for years to the next level.

kwsmith29
2009.11.14, 12:36 AM
Jay your such a pilosoososffier!!!!

kwsmith29
2009.11.15, 08:28 AM
Here's the one I went with. Sorry Jay I stated eailer I was going to leave the front stright the same.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/kwsmith29/wade2.png

I will have pictures up as soon as Andy emails them to me. There were no tiles taken away or added, so we are on the same footprint. I did stick around for an hour or so running, but spent most of my time with Dustin and CJ getting there rides dialed in. My best lap was 7.65. So looks like maybe a mid to low 7 second lap.

I hope all enjoys.

Wade

pedrocamp
2009.11.15, 08:42 AM
Thanks Wade, looks good! So the top of the page relates to the previous front straight so it is in the same place?

Traveler
2009.11.15, 09:34 AM
Looks good KDub. If I can swing it I will drop by tuesday afternoon to get some practice and tuning in before Thursday.

kwsmith29
2009.11.15, 01:02 PM
Yes Pedro thats correct....

kwsmith29
2010.04.21, 09:16 PM
OK guys I back in town and will be headed up to HSH tomorrow around 1pm to set the new track up. I'll be by myself, any help will be greatly appericated...

Thanks,
K Dub

kromie101
2010.04.22, 07:31 PM
what up peeps.i like the first layout,i know it don't matter:p:D. the second one you have looks just like the layout you guys ran when i ran with ya.