PDA

View Full Version : New Track Layout

Jebroni
2008.04.14, 11:44 AM
I took the oppurtunity to clean my apartment and I moved some furniture so I could make my track layout bigger. Only problem is I am stuck with
7 tiles, by 7, tiles as my dimension. Here is what I came up with. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/NewTrack3.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/jebroni2k8/NewTrack.jpg

What do you guys think??

Hood
2008.04.14, 03:16 PM
Instead of doing that long skinny straight, you could make the one tile width in the infield, making for a critical slow corner, but you would be able to carry the speed around the outer loop making for more passing, speed, and fun..

Hood

cosmicsoul
2008.04.14, 10:04 PM
I made a cool layout on RCPtracks.com but couldn't figure out how to save it or post a link, sorry. Try the program you can do several set ups with your arrangement it you leave the infield open.

I had a track set up in a room with similar dimensions and I ran my 8th tile up the wall. The 8th tile gives you that many more possiblities! The bank can be kind of cool too!

I knocked down a wall at my office and now I have a 7 x 14 tile track. I wish I had room for one more tile. Anyway I am content for now. I hope things work out well with your future club events.

Jay

Jebroni
2008.04.15, 08:12 AM
I made a cool layout on RCPtracks.com but couldn't figure out how to save it or post a link, sorry. Try the program you can do several set ups with your arrangement it you leave the infield open.

I had a track set up in a room with similar dimensions and I ran my 8th tile up the wall. The 8th tile gives you that many more possiblities! The bank can be kind of cool too!

I knocked down a wall at my office and now I have a 7 x 14 tile track. I wish I had room for one more tile. Anyway I am content for now. I hope things work out well with your future club events.

Jay

Please pm me so I can ask you questions about the bank.

Jebroni
2008.04.17, 07:33 AM
So, Does anyone suggest cutting one tile into little circles, so that I can take the pieces with the one hole in the corner, and make them filler pieces, meaning tiles with NO holes at all in them. Anyone tried that?

cosmicsoul
2008.04.17, 12:30 PM
We did this at our club track in NC I didn't even know it until some one pointed it out.

Jay