PDA

View Full Version : Custom light kit video?...

imxlr8ed
2008.04.16, 05:34 PM
Just saw this on the tube... cool light system. I especially like the simulated backfire on the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjX0TG2LtNo

I wonder if this is a kit someone is selling?

simalive
2008.04.16, 06:39 PM
Great link. That is so cool! I do hope it is a kit that's for sale.

kja812
2008.04.17, 12:43 AM
What would you guys be willing to pay for such a lighting kit?

I've had something similar in mind as well as a cop kit - I could easily do both in a single package. I would need to have a market of at least 25 sets to cut the pcb fabrication cost down.

Let me know if you are interested I should have some free time over the next couple months to design/build something.

herman
2008.04.17, 02:11 AM
pretty cool... :D

Shadow Runner
2008.04.17, 08:25 AM

I've had something similar in mind as well as a cop kit - I could easily do both in a single package. I would need to have a market of at least 25 sets to cut the pcb fabrication cost down.

Let me know if you are interested I should have some free time over the next couple months to design/build something.

No more than $50, but I don't really no how much these things would cost.

I'm not as interested in a cop kit than what is on the video. Count me as interested though.:)

simalive
2008.04.17, 10:25 AM

If the kit would do exactly like the video, I'm definitely interested (especially the back-firing part).

I don't have a price range in mind, how much would you think your kit would cost if there's a market of at least 25 sets?

kja812
2008.04.17, 11:36 AM
how much would you think your kit would cost if there's a market of at least 25 sets?

My very rough guess is $30-40 based on the following costs:
- $10-15 circuit board
- $10-15 parts - microcontroller, regulator, a few transistors & other parts, LEDs, wire, connectors, heatshrink, etc...
- $10 my time to assemble and test
- Free R&D (this would be for heck of it after all)

imxlr8ed
2008.04.17, 05:51 PM
I always liked the cop setup... would be cool if you had a board with plugs for different things. One would be for the usual headlights and brake lights (brakelights must function), next would be optional foglights, next would be cop lights, next would be backfire, the you'd have the underglow or the strobe kit... alot of tiny plugs on one do-it-all lighting board. A bit much to ask, but then you could sell the lights with the wires and tiny connectors seperately.

For a normal full cop car quality kit with a small efficient size? I'd pay $20 to $30. I think I paid $20 for my Midnight Driver kit.

mustanglover
2008.04.18, 12:48 AM
wow that crazy, i love it, will go good with my s2000 iam getting or viper iam getting.

HammerZ
2008.04.18, 04:10 AM
Be nice if it was a PCB kit that we can solder our own LED's and lead wires to. This way you can keep the price down and sell more of these things. Cars this size even the smallest connectors can add alot of bulk quickly.