PDA

View Full Version : Controller is working backwards??!!!!

DunkSBZ
2008.04.16, 11:39 PM
What's up guy's i'm new on here. I just got the 2.4 and did the setup to pair the radio to the car. My problem is my KT18 controller is working backwards. Meaning when i press forward i'm getting throttle and when i press back im getting reverse. Anyone else encounter this problem?? I paired the radio to the car a few times and still the same thing, :(

kja812
2008.04.16, 11:47 PM
What's up guy's i'm new on here. I just got the 2.4 and did the setup to pair the radio to the car. My problem is my KT18 controller is working backwards. Meaning when i press forward i'm getting throttle and when i press back im getting reverse. Anyone else encounter this problem?? I paired the radio to the car a few times and still the same thing, :(

Check your motor wires, they may be backwards.

DunkSBZ
2008.04.16, 11:55 PM
nope,,just checked the cars manual, wires are going where they should on the board and motor. this is depressing!!!!!!!!!!

kja812
2008.04.17, 12:02 AM
hmmm... sorry I don't have the KT18 (yet). Are there throttle and steering reverse functions on this radio?

DunkSBZ
2008.04.17, 12:05 AM
yes just trim selections though, i know some radios have a reversal button to reverse trigger functions. Not this one though.

DunkSBZ
2008.04.17, 12:47 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED, i was turning the car on and THEN inserting the pairing stick. Instead of turning the car on with the pairing stick inserted. Thanks aLL ,,,heading to the basement :)

herman
2008.04.17, 04:09 AM
good tip... happened to me too...
usually adjust the throttle trim until it moves forward...

marc
2008.04.18, 07:24 PM
I was going to suggest perhaps you got the Austrailian model. You know how their toilet flush spin's the opposit direction? :D Hardy, har, har. :D

Flashsp-2
2008.04.24, 07:01 AM
I just installed my ma010 conversion kit, and I am indeed having a backward controller issue. It's nothing to do with the wires, however, as there is a delay going from reverse throttle on the controller to forward throttle on the controller, as if it is trying to brake going to forward. Pretty obnoxious really. I tried resetting the controller, rebinding it, both quite a few times, but to no avail. I was just going to take the controller apart and switch the throttle pot wires but I can't get the casing separated by the LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What are the odds I actually got one that was wired backward? Maybe I am missing something blatantly obvious, but it's late and I am pretty spent.

Davey G
2008.04.24, 08:20 AM
I just installed my ma010 conversion kit, and I am indeed having a backward controller issue. It's nothing to do with the wires, however, as there is a delay going from reverse throttle on the controller to forward throttle on the controller, as if it is trying to brake going to forward. Pretty obnoxious really. I tried resetting the controller, rebinding it, both quite a few times, but to no avail. I was just going to take the controller apart and switch the throttle pot wires but I can't get the casing separated by the LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What are the odds I actually got one that was wired backward? Maybe I am missing something blatantly obvious, but it's late and I am pretty spent.

Reset the transmitter to race mode. Turn the transmitter off, hold the "down" button on the throttle trim while powering the transmitter back on, wait for the beep, and you should be back in business. If your still having issues PM me, there are other settings in the transmitter that you can try as well.

Flashsp-2
2008.04.24, 10:06 PM
Dave, thanks a bunch, the car actually works now. I no longer want to throw it at the wall :D