E-mail or call for directions.
(404) 754-3410

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 12:00pm

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95) *** NEW RULE *** FET mods are now allowed in stock class. Motor must still be stock as defined in HFAY rules.
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
F1 - Any chassis mods and any FET safe motor.
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each (some still available for $10). This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track (foam mat surface)
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

pinoyboy
2008.04.17, 07:37 PM
hmm, I don't think I will be going to this race. We still have 1 more after this right?:confused:

russp
2008.04.17, 07:41 PM
I was planning to come.

AtlRC
2008.04.17, 08:14 PM
This is the last race. Check out the schedule thread posted earlier this year. I kind of thought we had another left, but this is it.

The points spreadsheet is missing one race, race #7 I believe. I intend to fix it tonight and let everyone know when it has been updated. I didn't realize it was missing a race until I started looking at our race schedule and realized this was our last race and the points standing sheet didn't match.

When I post the updated points tonight... I'll tell everyone what the prizes will be! Remember, racers who attended at least 6 races will be eligible for the grand prize. We will also have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the points standings (stock class only).

AtlRC
2008.04.17, 10:44 PM
Points have been updated: Current Points (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/2007-2008WinterSeasonPoints.htm)

Drivers who have competed in 6 or more races are eligible for the Grand Prize drawing to be held this Saturday (need not be present to win)...

...and the Grand Prize for the 2007/2008 Winter Racing Season raffle is... drumroll please.... A Brand New...

Kyosho 2.4 GHz ASF Mini-Z Rothmans Porsche 962 C LH No.1 MR-02 LM Tx-Less :eek:

I know, I know... this doesn't come with a transmitter :(. But hopefully whomever wins it either already has one, plans to get one, or will decide to get one! I would (but I won't be in the drawing). ...or I guess it's possible that if you wanted to send it back for an exchange for something else from Minizracer.com, you could probably do that to. I can't wait to see it (I have to pick it up tomorrow).

Here's a link to the car:
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19022&cat=361&page=4

I'll reveal the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in the Stock Class points standings at Saturday's race.

Hope to see ya'all here!

AtlRC
2008.04.17, 10:48 PM
hmm, I don't think I will be going to this race. We still have 1 more after this right?:confused:

You can't miss the last race! Looks like you'll get a prize... you wouldn't want to miss that :eek: !

If you can't make it, you'll still get whatever you got coming. Great job this year! You're still tearing up the track... you've been challenged quite a bit towards the end of year (good job Art)... but you're still kicking butt! Good racing!

AtlRC
2008.04.17, 10:48 PM
I was planning to come.

Great! See you Saturday!

pinoyboy
2008.04.17, 10:54 PM
Cool beans, looks like I'll come out for the final race. I guess I'm in for stock and F1

russp
2008.04.17, 11:16 PM
So, looking forward to some car action this Saturday but after this final race comes .... Plane action. Oh yeah. :) I just found a small racing wing you can build with a $4 motor that will go 70 mph. $4 dollars!

hpgod
2008.04.18, 05:44 AM
I am in for Stock and mod. Hoepfully the motor runs right all day long this time.

AtlRC
2008.04.18, 06:52 PM
Got the Rothmans Porsche in today... man is it beautiful! :)

russp
2008.04.19, 09:59 PM
Great racing today guys. Billy, I like you left a bit discouraged that we both lagged by over 10 laps in the main. I know we are not as good at driving but still our cars are definitely slower. I just ordered some Orion matched cells to try out. See this thread here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27913

I think Art said he just runs the non-matched of these so here is hoping this will help my car significantly as stated in the thread above. Also, we both really have no choice now but to do a FET upgrade or switch to newer cars. I'll give a report on these batteries. I've been wanting to make a big long oval track that goes all the way down my hall and this is a good reason to do so. :)

I still don't want to go to 2.4 Ghz though. I like my computer radio and hate the idea of going to that goofy one. :(

hpgod
2008.04.20, 04:05 PM
russ I ran old intellects set in 2 qualifiers. I ran 1 set of orions unmatched in 1 qualifier and 1 main. I feel it takes a few cycles to wake up the cells if they have been sitting for a week or two so the batteries I run on raceday I try to run in practice during the week. My motor is two years old in my stock car. I only use it on race day though. I run a 8 year old stock motor in a Pn bb can a a practice motor. It run like a stock motor that is clean and on comm dropps so it is a good practice motor. I can feel a difference in all the batteires i have tried. rayovac, some walmart 1000s, radio shack, intelects,better power, orion high volt and runtimes and sanyo 1000s.

For the stock class I recommend the orion high volts and hank uses the team scream batteries. Both are good.

AtlRC
2008.04.20, 05:45 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/041908-StockAMain.htm)

F1 A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/041908-F1AMain.htm)

I'll post the final points tonight.

AtlRC
2008.04.20, 10:28 PM
Final Points have been updated.

2007/2008 Winter Season Final Points (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/2007-2008WinterSeasonPoints.htm)

Prizes were awarded for Stock class points:
1st place: Hank - Kyosho Stock Motor & Team Orion Batteries
2nd place: Patrick - No prizes for me!
3rd place: Art - Team Orion Batteries
4th place: Billy - Front and Rear sets of P&N tires.

The grand prize drawing of the Mini-Z Rothmans Porsche 962 MR-02 LM 2.4GHz ASF... went to HANK!!! Great season Hank! Awsome driving and tuning! The Porsche is just the icing on the cake for such a fine display of driving and sportsmanship! Can't wait to race with you more next season!

We've seen some great improvements from eveyone this year. Art was hauling by the end of season! Art, you've always displayed the potential to run a darn good race... then towards the end, the tuning and the consistency started kicking in and you've proved that you can give us all a good race. I look foward to seeing what you can do next season. Billy and Russ, you've both improved considerably... it looks like you were having fun and giving each other a good run at many of the races.

I'm glad eveyone could make it this year, and hope to see you all next season! We'll have to try to bring more people in next year... we'll have to brain storm some ideas to promote hobby.

-Patrick

hpgod
2008.04.21, 05:45 AM
Patrick. thanks for the compliments. I told you before I use to be good. My hand Eye skills are still not good. for me to be good I use to half to run/race 4 days a week. I finally have a car that is consistant so I am not chasing car balance all day so I could concentrate on driving. I tried ~ 20 tire combinations though the season. My final setup was reflex rears and PN15 front.

pinoyboy
2008.04.21, 11:40 AM
So, is it too early to talk about next season?:p

AtlRC
2008.04.21, 06:44 PM
So, is it too early to talk about next season?:p

Sure, we can talk about it. I was thinking Nov or Dec to start the next season? What does everyone else think?

Summer appears to be to slow for us to do anything. At least it was last year. If we had 20-30 people all winter, I would say we go ahead and run a summer series and we would probably get enough people, but since we only have a hand full, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I'm thinking about finding a place to run again next year that could attract more racers... it would have to be indoors, open on Sat or Sundays, cheap or free, have pit space and electric. I have a place or two in mind... I have to start forming a plan and making inquires.

pinoyboy
2008.04.21, 07:28 PM
Sure, we can talk about it. I was thinking Nov or Dec to start the next season? What does everyone else think?

Summer appears to be to slow for us to do anything. At least it was last year. If we had 20-30 people all winter, I would say we go ahead and run a summer series and we would probably get enough people, but since we only have a hand full, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I'm thinking about finding a place to run again next year that could attract more racers... it would have to be indoors, open on Sat or Sundays, cheap or free, have pit space and electric. I have a place or two in mind... I have to start forming a plan and making inquires.

I'd like the season to start a little bit earlier next year, so first Saturday of November?:confused:

Also, I remember we talked about a race before with the lights out or dimmed, so we'd have to put lights on the car or something. Maybe we can try that out:D

I'd also like to do a rotation of running the cars clockwise and counter clock wise. When I went to NC and SC to race, it was a little weird at first because they both ran counter clock wise:p

cosmicsoul
2008.04.23, 08:27 AM
Hey Hank,

I am sure Mike has already talked to you about our upcoming race on May 17. It will be free and we should have 5 plus wide L's setup at least any way. You can check out the details at http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28279

Jay