PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach area track

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

hrdrvr
2008.04.18, 11:15 AM
I just wanted to post this up so every one oculd see our track. Hopefully this will drum us up some new visitors. I know some one from this board visits our area for vacation :D

This is at a private office, but we welcome any small scale racers. We are currently running on wednesdays and fridays, but have been known to run on other nights/weekends as well.

Weve got a pretty cool track room set up with pit tables. We just recently upgraded to RCP, and have been running GiroZ for quite some time.

Here are some pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-03-24005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-03-24004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-03-24025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-03-24006.jpg

Here are a couple of the layouts weve run.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-03-07002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-04-02016.jpg

Right now we are running this one. We try and change the track every so often to keep our skills growing, and to keep the field more even.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-04-16168.jpg

If any one is interested in coming and visiting, just shoot me a PM and let me know when youll be in town!

Apie
2008.04.18, 12:13 PM
How many/which RCP kits do you use to get those layouts?

hrdrvr
2008.04.18, 01:00 PM
We have 3 wide 'L's, a 45* kit, and the inside radius turn kit. None of the above kits use all of the pieces. Ive got a box the size of the 45 kit, and a couple more pieces left over with the current layout.

DAMZer
2008.04.18, 11:08 PM
It's an all right set-up............if the track owners were a little less skilled it would be even better:rolleyes: JK

Seriously, you won't find a better environment and people to spend an afternoon with. Competitive but fair, plenty of bench racing, and dare I say it, the best club style set-up in the Carolinas. Did I say that it is air conditioned............definitely my favorite way to spend a Friday afternoon.......come on down ya'll, even youz guyz are welcome too.

Send your better halves shopping, there's a new mall down the road and plenty of activities since, after all it is Myrtle Beach.

hrdrvr
2008.04.21, 02:12 PM
It's an all right set-up............if the track owners were a little less skilled it would be even better:rolleyes:

I know thats a joke, cause we aint that good.....

Thanks for all the kind words. We enjoy it very much when you make it out. Your last visit was some of the best racing Ive ever been invovled in. The field gets tighter every week!

2EZ
2008.04.21, 03:15 PM
Thanks for seting up our own thread I also agree this is a great place to race and the group is a super bunch. I see everybody getting faster I only hope I can keep up.

DAMZer
2008.04.21, 09:57 PM
Well as gracious and humble as ya'll are, really the racing is on par with some of the best I've seen, understand, if all of us ran 10-12 hours a week in such an environment, the rest of us may catch up to you;)

Hey 2EZ, great last visit, props for the House of Blues concert with Boz, never thought I'd see him again.....

And for all the racers there at the shop, I've got new tires coming in to fine tune my front end, as well as another MR02 "Frankensteined" from the parts bin with an F1 board, a custom Mustang GTC and another short WB body just for kicks.......found them while digging for parts

2EZ
2008.04.22, 11:40 AM
DAMZer
Can't wait till ya get to come back yep that was a great weekend, Looking foward to the new car. I added a disk damper to one of my cars and was amazed at the change in handling. Car was good before but realy hooked up with the new disk damper. I like it so much I ordered more for other cars. I let Hrdver drive it and he wined that it pushed the only push I saw was me pushing him around the track!!!!

hrdrvr
2008.04.22, 12:17 PM
^ Lol

That car IS hooked up.

Be aware though, I ran a 94mm MM last night. :D I may finally have a fast consistant set up on the 2wd ;)

DAMZer
2008.04.22, 06:18 PM
Hrdvr, listen to your elders every once in awhile:D

2EZ, you don't need to run any smoother!!!! Ya'll are really making it hard for a part-timer to compete.

I think that we'll have to swap cars out next time I'm down. If you can get one to feel the way you want it to, then your confidence will inspire faster lap times. wish I had the time......

hrdrvr
2008.05.01, 09:05 AM
2EZ and I tried to switch cars. Its funny how fast we can run around the track with our own cars, but how slow it is running the other persons Lol. I couldnt even get his car to turn enough to make it around the sweepers, and he was banging the walls back and forth from all the steering. Here I though my car pushed some :p

Weve been getting into the NASCAR thing, so I switched up the layout again. I think we will leave it like this for a little while. Its a lot of fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-05-01.jpg

Tjay
2008.05.01, 01:36 PM
I wish I have one at my place! Very nice! The floor looks like it was leveled. Sooo clean man... I like :D!

hrdrvr
2008.05.01, 02:45 PM
It definatly makes this hobby fun! I can take a few minutes during lunch, or a few hours after work to work on a set up. I dont have to drive to the track after work on race nights, just clock out, and turn on my Tx :D

DAMZer
2008.05.01, 10:28 PM
And thus, I rest me case:p

color01
2008.05.02, 12:16 AM
It definatly makes this hobby fun! I can take a few minutes during lunch, or a few hours after work to work on a set up. I dont have to drive to the track after work on race nights, just clock out, and turn on my Tx :D
Sooo jealous, especially since you can access it even at lunchtime. :eek:

hrdrvr
2008.05.02, 08:17 AM
And thus, I rest me case:p

:cool:

Sooo jealous, especially since you can access it even at lunchtime. :eek:

The best are rain days. We are a construction company, so our jobs/yard gets shut down on rain days. Weve pulled a couple all dayers at the track on those days :p

2EZ
2008.05.02, 10:55 PM
Yes it's not fair to those of us that have to race him on Friday nights that extra track time does pay off. yet we still give him a run for his money.

DAMZer
2008.05.03, 09:05 PM
TWC says it's going to be a dry summer:p

2EZ
2008.07.28, 11:06 AM
Landon

Ya need to post the current photos of the track. We need some activity on this thread.:D:D

hrdrvr
2008.07.28, 11:21 AM
Good call T. Ive got a pic of the most up to date layout, but I cant remember he last time I shot a video :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-06-24008.jpg

Try and remind me to get some footage next time we run. :D

DAMZer
2008.07.28, 06:19 PM
Looks a lot different from my last visit. Tried to go by on the fourth but there was some issue, a "WAF" matter, I believe I used the term "PW" if I can remember...:D

DAMZer
2008.07.29, 08:25 PM
What about a Friday before Labor Day get together? I'm sure I can plan it out on my end if ya'll are game and if I don't have any flight delays coming back in on Thursday! T+L what do you think?

hrdrvr
2008.07.30, 08:00 AM
Ill check and see if pops will be in town that weekend. Im up for our regularly shceduled racing anytime (read: that friday) :D Its those off days that get me in trouble ;)

RCPMini-z
2008.07.31, 12:00 AM
Looks great guys. Very nice set up and room for the track.

hrdrvr
2008.07.31, 08:40 AM
What about a Friday before Labor Day get together? I'm sure I can plan it out on my end if ya'll are game and if I don't have any flight delays coming back in on Thursday! T+L what do you think?

My dad said he'll try and be here for that weekend. I dont know if anyone else will be around though. A lot of times lately its just been him, T and I. Summer isnt a good time to get these other guys to spend much RC time. The four of us can have some good racing though, Im sure :D

We never really had much in the way of rules, but the 3 of us have basically said we are going to keep stock motors in one LM car. Pretty much every one around here has a NASCAR with the stock motor, and F1 races are always close. Its been making for some interesting close racing between the 3 of us (and every one else in NASCAR).

Looks great guys. Very nice set up and room for the track.

Thanks John! My dad has put a lot of $$ into our little racing room, and I try to stay on top of up keep and getting tools, tables, and whatever else we feel we need in there. It really makes the hobby enloyable to have some where close, clean, and cool to race. Plus fixing up this room is just another fascet of the hobby my dad and I get to enjoy together.

2EZ
2008.07.31, 09:47 AM
DAMZer
Andy is fussing at me I gave Landon tires for the rear of the Lemans car and front tires for his NASCAR and made both cars faster He says we were all (Except Landon:D:D) better off when Landon was having trouble hooking up

I know Andy will get a tire order off as quick as possible.

The racing is real close all of us finnishing on the same lap or just one down I think it is because we put some restrictions on both the NASCAR and LeMans cars. It is more funn when we all run together in a group start to finnish.

2EZ
2008.07.31, 09:54 AM
RCP

You may not remember me but I bought one of the first Minni 96 tracks
I now have two and expansions for both. I talked Landon and his Dad into the track we have here they got tired of me telling them how much better it was running on RCP instead of the carpert. I think all agree I was right. Andy has set us up a nice place to race and we have great fun when we gather. Great group of guys here.:D:D

DAMZer
2008.08.01, 12:24 AM
RCP..........and I ordered one the next day after 2EZ, tried to keep up with the "Jones's"..........

Still the most predictable, uniform surface to run on.............

2EZ, I'm trying to work out my travel schedule to get me back in on Thursday evening so that I can come down to race with you guys. I'll give you a call this weekend.

hrdrvr
2008.08.07, 04:50 PM
^ I know you guys miss the old carpet track :D

Just for giggles I redid the track again. I really like it the way it is now. I kept it very similar, but swapped the near end so all the tech section is on one end, and the other side is a lot longer so we can build a little more speed.

I also squeezed in another tiles length :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/2008-08-05058.jpg

I ran a couple of laps last night to see how lap times were effected. It looks like they are going to be very similer. We'll see whenever I can get some one to come run with me :o

I did shoot a short video today of me running a couple practice laps with my new 2.4 converted F1 :D Its uploading to PB now. It wont be high quality (shot it with my digi cam), but Ill get it posted soon.

EDIT: the video!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/Videos/th_P8070002.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/Videos/?action=view&current=P8070002.flv)

herman
2008.08.12, 09:10 PM
I... just clock out, and turn on my Tx
i think that would be a great on a t-shirt...

pretty cool track

2EZ
2008.08.13, 12:53 PM
I am back in town ready to try the new setup hope to be there friday for sure. Got my
F1 set up 2.4GH now need the two boards i ordered for the other 02's Great idea for the new longer straight see ya soon.
Tan

yasuji
2008.08.18, 03:09 PM
Are You Guys Drivingthis Weekend???? Id Like To Come Down There And Drive With You Guyson Your Track.... Let Me Know...

hrdrvr
2008.08.18, 07:05 PM
Grant, A few of us try and run every week. Getting every one together during the summer is like pulling teeth though. We usually end up with 3 or 4 guys for most of the time, but every now and then a few more show up for a while.

We would still welcome you, if you dont mind running with just a few other cars :D

We are mostly still running in friday nights. My dad (one of the guys whos always here) is going to be out of town this week, but the following friday we are hoping to have an extra competitor (DAMZer *cough*cough* you better show up :D), and he will be back in town.

Again, you are welcome anytime, just let me know when youll be here.

DAMZer
2008.08.19, 07:37 PM
Flying back in on Thursday with plans to run Friday afternoon................:D

hrdrvr
2008.08.20, 09:18 AM
^ Soudns great. Tropical storm Fay has my dad holding off his trip. They are thinking about not going until saturday (which means he'll be here this friday Grant), but may keep them out of town til past next friday. Im trying to tell them they dont have to stay down there for 2 weeks, but IDK if he'll be here when you come J :o

mleemor60
2008.08.20, 09:42 AM
I'll let Grant know this morning that you are available this Friday in case he misses the post.

hrdrvr
2008.08.20, 10:05 AM
Cool, maybe you could explain to him that we arent as organized as you guys too, lol. I hope he still wants to come down. After looking at how well he did at y'alls track, I hope to get to race with him.

mleemor60
2008.08.20, 10:54 AM
I'll dig up your ph# and give it to him for details.

yasuji
2008.08.21, 10:13 AM
Cool, maybe you could explain to him that we arent as organized as you guys too, lol. I hope he still wants to come down. After looking at how well he did at y'alls track, I hope to get to race with him.

hey landon.... what time do you guys get started? and how late do you guys do you gys drive till
the plan is for me to leave out fri mrng and go straight to your track
i just need to know what time you guys will get started:D

hrdrvr
2008.08.21, 10:36 AM
We start at around 4pm when we get off of work. You are welcome to come as early as you want to though. It all depends on participation how long we run. Weve been staying til sometime between 7:30 and 8pm recently, but weve been known to loose track of time and be here til 9 as well :D

Im about to send you a PM with my contact information and location.

2EZ
2008.08.21, 11:17 AM
We ran last night just a few of us and were there till about 7:30 I plan to be there friday and look foward to the visit. Hope you understand we run a very lose ship no formal racing program as of yet. I hope that comes real soon.See ya there yasuji

John give me a call

DAMZer
2008.08.22, 05:10 PM
I'm looking forward to racing with ya'll next Friday!!

I've been tinkering with a couple of my chassis and hope 2 are worthy of the trial.

Oh and let Team Andy know if they go on the race circuit, I'll sponsor shirts and caps for the team; he'll have to get them printed/embroidered though.........:D

Have fun tonight!!!!!!!!!!

J

hrdrvr
2008.08.25, 08:34 AM
J - We look forward to racing with you too! Team Andy is driving back on friday, just so he can have the pleasure of racing with you :D

Grant - We had a great time running with you. Thanks for all of the knowledge you shared and help you offered/provided. You are a great racer an I look forward to running with you again sometime. Maybe someday Ill have a pan set up and race the same class :D My poor AWD suffered from trying to get up to your high speeds, but it was fun anyway! You didnt kill our track records too bad. I think I can get them back in my hands in due time ;)

You are welcome to visit us anytime. If you make it down i nthe winter, I can almost promise there would be more racers :D

yasuji
2008.08.25, 04:34 PM
J - We look forward to racing with you too! Team Andy is driving back on friday, just so he can have the pleasure of racing with you :D

Grant - We had a great time running with you. Thanks for all of the knowledge you shared and help you offered/provided. You are a great racer an I look forward to running with you again sometime. Maybe someday Ill have a pan set up and race the same class :D My poor AWD suffered from trying to get up to your high speeds, but it was fun anyway! You didnt kill our track records too bad. I think I can get them back in my hands in due time ;)

You are welcome to visit us anytime. If you make it down i nthe winter, I can almost promise there would be more racers :D

had a n awesome time @ your track this past friday!!! i think that if you make the changes that i recomended to the track the lap times will deff. come down
on a side note......you and your dad are deff.on your game.....im glad that i donot run in the calsses that your planning on running in the pnwc quallifier;)

hrdrvr
2008.08.26, 09:00 AM
You are too kind Grant ;) Hope to see you in PA, or atleast Vegas, if we make it, lol.

cosmicsoul
2008.08.26, 10:38 PM
Hey Landon,

Jay Vasquez here from NC. I will be in the area this Friday, wondering if you all will be racing. I just picked up an AWD hoping you could give me some advice. Anyway it would great if I could run with you guys!

Thanks,
Jay

hrdrvr
2008.08.27, 08:24 AM
Jay, you are more than welcome to come down and race with us. We start at 4, but you could get here as early as you want. Same goes for you John! Get down here and get some practice in, I dont want no 'scuses :D

Really though Jay, the track is behind our office, so you could get here any time for tuning and practice. It may be better for you to get here a little before 4 if you want talk AWD set up. Once the other guys are here, they ll be wanting to race, and so will I, lol. We will make some time either way.

Ive explained it a few times, but just so you know as well, we arent as organized as you guys are up at HSH. We run more of a run what you brung, when you are ready format.

Weve got pit space track side, so no need for power supplies or pit tables.

cosmicsoul
2008.08.27, 09:49 AM
Thanks,

Organized or not, I am sure you all have a good time. Thats what it is all about. I'll be getting to Myrtle Thursday so I should be able to make it around 2:30 or 3:00. By the way what is the address and phone#?

Thanks,

Jay :)

hrdrvr
2008.08.27, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah, we have fun, :D Im PMing the addy and my phone number to you.

hrdrvr
2008.08.29, 04:10 PM
Never heard from you today Jay. I hope you arent lost around MB :o We should be racing for next few hours so c'mon by if you want to!

cosmicsoul
2008.09.01, 11:19 PM
Had a great time running with you guys. It is always great to meet more Mini-z guys. Hope to see you all soon in the near future. Landon you all have a great facility there. Definately a cool spot to run, Good luck to you and your dad in PA. I hope you all give them a run for there money. I hope you are able to qualify for Las Vegas.:)

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.09.02, 10:16 AM
Thanks Jay! Ill need some luck up there :D

You were a joy to have here as well. You are welcome to come back anytime! We definitly need to set up another race day when you can bring some friends down with you :D

Thanks for taking some of your familiy time to come hang with us :D I hope it was well worht it.

DAMZer - It was good to have you back out too! See you again soon, I hope.

2EZ
2008.09.02, 11:20 AM
I too enjoyed your visit great to meet and drive with new mini z people come back soon.

cosmicsoul
2008.09.02, 08:44 PM
Hope you enjoy those batteries! I really liked your paint jobs. You, Landon and Dam-Zer are all great painters. Let me know if you ever want to come off that pancar body with the orange sides. Dam-zer I really like that Mclaren body if you ever want to part with it.

Jay

cosmicsoul
2008.09.02, 09:08 PM
Man I can't emphasize enough what great facility you have. I will definately be back, we are trying to maybe plan one more trip before the fall really sets in.

I think if you put together a small web site or something with some vids of the track and set up a race format with some basic rules, people would come. You could probably promote it at you local hobby shop. With as many cars as you and your crew has you could have loaners, rentals or sell race ready cars for that matter. I actually have a site I am working on called Irc28.com. If you want to post put some of your track info on there to promote your track I would be more than happy to let you at no charge.

The idea behind the site is to promote Mini-z racing in our area. I will be putting some information about my track, the Diablol Sandwich Run (nobody knows but I was one of the organizers as well) and Highspeed Hobbies up on it soon. I also plan to have links to this site and other cool sites(It is not intended to be a forum). It should be a good place for locals to get some basic information about the hobby before they get lost in the Mini-zracer black hole. I think this place may be a little much intially for those just getting started.

I would greatly appreciate any input you have on my thoughts. I know you are a creative writer and I would welcome any ideas regarding content if you are interested.

Jay Vasquez

mleemor60
2008.09.02, 10:24 PM
Jay didn't get nearly the credit he deserved for his efforts in the Diablo run. Neither did James

hrdrvr
2008.09.03, 02:55 PM
Jay, I really think promoting the scale is important for its growth, and I think it would be awesome if youd let me post (or if youd post for me) some info on your site. I tried to get locals interested in our track/club and Z racing, but nearly every one has laughed me off as if we are playing with toys and they actually racing cars...Im always like c'mon dude, even though yours cost as much as the car I drive to work, its still a toy, lol. Ours are just as competetive but telling that to some one who spends arms and legs to race in bigger scales is tough. We have a great racing community here in MB too, its just that they all want to race big vehicles off road. The ones that like on road would rather drive an hour to an hour and a half (Darlington/Florence) to race 10th instead of coming the 10-15 minutes it would take them to come here.

I have tried and tried at my LHS, but they just dont seem interested. I took Zs into their store over and over for a long time. Finally I got one employee interested and he got the owner interested. They bought an RCP track and have it at their store. Theyve had it for a couple months now, but its still sitting in the box under a work table in the back. It just goes to show how truely (un)motivated they are. Ive even said Ill go over there and set it up for them, but they shun me off then too (the owner anyway).

Lately I have been getting some interest. Ive handed out a few cards, and shown a lot of people my cars lately (they seem more interested in the ASF cars than the old AM cars). The only time I actually got a couple of guys to come by the track was when I took in my MRCG. I guess since its "larger scale based" it looks more like what they are used to seeing on the track. They looked at it as if it was a "real" race capable RC. I just know if they set up the RCP that people will get interested. I just wish they would do it soon, so I can recruit some new racers for our group, lol. Of course I will participate in whatever events they hold as well, if any at all.

Okay, off of the "local scene rant" and back to your site. :D I did a fairly big write up from my perspective of the Diablo on a private forum Im a member of. I would be happy to share it with you if youd like to post it as well. Ive also got tons of videos and pictures of our track layouts (past and present) that I would love to include with maybe a little description/write up like you suggest.

Also, Ive been kicking around throwing together a few basic articles about setting up/tuning AWDs, to help the more club/home type racer to have a fun easy car to drive. If thats the type of info you are looking for LMK, and Ill try and motivate myself to do it sooner.

Mike, how could those guys get any credit? You were hogging the spotlight, lol. Just kidding, you guys are all so humble and nice to each other. Our group is very similar, IMO, but it would be awesome if it were as big as y'alls, or if you guys were a little closer where we could do more frequent events together. Either way, we are all fortunate to have what we do, and none of us should complain about our situatuions :D

We definitly need to get together and do some group racing. We could host something small on a saturday, or get a small group to come up to HSH if they allow you to run on weekends. We dont have to wait until Diablo II is underway, just to get together. It is a busy time of year for events though :D We will make it happen someday!

DAMZer
2008.09.03, 07:37 PM
Hope you enjoy those batteries! I really liked your paint jobs. You, Landon and Dam-Zer are all great painters. Let me know if you ever want to come off that pancar body with the orange sides. Dam-zer I really like that Mclaren body if you ever want to part with it.

Jay

Well that McLaren was the last in my touring car series..........the most I've done since is a little job on a 360..........haven't sold any bodies since I did the Pug 206 Total rally cars.........but thanks, learned a lot from my bud 2EZ, he's the real Picasso

Enjoyed running with you, even if you were a touch faster:eek:, guess I'll have to run more than 4 times a year to keep up:o

Keep the faith, J

cosmicsoul
2008.09.05, 12:01 AM
I think you all will find it interesting that one of our guys, Pedro did 64 laps with a 2.4 70turn stock car in 8 minutes tonight. Against guys runnging speedy07's. The track record is 65 set by Grant with a Mod Car. I guess its true, go slower to go faster. He is such a clean driver he was using a KT-18 radio as well. Anyway just thought that was interesting. J for what it is worth there is a 12 or 11 year old kid that usually beats me by one or two laps 3 months ago it was by about 20. I found out his father has his throttle turned down to about 80 percent so I did the same. I now have my throttle up to 120 and he is still spanking me, go figure. Anyway,I better get to bed.:)

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.09.05, 08:30 AM
We always talk about that, but getting people to slow down their car is a whole 'nother story. You didnt get to race with him, but my dad is a prime example of this. He has the absolute slowest straight line speed of any of us that race. He runs stock motors (box or 70ts) with his throttle set down at 60-70% He consistantly is turning the second most laps, and most times the other guys are running much hotter cars.

2EZ was running an ATM stock in a car he recently changed over to 2.4. It really was too fast for him after adding the extra FETs. I dropped him an extra 70t I had, and his lap count went up, and his fast lap went down immediatly.

There is a lot to say for clean racing. A faster motor might gain you a few tenths on the straight, but you generally dont use all of your power in the infield. A slower smoother motor can aid you in hitting better lines in the infiled, and you can be faster by going slower. That teamed with the fact that you dont make as many 2.5 second mistakes (stops on the track kill!), as you do with a fast car. I used to run speedy motors, which made the change over to the 70t even mre beneficial. I turn more laps now, and make a lot less mistakes.

cosmicsoul
2008.09.15, 08:39 AM
Good job winning the B-main dude. So does that qualify you to run at the big race in Las Vegas? I wish I could have been there, I know the compition was tight one of our old guys Tommy Lane was there, I was hoping he would get a win. He was one of the fastest guys at our club. He is a great driver too! Looks like there where some good drivers out there! Hope you had fun! The Panthers beat there Bears at the game so that was exciting for me. I would have rather been at the race. I probably need alot more practice before I go to a big race though. Have a great day!

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.09.15, 09:40 AM
Jay, I got my butt kicked, lol. The competition level was very high. I wasnt up to par and had some other things holding me back a bit. The weight limit rules didnt play into my hands and I ended up having to add weights to all of my cars just to be legal, It through the handling (and my attitude) a little out of wack. That teamed wiht some bad luck on track, and some poor driving sent me to the back of the pack. It was cool winning a race, but the only other competitor was my dad, and I get to beat him on a regular basis :p I dont understand why we werent included in the a main as every other main had 8 drivers. We ran the B by ourselves then there were only 6 in the A.

A B-main win doesnt qualify you for Vegas, but I made the A in F1 due to lack of entrants. I also had a good chance of winning the thing (as did every one else on the track), but bad luck nabbed me again. The F1 series of qualifiers were some of the most fun Ive had running these cars to date. 2 of the 3 I was leading at the half way point, and all three of them I ended up 5th. Thats how close the competition was. I made one mistake and got hung in the wall for minute, the field passed me as they were only a couple turns away. In the other I got tangeld up with a lap car right at the end...same result, 4 cars passed me to send me home with a 5th :D The main was going my way for a bit. I wanted to avoid the big on at the beginning at all costs. It didnt happen until about 5 turns in, but every one was involved. I was the only one to sqeeze through (with some luck and patience) and ended up with a quarter lap lead. Since every one else was racing each other, and I was running in clean air I built up a half lap lead before they spread out and got into rythems. I was holding my half lap until about 2 minutes in when my car died on the track. A motor wire broke off from the vigorous action of the rear pod. The sodler held, but the strands of wires were all torn off, and I ended up with 9 laps and a DNF last place :(

Overall, I didnt do as well as I expected myslef too. The competition level was far above anything I could have ever imagined. Meeting all those guys made the trip worth it though, and Im really glad I went. I will reconsider going to Vegas though. Thats an expesive trip to go to a race where I cant epxect to do anything but try my best to not be the worst one there, lol.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.15, 09:57 AM
Hey hrdrvr!

Thanks for coming! You and your pops put on a great showing for this being your first major event!... and don't forget, you were cruising out towards the front in F1 until you were savaged by circumstance! I too felt the same way going to my first major events... the big question was always, "what the hell happened to me?". ;) I'm not sure why he didn't combine the class for the mains but I'm sure Phil has a standard method for determining that. Either way... was excellent to meet you and your family and I hope to race with you again someday soon! I know you had me sweating it in F1 for sure!

lfisminiz
2008.09.15, 01:45 PM
Good to meet you and POP.:) Had a good time running with you guys......and breakfast.;)

cosmicsoul
2008.09.15, 05:34 PM
Landon,

In stock 2wd did you notice anyones car considerably faster than yours and if so what could you account this to? Just wondering? Even though you didn't qualify could you still go to Vegas.

Jay

bermbuster
2008.09.15, 08:36 PM
Hey Landon,
It was great racing against you and your Dad and from my perspective you guys had a great time. The only downside I saw it was a little to hot for your daughter...I travel to races with my son and we have a great time as well....its like cake ....its all good and if we win its the icing on that cake....
We are looking forward to racing you guys again...Tell your Dad Ill bring my A game next time.....hehe

In stock to get your car faster you want to lighten all rotating components....
use the lightest wheels, lightest diff (titanium shaft and remove some diff balls) use super free spinning bearings (avid open seals w some teflon spray on them) or ceramics Use 64 p gears(53-12) too...make sure you have a free mesh w no binding and you will be fast....

DAMZer
2008.09.15, 09:58 PM
Hey, that is great for such a major event!!!!:cool:

Way back in the early days, the first K-Cup in Vegas, I think I bumped up from the D-main into the B-Main before I finally broke a stock front knuckle. I believe I finished in the low-mid teens overall, back to back to back racing for 3 heats.........:eek:

Keep running other races and keep competing with faster racers, you all have the skills!! And the best work/race environment to keep the edge

Congrats to you and Andy!!!!!!!!!!! Bet he's already got my last 2WD time beat:(

hrdrvr
2008.09.17, 03:10 PM
Ed, thanks for the confidence building words :D You and Phillip put on a great event up there. Im really glad I came and met every one. The friends I made, the lessons I learned, and the chance to see some of the elite guys race made the trip well worth it. Thanks again, and maybe you can make it down to one of the SE events some day. We will eventually meet up again Im sure wether it be here, there or somewhere in between. Im not going to make it to NCRCs event, but I do hope to make it to Nekocon. Maybe you and a couple of your guys will end up down there too.

Larry, It was awesome to meet you. My dad and I had a great time hanging with you around the track, and my dad especally enjoyed eating breakfast with you guys. Too bad I wasnt awake for those meetings :D I hope to get to race again with you some time as well. If I get my AWD more up to par, and my hands work like they are supposed to, I think I could have some fun chasing you around the track :D

Jay, My car wasnt really any slower than any one elses. On the straight I was on pace. My car was a little pushy, but I was on pace in the infield as well. My problem came with driving. Usually Im a very consistant driver, but a little behind the pace of every one else. This time it was different. I was just as fast, and could overtake anywhere I made a move (if the other drivers cooperated :D), but couldnt put clean laps together.

I got a little frustrated with the weight ruling. I still dont understand why I should have to add weight to my car, just to be legal. I havent removed any weight, and I dont do anything out of the ordinary, with the exception of not buying a lot of alloy (if you call that ordinary), but all of my cars were underweight. My 02 was a dime underweight (whatever that weighs) and my F1 and AWD were almost 10 grams apiece underweight. Its not fair that some one who buys a stock RTR kit has to add lead to their car just to compete legally :( My attitude got a little thrown by that, then little mistakes or trouble on the track got me down a bit. I just never could find a rythem, and my lap times and finish positions show it. I dont have any one to blame but myself though. If I were better at set up and drove to my abilities I would have been in the A for all three classes. How it turned out though, I wasnt, but thats racing, right? :D If I won every time that wouldnt be fun either :D

George, It was cool meeting you guys too! You should come down and visit us sometime. You would fall right in line with the regulars here, and mini berm would too :D

You have to watch lightening up your stock car too much apparently (for PN anyway). I would say everything you said was good advice to get your car faster, but apparently its good advice to get DQ'ed too. I guess you have to keep the rotating mass down, and add weight every where else.

J, You are right, Pops allready has your time beat :D Only by a couple of tenths though. Dont expect our track to be the same next time you come though. My dad and I both have a long way to come as far as being tuners, se we are now going to plan on changing the layout more frequently. That way our practice time for any given layout will be more in line with the others that dont show all the time, and we will get better at knowing what does what. We both have general ideas, but just not enough knowledge of all the options that are available. Stay tuned for some pics of the new layouts though. I plan to share everything we come up with here :D

lfisminiz
2008.09.17, 09:05 PM
Hey, good to see your back home. One thing i dont get is the weight.:confused: I was the opposite of you. All my cars were over weight. I dont really run all that much aluminum. My AWD was about 10 g over. Im doing the opposite of you. I got a scale comming and im going to lighten up my cars.;)

If you have any pictures/video, post it on the Pn east regional thread if you can.

LARRY

hrdrvr
2008.09.18, 09:21 AM
We are going to get a sclae too :o I still dont understand, but atleast I know for next time. I guess Ill be setting up my next PN cars a little differently. I cant complain too much as every one raced by the same rules, and they were posted long ago. When it comes down to it it was my own lack of preperation that cost me those grams.

My wife got some pictures of the event. She got a couple good track pics that Ill post, but most of the pics she took of the driver stand were of me and my dad and they didnt turn out so well. She got a couple with the three of us too, as we always seemed like we were close on the stand. If any turned out Ill be sure and post them :D

I got videos of almost all of the mains. I think I missed one of the 2wd Bs and the AWD B. I got the rest though. Ive just got to get them trimmed and posted.

Daddy Rabbit
2008.09.23, 12:58 PM
DAMZer & 2ez
Wish you guy's could have made up to the PN regionals.
It was great fun and we met a lot of wonderfull and talented people.
Hope to see you at the MB track in the near future.

Ed & Larry,
Again it was great meeting you guys and we had alot of good coversation at the track and at breakfast, guess we were the first ones up.
If you are ever near MB, please stop in and race with us.
I'm sure ya'll will be going to vegas, good luck.
Maybe we will see you in some east coast local events, keep us in the loop.

EMU
2008.09.23, 01:34 PM
I ordered about 6 scales. 2 are for other people. 4 for me, one for each wheel to work on distribution of weight to make sure that everything is balanced well.

My 015 was about 13g underweight. I had to add 2 quarters right before the qualifier I used it in. Really changed the handling characteristics.

It is better to be underweight than overweight going into an event. You then can use the added weight to your advantage in where you choose to place it.

It was great racing with you Landon, I think we were only on the track together in practice, but your cars looked good. Just needed a few tweaks. I felt that 98mm cars ran better on that track, not many tight corners and the grip was so high that it made the advantages of the 94mm setup a disadvantage.

If I ever go down south, Ill make sure to check out this track for some good fun.

Cant wait to see the videos.

hrdrvr
2008.09.23, 02:01 PM
EMU - Ive got four small scales on the way ;) We didnt get to race much, as I think the only class we shared was stock 2wd, and I was down in the middle of the pack. I wish I was racing up to my full potential as we could have run some together. It was fun watching the A mains though :D

I set up a 98mm car last night, just so Ill be prepped for those conditions next time. I just couldnt handle all the extra grip. If I keep getting to more and more events though, Ill be ready for next year :D

Daddy Rabbit
2008.09.23, 02:05 PM
George,
Thanks for the help at regionals and it was nice meeting you and mini berm.
If you are ever in the MB area please stop by and race with us, that can happen most any night.
Also keep in mind the NekoCon event in Va., around Nov 7th, hopefully there will be more info out in the near future.
Good luck and if we do not see you and your son in the near future, have a nice winter and stay warm up there.

EMU
2008.09.24, 12:14 AM
That was the most grip that I have ever experienced. When I started racing it was on the foam anti fatigue mats that are similar to the smooth side of RCP. http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_z_j2.avi a quick video of after racing fun at the original HKS Hobby about 4 years ago where I started ;) Note, the kid in the video was the winner of the C main at the PN race :p

I had to go to some very worn k-20d slicks on the second day, as well as go from a red spring to a purple. And my car still traction rolled at the hairpin on the first lap. The car pushes at my local track now... Not terribly, but very noticeable. I like steering, I dont usually drive my cars full lock, I steer as much as I need to in order to make the turn. I used to drive full lock, but it was too slow as there was much more scrub.

I ordered a Hudy tire truer, to make my front tires lower profile and flat. I prefer how they run better that way. Its big coin, but I dont think I am going to be getting much more new stuff besides the normal tires and nick nack here and there. I just got the 2.4 015 chassis that I am going to start working on for the worlds or the Canada regional if I can go.

Going into the PN race, I had a 94mm, 3x98mm and a 102mm MR02's set up ready to go. One 98mm shut down on me in the first mod heat, which I decided not to spend time on and use a different one since I was working on the MRCG. Turned out to be a loose connection to the batt terminal. It was a frankenstein 2.4, using my first MR02 chassis that I ever bought. It also has stripped screw holes everywhere, but was my best handling MR02, even with all the glue to hold the screws in.

Another one I blew the fets right off the board for Pan car after I decided to put the MRCG to rest, I had been struggling with the steering fix that I had done and I realized it wasnt working. Ed tried to fix it, but its Resting In Pieces. I ordered a replacement board for it since my local track doesnt have it in stock.

I allways like to go to a big event prepared, a few cars to feel what setup works the best, and tweak from there. One car isnt necessarily going to be the best on every layout, or even the same layout on different tracks. If it were low grip, I would have been driving 94mm.

I definitely dont think that I was racing my full potential. I had a LOT of unforced errors, especially in the A main. I think I slept about 2 hours from Friday-Sunday, with about an average of 4 hours a night for the week going into the race trying to get the MRCG set up. In a way the lack of sleep actually helped, since I was running on adrenaline the entire time, I didnt get jitters during the main where I normally would have and made it much harder to control the car. I just felt my body start to shut down a bit, and reaction time was slower.

I think you are a good driver, but I am pretty sure you werent expecting as much from the other drivers. The Action crew is one of the most competetive tracks in the North East. There were a few other top level racers that didnt make the race. DaveyG, Roland Shao, Johnathan and Phil. All of which would have made the A main if not possibly won. Johnathan and Phil are 16/17 and have won more championships than I have, I am more of a setup artist, they are more natural drivers. I can make my cars go fast, but Im not as consistant as I should be.

If you ever head up to NYC anytime, be sure to drop by Action RC on a Sat. evening, NYC on Friday nights are allways fun... unless your staying home getting your cars ready for Saturday night racing :eek:

hrdrvr
2008.09.24, 08:33 AM
I still set my cars up for full lock steering. I guess its my noobishness :D Im going to work on driving set ups with more steering in them so I can overcome these situations in the future though.

I definitly wasnt expecting as much from the other drivers as I saw. I do think I could have run better with the stock guys. I dont know that I should have been in the A, but I should have finished in the top of the B....or atleast closer to the top.

In AWD I was totally off, and I had WAY too much traction. I stiffened up the car, and ran ASC tires, but I was still traction rolling and couldnt push the car. I like AWD cause I can usually drive it hard and still have control. It wasnt the case up there. The extra traction just threw me a curve I couldnt hit.

I guess it was the same in 2wd. I had a car I could drive....I just couldnt drive it hard enough to make up time. I never could get the front to have as much grip as the rear in any sort of balanced set up. I opted for the easy to drive pushy car, which was definitly the way for me to go, as I didnt have the discipline to drive a demanding car. Had I been more up to par, I think I could have made a few more laps with a more aggressive set up. I just wasnt where I needed to be that weekend.

I guess all I can do is get ready for the race at Nekocon, and then take it from there :D

hrdrvr
2008.10.02, 01:02 PM
Weve got a new layout!! Its faster than most of the other ones Ive put together, and it is fun!

There are only a couple spots to pass (easily/clean) as usual so racing has been pretty tight the last few race nights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/PA020100.jpg

2EZ - I know you dont like it, but you need to get that AWD out more often. You were more competetive with it last night than Ive seen you in a while. I know we didnt time anything, but you were right on pace with my dad and I. At a couple of points you were a bit faster than I was. You are hard to pass in that thing, and I think with a little fine tuning (when was the last time you drove it? :D) you could be winning some races with it.

Last night was a lot of fun. Hopefully we will have a good solid night friday. It will be my last race until after the recovery from my operation :( Hopefully Ill be back in action within a couple of weeks.

2EZ
2008.10.02, 02:21 PM
Yep the all wheel drive was flying last night I do plan to get it out more often I ran the 70 wind in the Enzo for a while also and it was real smooth just not fast. The NASCARs were a blast we always enjoy them why don't we get them out more often?? see ya friday!!!

hrdrvr
2008.10.02, 03:48 PM
I know you thought the 70t was slow. I think youll like it a lot better when you arent trying to run it against speedys and Xspeeds. Between my dads two 70t (1 AWD and 1 MR) cars and my two 70t cars, there is only a small margin of difference between our fast laps and means for all of them. I think the 70t really evened out the playing field between him and I (and between AWD and 2wd). Maybe itll bring us all closer :D

We definitly should run NASCAR every night the track is condusive. Some one just has to speak and say "Hey lets get 'em out!" We need to try and run F1 more too ;)

2EZ
2008.10.03, 10:29 AM
I still have the 70 in the Enzo and will give it a chance looking foward to when it is all 70's on the track.

DAMZer
2008.10.10, 10:11 PM
Hey hrdrvr, how you doing? Hope all went well. JR

hrdrvr
2008.10.11, 06:06 PM
J - Im doing very well all things considered. The doctor gave me good insight as to what the pain would be like, so I was well prepared mentally. Sarah says I look liko I got hit in the crotch with a baseball bat, and I feel like Ive taken a pretty good kickin'. So, the fact that Im able to be up and around at all is good in my eyes. I even got Daddy Rabbit to pick me up and take me over to the track today for a few laps :D Ill be back in action for racing next week and may even be at work by weeks end.

We had the floor carpeted while I was out and have rearranged the room for better standing room around the track. It also seems like the grip came up by getting it up off the cool concrete we had been running on for the past few weeks.

Oh and J, you may want to get you an AWD :D Weve got a new contender you may not want dominating a class you arent racing in. The T man stole a second from my dad the last night I raced. He followed it up with a clean, picture perfect run to take the victory in our last race of the night. We were running mod AWDs, and he was the most consistnt of all of us.

T - Im coming for you with the green vette next week! :D Ive got some new things Ive done to it that I think will keep me out in front. We shall see though.....we shall see....

2EZ
2008.10.12, 07:19 PM
Well come on I have made no changes and if the track now has more grip then I might even be faster. I plan to pull the AWD out when you guys do don't want you pushing my 2wheel around when you make that now famous "Landon Lean" to pass!!!
Glad ya doing well see ya soon!

Daddy Rabbit
2008.10.13, 02:54 PM
2EZ & DAMZer,
LT and I went back over to the track yesterday again, you know I have to take every advantage while he may not be up to par. Seriously he is recupperating very well, you can't beat that youth vactor.

J you and the T man should think about coming up for NekoCon, it looks like that some of the guys at regionals are going to be there along with some guys from NC. I think it's going to be a good turn out.

LT thinks he is going to make it Wed and I will there after jury duty, i look foward to when ever you guys get back and by the way J, there is a new track layout and new personal times on the board ha ha.

DAMZer
2008.10.19, 06:04 PM
Wish I could get up there more often, but I'm traveling out of the country ever 2 weeks now...........should let up as we approach the holidays, my fingers are crossed.

As long as the times you post are with the 2WD, I might stand a chance, can't touch you with your 4WD. I have ZERO confidence with that chassis. Strange, but that's what I run in 1/10th. Guess it's like any other class, got to spend lots of time running and tweaking to get it right. Track time is what I don't have a lot of anymore.

Good Luck at the NekoCon:D

hrdrvr
2008.10.30, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the wishes of luck at NekoCon J!

Just an update, we recently drew in a few new racers. One of the guys works at the LHS, and another runs 1/8th scale buggies, and had a history of running on road up in MD. The latter of the two also has two sons who ran VERY strong in their first race night. He also has quite a few 1/8 scale buddies he has been introducing to MiniZ. Our group has taken off recently, and it looks like we will be able to compete in the HFAY events as well as jumping into next seasons point series. MiniZ has never been this exciting at the beach :D

BTW, to all interested parties we will be running in the december "big track" HFAY event. Get your stock motors out, or shoot Brian at saltlakeminiZ an order for a couple of HFAY spec motors. Here is the thread with details and the posted layout.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29757

kromie101
2008.10.30, 06:14 PM
there's a new team in town. TEAM WEAVER.

eric
collin
griffin :D

the trains aaaa comin,so ya better get off the tracks.:eek::)LOL

man i had an awesome time last night.

for those who have never been here, it is a top notch place to race:cool:. i've only been twice and i feel like i've raced their for ever. first class group of guys.if ya come down for vacation or live here ya gotta come check it out:cool:.

btw,landon ya better gear that LM up for next week:p.LOL talk to ya soon.

hrdrvr
2008.10.31, 09:38 AM
TEAM WEAVER is definitly the new force in MB :D Im glad you found us and I look forward to many more nights of fun competetive racing with you, your boys, and hopefully some more of your racing friends :D

I neeeed to do something with the LM car. I may have to do some stock motor swapping and find one that has enough speed to hang with you :D Otherwise Ill just pray you constantly get stuck in traffic, lol. I guess the true test will be when you get your own, and weve got Collin on the track with us too :D Its going to make for interesting races.

Im all excited about next wednesday now. I wish we were running tonight. I may have to run some practice laps with Daddy Rabbit. :eek:

Next week will be fun. Im going to get one of my AM cars suited up so Todd and/or his son will have something to run. If he falls in line with your sons, we will have a very strong group to run with. I may end up back as a B main driver, lol.

kromie101
2008.10.31, 02:21 PM
hopefully i get my stuff tomorrow cause it did'nt come in the mail today:(.i about tackled the mail lady out of her truck:eek:. i told todd i would bring the boy's car's with me next wed also so they could play.:)

yeah o'll daddy rabbit and me were mixin it up behind you one race.we traded places a bunch of times:cool:. i wanna get a frieght train going around the track.

man i'll tell ya i had a blast last wed.i feel like a crack head,need to get my RC fix every week:eek:LOL

landon,have you ever tried breaking in a stock motor ?like out of the car. just wondering if it helps in the long run. 1/10 it was well worth it. and did you say they make an awd chassie with 2.4?

cya soon

hrdrvr
2008.10.31, 02:49 PM
Todd will probably have a better experience with 2.4 then he will with AM since he is used to running quality cars. Ill still get one ready in case he wants to try something other than an LM car.

TinyRc is usually quick with the shipping. I would almost guarantee you would get it tommorrow, but definitly no later than monday.

There is an AWD chassis kit. Its Kyosho part - 30560ASF-B. They have them in stock here at the MZR shop.
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19369&cat=395&page=1

Also, Shane let me know today that James is willing to order Kyosho stuff for us at 843. He said as long as its over $100 he would get it within 4-5 days. That chassis kit usually comes with K 20 rears and 30 fronts, so your tires will be set out of the box. You will need a body to run on it though. Ive tried quite a few and like the vette and the F360 GPC version. A lot guys run the GT350Z on their AWDs too. Just make sure you get a 90 or 94mm body. If you get a 98mm, then youll need an extension kit and longer gears to go along with it.

Oh yeah, I used to break in motors religiously. Then, I got to where I would just lube them up real well and run them half throttle for a while in the car (but with no pinion gear). One of the guys at our track said he noticed a huge difference by doing the water break in (same method I used) but I didnt notice any difference between the real method and mine.

When I went up to the event in PA, there were guys there breaking in their hand out stock motors on machines and others with water. I did my usual thing, and my motors seemed to be just as fast as every one elses. Im convinced now that what Im doing is good enough for me :D

kromie101
2008.10.31, 03:36 PM
yeah i did the water trick also. maybe i'll run it like the boy's car's,no bushing oil till the motor starts to squel:o.

i do wanna get an awd but i need to get atleast get 3 transponders for me and the boy's before anything else. can i still use one wed? i'll probably order them next week.

xmas is coming up;).you can bet i'll have some stuff under the tree:D.i'm worse than a kids:eek:.i wanna get the second exspansion kit for my track so me and the boy's can practice.

maybe i'll have a mini-z party. you can bring the family over and the wives can do there thing and me you and the boy's can race all night long:D.two beer qualifiers, 5 beer main:eek:.the boys can get jacked up on mountain dew:D.

cya out their tomorrow if you guys show up. maybe you can get ya some wheel time with a 1/8 buggy;).

hrdrvr
2008.10.31, 03:49 PM
Somebody needs to get some comm drops and bushing oil for around the track. :D I just made an order the other day but I didnt see any in stock at the place I ordered.

If you guys get the expansion kit we better definitly look out. You guys were good enough without any previous practice. Ill be hitting up the track every day again just to keep up :eek:

Ill have a transponder for you as long as the guys I robbed them from dont show up :D

A miniZ party sounds fun. I may have to pass on the beer qualifiers though. I drank myself silly a little while back and have been watching myself closely ever since. I havent gotten into trouble any more, and I can get a good buzz off of just 3 beers, so its all for the better, lol.

I would love to run an 1/8th scale buggy one day (Ive never even driven a nitro RC). I dont know that saturday during one of yalls race days will be the time or place though. Im going to definitly stop by the track. My father in law is coming into town, so I wont be able to spend all day out there (maybe I can get him to come?!?), but I will atleast get by and see a couple of Q rounds.

See ya tommorrow.

DAMZer
2008.11.01, 05:52 PM
Wish I could get up there....................

My 92 year old mom has been having some issues and I've been either out of town or out of country for a while............

Yall need to come down to darlington when we run the oval, next saturday and the saturday before thanksgiving will be last official races of the season.....

http://banditsracewaypark.ning.com/forum/topics/2231814:Topic:2746

hrdrvr
2008.11.01, 06:04 PM
I would like to get out to one of your races, but my little girl is getting all of my weekend time these days :D Ive got in-laws in town this week, and was lucky enough to sneak out to catch a couple of qualifying runs at the Badlands (1/8th nitro buggies) here in town. It was cool to watch, but I cant see myself getting into that too heavily. It would likely be the same wiht your oval racing. Im just spoiled with having a track right behind the office. It makes racing so easy and trouble free. I also prefer road course racing to all other forms, so I get to experience it first hand with the Zs.

Im going to try and get some vids taken next wednesday. Im going out of town thursday or friday to run the NekoCon event in VA, so I dont know when Ill have time to get them posted.

kromie101
2008.11.02, 08:48 PM
how long is the ride to VA? i should change up and go with you guys:D.

2EZ
2008.11.03, 01:33 AM
Hay guys i plann to be there wensday Been busy out of town for work but back now. see ya soon.

hrdrvr
2008.11.03, 08:37 AM
how long is the ride to VA? i should change up and go with you guys:D.

Its about 5 hours, or maybe a tad less from out where you are. How close are you to 95? Its right about 4 hours or so from the border, Id guess. My dad has made the trip more recenntly than I have. Maybe he'll chime in and throw you an estimate from there.

Hay guys i plann to be there wensday Been busy out of town for work but back now. see ya soon.

See you wednesday. Eric showed off one of his new Zs at the track on saturday, and it seems like there are quite a few more people interested. We may have a big crowd! Last wednesday we had two new guys checking it out too. One of them says he'll be here wednesday with his 10 year old son.

Im all giddy like a little kid over MiniZ again!

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.03, 11:47 AM
Eric
It is about 4.75 hrs from Chadbourn to the Hampton coliseum
It would be great to see you guys there
I heard LT talking to you about actual race times, he must have seen something I have not
Good luck on coming up and i will see you wed

mleemor60
2008.11.03, 12:04 PM
Andy,

I got a schedule up on friday. It is a narrative form due to the other going on that havr to be melded into our event.

hrdrvr
2008.11.03, 12:29 PM
I broke down the narrative form a little so my old man can understand it better, lol. This is the schedule Mike posted in the other thread Pops.

At !:00 the whole track opens for Pro practice for one hour.

Then it will go back to the AM's for an hour Then back to the Pro's. We will work back and forth between groups until 5:00.

There will be a dinner break and at 6:00 we will start Pro qualifying and run two complete rounds. Time allowing we will run a third round then secure for the evening

On Sunday morning we will start at 9:00 with a 30 minute final practice then hand out the Amatuer awards and start the Pro mains. Hopefully this will be by 10:00.

We are hoping for 3 mains in each group with 10 minute mains.That's 90 minutes a round plus the time between races and rounds that puts us completed at nearly 3:00 without a lunch break.

Eric, I misinformed you a bit. It looks like practice will be hectic on saturday AM, but Q rounds start a little later than I orignally said. You should have plenty of time to drive up sat morning :D If you are going to try and run it, youll want to get you some tires ordered tonigt with a rush delivery. I can help you out on wheels, but Im allready bummin from pops ion the tires. I dont think weve got enough to go around. I can get you a list of what I think would be good ones to take with you.

mleemor60
2008.11.03, 02:38 PM
Landon,

If he need's PN 8's or 6's I have plenty on hand and can bring them. Rear only though I don't run anything softer than a K30 front.

kromie101
2008.11.03, 05:38 PM
your killing me man:). it's so tempting. i think they're calling for rain on sat for the off road race :(.i'll call ya in a little bit.

hjsmith00843
2008.11.08, 03:03 PM
i am new to mini-z's. I have a mr-02 lm. Can I run it at this track? Any info would be great as well.

kromie101
2008.11.09, 06:55 AM
yes you can.me and my sons run 3 of the mr-02 LM style cars and there are about 3 to 4 guys that run them.

landon is the guy that runs the race and he is at a big race right now out of town.he can answer anthing you need by tomorrow.

are you local?

hjsmith00843
2008.11.10, 12:06 AM
Yes I am local. I still have to buy a motor. What do you reccomend. I will be running a Am system. I bought a roller and bulding it up. I live in Conway.

hrdrvr
2008.11.10, 08:55 AM
Hello hjsmith00843.

Let me start by saying welcome to the hobby and to minizracer.com!

You can definitly run your LM car at our track. That body/configuration can be run in stock mod or LM class.

We made an LM class so folks could buy into an RTR and have a class set to race in without buying many hop-ups. Its turned into one of our most followed classes. In this class you have to run the standard LM wheels and tires (you can upgrade to Kyoshos line of LM tires), and run either the box stock motor or the PN70t motor. You can run any similar brand stock motor (Iwaiver, Xmod, etc.) but most of us are sticking with the Kyosho stock right now.

In stock class you could run whatever wheels and tires you want, but you would still be limited to the stock motors, or the PN70t.

Mod class is any other motor. All of our classes allow any suspension upgrades, and grade of tires, but they have to be rubber, and without traction compound.

Come see us and race on most wednesdays and fridays. Just drop me a PM and Ill send you my contact information so we can get in touch, and I can give you directions and a time.

hjsmith00843
2008.11.10, 04:11 PM
as soon as it is finished I will be running with you guys. That looks like a great track to race on. Will I need to get anything else. Like a transponder?

Anyone ever run rc18t's there with foams? That would be cool there.

hrdrvr
2008.11.10, 08:15 PM
Ill drop you a PM about what youll need to run.

The rc18 may be a little big. You can try int out, but the next layout is going to be even tighter :D

kromie101
2008.11.11, 01:26 PM
are you gonna have the new layout put together for tomorrow? you better make easy enough for you to drive on:p.:). mr mini-z cleaning up at the big race:D. sounds like you guys did real good up north.

good job daddy rabbit on your wins also. i'm sure you were holding back so landon could have a good day;):) lol.

now i wanna run F1 but they need to make it 2.4 so i can use my radio.

should see you guys tomorrow:cool:.

cya eric

hrdrvr
2008.11.11, 03:04 PM
What are you doing at home? lol

I just texted you a pic of the new layout. ;) Cya tommorrow.

kromie101
2008.11.11, 05:45 PM
it's on like donkey kong:D.

hrdrvr
2008.11.12, 10:52 AM
I know its short notice, but we are going to do some saturday afternoon racing on the 29th. Our plan is to open the doors between 10 and 11 for practice and get started on some qualifiers and heats by 1pm. We should be able to get in a good day of racing and have time for you guys a few hours away to make the run home.

There will be a $10 race fee. This covers all classes if you choose to run them all. We will have pit space and power for every one attending. We have a huge concrete area and you are welcome to bring larger RCs (and flying type) if you care to show them off or open them up.

There will be three classes.

Formula 1:
Kyosho F1 chassis
Kyosho F1 body
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) wheels. They have to be stock size and excpet stock tires
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) tires. Any rubber tires, no traction comound
Electronics and motors have no limitations
4xAAA batteries, no lithium

Mod Class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any 1/28th scale body
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
Pan bodies as well as lexan are excepted

Stock class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any ASC body (inlcuding LM type), No pan shells, no lexan
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
Electronics have no limitations
Box stock (Kyosho, xmod, Iwaiver) motor, or PN70t (HFAY and PN handout are excepted) motor

AWD and MR02 classes can be divided if we have enough participation with both. Ill have layout that is condusive to both chassis to try and keep the playing field even for those who dont have both.

We will run three 5 minute qualifiers and 8 minute mains. There will be bump ups. We will determine how many in each class based on participation.

Sign in will be done at the track by 12pm. It would be appreciated if you posted that you are coming. The more we can expect, the better the day will go.

Just so its clear to those who havent been to our place. It is at a business location, but we have clean restrooms, heat and AC, and covered outdoor pit space.

Our group has been growing lately, and we welcome any one of any age or any skill level! Please come out to the beach for a fun run!

John, make your plans to come on down! Jay, I hope you are reading this ;) Ill have a post up in the events forum for questions about the event. If any of ou local guys have reccomendations or want to volunterr to help, LMK here or talk to me at the track :D

cosmicsoul
2008.11.13, 09:53 AM
I need to figure out something for the wife and kids to do while racing. I could send them to the outlets might be fun for them. How long will we be running. I don't think I can make another race with out bringing them along. Well I have a couple weeks to make a plan anyway! Talk to you soon. Earl won't be able to make it his kids have a speed skate meet.

Jay:)

hrdrvr
2008.11.13, 10:04 AM
There is plenty for the wife kids to do in Myrtle Beach. The biggest mall around is like 3 minutes from our track, and the outlet shops are only about 10 minutes. Its real easy to get to both of them too. Also my wife and kid will be hanging out at the track all day. Yours are welcome to hang with us too.

I honestly dont know hoe long tha racing will last. If we have a big group and a couple heats for each class, Ill probably just do 2 5 minute qualifiers and 8 minute mains. If a class gets dropped due to lack of participation, or there arent too many attendess, Ill do 3 qualifiers. The goal though, is to be done in time that you can drive home that night if you want to. It would make for a long day, but it is possible to make it all in one day.

hrdrvr
2008.11.14, 07:59 AM
In the interest of some of our local racers (kromie, lol), and to support the new guys just getting in, I have decided to possibly add a class to the mix.

This class will be a LeMans spec. It will only happen if we have enough people to fill it and stock, as the classes overlap a bit.

LeMans Spec Class:
2wd MiniZ chassis (MR01, 015, or 02)
Kyosho LM ASC (102mm)
Kyosho LM style wheels (the ones that match the body!)
Kyosho LM tires only! They can be any grade, but must be LM specific.
Electronics have no limitations
Kyosho box stock motor only!

If we can have 6 or more in each class (not going to be a problem for stock) then I will run both classes. If not the LeMans class will be included in stock.

I must say though, LeMans class races have brought us our closest finishes and tightest battles of any class recently. Ill run both stock and LM to help fill the class, and with the few locals who are interested, we really just need a few more to commit :D

hrdrvr
2008.11.14, 11:46 PM
I had a great night of racing tonight. Hanna pulled it out in the end for the victory in the A. Big ups to little Hanna with the bump up from the B! The competition level is on the rise, and I like it :D I cant wait 'til wednesday!

Here is the video from this past wednesdays main for those of y'all that didnt see it. It was a great battle for first (Eric and I) and a great battle for third (Shane and Andre) all the way to the end. When it was all said and done every one finished in their qualifying positions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk1nC0EgfU

kromie101
2008.11.15, 02:07 PM
ditto that,it was flippin awesome last night:cool: LEMANS class is the bomb:eek:.everybody is so close with speed it just takes some good driving skills to stay out front;).

landon,we're even up going in to wednesday:D.who is gonna be victorious at the end of the night?

alot of tight racing with all the new peeps,i can't stop smiling.

cya

kromie101
2008.11.15, 02:12 PM
tanny and daddy rabbit,sorry if my boys left some battle scars on your car:(. that goes for me also:).i gotta get griffin some more practice on the track.he'll come around;).

kromie101
2008.11.15, 02:20 PM
landon,are you sure if i order a transponder from atomicmods it will come like yours? i don't wont the extra pig tail on it.

mleemor60
2008.11.15, 02:47 PM
Landon,

I forgot to mention it while I had you on the phone but High Speed has at least 1 LM specific dif in stock and the optional Kyosho LM 20 & 30 front tires. The ones that are made for the LM wheels. Let me know.

hrdrvr
2008.11.15, 04:54 PM
kromie, All the new transponders are the same. They all come with the plug direct soldered now. Add number 6 to our list of used frequencies. Also, LMK which ones you get so I can add them to the list. Ill be ordering a fgew back-ups for the race, so I dotn want them to double up on your number.

mleemor, I dont need any of those things right now. Ill check around with hte guys who dont visit the forum and see if any of them need anything. Do you know if they have the 20 rear LM tires? I know one guy in the market for a set of them and the 30 fronts, but one is pretty worthless without the other :D

kromie101
2008.11.15, 05:52 PM
dude, i just put on those black racing wheels and the real thin tires on the LM,OMG LOL:eek:. man that thing had mad corner speed.i ran it on my track upstairs and i could put that thing were ever i wanted.i did have to take off the spur gear gaurd so it would not rub:(.i think i could get a qualifier before they wore out.they are real low.

i just wish i knew what tires they are:(.i'll just bring cash wed for some new ones:D. i need to get on the clock and see if i can go any faster with it like that for stock class.

is it wed yet????????????????????:eek::eek::eek:

mleemor60
2008.11.15, 07:02 PM
kromie, All the new transponders are the same. They all come with the plug direct soldered now. Add number 6 to our list of used frequencies. Also, LMK which ones you get so I can add them to the list. Ill be ordering a fgew back-ups for the race, so I dotn want them to double up on your number.

mleemor, I dont need any of those things right now. Ill check around with hte guys who dont visit the forum and see if any of them need anything. Do you know if they have the 20 rear LM tires? I know one guy in the market for a set of them and the 30 fronts, but one is pretty worthless without the other :D

All the LM tires he has are fronts but there may be time to get them in before we come down. I work on it

cosmicsoul
2008.11.15, 08:28 PM
Do you have extra transponders and adapters. I will gladly purchase if you have some available or I can order some if so which transponder #should I purchase?

Jay Vasquez

kromie101
2008.11.15, 08:32 PM
yo homie, the pistons are done. all we need now are the mounts to put them on:).

mleemor60
2008.11.15, 09:35 PM
Do you have extra transponders and adapters. I will gladly purchase if you have some available or I can order some if so which transponder #should I purchase?

Jay Vasquez

Jay, I'm ordering the harnesses for the transponders. I should have enough. I tried to reach you earlier by phone with a hotel deal on the water. If you get this before bed time call me and I'll pass it on. Call the house not the cell. The deal ends today.

hrdrvr
2008.11.15, 10:55 PM
Jay, All youll need is one of these for each car. Ill have some loaner transponders for those that dont have them.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281

E, That sounds great about the tires and pistons! IDK that I have any tires I can let go, but I can let you try some out so youll know what to buy :D If you make an order PN6s, 8s, and 10s for the rear and 8s, 10s and 15s for the front. With that assortment you can dial in any characteristics you want on our track.

kromie101
2008.11.16, 08:50 AM
i just wanna try a few and see what works best and i'll stock up.i'll be their wed but friday we are gonna be heading to wilson for the series race.only reason i'm really going is we have family up their. i am taking off the week after so if you need help on setting up for the big race i'm their.maybe we can finish the pistons:). later

hrdrvr
2008.11.16, 09:26 AM
Thats cool. Ill let you try a few different things. We can get you somethiung thats hooked up Im sure.

Do you think KB and the rest of the gang is heading up to NC too? I guess it may end up being just Tan, Shane, and I. My pops will be in FL through the weekend.

What size base do the pistons need? Would it look ok if they are painted black, or should we stain them?

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.16, 04:00 PM
Eric
No problem with the war scars, I have left quite a few myself.
We really enjoy having you and the boys there, I don't think G is as far from being a top notch racer as you think.
It's looks we will not see you until the Wed before Thanksgiving.

Mike
It's great to hear that you and Jay are coming down for the Turkey Race.
You said something earlier about a LM diff? Is that an adjustable ball diff?
If it is and it is still around I'll buy it.

I am going to be selling hamburgers and hot dogs off the grill, the day of the race, to raise money for the track (club). Participation has really taken off; we are getting interest from a lot of nice people and their kids.

mleemor60
2008.11.16, 04:49 PM
Andy, it's a ball dif specifically for the LM chassis set up. If you want it it's on the way.

kromie101
2008.11.16, 06:15 PM
i will be their this wed for some more tight racing. i talked to landon this morning and i'm tring to get a stock car ready for the turkey bash.i think i just made atomicmods mortgage payment for them:eek::D.

cosmicsoul
2008.11.16, 08:12 PM
So does box stock mean box stock can you run a motor pod, disk dampner and ball diff with a stock motor?

Jay

Because of religious reasons I am not allowed to eat hot dogs or hamburgers I am wondering if perhaps you will have any tacos. Tacos are good and my religion permits me to eat them. I particularly like rabbit tacos seasoned with Miller High Life, in case you where wondering. Thanks for your consideration.

pedrocamp
2008.11.16, 08:49 PM
Jay, are you from San Diego? Are these people members of the same religon? Found this on a blog, just wondering.

"I did some growing up in San Diego between 1971-1978, and I had mexican friends across the street. Their mom frequently used cactus in her cooking. I was suprised at the time to see cactus being used, but later on in life I came to understand it was quite common in Mexican cuisine. They called them "Nopales", or "Nopalitos" for the softer baby leaves.

They kept a rabbit pen and a chicken coop, and on Sundays, would pull out a rabbit or chicken, kill it, clean it, and tossed it on this large brick grill they had in their backyard. Their mom would make the corn tortillas and salsa, and she'd pull out a jar of nopalitos, to garnish the tacos. Then we'd sit underneath this old pepper tree (or willow tree) and have rabbit tacos."

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2008.11.16, 10:23 PM
I love nopales or nopalitos, if you ever come to race in Greensboro I will take you to a Mexican restaruant with home made corn tortillas and nopalitos. They also have yucca frita and mole if either of these delicacies strike your fancey. Forgive me for any mispells. My english is no to good!

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.11.17, 08:14 AM
Haha, Jay, you made me bust a gut this morning. Pedro comes with just the right amount of sarcasm to get me laughing again, lol. I dont know about nopales or rabbit tacos, but there is a guy here who brings some pretty awesome authentic tomales occasionally. All the mexican guys I know say they are the best ones theyve ever had in the US or mexico. I could try and score you a couple of wednesday and save them for you for saturday :D

EDIT: Hah, I forgot to answer the real question :D "Box stock motor" means box stock motor. :D You can run whatever other upgrades you want. Only the LM class is limited to that motor. In stock class the PN70t is also accepted as a stock motor. Te LM class is more of a spec class than stock. All of the guys that run it here are even running all stock suspensions and diffs as well. I think one guy is rocking a diff. It looks like one more is going to be soon :D

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.17, 05:33 PM
Mike
Thanks for bringing the diff.

Jay
You keep me laughing.
I was thinking about adding boneless chicken breast to the menu.
Will that suffice?

Pedro
Wish you were going to make it, it would help keep LT from getting the big head, lol.:D

hjsmith00843
2008.11.18, 06:45 AM
Thanks for all of the info you gave me today. Hopefully I will have the car ready to race with this weekend.

I ordered the tires and a few other od and end parts. I found a transmitter and and crystal set that worked pretty good.

Still looking for that part for the diff. I may of found one.

Now I am in the process of bulding a charger to charge the aaa cells with my onyx 230 charger. Should be a pretty easy project.

hrdrvr
2008.11.18, 08:05 AM
^ No problem. You should definitly bring your car by on friday. If its not ready to run yet, Ill help you get it the rest of the way. If for some reason you dont get to run, youll still get to meet some of the other guys that run with us, and see how a race night plays out. I dont see any reason you cant compete on friday though :D

kromie101
2008.11.18, 08:49 PM
what up skeezer:D. packed up the pistons and i'm ready to roll tomorrow.talked to kb today and he mentioned something about some rules.i told him that we could talk about it tomorrow. i think he's tring to do this for 843? i'll call ya tomorrow. later

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.19, 12:46 PM
I will not be at the track tonight or Friday night,:( you guys have fun.:)

We will be traveling back to MB on Saturday, and I will be at the track on Sunday the 23rd. If anyone is interested in coming by to get some practice in, let me know and I will post the hours I will be there.

hjsmith00843
2008.11.19, 07:40 PM
I will be there friday if nothing happens. At least to run a little and maybe to watch the race.

hrdrvr
2008.11.19, 08:52 PM
We'll have you racing :D

EDIT: Weve got our own secton of MZR now!

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

Ill start a thread for our track, and one for videos. Hopefully some one will remind me friday to catch it on film. Id like to see a replay of how Eric ended up facing the wrong way at the start finish with 3 seconds on the clock tonight :D

kromie101
2008.11.20, 04:51 PM
thats was the best race i think i've ever had:cool:. dude i gave that one to ya:D. you were giving it to me in the beginning:rolleyes:. we have had some tight racing:D.

IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME:eek:.

hrdrvr
2008.11.20, 05:36 PM
It was freakin awesome! Im trying to hold my position tomorrow :D

Heres a link to those lexan bodies i was talking about. These are by far the best 1/28th scale lexan shells Ive ever seen.
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30036

Ed Roberts
2008.11.20, 07:39 PM
Guys, I'll be in your way next week, watch out.

hrdrvr
2008.11.20, 08:09 PM
Hey Ed, Im glad you got your car coming. You should have a good time.

I thought of another way we can help promote attendance at both tracks. We could feature different classes at each one. Your guys bigger track may end up being better suited for the faster classes which will come into play once all you guys start getting multiple cars :D Running pan cars and mod cars all out is always fun on the big layouts!

cosmicsoul
2008.11.21, 08:52 AM
First off I was thinking this morning as I was looking for our section that you should be in the track section and there you where so congratulations! I am not sure what the criteria is to be considered a club but you have done it!!!

Hope fully one of these days I can get my Core sytem running (can't get the software to load on my computer) I will try to start some club racing at my shop. Anyway I am rambling.

Back to the original question at hand regarding the LM class. I am not trying to splitt hairs but I have not been able to put my hands on any LM rear tires any ideas or suggestions. Mike says highspeed should be getting some but what if they never come. What I am trying to ask if puch comes to shove can I run regular tyres as they say in the UK in the rear. I promise I won't spank you (like that will ever happen) just a thought.

I guess that is it for know!

Have a great day! It snowed a little last night. Just enough to know that winter is here. Nothing like some snow on a bright sunny day!

Jay Vasquez:p

cosmicsoul
2008.11.21, 08:55 AM
So is there another Mini-z track in your area. Sounds like Ed had a track too. Interesting.

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.11.21, 10:10 AM
Jay, I dont know that we are considered a club yet. We are going to start collecting race fees for the new year, so I guess thats when itll be official :D As far as MZR goes, all I had to do was ask the right person for the section ;)

I wont let push come to shove on you :D I think I can work out something on some rear LM tires if HSH doesnt get any by the time you head down. Also, Im not going to split hairs on tech at this race either. If you end up running the standard tires, I dont think any one will mind. I do want any one who walks away with a trophy to have followed all the rules, so if you end up top 3 in an A-main, I may have to send your trophy to the next man down :D

To answer your last question, yes, it look like this area is going to get another RCP track. The guy over at the LHS has been kicking around the idea of starting an indoor carpet track. Luckily he held off a bit, and with the recent influx of local miniZ interest, he has decided to take the plunge on RCP. It looks like they are going to start with a 6 WideL + expansion pack track, and run GiroZ. The room they have the track in has room for growth too, so it looks very promising for MB MiniZ racing to really take off. Thats actually the reason I got Arch to add the section for MB. Its not really for our group only, but more for the local community.

There are all kinds of positive things that are going to come from having a track at their location. Itll be big enough to have large events on big tracks. Itll get tons of exposure by being located right at the hobby shop, which in turn should really boost the local interest in MiniZ even more. With it being a big track with a lot of space, we may be able to get some practice on the PN layouts (and may even have a chance at hosting) before we out to the next regional. Also, the clientel it will bring will be serious racers instead of friday time killers, which should bring the competition level way up. Also, the fact that the track will be open for practice all hours the store is open, will up the comp level around here. It wont be long before these guys are hosting events for the SE. The guys who are getting involved have good experience with running large scale events for nitro off-road, so I see no reason they wont be successful running 1/28th scale events as well.

Im actually very excited about it, and cant wait to start helping them get set up. We are going to work very closely together on scheduling and rules, so it should be fun for people to have two venues to run at with similar (if not identical) race programs.

Ed is going to be acting race director for the owner of the store, so be prepared to see some infromation popping up from him in the near future :D He is getting a car rush delivered so he can particiapte in our turkey race, so youll get to meet him then.

2EZ
2008.11.21, 10:38 AM
It is great that the Miniz group in the Myrtle Beach area is taking off and growing it is something we have all wanted to happen. Looks like the nights of only the three of us on the track may soon be gone.

Ed Roberts
2008.11.21, 11:33 AM
Hey Guys,

The RCP track is being order today. We are looking at a track size around 36' X 25' with pit room for 20 to 30 guys and even more for larger events. We are going to work very closely with Landon on scheduling so both tracks will get the support. One thing I was thinking was having a point series between the 2 tracks for part of 2009.

Jay,

I did rush order my Mini Z but I also rush ordered the whole hobby shop order of tires and parts, everthing will be here Tues. So I got you covered for the LM tires.

I look forward to racing with you guys.

Ed

cosmicsoul
2008.11.21, 04:40 PM
Wow, I am excited for you all!!!

We had about 20 or so guys show up last night in China Grove and are starting a points series the 1st of the year.

My hope is to one day get some racing going here in my home town of Greensboro for now I have to race with my buddy Earl at the office or drive an hour to China Grove.

I think a few more guys from High Speed will be coming down, so they say.

On the LM tires are the fronts the same as the rears in looking at Atomicmods which seems the only place to have them I can't really seem to distinguish from the two other than different degrees?

Jay :)

cosmicsoul
2008.11.21, 04:44 PM
Duh just as soon as I asked I figured it out. Narrow(fronts) and wide(rears). I need to start taking vitamins or something! Well have a good one guys I am sure I will come up with some more stupid questions for later!:p

Jay

pinoyboy
2008.11.21, 05:22 PM
Another congrats to you guys expanding!

hrdrvr
2008.11.22, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys! It is a fun and eciting time for MiniZ in MB.

Jay, I was a tad jealous after going to the diablo run and seeing what kind of participation level HSH got. Now it looks like we will have a similar level, and have a chance at point series racing and such. The crazy thing is with our group, not only are we been getting new guys interested in miniZs, but we have been lucky enough to draw in a bunch of experienced 1/8th scale racers. Up at NekoCon I really stepped my game up to be able to hang with Pedro. Now I have to elevate my game every night to try and stay up front. Another guy (kromie my homey) is really pushing me to get better allready. While the two of us have been the front runners and getting better every week, the guys behind are getting better alarmingly fast. They get closer to us every week. I can see within a few weeks there are going to 3 and 4 people on the lead lap at the end, all with a chance for the win!

Luckily for us at the turkey run, these guys dont have a lot of cars yet, so they wont be competing in every class, lol.

kromie101
2008.11.22, 10:00 AM
yooo big dog or should i say #2 guy:eek::eek:..i'm gonna take a win anyway i can get it. even if you are on your lid LOL. good racin

me and the family i think are gonna come over to broadway and check out the lighting of the tree.i'll call ya.

if your not first your last:D

hrdrvr
2008.11.22, 10:21 AM
Cool, give me a ring. I dont think Im number 2 yet. Thats 2 and 2 since we started counting :D

Id like every one to go over to the turkey race thread and post what classes they will run. There is interest in splitting up AWD and 2WD, but I have no idea what every one plans to run. Ive got ideas about you guys that only have a car or two, but anyone who has more than one, I have no clue :D Even the car or two guys should post, so every one can know where the strong followings are.

Heres tha link. MAKE THA POST (<--In my grimiest deepest voice) :D
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30078&page=2

Ed Roberts
2008.11.22, 11:57 AM
Hey Guys,

Some great racing last night, I can't wait to Tues. when my car get here. I'm dying not be able to race but thanks to Shane I got my fix running some laps with his car.

Landon,

Here is my e-mail eroberts@gs2engineering.com, could please e-mail me the Cad program we talk about this week.

Thanks,

kromie101
2008.11.23, 07:07 PM
landon, kb wants to try and race weds if you want to? that will let your wife have some time with the comp. just an idea:). $5 sign up and the winner takes half the other goes to to the house:) or all goes to the hose:). lets just race:D. i have the paint in my truck.i'll bring it by tomorrow. cya

kromie101
2008.11.24, 10:18 PM
is it saturday yet:eek:.i'm so ready:cool:.

landon looks like it might rain sat on the off road guys.

kromie101
2008.11.26, 11:07 PM
just wondering if anybody that is coming this weekend from out of town might have a extra new pn -70 stock motor they wanna sell? i'm tring to run another class and i'd like to use that motor. thanks eric

landon gave me a dud for a motor:p:D.just kidding. i need another so i can run my 2 wheel in stock.

hrdrvr
2008.11.27, 10:21 AM
Ive got another dud you can have :D

If you would have let me know yesterday, I could have had Mike pick one up for you at HSH. Maybe he grabbed an extra you could get from him on saturday. If not I do have an older one you could try.

cosmicsoul
2008.11.27, 10:37 AM
I need the address again. I am about 90% sure I will be there my boy has been sick for the last two days he is better today so we will see. Oh yeah what time will it be as well. Happy birthday!!!!:) I mean happy Turkey Day!!!!;)

Jay Vasquez

kromie101
2008.11.27, 10:52 AM
thats cool landon. i just wanna run my 2 wheel in stock with a little something extra.

dude, your dad dialed a little more speed in his car and down the straight i think i saw flames shooting out the back. LOL. he had a NOS button:D. i hope mine is that fast:(.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.eric

cosmicsoul
2008.11.27, 11:06 AM
Oh yeah what time is it supposed to start as well?

Jay

Ed Roberts
2008.11.27, 12:09 PM
Jay,

Do you need some Le Mans tires still, I can get some from the shop and bring them with me. See everyone Sat.

Later,

cosmicsoul
2008.11.27, 12:44 PM
Yes Ed,

I will definately need some rear 20 degree tires please.

Thanks,
Jay

mleemor60
2008.11.27, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah what time is it supposed to start as well?

Jay

Jay, go to the first post in the thread or the other thread.

cosmicsoul
2008.11.27, 12:57 PM
Okay so I figured out the address and the time the race starts. So when is open practice. Now that I realize it this is probably not even the right place to post this. Oh well, it's a good thing I can't get fired from this job or loose my sponorship for that matter. My sponsor is kind of a jerk anyway!!! If I make it to the race I will try and run all classes just to make things interesting.

Jay

cosmicsoul
2008.11.27, 12:59 PM
So I am a slow learner Mike do you know when open practice starts.

Jay

mleemor60
2008.11.27, 01:52 PM
10:00 to 11:00 on Saturday. I will have the silver McLaren with me so don't forget the Ferrari. Do you have any Idea if Earl might want to buy the mod car he used at Nkon. Have him get in touch will you. We should be in MB about 6:30 on Friday evening so how about answering your phone.

hrdrvr
2008.11.27, 03:32 PM
Jay, Im glad you found your info in the other thread :D As far as practice, we will open the doors at 10am. Open practice will be from 10 until about 1230. Id like to give atleast 15 minutes to the F1s at that point, then have a little drivers meeting at about 1245 and start racing by 1pm. We will have a preliminary shcedule in mind, but will finalize it once registration is done. Itll be posted at the drivers meeting, so every one will know when and what to race.

It should be fun running all classes. Im going ot try to as well, but dont know how well thats going to go with trying to keep the event smooth too :D Ive got some good helpers, so I may as well give it a go. My mod car is the only one Im worried about. I just got it put together last night and havent had but a couple of laps with it. I hope I can get some time saturday with it, and if so, Ill be ready to run al 5.

Eric, good race last night! It was a lot of fun. Are you going to try and run stock and my 2wd mod car? or just forget about mod cause that car is a handful :D

kromie101
2008.11.27, 06:48 PM
if your not gonna run your 2wd car and your offering, i would be happy to race it. i just need to make a few small changes;). can i run another body on that chassie?

cya sat

hrdrvr
2008.11.27, 08:25 PM
I'm 99% sure that I will not run that car. If I let you run it, will that put you in awd stock, 2wd stock, and mod? If so, it's all yours. And you can make whatever changes to it that you want. The only other body I have to run on that chassis is an NSX that I've dremelled out to 98mm.

kromie101
2008.11.27, 11:06 PM
IM IN:cool:. but i may need to run some duracells? i need to slow it down some:D.

hrdrvr
2008.11.28, 10:06 AM
When we get there in the morning, you can bind it up to your Tx and dial it in anyway youd like. Ive got some stickier tires you can try too. I forgot they were in my box, but if you remind me to let you try some SSGs, thatll hook in the rear end a lot better :D

kromie101
2008.11.28, 10:54 AM
man i wanna come over today but i'm holding back. i'll cut some laps on my track:cool:.i'm taking the boys hunting this afternoon:).

cya in the am:).

kromie101
2008.11.28, 11:00 AM
dude,i wanna get so many different cars and right now the only way to do that is to sell all my offroad stuff:(. i don't know what to do? i just want everything LOL. i'm just flappin my gums now:D

hrdrvr
2008.11.28, 12:36 PM
Jay,
What classes do you plan to run?

mleemor60
2008.11.28, 12:57 PM
Just spoke with another of our guy's. He will post classes this evening when he gets home. I would guess F-1 and mod at least. He will probably be bringing at least one of his boys with him also. Jay will probably run everything but AWD. Your email still doesn't work. I'll call you when I hit town.

hrdrvr
2008.11.28, 01:07 PM
My email is acting wack. Its totally empty, yet it refuses to accept some emails from some people. It sporadically works, then stops.

Definitly give me a ring. There are a few others on the fence waiting on last minute plans to work out. There are also a few steadily watching the weather channel to decide wether to come here, or try out the off-road track. We could very well see some D-mains :eek:

mleemor60
2008.11.28, 01:11 PM
The Diablo had 54 entries total. It looks like you have already topped that. Outstanding first event.

Ed Roberts
2008.11.30, 02:10 PM
Landon,

Great race, had a ball. Can't wait till Wednesday.

hrdrvr
2008.11.30, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys!

I look forward to racing on wednesday too Ed.

There were a lot of people who didnt show up, but it was still a ton o' fun. We didnt have a diablo size track, or crowd, but I think it went well. I just posted a recap on the event thread. If you have any feedback, Id like you to share over there :D

Daddy Rabbit
2008.12.06, 09:01 AM
Eric,
Good luck today at the 1:8 scale race, I hope you and the boys do well.

You know that I have been giving Landon down the country for loaning you that mod car in the race last week, because you kept me out of the money. lol:D Just kidding of coarse, it was fun running with you big dogs.

Again, good luck and I look foward to running with you in a week and a half.:)

Daddy Rabbit
2008.12.08, 07:56 AM
Landon,

Stormerhobbies.com has the JR Z-1 tx on sale for $129.00, with some type 75mhz module. Is this TX, something the guys getting mz's could use? It's looks just like the tx we have, but with the JR label.

Hope you ST had a nice trip.

cosmicsoul
2008.12.08, 08:40 AM
I think that may be the TX that Kromie uses if I am not mistaken sure does look like a HELIOS. Slap a 2.4 module on it and your ready to go for another $85.00 dollars or so plus shipping. I think if I could do it all over I would buy the Kopropo UR-1 with 2.4 module from Atomic mods it is small has, more model memory and is supposed to have quicker steering response(which probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference for me). The UR-1 goes for $210.00 add and AM module for $64.00.

Jay

Daddy Rabbit
2008.12.09, 11:07 AM
Jay,

I think you are correct, they are not making the helios anymore, but KoPropo is making the Z-1 for JR. The UR-1 will be my next move because of my small hands, if you ever see it on sale, let me know.

Does Mike have any tentative dates for the next Diablo?
We are looking foward to a road trip.:D

kromie101
2008.12.13, 09:12 AM
daddy rabbit,it was landons fault:D.he made me do it. you still earned it,the young guy that you are and still running with those big dogs.i hope when i get that young i'm as fast as you are. i know collin and griffin are gonna be driving circles around me:(:). no matter what i still had fun:D.

collin kicked some azz last weekend.i was a happy daddy:).i was a freakin mess watching him race.i thought i was gonna have a break down:eek:..

me and the boys are gonna head to 843 for a few hours and then i gotta get home to take my smokin hot wife to my xmas party:cool:.

i should be their wed night. cya soon

Daddy Rabbit
2008.12.17, 08:31 PM
Eric,

Sorry, I have been off the forum for awhile, I crashed my computer, it is in computer hospital.:(
Congrads to Collin, I had heard that he had done well, good job C.:p
Hope to see you in the near future.

2EZ
2009.02.04, 10:33 AM
Thought I would check to see if this thread was still live haden't heard from you guys in a while guess you are to busy with plans for the march Race!!

hrdrvr
2009.02.04, 12:04 PM
I have been busy with all the new goodness going on. Ive been working on the point series and plans for the March race. It looks like we may end up with 8-10 entries in each group (pro and sport) for the point series, so look out for some tough competition. Ill have a thread up today to post some details, and so I have place to keep the results/standings.

You missed some awesome racing last week. This week is going to be even better with the LMPS getting kicked off. There are also couple of guys that race saturdays at 843 coming out to get some points, so we will have some extra racers in tha house. :D

B-main
2009.07.13, 07:20 PM
is it thursday yet .im starting to get the shakes .i need to race asap

shake n bake

chad508
2009.07.13, 08:00 PM
is it thursday yet .im starting to get the shakes .i need to race asap

shake n bake

hopefully you want have the shakes come race night

B-main
2009.07.13, 09:06 PM
the shakeing stops when i see CFI'S parking lot

hrdrvr
2009.07.14, 08:09 AM
lol, you guys are funny. You dont have to wait til thursday :D

B-main
2009.07.15, 11:16 PM
who's racing tomorrow

hrdrvr
2009.07.16, 08:06 AM
Im sure we will have the regular suspects. Darwin was talking about coming out, and Erics boys are planning on coming. We should hit the double digits :D

Your car isnt fixed though :( Ive been meaning to drop you a PM about it. The bottom FET will not work. We replaced it again, and as soon as I put batteries in to try and bind it up for testing, the FET fried again. Serrano told me when the first one burnt up, it burnt a lead on the bottom of the board. He jumped it and thought it would work. I checked it over, and it looked like it should do fine, but there must be something else underlying that we cant see from visual inspection. You may have to send it off, but I dont know who youd send it to.

pick
2009.07.22, 06:06 PM
Hey Landon,
I was just wandering if ya'll were racing next week. I'll be in N. Myrtle for the week and would love to race with your crew if possible :cool:. I also have no clue where the track is located :eek:. I think I may even have a couple cars that meet your club rules :D.

James

hrdrvr
2009.07.22, 09:16 PM
James,
We should definitely be running next Thursday night. We run at our office, which is at: 3046 Emory Rd, MB. Most GPSs will get you to our street, but not right to our door. The office is at the south end of Emory Rd. Its a metal bulding with a birck front, and three flag poles out by the side of the road. Mapquest give good directions, but again, not right to the door. Ill drop my phone number in a PM, so you can call me if you have any trouble. Oh, and FWIW, its all the way down at the south end, so pending what time you come, you need to allow 30 min or so. You can come as early as you want if you want to get in some extra time to get your car set up.

People usually start showing up around 4, we start the qualfiers at 6. Recently weve just been running one class a week, which is our stock class. The rules are pretty easy. All you need is 4 AAAs, and a 70t motor :D We allow the LMs and pan bodies to run along side touring cars. Its always close, and skill/performance outweighs any body advantage on our layouts.

Ill have a fresh layout down too, so there wont be too much of a homefiled advantage. Im going to try and get it to be a fast one, as the last few quick ones have been a blast!

Cant wait!

PS: Vote for Pedro! :D

pick
2009.07.23, 04:25 PM
Thanks Landon, that sounds great :cool:. I'll make sure and bring my junk down. I've got a couple of 70turn cars set up now, so I'll be legal :eek:. My brother may come down for a few days also. If ya'll don't mind, he may come too :D. Already cleared it with the wife, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the # also, I'll give you a call to get the specifics next week ;). Otherwise, I'll probably end up driving in circles all night trying to find your place :rolleyes:.

James

P.S. Pedro's rule will soon come to an end :p.

hrdrvr
2009.07.23, 07:06 PM
We dont mind, he can come too ;)

VFP 'til the end!

B-main
2009.07.23, 11:02 PM
Hey Landon,
I was just wandering if ya'll were racing next week. I'll be in N. Myrtle for the week and would love to race with your crew if possible :cool:. I also have no clue where the track is located :eek:. I think I may even have a couple cars that meet your club rules :D.

James

if you cant find the track you can allways follow me .i live in the north end

minizjrd
2009.07.25, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but seeing it is active, I was wondering if anyone in the Myrtle Beach area knows if 843 RC Hobbies is still open? One phone # I had is no longer in service ( I think that was 843's old location ) and the other # ends up in a generic answering machine.

I am hoping 843 has not fallen victim to the crappy economy!!!

hrdrvr
2009.08.01, 01:58 PM
Sorry to take so long to answer your question but I wanted to be 100% sure to provide you with acurate information. 843 has been struggling to keep its doors open, and the owner finally made the decision to close indefinitely. He is sure that the economy will turn around and allow his business to re-open, but the time frame is unclear.

In the mean time we are still racing at the club track, and I am going to persue getting some parts for the locals who want to continue running Zs. Are you in MB? You chould come check out one of our club races on a thursday night. We have a pretty active base of guys who have a broad range of skills and age. There is definitely some one here you could enjoy racing against :D

hrdrvr
2009.08.01, 02:02 PM
James, it was great to run with you this thursday night! You fit right in with our group on and off the track. I hope you had a good enough time that youll consider coming out again (even if its only on next years vacation :D). See you again soon I hope!

pedrocamp
2009.08.01, 08:37 PM
Did he show off his dance moves?

B-main
2009.08.01, 10:36 PM
Did he show off his dance moves?

NO:( but he did a little jig

mleemor60
2009.08.02, 10:27 AM
Can you say that?

pick
2009.08.02, 11:21 AM
I had a great time racing with you guys last Thursday :D. Your track is awesome and the racing is close :eek:. Much like our club, you've got a great group of guys who are very competitive but yet very helpful to anyone in need :cool:. I greatly appreciate your hospitality and look forward to hanging out with ya'll again in the future :). As for the dancing.......I didn't feel comfortable breaking it down with it being my first race with some of you :confused:. But now that the honeymoon is over, I'll let you see my new Happy Hands performance that I've been working on :eek:. For your viewing pleasure................

http://www.sebavatars.com/avatars/download/4074/37a800548fc01fd160905b8baad5a40fcff7e6ee

Don't get jealous, I know my moves have that effect on some people :p. Maybe I'll bring a delicious Bass next time :D.

James

Ed Roberts
2009.08.02, 12:11 PM
That's great, lol.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.02, 01:54 PM
James,
Sorry I missed racing with you this past Thursday, I was just raced out from the NJ race weekend. Now that you have been here, don't be a stranger, check out some of our up coming events.

Ed Roberts
2009.08.02, 02:25 PM
Anyone going to the track today (Sunday) for some practice?

cosmicsoul
2009.08.02, 07:43 PM
I may be rolling through MB for the weekend. Anyone racing or practicing Friday night?

Jay

B-main
2009.08.03, 12:23 AM
Anyone going to the track today (Sunday) for some practice?

im going monday some time around one .to give landon his transponder .but im going to eds first to pick up some batts ill be down for running some laps till im told to leave

hrdrvr
2009.08.03, 08:15 AM
Jay, we usually dont run on fridays, but sometimes my dad is around the track on the weekends. Also, Im trying to work it out where some of the guys can get some practice in on other nights besides thursday. If it works out to be friday this week, Ill let you know. You wont be in town for a thursday race will ya?

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.03, 11:39 AM
Ed,
I was at the track yesterday.
You need to get my number and call me on those possible practice days.
I go to the track a lot of Sat & Sun's, I just don't on a fixed schedule, but if I know ahead of time we could work something out.
Just don't call me between 9:00pm and 9:00am:D

Jay,
Good to hear from you.
What time will you be in the area Friday.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.04, 01:54 PM
I may be making it out Thursday what time do you get started. It seems to me I heard you guys are mostly, running 70 turn Pan Cars so I will try to get one set up by then. I am about 80% sure I'll be there I am supposed to be getting my stimulus check this week.:rolleyes: If not I sure you'll have fun with out me!

Jay

hrdrvr
2009.08.04, 02:29 PM
^ Jay, you can run anything you want with a 70t in our stock class. We are trying to get a mod class going, but we are going to be short one of the few folks who is commited to running it, so IDK if itll happen this week.

As far as stock pan goes, they are allowed. A couple of the guys only run pan cars, but most of us run ASCs as well. Last weeks A-Main was one pan car, and four ASCs. LM cars are allowed as well, and youll see a few of them running with the touring cars and pans.

In my opinion and experience the bodies dont make the major advantages. Yes, a pan car or an LM may be easier to set up than a 350Z, but if a person puts the time in, they can have whatever they want competetive. It all comes down to driving anyway. A few weeks agao I won an A-Main with an 015 against two pan cars, and two ASCs. Clean lines and staying off the boards are what wins races in our track room. Where the pan cars are easy to set up fast, they arent very forgiving on the walls. The LMs are nearly as stable, and a lot more forgiving, but at 102mm, it takes a pretty aggresive set up to get around the tight sections I like to set up. With the rest of the ASCs there are so many variables that you are able find a body to fit pretty much any type of set up and driving style.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.04, 07:24 PM
I'll just bring the whole herd and see what runs best on your layout. My ASC will probably be the ticket.

I officially have permision from the wifey to race so things are looking up!

Now all I have to do is get 3 days of work done tommorrow and I should be in the clear.

CYA soon

Jay

B-main
2009.08.08, 12:22 AM
id jut like to say thanks to cosmicsoul and ed for all the help on thurs .it was a blast racing with everyones as always .cosmo if i don't see ya before diablo i'll see you then .o yea i got my ole lady to eagle eye my servo gear. its chiped

cosmicsoul
2009.08.08, 08:42 PM
Yeah it's amazing what one little chip out of tiny gear can do. Get a new and you should be fine!

Thanks for letting me run with you all, I had a great time!

Jay

hrdrvr
2009.08.10, 09:12 AM
^ My dad said y'all had some battles for the wins thursday! I hope you had a good time. Sorry I wasnt around. Ill catch you on the next trip for sure.

I saw the thread for the Mini-Diablo. I think its a great idea, and Ill try my best to attend whatever you guys put together, whenever you have it!

chad508
2009.08.10, 10:27 AM
ed said something thursday about starting to meet up on tuesday to have a test and tune night. is this starting this week.

hrdrvr
2009.08.10, 01:00 PM
I dunno Chad. I havent talked to Ed since thursday afternoon. Last I talked to him it was looking like he was ready to start doing it. Maybe he will come on here and post, or if youd like, I can give him a call and ask. Either way, if you want to come by and get some practice in you just need to get here before my dad gets out of here. I just checked, and he said he would be here til 4:30/5ish. He said he would leave you to lock the gate and door, so you could get in as much time as youd like. I can drop you in the PC before I leave to, so youd have the lap counter.

chad508
2009.08.10, 01:26 PM
thanks but i probaly will not make it this tuesday. i was more checking to see if others were. i'll make it for sure thursday.

Ed Roberts
2009.08.10, 02:05 PM
There will be practice tomorrow from 4 to 7pm. If anyone is having any handling issue with their car and would like some help. Come on out so we can work on it before our club race on Thur.

Chris, if you come tomorrow, please bring the motor we talked about it.

Chad, please let Steven know about practice tomorrow, I would like to see what's going on with his car.

Later,

chad508
2009.08.10, 02:11 PM
neither of us will be able to make it. last friday was his b-day and our familys are going out to dinner after work. i might make it a little earlier to run a few laps if i can get away from work.

Ed Roberts
2009.08.10, 02:20 PM
Cool, have fun at dinner. If Steven wants me to take a look at his car bring it with you, I can work on it there and you can pick it up on Wed. Tomorrow I will be running mod and my car is hooked up so I will have a lot of time to help anyone that wants it.

pick
2009.08.19, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys,
We're trying to firm up a date for the Mini Diablo, but I wanted some input from ya'll too :cool:. We're looking at Saturday 09/26. This works well for the hobby shop and everyone I've talked to so far :D. The tentative plan is to setup on Friday 09/25 with test and tune afterwards, more practice Saturday morning 09/26, and begin racing around 10am. Everyone seems to be in favor of a one day event, so it won't be too demanding on the schedules :cool:. It'll probably be a long day, but a lot of fun. Keep in mind the dates can change if needed, but I gotta know who can and can't make it :eek:. I just thought I'd post this on your section in case someone wasn't monitoring our thread :). Hope everyone can make it :D!

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.23, 08:46 AM
Who's racing this coming Wednesday?

pedrocamp
2009.08.23, 09:02 AM
Daddy Rabbit wants to play!

By the way here is a link to the Diablo event thread:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32450

Hope you all can make it...

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.23, 09:40 AM
That's right:D
MB will have representation at the big "D" event. It is going to be a busy week for us,we will be getting back from Va. on Thursday but I am looking forward to it.

chad508
2009.08.23, 10:07 AM
Who's racing this coming Wednesday?

you know i'll be there.

B-main
2009.08.23, 12:10 PM
ill be hooking rails wed

2EZ
2009.08.23, 02:33 PM
I have a meeting in Columbia so most likely won't make it, to bad I worked on my cars all week since last wensday 90 mm, F1 and All-wheel are all ready to go.

chad508
2009.08.23, 07:33 PM
I have a meeting in Columbia so most likely won't make it, to bad I worked on my cars all week since last wensday 90 mm, F1 and All-wheel are all ready to go.

sorry to hear you wont make it this week. but good to hear your other cars are ready to race. i'll be glad to start running awd, and f1 now that i have mine ready to go as well.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.23, 08:42 PM
Chad and Chris glad you guys are going to be there, how a bout Steven?:confused:
T man sorry you are not going to make it:(
LT how about you, Ed and Eric are you going to be there?
If we have enough for a race I will come back from Fl.OK boys geta up;)
LT did you get our motor master?

chad508
2009.08.23, 08:49 PM
im sure steven will make it. from what ive heard eric is working out of town for a while. plus id hate for you to come back from vacation just so i can whip ya. but i would slow down just to have one more racer. after last week we all need to watch out for steven, he took the a main from all of us.

hrdrvr
2009.08.24, 08:30 AM
Eric was out on a cruise last week, and is slated to be working out of town soon. I thought it was going to be sometime in september though, so maybe he will be around. If Ed comes out, and I race we will have five without you, so two tiny heats if you come back :D Maybe we will pick up some of those guys who said they might make wednesdays. Ill hit up KB, and maybe Ed can contact Lane. :D We need to let those guys know the day switched anyhow!

chad508
2009.08.24, 09:41 AM
landon did you ever get any info on the setting for the ics box?

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.24, 11:15 AM
I have decided that we will be back for racing Wednesdat night.
Landon do not forget the motor master:eek:

hrdrvr
2009.08.24, 11:45 AM
Chad, Ive got a message into the informant :D Hopefully Ill have some news today, bu Im sure it will be before wednesday. Ive got piece of mind to just jump in and see what happens anyway :D Maybe Ill play with the F1 this afternoon.

Cool Daddy Rabbit! Im glad youll be back. I just tlaked to Eric too, and he said that he was panning on coming. I must have been right about him not working out of town until a later date. Also, he is supposed to see Lane today, and will let him know about running on wednesdays now, and see if he can make it. If we get KB, Monty, and Ed, we may end up with a full house!

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.24, 04:22 PM
Great!!!!!
Looking forward to it:D

hrdrvr
2009.08.25, 08:11 AM
Is it wednesday yet? :D

I talked to KB yesterday. He said he is going to do his best to come out. He doesnt think Monty will be interested, but he said he thinks George will come along.

Chris, did you get your car sorted?

B-main
2009.08.25, 08:22 AM
kyosho called me yesterday my board is in the mail i hope it will be here by wed

hrdrvr
2009.08.25, 08:33 AM
If not, you can run mine again. I havent binded it back to my Tx yet, so Ill wait it out till I hear from you, or until after wednesday. You want me to move it back so you can run the McLaren on it? I could set it at 98, 100, and it would work in that car. I dont think the mount Ive got will go 102 with the damper I have, but the car has clearance all the way back to there. Stretching it out would take a little of the twitch away you were experiencing last week. I like my stock pans a LOT more aggresive than the mod set up you used before, lol.

B-main
2009.08.25, 11:11 AM
set it to 98 .that should be fine .

B-main
2009.09.03, 02:27 AM
ill have my car up and running for nrxt week .that bump spot is mine .arrrrr