CHARLOTTE, NC
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/530+EAST+SUGAR+CREEK+RD+CHARLOTTE+NC/

LARGE 80,000 SQ FT WAREHOUSE
ELECTRICITY AVAILABLE, AIR CONDITIONED, SECURE PARKING
RACE ON HUGE RCP TRACK
SMALL PRACTICE, KIDS TRACK AVAILABLE ALL DAY
TIMING BY CORE

Racing Standards and Rules:
These rules are not set in stone and we will make allowances or changes at the discretion of the Race Officials.
Have FUN! Most important.
Children are invited and encouraged to participate so please no foul language, abusive behavior or bad attitudes, even by the children.
NO Cheating. If you are found in violation of the class rules, or rude, you will be suspended from racing, cuffed and run in.
We will be using the CORE Timing System. We will have 24 loaner transponder cards available. Please bring your own CORE transponder cards if available and we would appreciate any extra loaners. It is the racer's responsibility to ensure the transponder is installed properly. You may race without a transponder, but it is the driver's responsibility to find someone to count laps for their car. Racers must notify the Timing Official of the number of laps completed post heat. Racers without a transponder will not win a sandwich. Sorry, but it is hard to verify the laps.
All Racers will be expected to Turn Marshall after their heat. It is the responsibility of the Racer to recruit a stand-in if necessary. Please remember you could be the car that doesn’t get marshaled.
A Frequency Sign-in Board will be provided. Please fill in your name and frequency number to prevent conflicts. Fill in your name and frequency number for all classes in which you will be participating. Please check the board for conflicts before turning on your radio for adjustments or use of the practice-play track. Please turn off your radio immediately after your heat. Please remember you could be the car that gets glitched.
The Heats will start at exactly 12:15. Please be signed up to race by 11:00 AM. All qualifying heats will be 4 minutes in length. There will be 2 -3 heats per class depending on turnout. All mains will be 8 minutes in length. All class mains will be run by letter format, C Main - B Main – A Main, depending on turnout. Drivers will have 5 minutes to be ready for the next heat or race. A one minute warning will be given. Please no drop-ins once the heat or race has started. A driver may resume a heat or race if repairs are needed.
Electricity available, some pit tables available. Please bring your own table and chairs if possible.

Classes are as follows:

Mini-Z Stock
Open to all new and casual Mini Z Racers.
Same chassis rules as Pro Stock.
Mini-Z Pro Stock
Open to the more experienced Mini Z Racer.
Open to Kyosho MR01, MR02 (except 2.4 LM), MR015 and i-Series Chassis.
Only standard and aftermarket SINGLE layer FETs are allowed. No aftermarket or Turbo Boards are allowed.
Standard Kyosho motor, X-Speed motor or PN Speedy 05 – 07 -07BB motors are allowed. Please no hand wound armatures.
Bearings, diff, motor pod, etc… may be upgraded.
Alkaline, NiCad and NiMH AAA size batteries are allowed in a four cell configuration. Due to safety concerns, Lithium batteries are not allowed in any class.
Only rubber and silicone based tires allowed, no foam tires.
No traction compounds of any type are allowed. Tires may be cleaned with water, acetone, lacquer thinner, alcohol or an aerosol type motor spray. Please no special “compounds or solvents”.
Kyosho, IWaver and Firelap street car based bodies are allowed. Optional and aftermarket wings are allowed. No Can-Am, Le Mans or Lexan bodies are allowed in Stock Classes.
Minimum weight shall be 180 grams.

It is at the discretion of the Race Officials if a driver qualifies for the Stock Class or the Pro Stock Class.

Mini-Z Super Modified
Open to all Racers.
Open to all 1/28 scale chassis including the Kyosho MR02LM 2.4 GHz chassis and the MA010 AWD Chassis. If there are enough entries this class will be split into Pan Car only, AWD only or LM only.
Any electronics are allowed.
Any 130 size brushed motor is allowed.
Alkaline, NiCad and NiMH AAA size batteries are allowed in a four cell configuration. Due to safety concerns, Lithium batteries are not allowed in any class.
No traction compounds of any type are allowed. Tires may be cleaned with water, acetone, lacquer thinner, alcohol or an aerosol type motor spray. Please no special “compounds or solvents”
No minimum weight.

Mini-Z F1 Open Modified
Open to all Racers.
Open to all Mini Z F1 based chassis.
Any electronics are allowed. Any 130 size brushed motor is allowed.
No traction compounds of any type are allowed. Tires may be cleaned with water, acetone, lacquer thinner, alcohol or an aerosol type motor spray. Please no special “compounds or solvents”.
No minimum weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udp1o3PTkjY

pedrocamp
2008.04.19, 10:23 AM
Further info posted as available. Please post all questions-comments on this thread.
A little BIG TRACK fun for the High Speed Hobbies Racers as well as our Mini Z friends from around the area.
Please make plans to attend!

cosmicsoul
2008.04.21, 10:51 AM
Sounds way cool Pedro, I wonder who all will be coming? I know me and Earl will be there for sure. Anybody else?

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.04.21, 11:10 AM
Great Jay! Will you be running Stock, Mod and F1? I will be running the three.
I will print up some flyers to post at High Speed. I will bring some to the track, do you have a local hobby shop in Greensboro where you can post?

Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.04.21, 02:44 PM
Pedro, this all sounds good, but I have a couple of questions:

How do I know wether I am cinsidered "stock" or "pro stock" ?

Is an AWD stock (or pro stock) class out of the question? Pretty much all (but not every one) of the guys down here in MB prefer AWDs instead of 02s. I think I could compete a lot better in that class, but probably not against mod cars Lol. If not Ill try my best to get my 02 dialed in so I can run in one stock class.

"Standard Kyosho motor, X-Speed motor or PN Speedy 05 – 07 -07BB motors are allowed. Please no hand wound armatures."

Are these expamles of the motors that can be used, or the only ones that can be used? I run a PN FETStock motor in my 02. Would it be legal, or would I have to buy one of the above mentioned motors to compete?

"Bearings, diff, motor pod, etc… may be upgraded."

There is no mention about suspension upgrades. Are disk dampers, oil dampers, and spring upgrades legal?

Sorry for a bunch of questions to start off. I know the asnwers are mostly implied in the rules, but I want to be 100% certain the car(s) I bring is legal for competition.

cosmicsoul
2008.04.21, 04:00 PM
I will be running novice stock, mod and F-1 mod. I guess AWD would run with the MOD's. Just incase anyone cares our guy's that win the MOD class most of the time are running stock cars. Running AWD in MODs would eliminate any motor limitations. Disk dampners and oil shocks are legal. If we had enough AWD participation maybe we could do a seperate class? Either way I think we will be able to accomadate. Spring upgrades legal as well.

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.04.21, 04:02 PM
The "Stock Class" is what we normally call our Novice Class. We would only recommend someone changing classes if they are out of their depth in pro or spanking the less experienced in novice. We would surely run a AWD ONLY class if there are enough cars. The AWD's have not been popular at HSH, we don't have many local AWD racers. I think if we get a few AWD's that the guys that own them here will whip 'em out.

We want everyone to just come out and have fun and not spend alot of money to compete. I will have to check with the other boys about your motor but I am sure that it will be OK to run your FET Stock. Our local track does limit the Stock Classes to those motors listed in the Race Rules.

All suspension and chassis upgrades are legal in the Stock Classes. We would limit the Stock Classes to being based on the stock plastic chassis though, no "Carbon Cars".
Pretty much what determines a "Stock" is: single fets, restricted motor, plastic chassis, street-car based body.

We have put the new LM cars in Mod due to their double FETs. There is some discussion here that in the future this may change but we will, as mentioned in the race info, put the LM cars in their own class if we get enough of them.

We are also working on having our local shop setup a booth at the Race with spare parts, tires, etc...

Thanks, look forward to meeting you guys,

Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.04.22, 12:03 PM
Sounds good fellas. I just like wining about the AWDs. :D

It seems there are a lot of clubs that dont run them. Mike let me know that you guys dont really run 'em, so I really didnt expect you to have class for them anyway. I defitnitly dont want any one to try and accomodate me (or any one else from MB), just because I cant drive an 02 straight Lol. I will be woking on the 02 and locating a speedy 07. Im sure I have an 05 and an 07 around some where, so dont worry about checking the FET Stock. Im going to have to rework that chassis totally to try and compete, so I may as well find a speedy motor to drop in it.

I really look forward to meeting/racing you guys!

pedrocamp
2008.04.22, 02:10 PM
How many guys down there in Myrtle Beach have AWD cars? We would like to have a good class of them, bring 'em up. They are quite cool and more like what I am used to, coming from a 1/10 scale touring car background.
Jay, do you have one?

cosmicsoul
2008.04.22, 06:12 PM
I do not have an all wheel drive yet. When I got into mini-z's I thought that is what I would end up getting, but everyone at Highspeed was running MR02's. I really appreiciate the simplicity of the MR02. The thoughts of learning another car at the moment is not that appealing, I have my hands full running, trying to run 3 classes as it is. I would however enjoy watching some AWD's that where dialed, in action. Maybe when I grow up a little I'll get one.

Jay

hrdrvr
2008.04.22, 08:31 PM
Pretty much every one down here has one. There are a few people that only have AWDs. We all came from racing xmods on concrete where AWD was neccesary. When we crossed over to Zs, it only felt right getting 010s. I dont know how many, if any of these guys are coming with me, but I will definatly be bringing an AWD or 2 :D

cosmicsoul
2008.04.22, 10:44 PM
I wonder if any one else is coming or has any interest. We should be having quite a bit of track between several of us in case anyone was wondering. At least 5 to 6 Wide L's between me and James. I think Norm was talking about bringing some track and Mike too. I wonder if anyone else has any track they would like to contribute. Pedro are you going to try to make some flyers I will split the cost with you if you do on THURS.

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.04.23, 06:01 AM
Jay, I have made a one page promo flyer and will bring to HSH on Thursday. We should have LOTS of track.

Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.04.23, 01:04 PM
I know Hank from the ATL crew knows about it, but have you guys posted links or info in any of the other local forums? I know the DOW and DC guys have been known to travel. Its a long way for a non-sanctioned event, but it would be worth a shot. Mike mentioned the C'ville VA group, but how about the Chattanooga guys. Have y'all contacted any of them?

This thread is a good idea, but not every one checks all the forums on the board. We need to get the word out :D

pedrocamp
2008.04.23, 01:43 PM
I know Mike has contacted a few of the groups. I have posted a thread and link on the Events forum. We will be posting flyers in some of our local hobby shops too. Are there other active forums or websites that you would recommend? RCTech perhaps?

hrdrvr
2008.04.23, 02:50 PM
This is the only Z forum I visit. I was mainly refering to the sections dedicated to other local groups. I will post a link back to this thread on the few other RC forums I am active on, and see if it stirs anything up.

cosmicsoul
2008.04.23, 07:12 PM
Hrdrvr if you know some of the guys you mentioned by all mean feel free to mention something on there local forum. I have thought about it but don't really know anyone outside of our area other than Hank and you sort of.

Jay

pinoyboy
2008.04.23, 08:36 PM
Hrdrvr if you know some of the guys you mentioned by all mean feel free to mention something on there local forum. I have thought about it but don't really know anyone outside of our area other than Hank and you sort of.

Jay

Yo, Jay! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this event, still on the fence:( If anything changes, I'll let you guys know! ;):D

mleemor60
2008.04.23, 08:58 PM
Hank,
I was hoping to pick your brain on the CORE system while you were here playing. If it's a place to crash so you can go home in the morning, I've got it.
There could be a couple of others too.

Mike

hrdrvr
2008.04.24, 02:08 PM
Ill post the links in the other forums for you. ;)

I hope you end up making it Hank!

Landon

DAMZer
2008.04.24, 07:25 PM
hrdvr, you bringing the crew from MB and is 2EZ in the mix? I am on the fence.......

2EZ
2008.04.25, 08:29 AM
I don't know yet that is my birthday I have some plans though I would love the chance to race with a large group on a large track!!!

hrdrvr
2008.04.25, 02:13 PM
^^ Also, IDK about the other guys. Suprisingly enough a few of them have expressed interest in going, but I guess it matters what comes up between now and then. My dad is going to be in Charlotte for the NASCAR race. He is saying he doesnt want to race because of that, but Ill keep working on him :D He says he is going to come and watch. Heck, he may as well turn some laps while he is there :D

pedrocamp
2008.04.25, 06:07 PM
We will try to schedule heats and races so that those going to the Nascar race can get at least some, if not all, their runs in since it is a night race. High Speed Hobbies will be sending parts to the race so we will have spares on hand for purchase. Vicki and Jim have also offered 10% off all pre-ordered parts.

DAMZer
2008.04.25, 06:11 PM
Awt-oh, race weekend.........IDK about that.......

2EZ, That's why that date rang a bell!!! Hey, I'm still game for some celebration, let's talk.........:D

mleemor60
2008.04.28, 06:18 AM
We should probably start to figure out just exactly how much track is available and how much will actually going to show up. Will there a central gathering point for track to be used? Who is going to get it to and from the race site? Everyone that contributes track should have their name on the back so it can be returned.

This week Pedro and I plan to set up and hand run an event with the CORE so that we can see the sort and how it works. No cars, just hand passing transponders over the loop for four minutes for three or four groups then seeing if it sets up for the mains.

With no race this week at HS it cuts down on face time with all that are involved. May 17th is closer than you think.

Mike

cosmicsoul
2008.04.28, 09:05 AM
Mike,

Not trying to invite myself but if you would like I could probably make it WED. Might not be a bad idea to see if James can make it too. I think it would be a good opportunity to practice your grilling skills as well (I'll take mine MEDRARE) lol!

Jay

mleemor60
2008.04.28, 02:18 PM
Wednesday night is El Amigo night But it sounds like a plan to me if Pedro can make it. You get in contact with James and I'll contact Pedro.

Mike

pedrocamp
2008.04.28, 02:40 PM
El Amigo Night IT IS.

mleemor60
2008.04.28, 07:03 PM
Jay,

You would like El Amigo. We can all chow down and then come here. Get in touch with James yet?

cosmicsoul
2008.04.28, 08:50 PM
No sabia que el amigo erra una lugar parra comer. Deje un mensage con James. Te aviso maniana si el va vinir. Donde esta El Amigo parra buscarle en Map Questo!

Tu amigo,
Francisco Javier Vasquez

pedrocamp
2008.04.28, 09:48 PM
Mike, what is the address to El Amigo? Buena comida! Check pm too.

mleemor60
2008.04.29, 06:14 AM
No sabia que el amigo erra una lugar parra comer. Deje un mensage con James. Te aviso maniana si el va vinir. Donde esta El Amigo parra buscarle en Map Questo!

Tu amigo,
Francisco Javier Vasquez

Si. I think, but just in case, El Amigo Mexican Restaurant
1776 S. Cannon Blvd (Hiway 29)
Kannapolis, NC

mleemor60
2008.04.29, 06:16 AM
Mike, what is the address to El Amigo? Buena comida! Check pm too.

It would probably easier for you to come here first. No double back that way.

cosmicsoul
2008.04.29, 01:33 PM
PM me your address by the way I scored a CORE so we will have 9 more transponders if we need them.

mleemor60
2008.04.29, 05:00 PM
Pm sent. Great about CORE system. Is it complete, Disc and all or will we need mine?

About what time can you make it down tomorrow? We try to eat by 6:00. Health reasons. Plus or minus 30 minutes is ok.

cosmicsoul
2008.04.30, 02:03 PM
336-382-0719 It's 3 oclock headed to Highspeed I have directions from there to your house. Maybe we could meet at the Hobby shop before we go to El Amigo otherwise I'll be at your house a little before six.

Jay

mleemor60
2008.05.01, 05:57 PM
After everybody left last night, I fired off an e-mail to Reading. I haven't heard back yet so I'm checking some other avenues as back up.

Jay, check PM

Mike

cosmicsoul
2008.05.02, 08:27 AM
Have you looked at the thread yet, it really sheds alot of light on the whole thing. I wonder if you could get in contact with Mike Huckabee. It seems that with his computer knowledge he could probably help out, just a thought.

Jay

mleemor60
2008.05.02, 05:22 PM
I'm going to try it again with that thread running on my laptop right next to the scoring system so that I can look and learn I hope. Film at eleven.

Mike

cosmicsoul
2008.05.04, 01:21 AM
Good to hear you guys got things running with the lap counter. See you Thursday.

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.05.08, 10:32 PM
The Diablo track layout... about 44 ft by 26 ft.

pinoyboy
2008.05.08, 10:37 PM
:eek: that is crazy!

mleemor60
2008.05.09, 06:15 AM
:eek: that is crazy!

And we can make it longer and wider if need be. Come on Hank, you can make it. I could use your familiarity with CORE to see me through this. I think I've got it figured out but there is no substitute for experience.

Mike

mleemor60
2008.05.10, 02:14 PM
Check out the post over on the events forum under Diablo Sandwich Run for additional information about the location.

See everybody there

Mike

hrdrvr
2008.05.12, 07:59 AM
Nice track! I cant wait. Things are still looking good from my end. As long as nothing pops up with the wife or baby, Ill be there :D

pedrocamp
2008.05.12, 03:23 PM
Looking forward to meeting and running with our friends from around the area. Mike M has invited some guy from Texas to join us, Tabush - anybody heard of him? He's gonna come glue everybody's tires on.

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.05.13, 03:55 PM
It will be interesting to see how he likes the Monster

mleemor60
2008.05.14, 06:08 AM
4 days to the Diablo Run. To all the area guys, remember we are doing a track set up on Friday starting at 6:30 PM. If you are bringing track to share, be sure to have it marked in some way to insure return. We should have more than we need for the planned layout but track is like s#x, how much is too much. If anybody has a decent vaccuum cleaner please bring it along. I'm sure we will need it. This is just a general note to those of you that may not make it to the regular Thursday event at High Speed.

See everybody tomorrow, Friday nite and Saturday.

Mike

tommy_greeneyes
2008.05.14, 09:25 AM
4 days to the Diablo Run. To all the area guys, remember we are doing a track set up on Friday starting at 6:30 PM. If you are bringing track to share, be sure to have it marked in some way to insure return. We should have more than we need for the planned layout but track is like s#x, how much is too much. If anybody has a decent vaccuum cleaner please bring it along. I'm sure we will need it. This is just a general note to those of you that may not make it to the regular Thursday event at High Speed.

See everybody tomorrow, Friday nite and Saturday.

Mike

WoW , it sounds like you guys are about to have fun down there, I wish everyone luck and do not forget to have fun, i wish i never moved out of north carolina, good luck drivers, Do not forget to take PICTURES to put up on the Mini-z forums ,

mleemor60
2008.05.14, 11:20 AM
You know you can come back, even if it's just for the race.

pick
2008.05.14, 08:12 PM
Looking forward to meeting and running with our friends from around the area. Mike M has invited some guy from Texas to join us, Tabush - anybody heard of him? He's gonna come glue everybody's tires on.

Pedro

Tabush......, Tabush........, HOLY CRAP!!! OK, let's see you've got that Tabush cat and others coming in from out of state. Rodney, Todd, Wade's crew, and that Pedro dude (don't vote for Pedro!) will be there as usual:eek:. I guess I'll hold the umbrella for the drivers:rolleyes:. Wait a minute, it's indoors with a/c :(. I've got it, I'll just bring out my secret weapon :). However, I still don't have a secret weapon according to my to do list :(. Hmmmmm, maybe Mike needs help running the lap timer:D. Talking bout a crazy big track with some crazy fast drivers:eek:, how could you miss this?
James

mleemor60
2008.05.14, 08:23 PM
James,
What time do you propose to have the gate open on Friday so the festivities can commence? Are you familiar enough with the area to know who might deliver large round equally devided into slices sustenance for us to nosh on while we construct the future scene of high speed pursuit?

tommy_greeneyes
2008.05.15, 10:09 AM
Tabush......, Tabush........, HOLY CRAP!!! OK, let's see you've got that Tabush cat and others coming in from out of state. Rodney, Todd, Wade's crew, and that Pedro dude (don't vote for Pedro!) will be there as usual:eek:. I guess I'll hold the umbrella for the drivers:rolleyes:. Wait a minute, it's indoors with a/c :(. I've got it, I'll just bring out my secret weapon :). However, I still don't have a secret weapon according to my to do list :(. Hmmmmm, maybe Mike needs help running the lap timer:D. Talking bout a crazy big track with some crazy fast drivers:eek:, how could you miss this?
James

Hey james,

what is wrong man ,do not feel so sad:(, lol I can away come back down to north carolina and you can hold the umbrella for me:p . I can chase you with my Lemon yellow car and beat you guys again, hehehehehe ,Just have fun at the races, Its good to see you guys are having fun. i miss everyone, but i like to put my money on Pedro and Cristian Tabush on the A-main,

pedrocamp
2008.05.15, 12:13 PM
The safe bet rides with Tabush. Gonna be fun. You always get faster when you run with quick guys, should be a great field. Come on down Tommy and mix it up...
To bad Kyosho doesn't make a black and gold Pontiac Trans Am Autoscale!

pick
2008.05.15, 04:07 PM
Hey dude, just doing the best I can with what I got :cool:. And Tommy, I think your lime car magnetizes the front bumper of mine with the railing :eek:. I'd be proud to hold your umbrella :). Hey Mike, I'm sure we can find something to eat. As you can see, I'm not underfed :D. I'm open to whatever on setup time, we'll talk tonight.
James

mleemor60
2008.05.15, 08:02 PM
Just left the Hobby Shop with a box of parts and tires that will be for sale at the event if anybody needs anything minor.

See everybody friday evening for setup and saturday for the races.

Mike

pedrocamp
2008.05.15, 08:59 PM
Man I hate missing a race night. Hope you had fun, look forward to seeing the results. I will make a large print of the track to aid setup tomorrow evening. Are Norm and Todd coming with track Friday, Jay?

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.05.16, 06:59 AM
The Diablo Run is tomorrow. I hope we have all the what if's worked out. This event is just for fun but the smoother the better. After all, we don't want to look slack in front of our visitors. See everybody between 6-6:30 this afternoon at the site for set up.

Huge turn out last night at HS. Good to see Aaron(baseball?) and Michael H. not to mention Michael F. again. After all his and Todd's good work with the AMB system, maybe I can co-erce Michael H into studying up on and helping with the CORE system.

See ya there,

Mike

pick
2008.05.16, 09:19 AM
Man I hate missing a race night. Hope you had fun, look forward to seeing the results. I will make a large print of the track to aid setup tomorrow evening. Are Norm and Todd coming with track Friday, Jay?

Pedro

Pedro,
Talked with everyone donating track and seem to be no problems attending tonight. Also as a backup I spoke with Fred. Fred agreed to help tonight and also said we could use some of his track if we come up short. His place of business is fairly close to the event.
James

Flashsp-2
2008.05.16, 09:27 AM
You cats better get some good videos of this event, I am looking forward to it...

hrdrvr
2008.05.16, 09:34 AM
Ill be carrying my video camera. Hopefully Ill be racing and not filming, but Ill have the tripod as well :D

mleemor60
2008.05.16, 09:42 AM
I understand that your Dad is picking up your parts order from High Speed. If anything changes call me and I'll get it. I will be stopping by there later today with CT just so he can see the place. Ckeck pm for phone number.

mleemor60
2008.05.17, 05:12 AM
The Diablo Run is today. I should be on my way to the track right now but am moving slow after a late night at the track. Everyone likes the set up. Many pictures to follow event.

I'm sure that lap times will improve with practice but right now the best lap is a 17.04 seconds. We are hoping that a lap in the high 14's is possible.

See ya there

Mike

pinoyboy
2008.05.17, 05:29 AM
Have fun guys:(

kwsmith29
2008.05.18, 08:22 AM
WOW!

Super turn out and what a a great bunch of people. Track was huge and fast. If you didn't make you missed a great time and some even better racing. Can't wait to do it again.

I want to say thanks to James for making the arrangments for the facilities. I've benn racing for many years and never raced at a temporary facility that worked out better. Running water, electricty, plenty of pit space, and AC. Awsome.

Thanks James.....

And, Thanks to Mike and Mrs. Mike(sorry i don't remerber your name:)) for the smooth running of race day and the good eats. For your first time with the CORE system it went great. It's a very nice system.

Thanks to Mike and Mrs. Mike.....

And, Thanks to everyone that brough the tracks and other goodies to put the show on.....

pedrocamp
2008.05.18, 09:29 AM
I have to say that for our first off site (High Speed Hobbies) event, it went quite well. We had a great turnout, fast racing and good laughs. Thanks to James "T. Justice" for providing the site, better than some permanent RC facilities I'd been to. Many thanks to Debbie and Mike Morse for providing timing and organization. Not only did Mike graciously offer his Core Timing system for our use, he took on the often frustrating job of running an event like this. Debbie and Mike did a great job of running the Core, especially for their first time. Thank you, thank you Debbie!
We had more track than we needed thanks to James, Mike, Jay, Norm and Todd from SC (did I forget anyone?). Thanks to Wade and Fred for "technical assistance".
Thanks to Landon from Myrtle Beach for making the drive, great guy and fast racer. Hope we can make it to your track sometime, hey it's Myrtle Beach.
Many thanks to Cristian Tabush for coming out to our little local event. He is obviously a fast and talented racer but proved he was a great guy as well. He gave us advice on track layout and Core setup. He was very generous with his time and wealth of Mini Z knowledge and experience. Don't think there was one racer he didn't help or talk to. He even loaned out one of his cars! I know he made a lot of friends here in NC, not to mention Reflex Racing customers. I highly recommend Reflex Racing when you need speed!

Pictures and video posted soon!

Thanks again to all, Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.05.19, 08:00 AM
I understand that your Dad is picking up your parts order from High Speed. If anything changes call me and I'll get it. I will be stopping by there later today with CT just so he can see the place. Ckeck pm for phone number.

I didnt check this thread before leaving to head up there. Thanks for the offer, but I got every thing through my dad. He needed an excuse to go by HSH and check out the stock, and you guys regular racing spot :D

Also, youve got PM now ;)

Have fun guys:(

Hank, It was a great day of racing.....sorry you missed it. When you told me these guys were fast, you werent lying :)

Thanks a lot for inviting me and letting me come race with y'all. It was by far the biggest track Ive ever run on, and the most fun and competetive racing Ive been involved in. Your whole group is made up of talented, fast racers. You guys should all feel lucky to have such a large competetive group to run with on a regular basis. Any time any of you are down around the beach come check us out.

Special thanks to Mike (and his wife) for taking the time from racing to run the lap timer. It turned out to be quite a task, but overall went very smooth. Thanks also for grabbing up the food so every one could have maximum amount of track time and still get some nurishment! I wouldnt have made it through the day otherwise :D

Another special thanks to Cristian. This guy is top notch in every way. He just exudes positivity, professionalism and politeness like no one else Ive ever met. Like Pedro said, he got involved with every one, and tried to help out and offer advice to any one who asked (myself included :D). His cars were awesomely set up and he was a treat to watch drive. His mod car was a couple clicks faster than any one elses and he managed to handle it near flawlessly through each of the qualifiers and the main. I was totally impressed also at how polite he was over taking people. He flew by me seemingly effortlessly in the mod main without missing a beat, even when I felt like I was in position to fend him off for a turn or two.

Also, thanks to James for getting the place lined up. You guys should really consider doing this more often if this place is always available. Thanks also for the set up tips on the F1. Maybe Ill get more comfortable with that car and next time I come, I can run that class too.

Overall, Im very glad I came out. It turned out to be quite a long day making the trip all in one. I got home a little before 11 pm, which was late. Suprisingly, my wife was very happy to see me and didnt lay any guilt trips on me or anything :p

I cant wait to see what video footage you guys caught. I got some decent stuff from the end of the straight, but didnt catch any compete races. Cristian tried to help me on the stock A-main, but said he had a little problem getting the recording started. I havent checked it out to see what all got taped yet. Ill put my clips and pics together and get them posted a little later. I wish I could have got more on film, but I was too busy racing to worry about filming. I had to take every available second of practice and set up time to keep up with you guys :D Next time maybe Ill drag along a camera crew to help out :p

You guys were all awesome. I didnt get to meet every one, but the ones I did get to chat with were very cool guys. Please pass the word along to the guys that dont visit MZR, that every one is welcome down at the MB track.
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28267

Landon

hrdrvr
2008.05.19, 01:06 PM
Got the pics uploaded. This was an awesome track. Whoever layed it out (I heard Pedro's name mentioned) did a great job setting it up. It had the right balance of high speed, technical, and flowing areas, IMO. We couldnt have asked for a better set up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/2008-05-19074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/2008-05-19082.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/2008-05-19079.jpg

Video to follow shortly.....

Tjay
2008.05.19, 03:00 PM
That is one big layout! Thanks for sharing the pics.

... waiting for vids :).

tommy_greeneyes
2008.05.19, 04:02 PM
That one cool lay out, :D

fredz28
2008.05.19, 06:49 PM
Thanks to all who helped it was a great event. It was nice to see such great competition and sportsmanship. You have a great core group of racers. Thanks
again and hope to race with you again.
Fred:cool:

tribe
2008.05.19, 07:23 PM
Thank you to everyone involved in putting on this great event - especially Mike and his wife for running the race operations (and getting pizza!) and James for providing the site. I wish I could have stayed for the mains, but family duties come first (or at least a close 2nd to mini-z). Anyways, I would have just been a pylon for most of you to go around!

I have a video from my phone, so the quality is not great, but will give you an impression about the event. I recorded one of Christian's lap, not that you can tell from the video except for he's going real fast.

eep24
2008.05.19, 08:08 PM
I had a great time at the Diable Sandwich Run. Even though i just started racing at High Speed Hobbies I felt very welcomed there. I really appreciate everyones help with setting up my car and radio. I feel that the event was a great success and look forward to doing it again. I hope to see everyone again soon. Thanks again for all the help and the invitation to come. Earl
P.S. Mike did a great job with the counting system.

pedrocamp
2008.05.19, 08:26 PM
stock A Main
Pos Driver Laps Time Best
1 Pedro 29 8:04.42 15.30
2 Rodney 28 8:08.81 14.88
3 Josh 28 8:15.01 15.60
4 Todd W 28 8:15.44 15.39
5 Landon 26 8:15.74 16.09
6 Wade 18 6:24.01 15.05

stock B Main
1 Wade 28 8:12.49 15.14
2 James 26 8:12.86 16.79
3 Conner 24 8:13.57 18.38
4 Fred 23 8:19.37 16.95
5 Jay 22 8:07.06 18.61
6 Norman 15 4.54.75 17.13

stock C Main
1 Norman 25 8:10.10 17.03
2 Rylan 24 8:21.30 17.58
3 Dale 22 8:05.48 17.90
4 Earl 21 8:12.09 17.81

mod A Main
1 Cristian 33 8:04.50 13.73
2 Pedro 30 8:10.66 14.88
3 Landon 29 8:07.66 15.49
4 Rodney 28 8:13.57 14.87
5 Todd W 28 8:15.22 15.52
6 Wade 24 8:02.80 15.37

mod B Main
1 Rodney 29 8:10.38 14.92
2 James 26 8:21.68 15.92
3 Norman 25 8:13.24 16.54
4 Earl 23 8:18.98 18.59

mod C Main
1 Norman 26 8:20.40 16.88
2 Fred 25 8:12.96 16.06
3 Todd G 23 8:08.85 17.63
4 Jay 22 8:20.38 19.25

f1 Open A Main
1 Cristian 30 8:01.70 14.16
2 Rodney 30 8:06.68 14.50
3 Pedro 29 8:18.47 15.34
4 Todd W 26 8:13.31 16.32
5 James 26 8:16.57 16.02
6 Wade 23 8:22.90 15.30

f1 Open B Main
1 Wade 27 8:04.21 16.05
2 Earl 22 8:08.99 19.29
3 Jay 22 8:18.17 19.15
4 Josh 12 4:45.65 19.24

pedrocamp
2008.05.19, 08:31 PM
Excel didn't transfer well, did it? Sorry about the jumble. We had a few more drivers like Bob L and Michael H that couldn't stay for the Mains. Hope you had a good time regardless!

Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.05.20, 02:15 PM
Looks easy enough for me to follow. Its better than not knowing whos number represents who :p

I cant say enough how good of a time I had running with you guys. I cant wait to do it again. Ive been talking about it for 3 days straight now :D

Here are the videos I promised. Once I got them uploaded to the web, they lost quite a bit of their quality. You can kind of tell who is who. Ive got them seperated by class, but the clips are in no particular order. I tried to describe them the best I could, but not being too familiar with every one and the cars they drive makes it kind of hard for me to tell which clips are from what heat/main. Here they are none-the-less.

F1 - qualifying clips
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/th_15eb085d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/?action=view&current=15eb085d.pbr)

Stock - qualifying clips
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/th_f4c0cf85.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/?action=view&current=f4c0cf85.pbr)

This was one of the mod mains, but IDK if it is the B or C. Id imagine it was the B as I was a marshall for the C, but Im not %100 sure.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/th_4688561b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/Diable%20fun%20run%20-%20Charlotte%20NC/?action=view&current=4688561b.pbr)

Ive got another 2 videos to get onto youtube. They are too big for PB. One of them is the stock A-main whcih Im a little emarrassed to post (I didnt do too well :D), and the other is one of the F1 qualifying heats that I believe CT was running in. Ill try and get them up by tommorrow, but no promises. Ive got a busy afternoon ahead of me, and a busy morning tommorrow as well.

pedrocamp
2008.05.21, 11:12 AM
Few pictures from the Event.
Cristian's P28, very sweet.
CT showing us how it's done.
James "I swear that car stuffs itself!".
James, Norman (with driving hat) and Mike (our timekeeper, with Debbie's help of course).
Drivers on stands.

eep24
2008.05.22, 09:10 PM
I cant figure out how to post pics. is there a certain way to do this? Thanks Earl

TG64
2008.05.22, 10:05 PM
I had a great time running last weekend. Just now getting my batteries recharged both literally and figuratively. I hope we can do it again. It will be tough to go back down to a "normal size track.:rolleyes:

I put our track back together tonight and ended up down a piece and up 2 others. I am missing an outside corner. I ended up with a straight that I believe is Mike's and an inside corner that is not marked maybe Jays?. I will bring them the next time we run back up in China Grove. Hopefully someone will find my missing piece. Let me know when you start back up at High Speed.

Thanks to every one that posted pictures and video. I didn't take many pictures and they didn't turn out so good.

Todd G

pedrocamp
2008.05.23, 05:50 AM
Earl,

Go to post reply and use Manage Attachments. There is a size limit. I have not posted an image that shows up in the post, could anyone explain how to do that?

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2008.05.23, 08:47 AM
I am in possesion of an outside corner SC. I will bring it to the track next race or I could mail it or you could invite me to your track or you could come to my track. Here are your options. Let me know.

Jay V

hrdrvr
2008.05.23, 09:48 AM
Earl and Pedro,
The easiest way to get pic displayed in the post is by using the gallery here, or an outside free hosting site.

I use phoobucket as it is free, very easy to use, and there arent any ads that come along with it. Other members on this site use Imageshack, but everytime I click one of their pictures (to get the full view) I get a pop-up or two.

You can set photobucket to automatically resize your pictures, so you dont have to manually. Its a very convinient feature. Also, while Id like to support the gallery here, I keep a lot of pictures online that would be considered off topic. Id rather keep all of my pictures together no matter the subject :D

Here is a link to photobuckets main page: http://photobucket.com/

Once you get pictures uploaded to it, there will be an IMG tag under it. You copy that and paste it into your post and it will be visible.

Here is a link to my phobucket page for MiniZs. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/ You can see how each image has the two tags underneath. The 'IMG code' is for displaying the image in a post, and the 'Direct Link' is just that, a link to the image. At the bottom of this, I will attach and image, so that you can quote my message and see what the text will look like in your post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-05-01013.jpg

CristianTabush
2008.05.23, 10:43 AM
Guys, I had a blast at the race. I am working on a little write up for our site, should be up today... I have quite a few pics that came out pretty decent as well. Again thanks to Mike, James and Pedro for organizing this and especially for all of your hospitality. The attitude, sportsmanship and camaraderie of racing groups like yours is the reason why I believe ther is such a big future in Mini-Z Racing.

nbon
2008.05.23, 02:46 PM
Your are welcome to our track any time...... Where is your track? I think we have a part of your trak as well, it isn't marked, but I think it is yours. How about sending me your phone number and I will make some arrangements for the track exchange. Norman B. SC nbon@comporium.net 803-802-8994

mleemor60
2008.05.25, 08:05 AM
I have been on the road pretty much since the event. I haven't set anything back up at home so I don't know if I am missing or have anything that I shouldn't have. Will check before Thursday. Are we racing?

Cristian, thanks for attending. Having been a guest you now have an open invitation and accomadations to return.

I appreciate the thanks I have been given for the event. I don't really deserve them. It was a group effort. If anyone deserves special thanks it would be my wife Debbie. It absolutely would not have happened without her. She got us through it. I just don't have the computer skills to pull it off.

I am getting out of area requests for DiabloII. What does everybody think?

See ya Thursday
Mike

CristianTabush
2008.05.26, 12:14 AM
The report is up! Check it out with tons of pics!

www.reflexracing.net/Diablo_race.asp

pedrocamp
2008.05.26, 10:41 AM
Thanks Cristian,

Very cool to have you come over for our race. We all learned alot from you, thanks for your time and willingness to answer 10,000 questions...
We are all excited to do it again. Diablo II anyone?
I also have to say I just moved to Charlotte from Chicago last Jan and feel lucky to have found such a great racing group at High Speed Hobbies. A friendly and fast bunch of racers. I recommend anyone passing through Charlotte to pack your Minis and spend a fun Thursday night.

Pedro

pedrocamp
2008.05.26, 02:07 PM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/DrivingHat.jpg

pedrocamp
2008.05.26, 02:07 PM
Thanks Landon.

And Norman

nbon
2008.06.02, 02:30 PM
This is the best looking hat I have ever seen.....I think each MZ racer should have to get one of these, after all if it was good enough for Jackie Stewart it is good enough for me.

Norman

pick
2008.06.03, 08:48 PM
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you'd like such a hat :eek:! I bet it still won't make your car any faster :D!
James

dhamby123
2008.06.03, 10:18 PM
Wow man i wish i had my car looks like you guys had one big race day that track looks awsome man i cant wait rc its like a drug you can leave it for a bit but you always come back to it in some shape or form anyway mike looking forward to seeing you again i will be up thursday night to hang out i dont think the car will be here yet but im gonna come out and at least marshall .

nbon
2008.06.04, 07:43 PM
You are killing me! What is the call for murder 10:13? ( I guess I should watch more law and order) I am going to bring the hat Thursday night, you're going down.......

Norman the Hammer Bonnette (ps, my mod car broke, so I am going to have to take the gold home with my pro-stock)

pedrocamp
2008.06.04, 09:08 PM
"Hat Night" at HSH! Thursday!

mleemor60
2008.06.05, 11:42 AM
This is the best looking hat I have ever seen.....I think each MZ racer should have to get one of these, after all if it was good enough for Jackie Stewart it is good enough for me.

Norman

I thought that the Wee Scot wore a plaid hat. The flying Scot wore the model that you have. Either way, tis a fine and dandy chapeau.

nbon
2008.06.05, 02:34 PM
Your are obviously a person with a high degree of style. Your understanding of fine head gear puts you in a class way above your fellow racers.

Norman

pedrocamp
2008.06.05, 09:41 PM
Norm shows up wearing a baseball CAP!
Is this his idea of STYLE?
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/bro-with-spinners-743378.jpg

pedrocamp
2008.06.05, 09:43 PM
Flying pimp daddy if you ask me.

nbon
2008.06.06, 05:48 AM
Pimp Daddy Bonnette' will be back in two weeks and he will be sporting his "race ready" vintage skull cap. It's classic speed design will be to much for the "top hat" to handle.

Norman The Hammer Bonnette........

pick
2008.06.06, 07:46 AM
I also was very surprised that after all that talk, Norm shows up wearing a hat very similar to something my 4 year old would wear :eek:! Oh well. And is it Norman "The Hammer" Bonnett, or Norman "I got hammered at HSH" while wearing a Bonnet :D? Just asking for clarification........
James

pedrocamp
2008.06.06, 08:19 AM
"A win tastes better with Blue Bonnett on it"

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/BlueBonnet.jpg

nbon
2008.06.06, 09:01 AM
Never fear Bonnette is here, and I will be back. First, you must have one gooooooood looking 4 yr old, second, I did get hammered; however the "hammering" is only forging me into an lean mean driving machine. Both you and Pedro better wear your asbestous underware next time, cause I am going to burn your b...s

NEBTH (Norman Elliott Bonnett The Hammer)

pick
2008.06.06, 12:19 PM
Burn our b...s, burn our b...s, hmmm. Starts with b, ends with s? I've got it! Hey Pedro, I think Norm's gonna cook some BURGERS :D!!! That wouild be great! I'm usually hungry on thursday nights :cool:. Could I get some cheese on mine to go along with Norm's whine :eek:? What do you want on your burger Pedro? So now race night at HSH could be grill night! Or maybe it would be more appropriately named ROAST night :D.
James

P.S. I wonder if Norm uses Blue Bonnet Butter when cooking?

pedrocamp
2008.06.06, 04:58 PM
Up in Wisconsin, Culver's sells a tasty butter burger, not a wimpy Blue Bonnette Burger like Norm is serving. Thanks anyway Hammer! Where's the beef?

nbon
2008.06.06, 05:58 PM
Wisconsin? What type of Mini Z tractors do they have there? Mini Z John Deere's, Mini Z International Harvesters?

Hey, how do you post pictures? I need to put a few more of my hat on line.....

You did good, top gun, you did good.

Norman

dhamby123
2008.07.09, 08:19 PM
Anybody know when you guys will be hosting the next one ?

mleemor60
2008.07.10, 09:59 AM
We're working on it. Stay tuned.