Hope ya'll can attend.

bump it up

pedrocamp
2008.05.08, 11:37 PM
Track layout, please plan to attend.

mleemor60
2008.05.09, 12:16 PM
Track layout, please plan to attend.

And remember, this is the smallest the the track will be.

CristianTabush
2008.05.09, 01:56 PM
Just booked my flight ;)

mleemor60
2008.05.09, 09:05 PM
It will be great to have you

mleemor60
2008.05.10, 09:51 AM
I have visited the site and I can safely say that the Wright Brothers could have easily conducted flight operations in 1/2 the building. I would bet that different races could be run at opposite ends without radio glitches.

Two different sites have been selected within the building. One on concrete lit by flourescent and Mercury Vapor(interstate hiway)lites. The other is a finished room on carpet with lots of natural lite as well as flourescents. All locations within the building have nearly unlimited access to electric with maybe only a short extension cord for convenience. There are numerous restroom facilities but don't expect the Hilton. We have 80,000 square feet of floorspace and about 2 square feet of table and chair space so to be safe bring at least what you need for yourself and any extra you might be able to provide. We will have a little extra for distance travellers(MB&ATL+Houston) but it will be limited. We are sorry for any inconvenience to you but remember, this event is a FUN RUN.

See you there.

Mike M, James P, Pedro C, Jay V and the rest of the crew from High Speed Hobbies

Oh, if anyone travelling needs specific parts, tires motors etc, contact the hobby shop. 1-800-357-9298 or 1-704-855-2940 and pre-order to receive a discount.

mleemor60
2008.05.13, 04:52 PM
Only 5 more days to the Diablo Run

hrdrvr
2008.05.14, 09:35 AM
With the diablo getting closer Ive come up with a few questions for you guys.

Do I need to bring a table and a chair? A chair wont be a problem, but the only folding table I could bring is 6 foot long. If I need to bring it to ensure a place to set up I will. Maybe some one else could share some of the space as well.

Ill be bringing an extension cord too.

Is there some where close by to grab a bite to eat, or should I pack a lunch?

What time will you be opening the doors on saturday for practice?

Do you guys have any type of schedule printed out? My dad is still thinking he wont have time to race (hes going to the NASCAR event), and I cant convince him otherwise. Maybe if I could show him which classes were running when, he would consider taking his cars up there.

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Just trying to make sure I dont leave anything out.

LMK if there is anything I could bring to help out, or if you can think of any items that are easy to forget :D

Landon

BTW, the 800 number listed for HSH says its disconnected. No big deal as I made it through on the regular number :D

mleemor60
2008.05.14, 12:18 PM
Landon,
We are going to try to provide table space for the travelers. It wont be a lot but should be close to what you use at your track. We will be open for practice at 8:00 ish with racing to start at noon. Can't say about running order yet. I suppose that will depend on participation in each class and the number of classes. I know some people want to make it to the big track as well. We will do our best to accomodate. Do bring a chair. There should be food available within a couple of blocks. We may get a group up and order Pizza delivered to avoid the possibilitiy of getting hung up in what I call a two clip neighborhood. That way we can stay fenced in.

I wasn't aware that the 800# didn't work or I would have left it out. While I'm at the regular race on Thursday I'll pick up your order and bring it to the track.

If there is anything else, just ask.

Mike

mleemor60
2008.05.14, 03:55 PM
Something else I forgot. If you have a milk crate, step stool or the like, it might be handy for a personal drivers stand. The track's approx dimensions are 45'x26'. It could wind up bigger. Unless your name is Yao, well, you get the idea. However, don't bring anything that will require the use of oxygen to climb.

mleemor60
2008.05.15, 07:15 AM
Only three days left til the Diablo run. Come on guy's. There has to be at least a 1/2 dozen things that have been overlooked. Jump in. The only bad question is the one not asked. We've covered tables, chairs extension cords, drivers elevation devices, food and restroom facilities, timing and scoring. The only additional thing I can think of at this time would be trash disposal. You will be responsible for your own. We will provide as best we can but remember, we are guests in the building. Lets leave it in at least as good condition as we found it. Who knows, we might want to use it again.

See ya there

Mike

pedrocamp
2008.05.15, 01:16 PM
Can of Whoop A** for James.

pick
2008.05.15, 05:09 PM
Can of Whoop A** for James.

I'll take a six pack and a bag of chips :D. You got any for sell Pedro?
James

pedrocamp
2008.05.15, 10:01 PM
Being the Diablo Run, I'd guess that'd be Coors...

pick
2008.05.16, 10:22 AM
Only if they're bootlegged from across state lines :D.
James

mleemor60
2008.05.16, 10:44 AM
Should this particular indulgence be covered on the release form?

pick
2008.05.16, 10:54 AM
Yeah, probably not a good idea. Just a good joke :D. I thought I was purchasing cans of Whoop A## from Pedro, not Coors :eek:?! Mini Z'ing While Impaired :confused:?
James

pedrocamp
2008.05.18, 08:24 PM
Many thanks to all who donated to and participated in the Diablo. It was fun, fast and we met and made some new friends. Thanks to Cristian Tabush from Reflex Racing. He came, helped with track and timing system setup, helped setup our cars and just very generous with his time and knowledge of Mini Z racing.
Thanks to Jim and Vicky from High Speed Hobbies who give us a great place to race on a weekly basis here in the Charlotte area. We hope to have more events like the Diablo in the future.
Please check the track forum for results, photos and videos.

Thanks, Pedro

ruf
2008.05.18, 09:24 PM
link: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303410#post303410

Glad you guys had fun! Cristian called and said he had a blast. Good group of racers you've got over there! :)

mleemor60
2008.05.19, 07:03 AM
Cristian was a credit to the event. I hope he posts his own reflections and the many pictures he took while here. He is welcome back as a racer and a guest anytime.

hrdrvr
2008.05.19, 09:09 AM
Cristian was a credit to the event. I hope he posts his own reflections and the many pictures he took while here.

I hope so too.

I posted my thoughts in the other forum as well, but cant say enough how much fun I had, and much I appreciate the invite, and the time/effort that you guys put into the event.