Pan Mod B Main
2WD Stock A Main
F1 Stock A Main
AWD Mod A Main
Pan Mod A Main
4:30 Prize Giving

mini-z
2008.04.20, 03:50 PM
Drivers...oh, and...Tony stepped on the track!!!

mini-z
2008.04.20, 03:54 PM
Cars...:cool:

mini-z
2008.04.20, 03:56 PM
The next generation of PN! :D

InZane
2008.04.20, 04:00 PM
Any results yet from todays qualifying?

As you may know I have a special interest in the Pan Car Class.

mini-z
2008.04.20, 04:29 PM
IZ, we're working on it - there's no convenient way to export them from the software, we're doing some screen caps right now though... :)

mini-z
2008.04.20, 05:59 PM
Here's the lineup:

mini-z
2008.04.20, 06:04 PM
Bill Crotty 39 8.04.973
Christian Tabush 39 8:05.641
Chad Nelson 39 8:10.446
Odysseus Cline 37 8:11.072
TJ Macabuhay 36 8:09.045
Joseph Chen 35 8:08.021

mini-z
2008.04.20, 06:16 PM
Bill Crotty 36 8.04.786
Willy Wong 35 8:06.465
Chad Nelson 35 8:13.096
Binh Do 34 8:00.960
Brian Stanley 33 8:09.365
Joseph Chen 32 8:07.915
Charles Lightfoot 29 8:01.476
Mike Zeko 29 8:02.443
Russ Forsyth 25 8:04.777

mini-z
2008.04.20, 06:19 PM
Christian Tabush 42 8:08.885
Steven Huynh 39 8:02.229
TJ Macabuhay 39 8:10.363
Bill Crotty 38 8:00.910
Willy Wong 13 3:30.631
Brian Bosley 0 0:00.000

mini-z
2008.04.20, 06:32 PM
Bill Crotty 39 8:10.466
Lukas Tobing 38 8:01.578
Chad Nelson 38 8:02.733
Christian Tabush 36 8:08.279
Rod Harris 35 8:05.182
Philip Ng 34 8:07.845

lfisminiz
2008.04.20, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Dave.:)

Hammer
2008.04.20, 06:54 PM
Great job covering events today. Thanks very much David! :D

bermbuster
2008.04.20, 07:10 PM
congrats to all the racers.....

pchan0
2008.04.20, 09:38 PM
Looks like Bill is on a roll for 2WD stock at any big race events, simply unbeatable. Congrats.

C. Tabush owns the 4WD. I want that set up!

Cherub1m
2008.04.20, 09:40 PM
Congrats everyone!!!

Also, don't underestimate the AWD, 3 laps ahead of every other class :D

mini-z
2008.04.20, 09:45 PM
The scary thing: C's setup was actually pretty much the same as everyone else's (except maybe the trick PN setup in front). :)

CristianTabush
2008.04.20, 11:26 PM
Bill did awesome overall. Congrats on the wins in 3 classes. I believe now the score is 5 to 1 in Bill's favor. ;P That man just drives mistake free, all the time. I simply had bad luck in the main. I had a much quicker car, but after finding myself 3/4 of a lap down after the first lap, it was hard to catch up. I managed to get within 1 second of Bill with 1 minute and 30 seconds left in the race, but had another wreck. With the cars running 70 turn stock motors making up time was very difficult. If I had just had 1 more lap I might have been able to pass Bill as our finish was very close after he was being very cautious and I was driving so hard. I did manage to be the only person consistently in the 11's in stock. Fast lap was a 11.4. The car was very good, my mistakes and Bill's consistent driving were the difference.

In AWD, my car was AMAZING!!! I just had sooo much corner speed and so much power thanks to Steve Villanueva and R1 Wurks batteries. My car was the only one to run 10 second laps as well with several 10.9s.

Pan Car was a bit frustrating. The set-up was never there on the low grip conditions, but even more to blame was my driving. I did manage the fastest laps in the class during the main with one or two 11.4's, but too many mistakes early took me out of contention again. We never found a good balance of front to rear tires under the track conditions, but considering this is only our third time out with the Inzane P28, we are not so disappointed. More set-up development is definitely on our plans to get this car an optimized standard set-up for RCP. Again, Bill just drove smoothly and made the least mistakes, he was the most consistent and smartest driver on the track in pretty much every class.

The event was awesome, super well organized, always on schedule down to the minute. It was so much fun to meet and greet with so many of the forum members and share stories, trade paint and ideas. Thanks to John, Philip and David for doing such a great job.

Cherub1m
2008.04.20, 11:40 PM
C. Tabush owns the 4WD. I want that set up!

Yes, I also want that set up.:D

CristianTabush
2008.04.20, 11:50 PM
Set-up will be published after the PNWC finals in Vegas later on this year ;)

J/K. Expect it this week.

JacobFeinstein
2008.04.20, 11:51 PM
Congratulations Cristian and Bill on a great performance.

Tjay
2008.04.21, 02:14 AM
just got back from a 6 hour drive...

Great event! People were friendly and the event was very organized. I'm glad I participated on this event although I was sick the entire weekend and only had an hour of sleep on Saturday... I'll still do it again :D! I had so much fun this weekend and I can't wait for the PN Worlds...

Congrats to everyone who participated on this event and thanks to Binh of ILR and his crew, CT and Joe of Reflex Racing, Rod of PN racing and those who helped me with my set-up!

herman
2008.04.21, 02:45 AM
congrats tj... looks like you got to finally meet nml (rod)...

bcpzx3
2008.04.21, 04:22 AM
The InsideLine Racing guys just made it home. I had a great time, really exciting and everyone was friendly. All the guys rocking the white PN racing shirts made us ILR guys feel welcome. I took a few pictures, and will post it up after i wake up.

Davey G
2008.04.21, 08:20 AM
I heard rumor that Bill Crotty was using TEAM SCREAM cells in his cars...can anyone confirm??

Tjay
2008.04.21, 11:31 AM
Yes, Dave. He was using both Orion 900s and Team Scream cells.

wcrotty
2008.04.21, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

I just woke up after flying all night. Great job on the race to Philip and the PN crew and John from RCP. Thanks for putting on a quality race that ran flawlessly for two days. It was great meeting the Cali crew, and Utah Crew they were some of the most courteous drivers i have ever raced with. Cristian, great job all weekend, if not for a couple bad breaks you would have had 3 wins hands down. I just wish my AWD wasn't so bad in the main so i could have made a race out of it. The grip of the track came in and it was to much for my setup. I needed a different front tire on it for the main.

Dave G, Yes i was representing TEAM SCREAM this weekend and i loved the cells. They propelled me to 2 TQs and 3 wins for the weekend. My Team Orion cells i used for practice so i could keep my Team Scream cells fresh. Running 4 classes i miss calculated the number of packs i would need because of the track conditions. The track was changing all day and i was going out as much as i could to try different setups. Thanks to John from Team Scream for sending me some awesome cells for the weekend.

Thanks again for hosting a great race and everyone that showed up to represent our hobby. We had some of the Top drivers of all time stopping by to check it out. Joel Johnson and Jill Losi Jr. They had nothing but positive things to say about the Mini-z cars.

Tjay
2008.04.21, 01:03 PM
quick pic...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC02983.jpg?t=1208800808

benmlee
2008.04.21, 03:10 PM
Stock A Main was quite a finish. Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9vn1aCq_U

Hammer
2008.04.21, 03:25 PM
Stock A Main was quite a finish. Here is a video.THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :D:D:D

Great video and very exciting. Exactly what I would have expected, given the list of drivers there. Thanks again for posting the video! :)

Hammer
2008.04.21, 03:36 PM
quick pic...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC02983.jpg?t=1208800808Tjay, nice pic.

I recognize some of the faces, but it would be nice to have a legend as it were. As the participants get home and check this thread it would be cool if they could post their location in the drivers photo. :cool: Front row, middle row, back row, third from the right, etc. :D

DJ Kyosho
2008.04.21, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear you guys from out of town got home safely. Nice to meet everyone, you guys are all cool. Thanks to Philip and RCP for organizing this event. This is my 1st race outside kenon and I really enjoyed it.

Lucas, congrats on your 2nd place finish in pan car! Joe, thanks for giving me the wheels and Reflex Racing SSG 2WD tires from your car for the main and for dinner :D

mikez
2008.04.21, 05:41 PM
Thanks everybody for putting this event together. I loved how organized and thought out this race was. Hope we can do it again next year!:) Also thanks to Joe for hooking me up with some of his new reflex racing SSG tiers; there now my favorite tire. Sorry I missed the group photo.:o -mike

RCPMini-z
2008.04.21, 06:35 PM
Some pics of the winners. I am hosting and posting as I go, so give me a little time to get them all up.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5075/rcpwestcoasths6.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3194/rcpwestcoast2nl6.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9877/rcp3av7.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4316/rcp4xl0.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6782/rcp5zt8.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8437/rcp6bf5.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8466/rcp8os5.jpg

Tjay
2008.04.21, 06:38 PM
AWD mod...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC03070.jpg?t=1208821017

wcrotty
2008.04.21, 08:03 PM
Stock A Main was quite a finish. Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9vn1aCq_U

Wow when i watch the video i get back that feeling i had on the last 2 min of that race. I keep telling my self not to mess up and hit anything. I still think it might happen every time i watch it and i hold my breath.

DAMZer
2008.04.21, 08:23 PM
Wild Bill, or should I say Wise Bill.......still smart and clean I see...... CONGRATS....do you remember that first Vegas race years ago??

wcrotty
2008.04.21, 10:07 PM
Wild Bill, or should I say Wise Bill.......still smart and clean I see...... CONGRATS....do you remember that first Vegas race years ago??

Thanks Damzer.

Ya the first kyosho cup in Vegas was great. We had drivers from all over the US come to that race. If i remember FL UT SC CA NV NH NY.....did i miss any?

I can't wait for Vegas this year.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 10:07 PM
Pics of almost everyone.

1st pic: the cool Scott Jakes (Pro-Z)
2nd pic: Charles Lightfoot (SoCal)
3rd pic: Practice runs by Bill Crotty, Roy Tolentino, and DJ Kyosho
4th pic: Track Layout (side view)
5th pic: Track Layout (side view)

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 10:10 PM
more pics from RCX

1st pic: Random
2nd pic: David (MZR.com), PN Man, Rod "the Silverleaf & Orange" Harris
3rd pic: Socal's up and coming driver. Rooky year, late 2007
4th pic: Part of the bay area crew (Modo, I believe, Stephen, and PHEA)
5th pic: another random pic

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 10:12 PM
More pics from RCX

1st Pic: Rod Harris w/ the Silverleaf and orange hat
2nd pic: BashnThrash, and BriankStan (Where's Nic-z?)
3rd pic: Lucas Tobing working on his car.
4th pic: Breakfast of champions!
5th pic: Track layout

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 10:18 PM
More pics from 04/20 RCX

1st pic: Racer meditating between heats.
2nd pic: From the right, Charles Monette, DJ Kyosho, Bob Dougherty, Ben Lee, Roy Tolentino
3rd pic: TJ Macabuhay, Willy Wong, the World Champ, the other World Champ, Stephen from bay area
4th pic: You all know who they are.
5th pic: Mr. Monette and his lovely wife.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 10:21 PM
More pics from RCX 04/20/08

1st pic: DJ Kyosho, NML, R1Wurks, R1Wurks' dad
2nd pic: Philip Ng (PN Racing), DJ Kyosho, John (RCP Tracks), Uncle Tony, NML, (David Minizracer.com)
3rd pic: Same as 2nd pic

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.21, 11:04 PM
I had a blast! It's a pleasure meeting all of you guys.

Special thanks to the following peops: PN Racing, John/RCP, Joe Chen, Christian Tabush, R1Wurks, Scott Jakes (Pro-Z), Rod Harris, Bay area crew,
Utah boys, and last but not least, DJ Kyosho.

It was my first ever major race. I was never really into racing. I always enjoyed building motors, and the tinkering side of it, but I think the RCX event gave this hobby a new meaning to me. I can truly appreciate the skills that these top guys put out there. I'm very impressed with how they maintain their compusure under a lot pressure during racing. My knees were shaking like crazy when I was up there.

I also liked the fact the everyone was cool with everyone. Nobody was ****y, including the world champs and top dogs. It was fun. The guys who couldn't make it definitely missed out.

there were a few tense moments, but overall, everone was cool.

I got to run the 56 mph DTM, and the 45 mph Pro-Z, sorry, no videos. Just witnesses. Crashed the Pro-Z, ended up with a bent axle, Fried the batteries on my DTM, good thing it didn't explode.

Z_408
2008.04.22, 12:57 AM
I want to thank everyone that was involved with this event. It was very well organized and fun. All the guys at ILR loved it and we will be back next year. It was great to meet some of the folks from the forums, sorry I did not get a chance to meet everyone. Thanks again for a good time.

rharris
2008.04.22, 12:58 AM
Wow, what a blast that was. I knew it would be fun, but that was off the hook.

I wanted to thank NML for all his help running the heats. I'm still cracking up over his rap on the mike.

And a big thank you to the Salt Lake gang (Brian and Russ) for helping set up on Friday. Work turns into fun when you have good people along side you.

Of course a very big THANK YOU to RCP (John) and PN (Philip) for putting on such a cool race rite smack in the middle of the best hobby show in the country.

For all the guys who helped tear down, (just about every top driver at the track was willing to pitch in and help) thanks.

Thanks again to everyone who attended. Every heat went off without incident and on time. You guys are all pros.

I also wanted to mention that we got a lot of comments from folks at the RCX show about how well things were running and how well all the drivers worked together. There is something to be said for the Mini-Z culture. Top notch skill level and great attitudes all around.

You guys are all a credit to the hobby. To quote Bill Crotty "What's to be upset about, we're racing toy cars".

Can't wait till Vagas. Now if I can only manage to qualify to race there. :D

briankstan
2008.04.22, 01:45 AM
hey guys, I just got home. Wow What a weekend. I'm not going to post much now, I'll be headed to bed shortly.

Special thanks to John(RCP) for for putting this thing together, it was an absolute blast.

Phillip (PN Racing) put on a very organized and fun event. it was nice to chat will you and meet you family.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and talking setups, thanks to Rharris and Wcrotty for talking setups with me. I hope to gain some precious time on you now :D.

Rod (NML) sorry we didn't make dinner, I kind of got 2 plans mixed up, we'll catch you guys next time. it was great putting names and faces together.

oh, in the group picture. I'm second row, on the far left side in the black RCP shirt.

More comments to come.

I have tons of pictures, and I have all the A mains on video. I'll be posting them up as well.

I'll have to filter through and see what Mini-Z has already posted as he dumped my camera cards to post the pics.

thanks again to all those that organized, ran and participated in this event. It was the bomb!!

bcpzx3
2008.04.22, 02:22 AM
Here are my pictures of the event, everyone was really friendly. I didn't get to properly introduce myself to John, but thanks again for giving me the opportunity to race at RCX. also had a lot of fun hanging out with the guys reppin the PN shirts. Congrats to Lukas for taking 2nd, and Rod for making a insane motor. We were on a tight schedule so I wasn't able to try and setup a celebration dinner with you guys, but next time we'll try to do it.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28307

ambind
2008.04.22, 03:24 AM
wow! This is one of the smoothest event I've ever been to. It was right on schedule, everybody was so nice and had so much fun. Thanks to Phillip and John for made it happen, also to all PN crews and all the drivers, San Jose, Utah, NJ, TX and i'm sure I miss lots of names, I felt kinda bump that I haven't got time to introuduce my self at the race, I had so much problems with my car on Sat that requried more wrenching than I expected, other than that, I had a blast, it was a great experience for me to share the driver stand with these guys in the main. San Jose and Utah crews, it was nice to see you guys there, also Bill and Christian nice to finally meet you! I'm looking forward for more miniz events like this, I'd definitely do it again no doubt, like Rod Harris stated, "There is something to be said for the Mini-Z culture", it is different vibe, cool people and great racing! Thanks guys!

Lucas

p.s: Joe, you should consider being a full time race announcer . Thanks for keeping the races so intense!:D

ambind
2008.04.22, 03:30 AM
Glad to hear you guys from out of town got home safely. Nice to meet everyone, you guys are all cool. Thanks to Philip and RCP for organizing this event. This is my 1st race outside kenon and I really enjoyed it.

Lucas, congrats on your 2nd place finish in pan car! Joe, thanks for giving me the wheels and Reflex Racing SSG 2WD tires from your car for the main and for dinner :D

Thanks brother man...don't bet on me again next time..you're killing me :D

Here are my pictures of the event, everyone was really friendly. I didn't get to properly introduce myself to John, but thanks again for giving me the opportunity to race at RCX. also had a lot of fun hanging out with the guys reppin the PN shirts. Congrats to Lukas for taking 2nd, and Rod for making a insane motor. We were on a tight schedule so I wasn't able to try and setup a celebration dinner with you guys, but next time we'll try to do it.

thanks man..Tony is that you? glad to see you made it home safe :)

RCPMini-z
2008.04.22, 09:03 AM
Thank you to all that participated. It was a great two days. Your professionalism and skills help make this hobby and our track products shine. A big thanks to Philip and the Kenon staff as well as Rod Harris as for without them this race event would never have run so smooth. All of that credit goes to them for everything running flawlessly. Thanks Brian, Russ and Rod for helping on set up day. I am usually running around like crazy at previous shows building other track displays for Kyosho and you made my job this weekend very easy. Thanks David (Tinyrc-Mini-z) for making the trip out to the show. It was nice to have you there representing mini-zracer.com, Tinyrc.com and minirccrawler.com. Thanks for all of you who helped out with announcing play by play throughout some of the races. I am not sure who all had time at the mic, but you know who you are. For anyone who missed the event, go to www.pnracing.com and find out about participating in one of the regional PN World Cup events to qualify for the championship race in Las Vegas come November. I am sure you will be treated to the same type of atmosphere as we had at rcx.

See you in 2009 for the next RCP West Coast Challenge at RCX!

bcpzx3
2008.04.22, 11:24 AM
thanks man..Tony is that you? glad to see you made it home safe :)

Yeah its me, hope you have a safe trip over here and bring your mini-z. Give me more details about the race at mission college and i'll swing by to watch it.

Tjay
2008.04.22, 06:11 PM
Can anyone post up the results on all the heats including the A-mains? I didn't get to see some of my time. Thanks!

mini-z
2008.04.22, 08:20 PM
TJ, I don't have the others, but A main results are on the first page of this thread. :)

mini-z
2008.04.22, 08:23 PM
I have tons of pictures, and I have all the A mains on video. I'll be posting them up as well.

I'll have to filter through and see what Mini-Z has already posted as he dumped my camera cards to post the pics.

bks, I have most of the pics labeled and resized (did it on the plane(s)!), I had expected to upload them last night, or worst case today, but I'm in major catch-up mode after the trip; I should have them in the MZR gallery tomorrow. I only did the dNaNo, MZR-related and crawler pics - I didn't do the ones from the other areas of the show (drifting, pllanes, trains etc.). Anyway, I do have most of them prepped and should have them up tomorrow! :)

crazyracer
2008.04.22, 08:36 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/2WD_Stock_Final_A.html
http://www.pnracing.us/2WD_Stock_Final_B.html
http://www.pnracing.us/2WD_Stock_Final_C.html
http://www.pnracing.us/2WD_Stock_Final_D.html

http://www.pnracing.us/F1_Stock_Final_A.html

http://www.pnracing.us/AWD_Mod_Final_A.html
http://www.pnracing.us/AWD_Mod_Final_B.html

http://www.pnracing.us/Pan_Mod_Final_A.html
http://www.pnracing.us/Pan_Mod_Final_B.html

Cherub1m
2008.04.22, 09:30 PM
Just wondering what chassis did drivers use for the Pan mod. class? I know Cristian used the Inzane car but what about Bill, Scott(Iam guessing he used his pocket knife V8), Bill, Lukas, Chad, Rod, Philip, Mike, Jon, Kalani, Cuyson, Bosley. Did everyone else use Miniz's?

herman
2008.04.23, 12:16 AM
nml...
thanks for posting all the pics... at least i know what some of you guys look like :D

and thanks for posting all the reports :D
i had a blast just reading them... :D

briankstan
2008.04.23, 12:30 AM
Just wondering what chassis did drivers use for the Pan mod. class? I know Cristian used the Inzane car but what about Bill, Scott(Iam guessing he used his pocket knife V8), Bill, Lukas, Chad, Rod, Philip, Mike, Jon, Kalani, Cuyson, Bosley. Did everyone else use Miniz's?

Wcrotty was running a MR-02 with the same setup as his stock class car. I didn't get all the details, hopefully he will chime in with the setup.

DJ Kyosho
2008.04.23, 02:04 AM

Jon (me), Mike, Kalani, Cuyson (NML), Lukas (ambind) and Philip used mini-zs. I don't know about the rest.

wcrotty
2008.04.23, 09:36 AM

I was running my 94 mm mid mount setup.

1 deg caster PN
2 deg camber PN
0 offset front rims PN
PN-RSF 8 front tires (had to change fronts all weekend for different track conditions)
Yellow PN front springs.
Stock toe bar

PN dampening plate with blue springs top and bottom.
Losi Hydro fluid MED for dampening.
Atomic 2.8mm DPS mount
PN 94 mm pod
Kyosho ball diff with PN 64 pitch gears 57/11
PN RRR06 tires
0 offset rear rims from PN

Team Scream batteries
Am board with 2x2 4562 fets

I think that is about it.

Bill

Cherub1m
2008.04.23, 10:23 AM
I was running my 94 mm mid mount setup.

1 deg caster PN
2 deg camber PN
0 offset front rims PN
PN-RSF 8 front tires (had to change fronts all weekend for different track conditions)
Yellow PN front springs.
Stock toe bar

PN dampening plate with blue springs top and bottom.
Atomic 2.8mm DPS mount
PN 94 mm pod
PN RRR06 tires

Team Scream batteries

I think that is about it.

Bill

Full set ups are always nice and welcomed. Also, what body did you use Bill?

Thanks.
Philip

Wcrotty was running a MR-02 with the same setup as his stock class car. I didn't get all the details, hopefully he will chime in with the setup.

Jon (me), Mike, Kalani, Cuyson (NML), Lukas (ambind) and Philip used mini-zs. I don't know about the rest.

Again congrats to you all!!!. Looks like the MRO2 continues to set the standard.

Thanks for the reply guys
Philip Vincent

briankstan
2008.04.23, 10:52 AM
My pictures from the show. in no paticular order.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-005.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-006.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-007.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-008.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-015.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-016.jpg

briankstan
2008.04.23, 10:55 AM
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-017.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-018.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-019.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-020.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-021.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-022.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-026.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-031.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-032.jpg

bcpzx3
2008.04.23, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the pictures, I must admit i was looking forward to playing with the Micro-desert but the cars weren't setup so it was just a big mess when they gave us the chance to test them out. From the looks of it, the car isn't worthy of jumping anything. But i must admit it was one fast little sucker.

briankstan
2008.04.23, 11:14 AM
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-034.jpg
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-035.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-036.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-037.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-038.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-039.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-040.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-053.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-054.jpg

briankstan
2008.04.23, 11:14 AM
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-093.jpg
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-094.jpg
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-096.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-097.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-162.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-163.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-164.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-166.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-167.jpg

briankstan
2008.04.23, 11:15 AM
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-168.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-169.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-170.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-171.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-172.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-174.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-175.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-176.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-177.jpg

briankstan
2008.04.23, 11:17 AM
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-178.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-179.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-181.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-182.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-183.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-184.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-185.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-186.jpg

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCX-2008-187.jpg

Tjay
2008.04.23, 11:55 AM
very nice pics Brian! Thanks for posting it!

briankstan
2008.04.23, 12:50 PM
very nice pics Brian! Thanks for posting it!

NP, I'm uploading the videos I have of the Mains. I'll post the links shortly.

wcrotty
2008.04.23, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=Cherub1m;300210]Full set ups are always nice and welcomed. Also, what body did you use Bill?

Philip

That setup was my mod setup so it had the pan body. My stock setup
was very similar with the 360gtc body. Here is my stock setup.

1 deg caster PN
3 deg camber PN plastic
0 offset front rims PN
PN-RSF 10 front tires (had to change fronts all weekend for different track conditions also)
Purple PN front springs.
Stock toe bar

PN dampening plate with blue springs top. No dampening on the bottom.
PN 94 mm pod
PN RRR06 tires

Team Scream batteries

360gtc body.

Thanks

Bill

Cherub1m
2008.04.23, 01:50 PM
Thanks Bill.

briankstan
2008.04.23, 02:03 PM
RCP West Coast Challenge 2wd stock A Main ( http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCP-West-Coast-Challenge-2wd-stock-A-Main.wmv)

RCP West Coast Challenge 2wd stock B Main ( http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCP-West-Coast-Challenge-2wd-stock-B-Main.wmv)

RCP West Coast Challenge F1 Stock A Main ( http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCP-West-Coast-Challenge-F1-A-Main.wmv)

RCP West Coast Challenge AWD Modified A Main ( http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCP-West-Coast-Challenge-AWD-Mod-A-Main.wmv)

RCP West Coast Challenge Pan Car Modified A Main ( http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/RCX-2008/RCP-West-Coast-Challenge-Pan-A-Main.wmv)

bcpzx3
2008.04.23, 02:43 PM
you must of have had a big memory card to capture all that footage, nice work!

The video's aren't working for me, anyone else having problems with it?

CristianTabush
2008.04.23, 02:48 PM
Again congrats to you all!!!. Looks like the MRO2 continues to set the standard.

Thanks for the reply guys
Philip Vincent

Not if you look at the laptimes ;) The P28 just had some consistency issues this weekend. Considering it was only the third time out, those MR-02's need to watch out. ;)

briankstan
2008.04.23, 02:59 PM
you must of have had a big memory card to capture all that footage, nice work!

The video's aren't working for me, anyone else having problems with it?

you may have tried them before I fixed the links. I just tested them all and they are all working.

I have also uploaded them all to youtube.

Pan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQD1LNwFGqI

AWD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOf6_fJAm0

F1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nitrwZlKEbA

2WD A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_kj3NPSPk

2WD B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZKNIKWGvc

Cherub1m
2008.04.23, 04:40 PM
Not if you look at the laptimes ;) The P28 just had some consistency issues this weekend. Considering it was only the third time out, those MR-02's need to watch out. ;)

Yeah I see the best lap time at lap 30, a 11.424 sec. lap time, nice work Cristian. I think with pan cars class they should allow foam tires. I don't like it when I see stock class running just as many laps has mod and pan class. thats why I feel 2wd stock class should be run with the MR 015 chassis and open class with the MR 02 and allow foam tires only for the pan car class so they can really put the power to the ground. Then you have true GT3, GT2, GT1 type racing :D. Again great work, especially with the AWD. 42 Laps!!! VIVA AWD!!! :D:D:D

you may have tried them before I fixed the links. I just tested them all and they are all working.

I have also uploaded them all to youtube.

Pan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQD1LNwFGqI

AWD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOf6_fJAm0

F1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nitrwZlKEbA

2WD A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_kj3NPSPk

2WD B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZKNIKWGvc

Great pic and video Briankstan keep them coming :D

Hammer
2008.04.23, 04:57 PM
WOW!!! Thanks very much to everyone for such great coverage of the event. :D :eek: :D

There is so much here it will take me most of the evening to view later on, it very cool! :cool:

Tjay
2008.04.23, 05:14 PM
Man I think I watch the AWD vid over and over for 3 hours :)... Christian's driving is crazy! His line is consistent on almost every lap. Damn! ok that's it for me... I'm now having a headache :).

Thanks for posting the vid!

-TJ

Pro-Z Racing
2008.04.23, 05:41 PM
Awesome event so much to see. Nice job on the videos and pics guys.

Stock class and Awd Mod were a blast to drive, the pan cars were push and hook all weekend. Crazy hp and low traction . I raced a Mr-02 as pro-z are built for rip.

pan cars need
1. slower motor or one with a less torque out of the hole maybe no neo's. just turning down the radio doesn't help much.

2. a broken in RCP track, fresh tracks are always loose. I did my best to vacuume up the dust but the nubbins are still slick. we need a way to condition brand new rcp tiles.

3. foam tires, 6degree pn is the greatest rubber tire ever but it wasn't enough.

any one of those options would greatly improve the pan car racing. we had the best mini z drivers in the country and none of the pan cars were very impressive. Crottys pan car drove well but it was slow as death. I expected more than stock speed from the fastest class.

My 2 cents
Scott Jakes

Programmers
2008.04.23, 06:17 PM
That looked like a fantastic comp! I wish we had things like that over here!!

Great pics and vids Brian! It'd be fantastic to have someone put some names to faces for me. I'm curious, as I sure others are... What the winners look like and what their user names on here are... :) Please. :D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.23, 07:09 PM

I don't blame you on this one, Chris. You're still getting to know the car. Man, I don't care if you're a world champ, but if you're driving a car that you barely know, and you're driving against the same level of racers as you, I'd end up doing the same...if not, worse. I completely understand this. I would be disappointed if you've been driving the P28 for a long time now, but that's not the case.

i got to drive this (Ruf's P28) a few times, and all I can say is, I'm getting at least two. It's a good car with a LOT of potential. It felt very much like a 12th scale pan car. Very smooth, very precise steering, the only problem was, Ruf had a speedy07 in it.. I like mod motors when it comes to pan cars, so I wasn't really able to push the car as I know I could. In my honest opinion, this car would probably help me keep up with Yasuji, or close the gap a little more. He's a crazy driver. :)

The SSG tires by reflexracing pretty much solved my problem in that low traction track (not complaining). I used PN8's, which were the next best thing to SSG. I even tried PN 6s which made my handling worse. I pretty much got to run all day with the SSGs.

I was first for a few laps, then I got nervous:mad:, because Scott Jakes was behind me:eek: (I've seen his race videos, and he's a really good driver). Then, I blew it, hit a wall on the sweeper, went down to last, pulled it back to third. :o

My car overall had no handling issues on the second day...it was more of the driver shaking all over the place. Thanks, Reflex for the awesome tires! Btw, on the straight, I remember pulling away from someone's car.....considering it's all the same motors, there's only one other factor: Batteries...Thanks, R1wurks! :cool:

Btw, someone asked if Bill was using the TSR's....I'm sure he was, becuase he had TSR stickers all up in his shirt. :D
But that's beside the point. Bill's been world champ, long before TSR even got into the mini-z scene. I've yet to try the TSRs, btw. I do think; however, next big race will be a different story, considering R1wurks being into the picture.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.23, 07:21 PM
I thought I'd mention this: I'm surprised no one has brought it up...

What's up with the Atomic guys handing out parts to selected drivers (possibly those not wearing PN shirts) at a PN Racing Event? I'm neutral to this, but I couldn't help but notice. As far as I'm concerned, they could have gotten their own booth and hand out parts at their own booth. Keep in mind, it's not cheap to be at RCX.

I kinda observed them, and they didn't even ask Philip for permission if it was okay to give out parts...let alone, they didn't even greet him.

I get the impression that this was more of an attack and harassment, and at the same time piggy backing off of PN Racing's event.

Again, I'm neutral, but there are principles. On the other hand, I can truly appreciate how Phillip welcomes competition. That to me, speaks volumes.

Can someone explain why they did that?

Just my 2 cents.

wcrotty
2008.04.23, 08:45 PM
Brian,

Great job on the vids and pics. I can relive the heart attack i had in 2wd stock again from the start. It was great meeting you and russ.

Cristian,

I know you will have the P28 flying and consistent. Then i'm screwed. :) Dude you are an awesome driver and racing against you is a blast. My favorite race all weekend was the 3rd qualifier in AWD, man that was fun. I would love to see the print out on that one for lap times. I can't wait for the next big event. But i need more practice to keep up.

pro-z/Philip

I'm all for figuring out how to get the traction up for pan car. Just don't change other class performance with the change. Foam tires will require tire goop and that will change the track for other classes. Lets figure out how to make a brand new RCP track work great and have tuns of traction like PNs home track has.

Slowing the car down can be done with flat batts....slower fets. Double stacked will give you more rip. So only put one 4562.

The night before RCX cristian, philip, scott, chad, myself and others were having a blast and flying with our pan cars. Every car was HOOKED and just flying. They were faster then the AWD mod cars there.

NML,

Philip is a classy guy and always keeps his cool. :)

lfisminiz
2008.04.23, 09:04 PM
Brian and others...great pictures and videos. Well appreciated by guys like me, that didnt get to be there.:D

Cherub1m
2008.04.23, 09:32 PM
pro-z/Philip

I'm all for figuring out how to get the traction up for pan car. Just don't change other class performance with the change. Foam tires will require tire goop and that will change the track for other classes. Lets figure out how to make a brand new RCP track work great and have tuns of traction like PNs home track has.

Slowing the car down can be done with flat batts....slower fets. Double stacked will give you more rip. So only put one 4562.

The night before RCX cristian, philip, scott, chad, myself and others were having a blast and flying with our pan cars. Every car was HOOKED and just flying. They were faster then the AWD mod cars there.

Hi Bill

I agree with you foam plus traction compound on RCP may not be a good combo. Not for the track or for other classes running on the same surface. But you don't like the idea of making the MR 015 the true stock class? I just feel having a pan car, MR 02 and MR 015 class is similar to GT1, GT2, GT3... doing it this way makes the class differences very noticable.

RCP tracks have great traction. Its the surface the RCP track is placed on that is the problem. The cold floor soaks all the heat from the RCP. One would need to raise the RCP track off the floor to improve traction but that would defeat the purpose of having a track that is easily moved. Or one could realy make it expensive and heat the floor or place the RCP on some heating elements :D. So until then we need an alternative...maybe some foam for the pan cars with traction compound :D

bcpzx3
2008.04.23, 09:49 PM
NML needs to free up his inbox :)

CristianTabush
2008.04.23, 10:08 PM
I don't think the tire goop hurts the tiles at all, we have used it for a LOOONG time with 1/18th scale cars and mini-z's and the performance of the rubber tires did not decrease whatsoever. If anything, the foam tires actually cleaned up the line on the RCP much quicker than rubber, which in turn made the track better.

In the future, I would love to see the Pan Cars go to lexan and foam. But just the Pan Cars. As for the MR015 in stock, that will never happen. You just can't make somebody choose an inferior chassis just to race stock. If we would have had mod motors in our 02 touring cars, we would have gone almost as fast as the AWDs. I am also convinced that if I had tried a different tire combination in Pan, the car would have been much more consistent and probably a couple of tenths quicker than the stock car, and not the same lap time wise. Our problem was with the low profile tires we ran on the P28s.

As for Bill, man you drove smart all weekend and showed how that old age helps you against us youngsters ;) Seriously you drove flawless and it showed, great job! I am so working on a better body mount system for the 02's; that's 2 races in which I have taken myself out due to my body popping off...

CristianTabush
2008.04.24, 12:51 AM
Ask and you shall receive!!!
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/set-ups/Scan.jpg
BTW, forgot to mention, I used the 3Racing Plastic Extension...

I got more good stuff coming this week, including a small write-up full results and pictures from the cars...

Expect a new tutorial on how to build the new PN AWD suspension properly. And NO, I did not use sway bars, just the new upper piece in the front ;)

wcrotty
2008.04.24, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure the traction compound would hurt the tiles but change the handling for rubber tires. Really though traction compounds main goal is to soften the foam tires. That will soften the track too. This would make it even more sticky. But worst of all tracks would have to let you run traction compound and it is stinky. believe me....i was addicted to paragon. mmmmmmm paragon. Mini-z tracks are in smaller locations....some times peoples basements. The smell can be over powering. I remember leaving a

Mini-z stock should only be regulated by motor, plastic body, batteries and rubber tires. The rest should be open. Philip went in the right direction with the 70 turn motor.

I know the surface that the NEW RCP track is put on makes no difference. At RC madness in CT for the 2006 worlds the track was on top of the Ozite track that is on a raised 2x4 surface. It took 3 days to have traction to come in. What about washing the tiles, or pressure washing, or a super vacuum that can beat the little nubbys down. So my question is.....why is a new track so hard to run on. Is it the dirt? are the grindings that stick up too tall and they need to be worn down? is it the rubber from the tires being put into the track? Is there something we can sprinkle on the track that will make the traction perfect from the start. (Magic pixie dust)

mini-z
2008.04.24, 09:12 PM
That looked like a fantastic comp! I wish we had things like that over here!!

Great pics and vids Brian! It'd be fantastic to have someone put some names to faces for me. I'm curious, as I sure others are... What the winners look like and what their user names on here are... :) Please. :D

I meant to take pictures of people w/ the "my forum name is" tags (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28224) - oops! :o In the group or sponsor pics look for the bloke in bright red amongst all the white and black shirts - that's your faithful admin! :o :p

bermbuster
2008.04.24, 09:54 PM
I know the surface that the NEW RCP track is put on makes no difference. At RC madness in CT for the 2006 worlds the track was on top of the Ozite track that is on a raised 2x4 surface. It took 3 days to have traction to come in.
Bill I race 1/18 scale at Madness and ozite is on the concrete....
The temp of the tiles make a big difference. We discovered this at Majs....
The track is close to the front door and opening the door(during the winter) would cool down the track enough to change traction.

wcrotty
2008.04.24, 10:44 PM
Bill I race 1/18 scale at Madness and ozite is on the concrete....
The temp of the tiles make a big difference. We discovered this at Majs....
The track is close to the front door and opening the door(during the winter) would cool down the track enough to change traction.

Ah i just talked to scott and i was confused because its a raised concrete floor.....That confused me......i thought it was raised wood. But yes the track will change because of temperature and humidity. I can't imagine the temp in LA can make it that bad.......the PN track is on a concrete floor and had awesome traction. I still think it is something else.

bermbuster
2008.04.24, 11:08 PM
Ah i just talked to scott and i was confused because its a raised concrete floor.....That confused me......i thought it was raised wood. But yes the track will change because of temperature and humidity. I can't imagine the temp in LA can make it that bad.......the PN track is on a concrete floor and had awesome traction. I still think it is something else.
Humidity is a big factor and how hydrated the foam is. I raced at PN and I found traction to be similar to the traction at the Atomic race in NYC...
I do know Maj treats his track w water to maintain traction. Exactly how and what he does is his secret....(spray bottle and vacuum cleaner)

My racing skills are novice compared to yours Bill and watching you race you really make it look easy. In every venue of wheeled racing I have competed
tires and traction is what really wins.....You are at the level where you seem to find it and control it for the 5 -10 minutes of a race...:D

yasuji
2008.04.24, 11:59 PM
man .. iwas so bummed that i missied my flight......i really wanted to be able to drive with all the top drivers in the usa....o well
congrats to all who were there
i promise not to miss the next big race:D

CristianTabush
2008.04.25, 12:38 AM
Grant, we definitely missed you. BTW, Philip has your tires...

Steven@ILR
2008.04.25, 10:45 PM
This is my first post here. I had a fun time racing with the best Mini-Z racers. Thank you to everyone that help organize this event. Till next time, keep the rubber side down.

Steven

bcpzx3
2008.04.26, 11:09 AM
This is my first post here. I had a fun time racing with the best Mini-Z racers. Thank you to everyone that help organize this event. Till next time, keep the rubber side down.

Steven

Steven = Awd Mod 2nd place
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/teamnamiek/Inside%20Line%20Racing/100_2425copy.jpg

SaiTam
2008.04.27, 12:39 AM
The picture above makes it look like Steven was the winner; while Christian lost by 0.000001 second.

briankstan
2008.04.27, 02:11 PM
Watching, Cristian and Bill fight it out on the track was simply amazing. not to discount the other drivers, there were some very skilled drivers at this event. It was such a thrill to be there and racing with them. :cool:

I talked with both Cristian and Bill about there setups. Let me tell everyone that they were more than happy to show and talk about there setups. Bill even poped the lid on his car and showed me what he had done.

It was great that they are both open about how to get faster and setup a car. it really promotes the Mini-Z Scene.

I will note that the Coolest thing I saw was Cristian Giving away the RTR that he won to a kid that was watching and showing interest in them. Kudos to Cristian on that. It was very cool and shows that he is all about growing the hobby and getting others involved. :cool::cool:

Ruf even helped Russ (bash_N_thrash) with his F1 Setup. Again everyone was very open and helpful.

Rharris has been a big help in seting up my cars better. I even cloned his Pan Car body. Next event I'll be entering the Pan Car class as well. If it weren't for Rod I would have never even tried it and I absoultly loved the speed and handling it, after that I was sold. :eek:

ruf
2008.04.27, 05:43 PM
The picture above makes it look like Steven was the winner; while Christian lost by 0.000001 second.Nah. Cristian + beer = winnar!!! :D

DJ Kyosho
2008.04.27, 08:42 PM
Nah. Cristian + beer = winnar!!! :D

I was thinking the same thing lol.

bcpzx3
2008.04.27, 09:07 PM
I'm the second person on first/bottom row
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC02983.jpg?t=1208800808

Great race coverage brian, tons of pictures and videos!

Bill.. Do these look familiar?
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC03015.jpg?t=1208885529

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.27, 11:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing lol.

Christian needs to move to CALI!!!! I was thinking the same thing lol!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.27, 11:18 PM
I just realized that it's been a week since then.... :(

I had a blast! I don't know why though, but since RCX event, I feel my driving got a lot better.

DJ Kyosho
2008.04.27, 11:45 PM
I had a blast! I don't know why though, but since RCX event, I feel my driving got a lot better.

RCX had nothing to do with it ;)

Tjay
2008.04.27, 11:47 PM
I just realized that it's been a week since then.... :(

man... I'm exactly like you. I had so much fun on that day. I can't wait for the next big event!

"I feel my driving got a lot better" Funny that you said it because I feel like mine have gotten better as well but maybe that's just my head playing tricks om me ;).

ambind
2008.04.28, 02:50 AM
It's the confidence we're gaining from big races like this that make us drive better ...I feel the same way too ;)..Sup TJ! sorry couldn't make it to ILR this weekend..got some errands :(..next time bro!

Lucas

bermbuster
2008.04.28, 03:18 AM
man... I'm exactly like you. I had so much fun on that day. I can't wait for the next big event!

"I feel my driving got a lot better" Funny that you said it because I feel like mine have gotten better as well but maybe that's just my head playing tricks om me ;).

Us east coast racers felt the same after the Atomic race in March....
we all stepped up the racing because of it as well. It must be our competitive nature.....:D

RussF
2008.04.28, 09:15 AM
I will note that the Coolest thing I saw was Cristian Giving away the RTR that he won to a kid that was watching and showing interest in them. Kudos to Cristian on that. It was very cool and shows that he is all about growing the hobby and getting others involved. :cool::cool:

I will strongly second Brians observations. And yes that was AWESOME Cristian!! That was one of the coolest things I have seen also.

It is for sure the willingness to answer questions, help others with anything needed, and demonstrate a true passion for the hobby that will promote it to others and make it grow. I think we all are, and should be, ambasadors to our hobby, not just mini-z's but radio control in general.

:cool:

Tjay
2008.04.28, 11:50 AM
It's the confidence we're gaining from big races like this that make us drive better ...I feel the same way too ;)..Sup TJ! sorry couldn't make it to ILR this weekend..got some errands :(..next time bro!

Lucas

Hey Lucas! It's cool bro... I was at ILR on Saturday all day working on my cars and on Sunday I was running errands as well :). I guess we'll see you next time! Btw, congrats!

bcpzx3
2008.04.28, 12:10 PM
NML needs to clear his inbox so he can get back to me on some business

And Lucas owes me gas money for driving out there to the race on friday and sunday trying to find him to say whats up.

TJ im bringing your shirt to ILR today, i hope i dont forget. I have it sitting on top of my car box right now.

:) Morning guys

wcrotty
2008.04.28, 08:21 PM
Hey, I was wondering where they went :)

Bill.. Do these look familiar?
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/DSC03015.jpg?t=1208885529

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.28, 09:32 PM
I will strongly second Brians observations. And yes that was AWESOME Cristian!! That was one of the coolest things I have seen also.

It is for sure the willingness to answer questions, help others with anything needed, and demonstrate a true passion for the hobby that will promote it to others and make it grow. I think we all are, and should be, ambasadors to our hobby, not just mini-z's but radio control in general.

:cool:

I'm just glad we don't have a Brian Kinwald in the mini-z scene. I've never met the guy, but everywhere I go , they say he's ****y. Thanks to all the mini-z champs and top drivers like Grant (Learned a lot from Grant....BIG PROPS!)

Inbox cleared.:o

herman
2008.04.29, 01:48 AM
Inbox cleared.
sure hope you got to read my messages before you cleared it... :D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.04.29, 01:56 AM
Just a few words for the current champs.....Rod Harris remains the undisputed champ in HTAY (How Thirsty Are you?) I think Bill Crotty and Christian Tabush will have a hard time taking this away from Harris.:cool:

Harris had the soda of his choice at Kenon RC, one Friday night, and I remember him saying, " I don't care if you're Crotty or Tabush! When I'm thirsty, nobody's gonna take that soda away from me!":D :eek:

He had, of course, an orange soda.:D

bobbyz
2008.05.05, 11:39 PM
just a quick thread jack since some of you guys flew out to the race. any problems with a mini-z in a carryon?? i'm flying out to va. this weeking, and there's a local club there. thanks in advance

bob

briankstan
2008.05.06, 12:37 AM
just a quick thread jack since some of you guys flew out to the race. any problems with a mini-z in a carryon?? i'm flying out to va. this weeking, and there's a local club there. thanks in advance

bob

I flew to the race, I put everything in my checked luggage, just packed it up really well.

they won't let you take RC equiptment on the plane anymore.

wcrotty
2008.05.06, 06:59 AM
Same here. I checked mine in and packed it really well.

Also they did open mine up from LA to Boston. Boston to LA they didn't open anything.

I bought 2 heavy Duty roller tool cases from Home Depot for traveling and duct tape around the entire case. I have flown many times and had no problem.

bobbyz
2008.05.06, 10:31 AM
thanks for the info, (thread unjacked)

CristianTabush
2008.05.06, 11:30 AM
I always carry on my cars, my transmitter and batteries on the plane. Everything else, I can borrow or buy at the event I get to. I've flown to Europe, Latin America and all over the US like this with no problem whatsoever.

Tools are the only thing they won't let you carry on. Once they see the little cars go through clearance, they all go "cool" or "cute" and you can proceed :)

briankstan
2008.05.06, 12:08 PM
I always carry on my cars, my transmitter and batteries on the plane. Everything else, I can borrow or buy at the event I get to. I've flown to Europe, Latin America and all over the US like this with no problem whatsoever.

Tools are the only thing they won't let you carry on. Once they see the little cars go through clearance, they all go "cool" or "cute" and you can proceed :)

I have traveled with my cars and transmitter before. I haven't tried since they changed the regulations. It was all over the new that they weren't going to allow RC's in a carry on.

interesting that they are still allowing it. Of couse I wouldn't want to be the one that they decided to actually enforce the rules on and loose my cars and TX.

Tjay
2008.05.06, 01:46 PM
Per Christian, "Everything else, I can borrow or buy at the event I get to."

This is exactly why I put the rest of the stuff in the luggage and not my car/tx. Just incase I loose my luggage (happened to me ones) I can still race.

Tjay
2008.05.06, 01:50 PM
I have traveled with my cars and transmitter before. I haven't tried since they changed the regulations. It was all over the new that they weren't going to allow RC's in a carry on.

interesting that they are still allowing it. Of couse I wouldn't want to be the one that they decided to actually enforce the rules on and loose my cars and TX.

I remember you can not bring any types of liquid when you go on the plane but now, they have this small plastic to where you can put your lotion, hand sanitizer, etc and still be able to bring it in and I'm not talking about just US/nationwide. I was coming from out of country and they allowed me and my mom to do that and this was a week before RCX.

CristianTabush
2008.05.06, 02:21 PM
If anything, they make you check the cars and TX as luggage. They will not make you throw them away... There is a higher risk of the airline loosing your luggage than them say something about toy cars...

bermbuster
2008.05.06, 04:09 PM
I travel for work weekly and I always have some type of rc w me(for play)
Simple rules
Remove all Batteries....
Keep all batteries in seperate containers ex zip lock bag,plano box...
You must put Lipos in a zip lock bag (TSC regulation)
Any and all tools must be in checked luggage....
I never lost anything when traveling except for the TSC locks...
sometimes i think they cut them off because there key doesnt work or who knows....I had my bags temporarily lost but I always got them back.