PDA

View Full Version : MR02's no longer produced?

russp
2008.04.21, 12:18 PM
I did some checking and the shop here as well as other shops seem to have a lot of the non-2.4 Ghz MR02's being out of stock. I'm guessing they have stopped production of these hence we may all be forced to eventually upgrade anyways. There are a few left including a few "chassis" sets but not many.

I would probably upgrade now if I was not forced to use that goofy controller - ie: if there was a way to buy a Spektrum car controller and use that then yeah, maybe I'd do it.

EMU
2008.04.21, 02:03 PM
The bodies, and I would assume electonics and RTRs are produced in limited production runs. After a while specific bodies are hard to find. You can only find the newer, or unwanted cars. High demand cars, like Enzo and McLaren have been reproduced a number of times.

I typically buy the chassis sets, and then use the unpainted bodies with aftermarket wheels.

I am assuming that in the near future that they would ramp down production of the AM cars, and eventually produce only the 2.4ghz cars. I just wouldnt expect it so soon, as there are many racers that are not ready to make the switch. I know I am not, and I already have an ASF. I just cant stand the transmitter. Some people like it, others dont...

You should try sending a message to Tim, or make a post in the Ask Kyosho section.

russp
2008.04.21, 02:10 PM
The bodies, and I would assume electonics and RTRs are produced in limited production runs. After a while specific bodies are hard to find. You can only find the newer, or unwanted cars. High demand cars, like Enzo and McLaren have been reproduced a number of times.

I typically buy the chassis sets, and then use the unpainted bodies with aftermarket wheels.

I am assuming that in the near future that they would ramp down production of the AM cars, and eventually produce only the 2.4ghz cars. I just wouldnt expect it so soon, as there are many racers that are not ready to make the switch. I know I am not, and I already have an ASF. I just cant stand the transmitter. Some people like it, others dont...

You should try sending a message to Tim, or make a post in the Ask Kyosho section.

I might. I was just surprised to find so little stock of MR02 AM cars on 3 different websites. It's like they disappeared overnight. Looking at the shop here I don't see any MR02 cars in stock at all besides the 2.4 Ghz.

arch2b
2008.04.21, 02:34 PM
i would not take that as the sole sign they are gone. thre are several other things that typically would happen such as clearancing old stock. it doesn't just disappear. take f1 for example, this stuff is hard to come by but it's been around for many years and i'm sure it will continue to be so despite limited production runs and few upgrades such as new bodies.

if we do find they are on the out, i'll let you know as i'm sure others will as well. the community here is generally very well informed.

plus, i'll need to find a suitable nib mr-02 to squirel away as a collector if this does happen. i already have a nib id ae-86 mr-01 stored away for safe keeping.