PDA

View Full Version : May 4th

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.22, 03:58 PM
DCGTG is having their minivan enduro, anyone interested in going up there? I'd have to check with the wife and all.

Action B
2008.04.22, 05:24 PM
what the heck is a minivan enduro?

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.22, 05:40 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26974

It's an endurance race where everyone uses a mini van body, of course! Should be a pretty amusing race, and I'm guessing they could use some corner marshals.

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.23, 09:11 AM
Wife says she doesn't any problem with me going. And I have a pretty sweet idea for a van. But it will require a bit of investment. Need the van body and I need to pick up a model kit for parts to put on the van. Probably about $50 plus possibly parts for the chassis to match the wheel base, wheels, and etc.

The Toyota Estima is 106mm wheel base MM with -1N-1N wheels on the MR02, so yeah, I'll need some bits....

arch2b
2008.04.23, 09:29 AM
you all are welcome. who would not want to watch a track full of mini-vans racing:p better yet, who would not want to be racing them:p

our club has regularly scheduled races that require a specific body or body type. 7 cities came up for our classic car race which was any body 1980 and older.

we are already planning the next event which may be a high mount only body, ei; vitz, vw, beetle, etc.

the idea behind it is to get us to use something that would normaly be out of our comfort range thus much less likely to ever get used. this does many things for us, it gives everyone the chance to experiment, it provides a more fun focused event, it forces everyone to expand thier skill set by driving bodies they would not have chosen on thier own. for the most part, these are very cheap events that cost roughly $17-19 for a new body (unpainted). other required parts, if there are any, are ususally very cheap if not free from other members.

if you guys don't want to make it an all in one day thing your welcome to stay at my place. the couches are comfy and we now have 2 guitar's for wii ;)

Action B
2008.04.23, 01:40 PM
you all are welcome. who would not want to watch a track full of mini-vans racing:p better yet, who would not want to be racing them:p

our club has regularly scheduled races that require a specific body or body type. 7 cities came up for our classic car race which was any body 1980 and older.

we are already planning the next event which may be a high mount only body, ei; vitz, vw, beetle, etc.

the idea behind it is to get us to use something that would normaly be out of our comfort range thus much less likely to ever get used. this does many things for us, it gives everyone the chance to experiment, it provides a more fun focused event, it forces everyone to expand thier skill set by driving bodies they would not have chosen on thier own. for the most part, these are very cheap events that cost roughly $17-19 for a new body (unpainted). other required parts, if there are any, are ususally very cheap if not free from other members.

if you guys don't want to make it an all in one day thing your welcome to stay at my place. the couches are comfy and we now have 2 guitar's for wii ;)

My girlfriend lives in fairfax, so having place for myself and a few others is not a problem, I guess the problem is I don't have a minivan body and can't get one before sunday probably. Between my girlfriends place and yours, I'm sure we could house the entire seven cities club all at once easily. We should race together frequently. I want to get better. I heard you guys were pretty serious, and from the looks of it pretty friendly. However, I don't think my girlfriend has two guitars for her wii. . . . .or a wii.

Action B
2008.04.23, 01:45 PM
Just realized thats next sunday.. anyone want to point me in a direction where to grab a van? lol

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.23, 01:56 PM
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17292&cat=0&page=1

If you want to get the body, I have an awesome idea for painting it, in order to fit with the '80s theme that's going on. I'll PM you with deatails :)

Action B
2008.04.23, 08:12 PM
I sent you a PM about the body, do I have to claim my idea officially?

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.23, 09:07 PM
Na, I don't think anyone else will be doing that one.

Action B
2008.04.23, 10:29 PM
Then its settled, I only have a MA-010 though, how long are those van bodies? I might have to think of something to make it work.

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.24, 08:43 AM
I copied and edited Atomic Mod's body chart here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pI1lmV_TWe2zMMMweSu8pbg). This has the added advantage of a little color coding for my own purposes, and being able to sort it based on different criterium. Currently it's sorted by wheel base, but I'm not sure if you can resort it or not without a gmail account that's been given permission.

The Toyota Estima is 106mm
Unfortunately, the alphard and the odyssey aren't on the list, but I think they are also 106mm. Currently the Kyosho Body Chart here (http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/mr_chassis_body_compatibility_chart.pdf) is inaccessable.

The best the AWD can do is 98mm, so unless I'm wrong (which is entirely possible) you'll need an MR02/015/01.

arch2b
2008.04.24, 09:52 AM
not so, 3racing makes extension kits for the awd that take you to mini-van lengths. i don't recall which.

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.24, 10:01 AM
Well, this (http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=AWD%2D34&cat=15) one says it will go to 102mm, which is nascar length, but not mini van length. Unless AM was full of BS, which is likely :) Are the vans 102 or 106?

Action B
2008.04.24, 10:07 AM
I'll shave the wheel wells if i have to, someone let me know on this. If I'm going to race i need to get parts asap.

arch2b
2008.04.24, 10:08 AM
the vans differ. they are not all the same i beleive. i sort of gave up trying to keep up with wheelbase settings with all the body choices available and rely on the charts others have made. it was easy to do when you only had a couple dozen but today, the list is huge.

according to here (http://mini-z.home.att.net/bodies.htm), the Honda Mugen Odyssey is 102mm

Action B
2008.04.24, 12:15 PM
the vans differ. they are not all the same i beleive. i sort of gave up trying to keep up with wheelbase settings with all the body choices available and rely on the charts others have made. it was easy to do when you only had a couple dozen but today, the list is huge.

according to here (http://mini-z.home.att.net/bodies.htm), the Honda Mugen Odyssey is 102mm

I dont know... According to there I own a MR-010.:p

SoundWave2501
2008.04.24, 11:54 PM
I dont know... According to there I own a MR-010.:p

The MR-010 is the AWD. You do own and MR-010, Thats just the number designation.

Action B
2008.04.25, 02:02 AM
The MR-010 is the AWD. You do own and MR-010, Thats just the number designation.

I was teasing because its supposed to be MA-010 ;)

TALLGEESE
2008.04.25, 05:33 PM
Action B, did you ever get the PM I sent you about the van bodies????? Just curious..