PDA

View Full Version : Glue for Pan Car Body

briankstan
2008.04.23, 12:24 PM
What is a good glue to use on the pan car body to attach the chassis mounts?

Super Glue didn't want to stick, and neither did the hot glue.

thanks

TALLGEESE
2008.04.23, 12:46 PM
Brian, you could try using Plastic Zap by Pacer technologies.. I used it to glue the body clips on my PN pan car and even after a fair amount of hard hits the clips are still holding on strong.. For an even stronger bond, you could use some Insta-Set CA accelerator on top of the Plastic Zap... You can usually find the Plastic Zap and the Insta-Set accelerator at Hobbytown USA or at Tower Hobbies...

briankstan
2008.04.23, 12:48 PM
thanks, I'll pick some up on the way home.

marc
2008.04.23, 01:50 PM
If you can get some, I'd try the glue that comes with the white none-painted Mini-Z bodies, it's designed for this sort of thing and work's really well. I don't have a pan body so I can't say how it'll work on that, but I assume it will.

color01
2008.04.24, 01:24 AM
I've tried it, but on a VDSII. Assuming the plastic is similar, I would use the Kyosho contact cement only for the body mounts -- it slightly melts the plastic so you want to make sure only to use it on areas with LOTS of plastic for you to melt.

bermbuster
2008.04.25, 05:21 AM
Brian, you could try using Plastic Zap by Pacer technologies.. I used it to glue the body clips on my PN pan car and even after a fair amount of hard hits the clips are still holding on strong.. For an even stronger bond, you could use some Insta-Set CA accelerator on top of the Plastic Zap... You can usually find the Plastic Zap and the Insta-Set accelerator at Hobbytown USA or at Tower Hobbies...

awesome advice....i use both myself with excellent results.

briankstan
2008.04.25, 09:34 AM

awesome advice....i use both myself with excellent results.

Agreed, I purchased some and it works very well, I always used super glue, but this is much better. :D:D

mini-z
2008.04.25, 12:04 PM
If you can get some, I'd try the glue that comes with the white none-painted Mini-Z bodies, it's designed for this sort of thing and work's really well. I don't have a pan body so I can't say how it'll work on that, but I assume it will.

The newest WBs (the bagged kind) for some reason don't include glue - just as a general FYI - I'm still trying to get an answer from Kyosho as to whether we can buy it separately etc. :)

TALLGEESE
2008.04.25, 04:15 PM
briankstan and bermbuster, I'm glad to see the glue and accelerator worked out for you guys.. I personally swear by these products.. Maybe we could try to get the shop here to carry them?? It's been holding my Calsonic 350z body together for the last 2 HFAY seasons with no problems..

briankstan
2008.04.25, 04:32 PM
It's been holding my Calsonic 350z body together..

lol, I'll be using it for this same body. let me guess. the front just to the side of where the mounting clip goes.

TALLGEESE
2008.04.25, 04:56 PM
lol, I'll be using it for this same body. let me guess. the front just to the side of where the mounting clip goes.

Yeah, it pretty much cracked right around that area.. Mine now has a "fault line" running from the bottom of the right front headlight to the inside of the body where the body clip goes.. I'm just trying to keep this body together until I replace it with the new 2007 version of the Calsonic 350z when it comes out.. Do you still run you're Xanavi Hiroto 350z on you're MR-02?? I remember you let me drive it when you ran with us in D.C a while back, it handled pretty good...

bermbuster
2008.04.25, 05:38 PM
This is too funny....I run the same body as well and it broke in the same place......
i have both 350z bodies too....
Another trick I learned I bought sheet polystyrene .015 thick and i make gussets, fishplates and even light bucket replacements. Train guys use the sheet stuff to make houses etc.... It makes the bodies super strong and adds very little weight....

briankstan
2008.04.25, 05:45 PM
that was actually a motul. yep it's the one and same body. I have a new one that I'm running now.