PDA

View Full Version : lets play a game!

575racer
2008.04.23, 05:03 PM
okay guys, theres a spot reserved in my garage for a new car:eek: just ordered it and ive got to wait 2 WEEKS! so i thought to pass the time, instead of just telling you, might be more fun for you to guess... jayce and chris already know what it is, i got a set of rims for it too:D
guess away peeps:p

Neomax
2008.04.23, 06:42 PM
what colours is it available in, and which colour is yours?

Programmers
2008.04.23, 08:01 PM
I am guessing from your signature that it's an AWD... Chassis set or ready set. That is the question.

Bearings or without...

Hmmm...

Spill the beans Liam!

575racer
2008.04.24, 03:40 AM
rtr kit, i knew you'd get the chassis easy... cant say all the colours, but the main colour is blue. with white wheels stock but i ordered 3racing alloy 5stars too. oh and the wheel offset is 0 all around, i hope:o

Programmers
2008.04.24, 03:44 AM
Is ittttt the Calsonic skyline?

575racer
2008.04.24, 03:56 AM
yup:D now youve got to guess what skyline lmao, r32 or r34? (isnt that hard)
oh and sry for the nooby question, but is it safe to plug a comand logic light kit into the battery terminals instead of the motor terminals?

Programmers
2008.04.24, 04:40 AM
That's where you're supposed to plug them. Otherwise you get blinkey lights.

575racer
2008.04.24, 04:49 AM
oh.. thanks lol. ive gota wait 10-14days now for it to come:(

BmwM3_Evo
2008.04.25, 08:17 PM
That's where you're supposed to plug them. Otherwise you get blinkey lights.

My 6 light kit is motor terminals :o.

Theres 3 terminals, put 2 under one terminal, 1 under the other.

You get a constant dim light then they light up when braking/accelerating.

Programmers
2008.04.26, 06:19 AM
I put mine under the power and one under the negative.

575racer
2008.04.26, 06:30 AM
i put mine on the motor terminals, its really blinky- its supposed to go there but the way people drive, its never on. ill try it on power when it gets here.

Neomax
2008.04.26, 09:27 AM
My 6 light kit is motor terminals :o.

Theres 3 terminals, put 2 under one terminal, 1 under the other.

You get a constant dim light then they light up when braking/accelerating.

Hey Chris, that can't be right mate, think about it for a moment, if you were to put both +'s on the motor + and then the - on the motor negative, you would get no power until you pull the throttle.
What is happening with yours is, the moment you pull the throttle, you are charging the capacitor in the light set and that gives you the 'dim' light you talk of, but it will fade the longer you leave it without throttling again, that is the way it is with my monster light set, it stays on for about 2 mins after you have unplugged them.
But if you put one + on the back outermost + and the - on the back outermost -, you will get lights on all the time, the other + usually connects to the motor + and gives brighter lights when moving. Connecvting it the way you have will just give dim lights with slightly brighter ones when moving, connect it the way i describe and you will get bright lights, with even brighter ones when in transit!
Just make sure you get the right wire to the right + or you may blow something.
As a general rule, make sure power does not flow through the wrong direction of an LED for more than about 1 - 2 seconds and it will not blow, just tap the wires where you think they should go, if it is right, it will light up instantly, if it is wrong it won't, if it doesn't light up straight away, dont leave it connected.
Trust me, i've blown a few sets figuring all this out!

Programmers
2008.04.26, 06:35 PM
i put mine on the motor terminals, its really blinky- its supposed to go there but the way people drive, its never on. ill try it on power when it gets here.
It's not supposed to go there at all. Hense why it's blinky. No one drives full thottle all the time so it'd be pointless in a night race.

BmwM3_Evo
2008.04.26, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the description :S.

But... Straight from my manual:

Connect the wire in yellow and black to MOTOR (-),
Connect the wire in red to MOTOR (+);

Duno how it works.. dim/forwards/backwards but it does, ill be ordering a new kit for my new ASC so ill take a vid...

Thanks, Chris

marc
2008.04.26, 06:41 PM
Waiting suck's, especailly that long! That's why I like 3-4 days EMS option. But your user name is 575, which is a Ferrari 575 and that's an MR02 chassis, not an AWD. Confused.

575racer
2008.04.27, 05:26 AM
tom- it said on the website its supposed to go there- but the descriptions gone now, i know where its supposed to go now atleast:rolleyes:
marc- your right lol, the 575 was my first car, im still running it for hfay, runs nice but the chassis f%&#$ up and gives really bad motor conections- ordered a clear chasssis to sort that out now;)
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00077.jpg

Neomax
2008.04.27, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the description :S.

But... Straight from my manual:

Connect the wire in yellow and black to MOTOR (-),
Connect the wire in red to MOTOR (+);

Duno how it works.. dim/forwards/backwards but it does, ill be ordering a new kit for my new ASC so ill take a vid...

Thanks, Chris

That's only 2 wires, you said there were three, i'd say if that is the description, and there is a third wire, that probably goes to the mains power of the battery, then it would use the - of the motor to earth itself and that *should* give constant power to the lights, and brighter when running!

the 575 was my first car, im still running it for hfay, runs nice but the chassis f%&#$ up and gives really bad motor conections- ordered a clear chasssis to sort that out now
The clear chassis is just as bad, its all about the colour, or lack of colour should i say, the clear/smoked chassis are weaker and more prone to cracks/screw thread stripping, if you want to go for the less likely to have these problems, go for a standard dark grey or black. They are stronger and more pliable.

575racer
2008.04.27, 08:33 AM
i think the shop i ordered from ran out so it was clear or pink:o should be here tomorow, at least i'll have something to do whilst i wait. then i need to leave the 02 forever and only drive it, i tend to break it just by touching it:o

BmwM3_Evo
2008.04.27, 03:58 PM
That's only 2 wires

Yellow, Black, and Red

anyhow went a bit offtopic there, sorry Lee.

LMK when you R32 comes though :D. What else did you order bar the wheels?

575racer
2008.04.27, 04:18 PM
i was gona order some 3racing stickers, but forgot- we nearly didnt order the wheels, but changed my mind. im gettin a white neon kit from jayce to go on there too, more lights! hoping it comes soon, gona switch the wheels and drift like mad:rolleyes:

BmwM3_Evo
2008.04.27, 05:03 PM
I might have some of those 3racing decal sheets left, got them free from RCMI. has 2 "3's" from the logo and then the full 3 racing logo.

575racer
2008.04.27, 05:44 PM
i decided against them now lol, i think theyre cool, but im trying to keep the 575 plain and the skyline would look too cluttered imo. and they wont really do on the landrover lmao:rolleyes:

575racer
2008.04.28, 05:00 PM
double post meh.
got the magic email today- its been posted! shouldnt be too long, i hope:(
i got my clear chassis today though. i think the motor conections are lose, im goin to sort that out before next meet so im not holding up the championship. the servo was a bugger to put back together lol but its all ok now:D

575racer
2008.05.01, 01:18 PM
hmmm look what arrived yesterday morning!
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/Photo-0022.jpg
its so cool, its a gen1 xmod and is the fastest thing ever, goes half the speed of any z and its got so many unneccesary parts its completely awesome! lmao j/k, heres what did arrive though:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00085.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00086.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00087.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00088.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00089.jpg

kryten
2008.05.01, 01:23 PM
Very nice Lee:D bing on the drift races! lol

Programmers
2008.05.01, 06:05 PM
That's nice man. There's 4 of us driftin now. Enough for a mini tourni.