PDA

View Full Version : rally anyone

jazzyone
2008.04.23, 10:04 PM
I am starting this to see how interested the club would be in making some gen 2 mustangs into your own personal rally car. we can get jumps, and other things for rallying. i have the cars, do you all want to spend the small amount extra to upgrade them to rally status. parts can be gotten. im excited by all racing, not just left turns, its all about fun really. let me know guys :cool:

Action B
2008.04.23, 10:27 PM
Rally.. sounds interesting. I'm in. You'll likely need some ball differentials or one-ways so that the cars won't get stuck. What would the track setup be? I can use my evo for it. Its a car I don't care too much about anyhow.

jazzyone
2008.04.24, 04:22 AM
Rally.. sounds interesting. I'm in. You'll likely need some ball differentials or one-ways so that the cars won't get stuck. What would the track setup be? I can use my evo for it. Its a car I don't care too much about anyhow.

i was told be someone that the evo truck lift kit is interchangeable with the cars, and big wheels and the height will help with getting stuck dont discount your evo yet, the lithiums will be fun to try withh the tv and camera. certainly motor upgrades can be bought, as well as the awd kits, for little in conparison to store prices. i am mostly worried about getting everyone to agree on a spacific setup for the cars. bearings are never a problem, i can get any kind , in fact i have 10 sets for evos. motors are still at radio shacks, as well as suspension upgrades, will definantly check on lift kitsand awd kits. one of the guys in a club mentioned their club does stuff like minivan racing to keep things fresh, and i agree with his statement, but instead of waiting to figure out what to do when it gets boring, we start out with something like this thats cheap to do , and fun because there are no rules in rallying. except dont fall off the cliff, its a long way down usually. i have to deal with what i have for now, i will soon have a mini-z, or 3 , tho im still not sure if what i have is worth using(white porsche) , i have intentions on driving in more than one class, more later , i have to go to work,bla! im not all familiar with the 2nd gen, so whatever we need to make it better, and fun will be gotten for all. i understand most dont have extra money for stuff, so we can do other things but worry bout money. if its gonna be fun im usually in until it becomes no more fun. ill put up some money to get everyone on the same level,
bodies will be the thing for everyone, tho available anywhere, its up to the driver what body you use. i have mustang kits, for everyone .

a7i20ci7y
2008.04.24, 08:13 AM
I'm down with Rally. And I have a Gen 2 xmod with some pretty good mods on it. I just need to replace a couple of things. RCP does have some "dirt" tiles, jumps and etc. Spoon has some bumpy tiles. I don't know if he bought them or made them though.

jazzyone
2008.04.29, 11:28 PM
i have 2 truck kits and will be attempting conversion saturday
the kits are out there, you just have to know it is. Iim up for getting tiles and stuff, sign me in. there are the jump kits that i was gonna suggest that we could all get.
imagination and ingeniuity can also aid us in making small jumps and stuff for rallying. i love to create, btw i can get bags of small pebbles, and some window screen for an interesting twist on rally in the 28th scale