PDA

View Full Version : ASF,good for home use?

wight
2008.05.03, 04:44 PM
Hi all.
I have been thinking i investing in an ASF car as I really like the LM cars and,from what I can make out looking on here,they do not suffer from interference like the conventional system.Is this correct?
I use my cars in my house on my in house track and do find that occasionally certain cars suffer from interferance at certain points of the room.For this reason do you think the ASF is a worthwhile investment if I am only going to use it at home?
I see at the moment conversion kits are also available,but surely once you have one controller then further conversions would need just the parts for the car.Do you think Kyosho will release conversion kits without the transmitter eventually?
I have also read on here recently about shorte run times with the ASF.Because I only run on a small indoor track I only use standard and X speed motors on my cars and get a good 45-50 minutes from them.Can I expect the same duration with these motors on an ASF?
Sorry for the dumb questions but I just like to get it clear in my head before I commit,after all they are still quite a lot more expensive than a standard mini z.

Cheers all.Steve.

cosmicsoul
2008.05.03, 04:57 PM
Reflex Racing sells an MR-02 chassis with out a TX for under $100.00 if I am not mistaken.

Jay

Flashsp-2
2008.05.04, 08:31 AM
Reflex Racing sells an MR-02 chassis with out a TX for under $100.00 if I am not mistaken.

Jay

Close, it's around $110, but still a very good deal.