PDA

View Full Version : Ball Diff Questions.

pbair
2008.05.03, 11:23 PM
Recently I got the Atomic SAS pro suspension and had to get a ball diff that would be compatible. So, I got the Atomic T.A.R. ball diff. It (the diff) came with all sorts of parts (o-rings) and this adjusting "wrench" (piece of bent wire) - which I figured is used to adjust the tension.

My question is if someone could describe how to properly get a ball diff adjusted - I tried looking for an existing thread on this topic but couldn't find one (please point me to one if you know of one). A tutorial or something like that would be sweet.

By the way, that SAS thing ruined my car's drifting abilities! It behaves like a 2 wheel drive with the hard plastic drifting tires (although this may be due to my un-adjusted ball diff?). Anyway, the car seems to do well with rubber tires in regular racing on carpet. Also I noticed that the SAS pro is a bit heavy and made my car's rear end heavier - probably would have been wiser to go with the standard SAS kit, but I couldn't resist the eye candy of the pro kit....

Thanks for any help.

mk2kompressor
2008.05.03, 11:45 PM
for drifting you need it loose,id say the best way to describe it would be 30% rear with the front just on the verge of slipping.
i usually hold the drivetrain with my finger to lock it(hold the spur),hold one wheel and turn the other(its all done by feel)there isnt really a definitive way of tightening it so many turns ect.