PDA

View Full Version : Motor parts

jimbo
2008.05.04, 12:25 AM
I am looking to try making a motor for my Z and i searched the forum but only found places that are no longer selling. So i was wondering where do you guys get your blank armatures, cans, magnetic wire, wire, etc. thanks

Flashsp-2
2008.05.04, 01:17 AM
I am looking to try making a motor for my Z and i searched the forum but only found places that are no longer selling. So i was wondering where do you guys get your blank armatures, cans, magnetic wire, wire, etc. thanks

Unfortunately there aren't any shops left. I have been searching for years and can't find anything any more. Your best bet is to buy ready-made motors (stock-R, Speedy-07, etc), gut them, wind them, then put them back together. This is what I have been doing for a while now. You can find the wire in spools at a bunch of different places online, just google magnet wire.

jimbo
2008.05.04, 10:23 AM
ok thanks thats what i figured, i don't want to make the fastest motor i can just one with some extra speed for my ol. I guess i need to get speedy 07. Thanks

eztuner12
2009.01.19, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately there aren't any shops left. I have been searching for years and can't find anything any more. Your best bet is to buy ready-made motors (stock-R, Speedy-07, etc), gut them, wind them, then put them back together. This is what I have been doing for a while now. You can find the wire in spools at a bunch of different places online, just google magnet wire.
Hi Flashsp
So if I have a speedy 07 52T and remove 15 turns would I achieve a 37T speedy 07??
Is this wise to do?:confused:
Thanks.
Cheers
BTW any idea of how many turns on a Speedy 05?

Flashsp-2
2009.01.20, 08:33 AM
Hi Flashsp
So if I have a speedy 07 52T and remove 15 turns would I achieve a 37T speedy 07??
Is this wise to do?:confused:

Not really, it's going to be faster, but at a big expense to torque. The wire is too thin of a guage to be used for such a low wind count. I would just pick up some 28ga wire and do it yourself.

eztuner12
2009.01.20, 09:17 AM
Not really, it's going to be faster, but at a big expense to torque. The wire is too thin of a guage to be used for such a low wind count. I would just pick up some 28ga wire and do it yourself.

Hi Flashsp-2
Thx U for your cordial help and reply
Please check on “possible to unwind and rewind motors? - in the Motor Tech forum”
For my final decision.
Again thx!;)
Cheers

ianc
2009.01.20, 03:01 PM
Jimbo,

Here's a little tip: Atomicmods sells (slightly) used Xmod stage 1 motors for $.99 (when they're in stock), so if you're ordering from them, pick up 3 or 4 for the arms, which you can rewind,

ianc

AFMiniz
2009.03.28, 11:44 AM
Flashsp-2, if I am using 28ga wire, how many turn should I wind? More exactly, the maximum number of turn can fit into the automic stock armature?

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 01:03 PM
Hi BLT
Thx for the winding tutorial man:). Unfortunately yesterday I visited the nearest RS and they were out of wires, they will have them in a couple of weeks. As you mentioned, they came in a pack of 3 different g
Cheers

wildthing
2009.09.30, 09:13 PM
what would be a good "brush" DIY?

benmlee
2009.09.30, 10:01 PM

RCKenon sells blank armatures, brushes and motor cans.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/index.php?cPath=62_71&sort=0a&page=2

As for the wire, you can get them from places where people buy parts to wind their "CD-Rom" motor for planes. Here is one place:

http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/

I should try to wind a motor one of these days.

ianc
2009.10.01, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the link Ben!

I wonder what the pros\cons of a 4.0 mm vs a 4.5 mm commutator would be?

Interesting...

ianc

Flashsp-2
2009.10.01, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the link Ben!

I wonder what the pros\cons of a 4.0 mm vs a 4.5 mm commutator would be?

Interesting...

ianc

4.0mm has more timing overlap so it has less torque/more top end.

4.5mm will dissipate heat better, last longer, and has less timing overlap so it will have more torque/less top end. The differences aren't something that is super noticeable though, so it seems like an insignificant point.

Felix2010
2009.10.02, 12:19 AM
Heyyyyyy! Flash! What's happenin' my man? Good to see you around again:D

I just wanted to say, These new PN bare armatures are awesome. The quality is very good. I also like the new 2009 PN 70t official-PNWC Stock motor; And I've tried the new PN 33t motor - Very fast, probably outperforming the Anima 2 by a decent margin (Specs say so at least), all while running much cooler (Temp & Amp-draw wise).

I like the new PN "EGR-type" BB cans a lot too. Some people say they have trouble with the endbell, but the overall quality and finish is excellent. I'm glad PN came out with these, since motor parts definitely are not as available like they used to be.... The only can I like better than the PN is Atomic's M1 can.

Magnets, brushes, armatures, motor cans - The only thing we don't have a line on is high-temp enamel/motor wire. There's a few places to get the stuff yeah - RS enamel wire is OK. Another place (My personal fave) is Maine-iac-motors-rc.com . Tell' him Lawrence sent ya... :D

jonnyj99
2010.08.13, 10:47 AM
There are many different types of motor parts. A car company makes a different parts. But, some part are did not in the market so we buy the original parts buying in the company. It is very costly prise.But it's gives a quality is very good. So, i can say we buying a parts original it is a better way for over car.