PDA

View Full Version : Racing Thursday

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

cosmicsoul
2008.05.06, 10:42 AM
Well look forward to seeing everyone. Hope all is well with everyone. I wonder if any other than Pedro, Mike, James, Wade and Lara look on here. Anyway if anyone is going to make it to the race next Saturday make a post to let us know you are coming.

Jay

kwsmith29
2008.05.06, 05:42 PM
I'll be there. Josh, Dustin and maybe my older nephew Rick might be a show. I'm pretty sure Freddy will be there.

I'm very much looking forward to having a good time with everyone.

Wade

pedrocamp
2008.05.06, 08:40 PM
You know I'm there! I am gluing more teeth on my pinions right now.

Pedro

Breeze
2008.05.07, 05:03 PM
It has been about 2 months now without a wheel in my hand and I am gonna miss this week also :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I serve on the Board of Directors of our HOA and the old fart President has called a meeting on Thursday night. His term is up and we will be voting in new officers. I will probably take over as President. If it wasn't important, I would bail. We won't be having anymore Thursday night meetings, that's for sure! :D

cosmicsoul
2008.05.07, 05:47 PM
Sorry to here you won't be around hopefully you can make it out next Thursday. Don't forget about the race on the 17th.
Jay

mleemor60
2008.05.07, 05:53 PM
It has been about 2 months now without a wheel in my hand and I am gonna miss this week also :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I serve on the Board of Directors of our HOA and the old fart President has called a meeting on Thursday night. His term is up and we will be voting in new officers. I will probably take over as President. If it wasn't important, I would bail. We won't be having anymore Thursday night meetings, that's for sure! :D

Lara,
How about the Diablo run. Hope you can make that.

Mike

fredz28
2008.05.07, 06:55 PM
:cool:I be there. Should be fun.
Fred

mleemor60
2008.05.28, 06:19 AM
Has anybody heard if we are racing the 29th or are we just playing?

pick
2008.05.28, 03:43 PM
Last I heard, we weren't racing anymore during the month of May per Vicki :(. However, if you find out something different I'll be there :D!
James

kwsmith29
2008.05.28, 09:21 PM
Who is planning on coming up this thursday? I'll be there with Josh, and Freddy is back in town already picking up some of his stuff. He be there. If they chase us out at 8:00 I have a track set up at the house we can come play here if you want. Open invite!

Cya later,
Wade

pedrocamp
2008.05.28, 09:37 PM
Love to come run with you guys Thurs but I am off to Dover, see what this stock car racing is all about. Hope HSH is back racing in June!

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.05.29, 08:19 AM
Anyone that can, should make it tonight please, if only for a short time. I would like to have some discussion on Diablo II.

Breeze
2008.05.29, 04:55 PM
I cannot make it tonight, but I will throw my .02 in for Diablo II. Maybe a Sunday race this time;)
Thanks

mleemor60
2008.05.31, 02:24 PM
Vicki is up for a run on Thursday the 5th I believe. Probably can work out an every other week throughout the summer if we want to keep it going. Let's show her and Jim that we do by having a great turnout and a smooth show.

Mike

pedrocamp
2008.05.31, 03:11 PM
Good news, I'm ready for some racing, thanks Vicki and Jim!

Pedro

pick
2008.06.01, 08:11 AM
I'm definitely there :D!!! Thanks HSH! Wade, appreciate the invite last Thursday, sorry couldn't make it. DO NOT VOTE FOR PEDRO :cool:!
James

cosmicsoul
2008.06.01, 01:33 PM
Not sure if I will have a way up, wrecked my truck last week hopefully I will have a rent car or something by then. A lady pulled out in front of me while I was going through a yellow light. Anyway I will try to make it if I can.

Jay

mleemor60
2008.06.02, 01:12 PM
WHO GOT THE TICKET? We know someone in law enforcement who might be able to help.

If you have a lap top bring it along with a disc and you can burn a CORE copy for your system. Or, maybe I'll have my second system by then you can just take that disc with you. I shouldn't need 2 and as long as we have a backup between us everything should be OK.

See ya there

Mike

Breeze
2008.06.03, 02:19 PM
I do intend to be there on the 5th - rain or shine, erh, I would really prefer shine :p See ya,
Breeze

mleemor60
2008.06.03, 03:10 PM
How is your Vegas caper coming? any resolution yet?

Breeze
2008.06.03, 03:23 PM
I actually got a letter from the Judge on Friday. He reduced the fine from $190 to $90 and I have until Aug 22 to pay. I feel better now :D

pedrocamp
2008.06.03, 06:36 PM
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... for a price.

cosmicsoul
2008.06.03, 07:13 PM
Looks like I am not going to be able to make it. Graduation party SATURDAY for my oldest daughter my world has stopped to revolve around her ungreatfull self this week. My wife has me working on every project that I have put off for the last six months this week. 10 to 12 hours at work 5 to 6 hours at work at home,this is what my life has come to. I am thinking about plugging all my battery chargers, my soldering iron and my dremel into a power strip and jumping into the tub with them on. Hope you all have fun tommorrow, if I don't see you all again it's been nice knowing you.:(

Best regards,
Jay Vasquez

pedrocamp
2008.06.03, 07:20 PM
Can I have your cool toolbox?

mleemor60
2008.06.03, 08:14 PM
I'll save the disc for ya

pick
2008.06.03, 08:46 PM
I,ve got dibs on Jay's spare parts, and if the soldering iron and chargers still work.....................:D
James

mleemor60
2008.06.04, 06:13 AM
Looks like I am not going to be able to make it. Graduation party SATURDAY for my oldest daughter my world has stopped to revolve around her ungreatfull self this week. My wife has me working on every project that I have put off for the last six months this week. 10 to 12 hours at work 5 to 6 hours at work at home,this is what my life has come to. I am thinking about plugging all my battery chargers, my soldering iron and my dremel into a power strip and jumping into the tub with them on. Hope you all have fun tommorrow, if I don't see you all again it's been nice knowing you.:(

Best regards,
Jay Vasquez

Sounds like we should get together and form a mercy mission to Jay's. Sounds like he could use it. Jay, just remember Lincoln's immortal words
" Dad, get a grip"

dhamby123
2008.06.04, 05:39 PM
Do you guys use amb or core at hsh?

mleemor60
2008.06.04, 06:39 PM
AMB autocount. The shop rents them or has them for sale

pick
2008.06.11, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to make sure we're not racing this Thursday. If anyone finds that it is possible, let me know and count me in :D!!
James

mleemor60
2008.06.11, 07:57 PM
Just wanted to make sure we're not racing this Thursday. If anyone finds that it is possible, let me know and count me in :D!!
James

James,
Should be a negative. This Thursday is hover and hide night. The copter clinic. We will be back the following Thursday. Any word on Augusst 16th yet?

dhamby123
2008.06.12, 07:56 AM
heli,s heck they can make the fly over for us .

kwsmith29
2008.06.12, 08:26 AM
Hey guys. I wanted to invite everyone over this evening to do some playing in my garage, but I had some stuff come and won't home till late this evening. I think the plan for hihg speed this summer is every other week. We will be racing next week, so the following week lets plan on playing at my place. I'm about 5 miles from the hobby shop in Kannapolis. I'll post my address and directions later today. Let me know who might be intrested so i can get some tables and pit space together.

Cya,
Wade

cosmicsoul
2008.06.17, 01:08 PM
Are we racing this thursday? Hope so!

Jay Vasquez

mleemor60
2008.06.17, 04:03 PM
I spoke to Vicki an hour ago. She said see everybody Thursday. This week will be an extra special occaision. PM me for details.

See ya there

Mike

dhamby123
2008.06.18, 07:57 AM
Hey guys me and a friend of mine will be out thursday night to race with you guys for the first time . 1 for the cars and 1 for the f1 .

pick
2008.06.20, 11:44 PM
Looks like you guys had a great race night on Thursday :D! Wish I could of made it, but had to work :(. My wife and kids have gotten spoiled by being allowed to eat at every meal, heat and a/c, living indoors, etc.:eek: So, regretfully I have to work occasionally. Hey, be sure to let me know the next race night. Hopefully I'll be able to make it :D. Oh, and someone better have saved me a piece of cake :cool:.
James

cosmicsoul
2008.06.21, 08:35 AM
It looks like racing will resume July 10th based on what Lara's post said in the results category. I think we will also be running in the opposite direction to spice things up a little. Should be interesting. Should even up your front tire wear a little anyway.

Jay Vasquez

pick
2008.06.30, 03:02 PM
Is anyone planning on going to HSH this thursday? I didn't know if the shop would be closed or maybe a little test and tune night :D.
James

mleemor60
2008.06.30, 03:08 PM
James

Nothing organized until the Thursday after the 4th. The 10th I think. Practice hard though. At the last event we voted to run the opposite direction(clockwise). It adds a completely new definition to the term "panic brake".

Don't forget Wade's earlier invite either, see post #33 in this thread

pick
2008.07.01, 07:55 AM
Thanks for he info Mike :). Sounds like I better be practicing going the wrong way. I have a hard enough time staying out of the wall as it is :eek:. The only brakes I have are Fred Flintstone style :D. I'll be watching for further info on Wade's get together. Hopefully I'll be able to make it.
James

mleemor60
2008.07.01, 02:38 PM
Just left HS. Sign on the door says closed on July 4-7. Hey, they are intitled to a little time off too. Even if it is for a trip to NYC. So practice hard on Thursday and remember what you learn.

Thenutslanded
2008.07.13, 08:44 PM
Newb here i dont know anything at all about a miniz lol but how much could i get a use one for basicly whats a fair price? or would i be better off on getting a new one?

Can these things be setup to run off of a external speedcroller?

Could you add a micro servo insted of the stock setup, to the miniz for steering?

mleemor60
2008.07.13, 09:13 PM
keep track of the forums. I think that our next race night will be August 6th. Just come down and spend the evening with us, meet some people and ask all the questions you want. Currently there are some pan cars coming to market that use components like the bigger cars do. Right now they are quite technical. The components they use group them into the pan car category which limits them to modified competition. For a beginner it would be benificial to start in the stock group and grow into the mods.

Thenutslanded
2008.07.13, 10:31 PM
thats cool im really looking for something that cost less than nitro i just sold the last of my 8th scale stuff last month and all i have left is some 10th scale emaxx's and thats about it if it was nitro i sold it i cant afford to drive 2 hours and then spend 15-25 dollars per class and with cost of 30% reaching almost 50 dollars a gallon HAHA not for me ill get back into the nitro when it goes down but for now im looking into something more like this and if everything goes good this week im gonna try and get out there
Thanks
Daniel

mleemor60
2008.07.14, 07:32 AM
High Speed Hobbies is truly a great store. Terrific owners and employees. You can probably trade in things for new. Jim is always open to a deal. They have a good selection of Mini's and a variety of parts both stock and aftermarket.
You will find that the Mini's are not to different to drive than 1/8th on road. To much speed in a confined area makes for a handful. Perhaps the best thing about mini-Z racing is that it is Air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. No rainouts and you can carry all your cars, chargers, batteries, tires and tools in a briefcase. Currently there isn't even a charge to race or use the track during store hours. You can even use your AMB transponder. If you don't have one there is a rent to own program. Honestly, I don't think there is a better deal in the country than what we have at High Speed. Join us for a good time. You won't be sorry

Thenutslanded
2008.07.14, 08:12 AM
That sounds great im gonna have to look up the number and give hsh a call and see what i could work out with them on a trade with the emaxx's i have i dont use them i cant race them so there sitting there wasting away

mleemor60
2008.07.14, 12:19 PM
Just load up what you want to sell and take it to the shop. They are very fair in all their dealings. Maybe you should come down the first time on a Saturday. The shop is open from 9 til 4 and you can usually catch some racers practicing and testing. It can be easier to talk to people without the pressure of having to get ready to race.

Thenutslanded
2008.07.14, 01:34 PM
sounds good im gonna see what i can do and maybe get down there this saturday :D

mleemor60
2008.07.14, 05:47 PM
Just might see you there. I'm sure I'll be there at some point after being on the road all week.

Thenutslanded
2008.07.14, 05:55 PM
sounds good if im there ill be the big guy there:D

drsmooth
2008.07.25, 06:54 PM
Hey Mike! When's the next race????

mleemor60
2008.07.25, 09:50 PM
August 7th I think or whatever the nearest Thursday

pick
2008.08.05, 08:13 AM
So, are we racing this Thursday for sure? I deffinitely hope so, I could use a Mini-Z fix :D. I hope to see some old guys wearing their fishing hats and maybe a crazy cajun in the mix :eek:. It's been a while, so we probably need to get the word out as much as possible if we're racing. Where's that short spanish speaking dude been :rolleyes:? I haven't seen him buying every Mini-Z posted on the web here lately :D. He's probably laid up in Greensboro about to die with no Mini-Z action :eek:. Oh, and everyone better watch out for Wade and his posse. I saw some spy pics of a killer test track at his house where some serious R+D is happening :cool:. See ya'll Thursday!
James

mleemor60
2008.08.05, 09:09 AM
Headed for HS after lunch. Will verify and report. It looks like we will have a guest again. Grant"Yasuji"Matsusomthing or other has been traveling the East and should be with us for Thursday. Grant, If you catch this post, Welcome in advance and I apologize for screwing your name up.

Mike

yasuji
2008.08.05, 10:17 AM
Headed for HS after lunch. Will verify and report. It looks like we will have a guest again. Grant"Yasuji"Matsusomthing or other has been traveling the East and should be with us for Thursday. Grant, If you catch this post, Welcome in advance and I apologize for screwing your name up.

Mike

lol:D
i will be headed down to nc tomorrow morning hope to be @ hsh wed afternoon i need a fix...its been 2 weeks or so since ive drivin...:cool:

pedrocamp
2008.08.05, 10:53 AM
Gotta dust off the fishin hat, maybe add a new lure or two. See you there Thursday.

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.08.05, 01:19 PM
lol:D
i will be headed down to nc tomorrow morning hope to be @ hsh wed afternoon i need a fix...its been 2 weeks or so since ive drivin...:cool:

Grant,
High Speed informed you are coming. Track is open to all during business hours which will be til 7:00 on Wed. Store opens at noon on Thursday with racing starting at 7:00PM. See Ya there.

cosmicsoul
2008.08.06, 07:53 AM
I am hoping that some of you faster guys have lost your edge during this sabatical. Some how I seriously doubt it. Anyway good to see some action on forum. Can't wait, I am going to make sure my afternoon schedule is clear so I can get to the shop early. Does anyone know what direction we will be running.

Jay Vasquez

pick
2008.08.06, 08:26 AM
I hope we'll run the regular way (direction), that's my vote :D. So we can get up some serious speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :eek:!! If we're gonna run the opposite direction, I propose that we completely redesign the track (not thursday, but in the future). It's kinda useless to have wide radius turns if you can't use them at the end of a straight-a-way :cool:. The faster, the better :D.
James

mleemor60
2008.08.06, 08:50 AM
Practice both directions that way you're ready depending on the vote or consensus.

yasuji
2008.08.06, 09:28 AM
Practice both directions that way you're ready depending on the vote or consensus.

just wondering.....why is it that you dont practice/race on a layout similar to the pnwc qualifier ?? it looks to me like u have enough room:o

mleemor60
2008.08.06, 10:07 AM
just wondering.....why is it that you dont practice/race on a layout similar to the pnwc qualifier ?? it looks to me like u have enough room:o

I don't really know. I do have some Q's for face to face tomorrow though. You are going to be able to stay around that long, aren't you? Had I not been called out on a quick road trip I'd have liked to spend the day with you today and tomorrow. Do you have a place to stay tonight? There are reasonable motels in the area.

yasuji
2008.08.06, 10:27 AM
I don't really know. I do have some Q's for face to face tomorrow though. You are going to be able to stay around that long, aren't you? Had I not been called out on a quick road trip I'd have liked to spend the day with you today and tomorrow. Do you have a place to stay tonight? There are reasonable motels in the area.

im a little behind this mrng......i think ill be leaving this afternoon i hope to be there for a few days thats the plan.............;)

mleemor60
2008.08.06, 11:52 AM
Check for PM

Breeze
2008.08.08, 12:35 PM
Hi Grant and Kelly,
It was a real pleasure meeting both of you. You are one fast cat, Yasuji.
Looking forward to racing with you on the 21st. Good luck @ the Big Kahuna. I will be watching for and rooting for your team. Enjoy the Cajun Spice ;)
Lara

mleemor60
2008.08.08, 01:39 PM
Lara,
Do you have the results to post? It was pretty cool watching Grant drive. Very much like a real CAN-AM race where the cars handled extremely well down the straights and were just pure muscled around the corners. Awesome to watch.

Breeze
2008.08.08, 01:52 PM
No, I didn't get the results, Maybe Pick did?

pick
2008.08.09, 04:21 PM
Sorry guys, I forgot to get them before I left :(. If someone else picked them up, I'd be happy to post them :).

mleemor60
2008.08.09, 07:28 PM
I picked them up earlier today. Grant visited again today. It wasn't bad enough that he broke the track record twice on Thursday dropping it to a low 6.5 and then again to a low 6.4 but today after a gear ratio change he ran off a string of 6.3's and ultimately a 6.251. pretty awsome. And remember boys and girls, he is coming back in two weeks to race again with us on the 21st. We are a pretty fortunate group of guys to have had the people compete with us that we have. It says a lot for the caliber of our group that these big guns want to run with us.

I'll have to do the results in narrative as I don't know how to do it the way its been done. I'll have them up by tomorrow.

yasuji
2008.08.09, 08:09 PM
I Gotta Say That Ive Been Having A Great Time Out Here On The East Coast
The Guys Out Here @ H S H Are Great To Drive With And The Hospitality Is Awesome
This Has Been The First Time That I Have Ever Raced In The C C W Direction And Its Not Bad.....;)
Heres A Few Pics From Thursday Racing @ H S H
SORRY THEY ARE NOT THE GREATEST

yasuji
2008.08.18, 02:04 PM
Ok Im Back In Town And Ready To Drive.....
Ill Only Be In Town Till Fridaymorning..... Then I Will Be Headed Down To Sc To Hopefully Drive In Myrtle Beach.....
I Will Go To Hsh Tomorow For Some Setup Practice;)

mleemor60
2008.08.18, 02:17 PM
Welcome back. I'll probably see you out there.

mleemor60
2008.08.20, 08:03 AM
Jim has told me that Vicki will not be available for Thursday due to project commitments at work. If we get enough of the right people to show up we may be able to solo. We should at least try. Don't you think? If we flop we will at least have a good time for a couple of hours and the shop can close on time.

There are a number of items to talk about before we get our new season started so come if you can even if it's just for a little while.

Yasuji will be in the house.

cosmicsoul
2008.08.20, 02:53 PM
It sure would be nice to run with the lap counter. I think Todd Waters and Michael Honeycutt know how to operate the system. Who knows maybe some others know as well. I can't even get my own lap counter to work! Oh well, should be fun anyway, I guess if enough people show we could hand count?

See Ya!
Jay Vasquez

mleemor60
2008.08.20, 06:50 PM
Jay, what mod motor were you looking for? I have a fair selection in stock

cosmicsoul
2008.08.20, 07:25 PM
ANIMA or CHILE. I actually have an Anima II coming soon or Anima not sure. I wonder if you have any 10, 11, 12 tooth gear preferably derlin not metal.

My name is Jay I need more parts, I have cash, please help!

So is anyone going to run the stinken lap counter tommorrow?

mleemor60
2008.08.20, 07:42 PM
I think that we should be able to pull it off. If not we will have had fun. I'll bring a couple of motors for your selection. Hasta Banana.

cosmicsoul
2008.08.23, 10:10 PM
Does any body know when the next race day is?

Jay

mleemor60
2008.08.24, 10:51 AM
I will check and report back. We had a great deal of discussion on some changes to the racing at HS. It was nothing earth shaking. The consensus among the racer's in attendance was that these changes would be necessary. Stay tuned for updates.

Breeze
2008.09.11, 02:54 PM
Hey guys,
The weather being kinda iffy, I may have to skip tonight. If I do come up, it will be a last minute decision. I'ts 3:50 now and I will have to leave in about 30 min. or so to make it up there. If not, I will try next week. Man I miss racing with y'all!
Breeze

pedrocamp
2008.09.12, 06:03 AM
Glad you made it Lara, to bad we didn't get to "really" race due to the timing system shutdown. We had fun anyways racing with hand counts. Took some pressure off and we really leaned on each other. Jim and Vicki have a new-old computer they will dedicate to the timing system. Look forward to F1 and the stockers next week.

pick
2008.09.24, 04:19 PM
I guess we're still racing this Thursday :D. Does anyone know if the computer is fixed? Also, what classes are we running? Is the Crazy Cajun and the Goofy Hat Crew from SC coming :eek:? Hope to see everyone there :).
James

Breeze
2008.09.24, 05:29 PM
I will probably have to work and might not make it up :(
Breeze

mleemor60
2008.09.24, 05:56 PM
Alternate week. Stock and Mod. Computer up and running. Still no tone for transponder hit but all else functioning normally. Vicki say's she is looking forward to the evening. Last week we had it but didn't know it. To race all we had to do was name a run and do a transponder check to load the race. I guess that's why she get's the big bucks. All that knowledge, you know.

See everybody tomorrow.

pedrocamp
2008.09.25, 10:56 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/120px-Dancing_Banana.gif
Where's the WD-40?
Gonna do the banana split on Norm and James in Mod!

Breeze
2008.10.02, 04:41 PM
I will not be able to come up to race tonight because of the problems in finding fuel. I also will be leaving next week for my annual trip and the next opportunity for me to race will be at the end of October. I hope y'all have a good time and I will see y'all when I am back in town. I'll be there on the 30th if there is a race.
Z ya later
Breeze

pedrocamp
2008.10.27, 06:43 AM
We will not be racing this Thursday, as Vicki said this past week. Could someone (Mike?) post a Holiday Season racing schedule? I know Vicki mentioned other weeks we may not be racing. She also mentioned she would like to start a points series in January.
Look forward to racing with Todd W, Todd G, Wade, Josh, Lara and the rest of our fast group again soon.

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.10.27, 07:29 AM
I will verify dates and get them posted.

pick
2008.10.27, 09:49 AM
Crap! I didn't make it last week, so I was unaware of not racing this week :(. I finally got another Thursday off and was looking forward to Pedro and Rodney smoking me while Norman puts me in the walls :eek:. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit in a dark room by myself and try to visualize racing @ HSH :D. Should I post the results of my imaginary race, or would that be innapropriate :rolleyes:?
James

marc
2008.10.27, 10:33 AM
Sounds like you need a Mini96 my friend.........:)

dhamby123
2008.11.02, 06:50 PM
next race? just wondering if you guys are racing this thurs? havent seen a schdule yet ? wanting to get back down and run some now that the weather is starting to turn cold .

cosmicsoul
2008.11.02, 09:47 PM
Good to hear from you wasn't sure what happened to you guys we should be racing stock and F-1 this week!

See you there!
Jay:D

pedrocamp
2008.11.16, 07:41 PM
Racing this week? Stock and Mod? Will anyone be wearing cat ears or carrying a battle ax?

Pedro

Breeze
2008.11.16, 08:11 PM
It has been awhile fellas. I'm looking forward to racing with everyone. You might want to put me in the C heat. LOL

pedrocamp
2008.11.17, 11:15 AM
It'll be good to run with you again Lara. I heard stock and mod this week, the last race before the Holidaze.
Looking forward to January and racing with everyone again. I hope Jim and Vicki sell a few cars this Christmas and we get some new eager racers in as well. With the economy the way it is, this is a cheap way to race and have a little fun!

Pedro

dalew2828
2008.11.17, 07:54 PM
Whats wrong with the C main lol. I think it F-1 and stock.

cosmicsoul
2008.11.18, 08:29 PM
As long as I'm winning put me in the D main!

Jay

pick
2008.11.19, 08:25 PM
I don't know or care what classes we're running, I'm bringing every car I got :eek:! I'm just glad to finally make another race night :D. Looking forward to that Crazy Cajun showing up again :p. Pedro, you gonna bring the big shoes :rolleyes:? Hey Norm, be a good friend and bring your SC pals with ya. I promise it won't hurt your odds of winning :eek:. Anyone heard from Wicked Wade? I'm telling ya, ya'll better watch out for him when he gets back :confused:. Anyways, see ya'll tomorrow night.
James

pedrocamp
2009.01.18, 07:33 AM
Hey guys were you able to race Thursday? Did you get a field? Timing system set up? Did the track work out or do we need another layout? Hopefully we can get everybody back in Feb. I know I will be racing regularly by then, busy this month with the team.

See you soon,
Pedro

Traveler
2009.01.18, 07:42 AM
I wanted to go, but didn't. Also wanted to get some practice in yesterday, but again I didn't make it. One of these days...

pick
2009.01.18, 08:51 AM
Regretfully I wasn't able to make it this week either :(. That whole responsibilty / work thing kinda got in the way :rolleyes:. Hopefully we can get back in the swing soon :D. I don't necessarily think the layout of the track is bad, but I would like to see it grow back to the original size. More room = more SPEED :eek:!!!
James

pedrocamp
2009.01.18, 10:50 AM
I agree, I would like it larger as well. Maybe if Jim and Vicki rearrange the store we will end up with more room. They do want to shift some cases and shelving around. I guess when we all are able to get back to racing it will help our cause - work and resposibility gets in the way again!
Hope you can make it out this week to race Traveler.

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2009.01.19, 05:07 PM
Hey guys,

There was a pretty good turn out Thursday. Mike French was out, Dale, Wade, Rodney, Todd, Conor, Ryland, myself, Earl and a couple of new folks. If I missed anyone no offense.:)

The track set up is smaller however more, technical. Mike French got the lap counter set up and it seemed to work great. All in all everything was great aside from the track being alittle smaller my only complaint is lack of pit space.

I am not sure that the store or the racers have really gained any real space from the new setup?:) What do I know? I am mostly just happy that I we still have a place to race!!!!!!!!!!! My thanks to Jim and Vicky. Anyway my 2 cents.

Jay

n2rc
2009.01.19, 09:18 PM
I'm selling my whole outfit if anyone is wanting to race up at High Speed Hobbies. 3 Cristian tabush built cars and a bunch of extras. Stock, modified and f1 with rc laps lap counters installed. They all regularly place in the top 3. Thursday nights have been hard to find lately. It seems whenever racing starts up my kids sports do as well. I think i only raced 4 or 5 weeks in the fall. If anyone is interested in the package deal there will be a lot of tires, bodies, parts, etc. I've also got a Kyosho wide oval with custom banked oval supports and 3 stock cars with hardly any time on them. I have to rearrange my den to set the track up and it never gets put up. It is fun to drive on though. Todd Waters 704-467-7782

cosmicsoul
2009.01.19, 10:13 PM
You know you don't want to sell all your gear? Do me a favor at least wait till the end of the season so I can beat you a couple of times!:D Come on man. Your like one of the first guys who talked to me when I got into racing. Don't do it! Sell of your stock cars and your track if you want, hold on to your racers!!!!!!!!!! Unless you have a secret plan to go all 2.4. Anyway, hate to see a friend quit racing. I know you enjoy racing Slashes with your son, but you will be missed if you quit. I am sure others feel the same.

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.01.20, 05:56 AM
I hate to see a great guy get slashed from our racing scene! Like Jay's experience, you were the first one to say "WELCOME". I'd hate to not be able to race you from time to time at least. We've had some great battles in the past, and hopefully in the future. Keep at least one... you never know when you'll get the itch. Those trucks are dirty anyway!

Pedro

pick
2009.01.21, 08:49 AM
C'mon Todd, you can't sell everything :eek:. At least keep some of the good stuff. We'll be cranked back up soon at HSH. And if you sell everything, you'll look like a crack head trying to find a fix :D. No offense to any crack heads who may be reading :rolleyes:. Either way, you will be greatly missed :(. I know, I'll just set up at your house. If I write you a ticket everytime you leave to go slash racing, you'll either come back to us......or lose your license :eek:! That's a win, win for me! Maybe I'll get a toaster at the end of the month for all those tickets :cool:. Now if I can just figure out where you live.....................
James

cosmicsoul
2009.01.26, 06:58 AM
I wonder who all made it out Thursday. Hope to be there this Thursday.

Jay

cosmicsoul
2009.01.31, 07:13 AM
So does anybody look at the forums any more. I wish someone would post something about the Thursday night races. Did anyone show up, times, picture, a poem, a rapp, something. Anyway, I am about to get some practice in here at my office, hope to see you all soon. Does any body know how to get a hold of the SC guys Todd, Norm and Bob?

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.01.31, 08:11 AM
Jay, missed you and Earl Thursday!
We had a pretty big group, even Norm and Todd came up. Had a few new guys too. 3 stock heats and 2 F1. Rodney swept the A mains. Todd W brushed the dirt off his shoes, washed his hands and was fast all night. Maybe I shouldn't say it: nobody buy his stuff! Well, maybe some, but leave him one (slow) car so he can come out once in a while.
James was there so maybe he will post results. We need to appoint alternate "posters" when James can't make it 'cause he's out bustin' felons.

tribe
2009.02.01, 11:03 AM
So does anybody look at the forums any more. I wish someone would post something about the Thursday night races. Did anyone show up, times, picture, a poem, a rapp, something. Anyway, I am about to get some practice in here at my office, hope to see you all soon. Does any body know how to get a hold of the SC guys Todd, Norm and Bob?

Jay

Long time no see! A new baby girl and traveling for work has limited my days off to go up and race with you guys. PM me on the forum if you want my email or phone#. I still have your "frankenstein" KT controller that I need to return to you.

cosmicsoul
2009.02.02, 07:25 AM
Hey brother congratulations. Theres nothing like a new baby!!!!!!! My littlest girl just turned 4, she is so sweet!!! Any way I hope to see you soon. I will probably be up Thursday. Did you ever get either one of those radios to work for you? Shoot me your # or your can call me 336-382-0719. Hope you are having a great day.

Jay

cosmicsoul
2009.02.02, 07:27 AM
Sorry guys I ment to PM that message to Bob. But if anyone else would like to call me that would be good as well!

Jay

mleemor60
2009.02.02, 08:16 AM
Will you answer? Or will it just go to voice mail like it usually does. If there is an alternate number PM it to me and I will gladly call.

pick
2009.02.02, 05:25 PM
Hey Jay,
I can't believe you and Earl didn't make it up last Thursday :mad:. You missed a really great night of fast racing :cool:. Of course, Rodney still cleaned house. But I've got a buddy named Vinnie coming down to "handle" that problem in exchange for a six pack :eek:. I would've gladly posted the results, but forgot to get them before I left Thursday night. We had close to a full house. Norman and the SC crew even showed up :D. Are you and Earl waiting for the gas prices to go back up :rolleyes:? Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone this Thursday!

James

cosmicsoul
2009.02.03, 07:57 AM
336-382-0719 cell
336-638-7206 home

pedrocamp
2009.02.03, 10:57 AM
Favorite color?
Pant size?
Movies that made you cry?

cosmicsoul
2009.02.04, 03:58 PM
Pink
38 25
Paul Blart Mall Cop

pick
2009.02.04, 07:15 PM
Dude, 25 :eek:? I know you're vertically challenged but holy crap! My 5 yr. old just outgrew some pants if you're interested :p. Maybe I can trade them to you for mini-Z stuff :rolleyes:? Does the fact that you're closer to the track level give you an unfair advantage? Hey Pedro, maybe we should try racing on our knees :D.

James

pinoyboy
2009.02.05, 12:02 PM
My spring break is coming up again and I may be looking to racing with you guys again. so far, does it look like there will be racing March 12th?

mleemor60
2009.02.05, 02:11 PM
I certainly hope so Hank. We will have just returned from the beach race. I think that Landon and Andy will be coming up for the same regular show.

mleemor60
2009.02.05, 03:54 PM
I am at the hobby shop right now. the PN order is in and ready for sale. Now the bad news. Vicki is way under the weather and has begged off for the evening. No organized racing but we can still do our thing. Sorry not to get this up sooner but I just found out.

hrdrvr
2009.02.05, 05:42 PM
Hey Hank, Iv e been talking to my dad about this, and have been meaning to hit you up. Ill drop a PM with a tenative plan (havent checked with the wife yet), and let you in on all the racing we can get done in your week off, lol.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.02.11, 04:06 PM
Mike,

Hope things are well with you.:)
I have a coulple of questions about race night March 12th:

What is the physical address of HSH?
Can you tell what class you will be running that night?
There is a Hampton Inn real close to HSH, do you know what exit that is?
What time does the track open for practice?

Donna and I will driving down from Va, I'm really looking foward to
seeing everyone.
Hopefully we will be seeing everyone March 7th also.

Thanks

Andy

mleemor60
2009.02.11, 04:39 PM
Big Bunny!! Where have you been? Hiding out in Florida? If I count my weeks right it should be stock and F-1. There are several places to stay reasonably close by and I believe Hampton is one of them. I will verify and report back. Get my regular email address from Landon and contact me.

Track is open during regular business hours for the shop which opens at noon everyday. Physical address for shop is 2510 Highway 29 South China Grove, NC 28023. Ph#704-855-2940

We should have quite a group coming down the 7th

Daddy Rabbit
2009.02.11, 06:19 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the come back and info.
Stock class, can I run my 2.4?
We are glad to hear that you guys are showing up the 7th.

Andy

mleemor60
2009.02.11, 06:28 PM
We are running 2.4's with a 70T in stock now so no problem.

MINIz guy11
2009.02.24, 06:48 PM
Well, this may be a bit early (6 weeks) but I would like to find out some information. My family will be passing by on our way to SC and would like to find out if you guys are open the week of April 5-12.

Also, are you still running the AMB timing system or have you moved to another system? I have Core transponders, but not AMB ones. Do you guys also have loaner transponders I could use/rent?

mleemor60
2009.02.24, 07:05 PM
We race every Thursday Starting at 7PM. Sometimes it turns into a practice session but we are always doing something. The track is open from 12:00 every day and you can practice for free. The shop has a very good selection of both Kyosho and PN parts. We are still using the AMB system. There are transponders available on a rent to own basis or you may be able to borrow one as a number of us have more than one. We run stock every week and alternate between Mod and F-1 every other week. We are getting $5.00 to race regardless of running one or both classes. If you are too young to have a drivers liscense you race for free. Our stock class runs any single stack fets with up to a speedy 07 motor. 2.4 with 70T runs stock also. F-1 is open as are mods. No foams, lipo's or brushless. It will be nice to have you. If you competed at either Hot Wheels or Action you have probably raced with one of our own. Tommy L.

Traveler
2009.03.19, 08:40 AM
Gentelmen, start your... motors. Looks like I will finally make it for my first race night tonight :D

pedrocamp
2009.03.21, 06:02 AM
How did the racing go Thursday? Sorry I missed it, looking forward to running with you Traveler next time. Did you race stock and mod or F1? Did Jay have his new Ferrari out? Norm and his hat?!

Pedro

Traveler
2009.03.21, 06:16 AM
Pedro, I enjoyed my first race night. Nice group. Jay was there. Cool dude, but I didn't see a Ferrari. He was driving a McLaren in stock. They also ran F1 which I don't have. I got to run with the novices and still got my a$$ kicked :eek:, so I have a lot of practice to do ;) Not to mention making my car faster. I can't believe how fast the "stock" cars at HSH are.

I got to run in 2 heats, but had to leave before the race. Thursdays are not the best night with the current family schedule, but I will try to make it back at some point. In the mean time, I will be working on my cars and my skills.

Marwan

cosmicsoul
2009.03.23, 09:40 PM
Hey man,

I think your car was plenty fast! What gearing are you running? You would be suprised how much speed you can gain with the right gearing. Also you have to take into consideration that most of our stock guys are running single layer 4562's or 8858's combined with speedy 07's which are a tad faster than the double stack 3010's your 2.4 car comes with.

Although I haven't managed yet I am determined to get my 2.4 car w/70 turn up to speed. Thursday was the 3rd time I have run that car so we will see. You where doing great though. I wish I could get my car as quiet as yours was. Although being able to hear seems to help some.

Well glad you came out!

Jay

Traveler
2009.03.24, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Jay! :)

When I got home, I did some minor adjustments to the car and I think its running better. Switched from soft to medium PN Tplate, lubed motor bushings, added a drop of comm fluid, replaced the GPM alloy rims with ATM plastic dish wheels and added fresh tires all around with tape and glued edges. Also added a white stripe down the middle of the body for better visibility on the track.

As for gearing, I was running PN 64p 12/53 for a ratio of 4.417 at Mike's suggestion.

Looking forward to my next trip down to HSH. Until then, I will keep tweaking and practicing. :D

dhamby123
2009.03.31, 11:40 AM
Hey guys danny here . not trying to dirty up your tread but wanted to offer this to you guys first . unfortunatly im not gonna be running the mini-z stuff anymore and im looking to sell out .. i have a mr015 with a few upgrades and upgraded fets.. and a mr02 fully loaded with upgraded fets. plus all my parts . im looking to get atleast 150 bucks for everything if you are interrested give me a call at 336-749-3317 as i donot frequent this site to much. ill be listing this stuff on ebay in about 2 weeks for more .. just thought i would offer it up to you guys first .. im in winston area but am willing to meet you around the shop one evening if need be .. thanks guys ....

pick
2009.04.02, 08:17 AM
Hey guys. I finally got everything caught up to where I could make it tonight after missing 3-4 weeks in a row :mad:. However, just wanted to make sure ya'll were planning on racing before driving out :D. Also, I have no idea where the rotation is for F1 and Mod :eek:. Hope to see everyone there!

James

mleemor60
2009.04.02, 09:03 AM
Last week turned into test and tune. Bring both. Vicki should be back in house.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.04.14, 11:57 AM
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well:)
I was just wondering, are you racing on Thursday May 14th?
That is the begining of race week.
We will be coming in town on the 13th for the All Star race, but I could always talk Donna into coming up a day early:D to race.
Look foward to hearing from someone.

mleemor60
2009.04.14, 03:47 PM
There shouldn't be a reason for a night off. Come a day early and bring your gear. I will get with you later on dinner one evening while you are here.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.04.14, 03:56 PM
Thanks Mike
I will check with you later as to what classes you will be running.
We have another couple coming in Friday for the AS race, but maybe after the Thursday race, if that is not too late.
Let me know.

cosmicsoul
2009.04.15, 07:45 AM
It will be great to see you and the wifey:). May is going to be a good month we'll get to hang out a bit at Highspeed and 843 in one month. I would go ahead and bring all your cars, we will definately be running stock. Mod and F-1 alernate week to week. See you soon!

Jay

Daddy Rabbit
2009.04.16, 04:04 PM
Jay,
Looking foward to it:D
We will be getting into the area around lunch time on Thursday and finding HSH early so as not worry about where I am going that evening.
Take care:)

pedrocamp
2009.04.16, 09:15 PM
DR, It will be great to see you. Let me know if you want to come out to JGR while you are here. Look forward to racing with you at HS.

Pedro

Daddy Rabbit
2009.04.20, 11:59 AM
Pedro,
The visit to JGR would be a nice addition to our trip.:cool:
Donna got excited when I told her about it, so let me know when the timing is best for you. That's going into the beginning of race week, so I hope that doesn't complicate things.
Look fowrad to hearing from you:D

pedrocamp
2009.04.21, 11:32 AM
Andy, just let me know when you would like to come out. I will PM you my phone number and personal email. I will be happy to show you and Donna around, if you have anyone else coming with you bring them as well.

Pedro

mleemor60
2009.04.30, 08:30 AM
It seems that our brethren from below the border have had their passports revoked. Norm, Todd, Bob where are you. If needed we will sponsor your trip north so you can get your visa's renewed. We really do miss you all from our gatherings so get in touch and let us know how everybody is doing. Bob, it has been so long since we have seen you that new baby is probably ready for a prom dress or a tux. I can't remember which.

Where Oh where has the Ragin Cajun been? No excuses!! An email or an occaisonal post would let us know if the dog has eaten anything else. You are way overdue mon frere.

Jay, Earl, what is up with you guys? The two of you can't make us go cold turkey for this long. Get in touch. Please.

Hopefully we will have a regular show this week. We didn't have Vicki last week due to root canal work. She had so much fun with it that she had another done yesterday so we will just have to wait and see.

To Millertime and the Monroe posse. Bring it! You should have enough stuff gathered up to make a showing.

James at least you have a viable excuse for not being present. It's tough work creating revenue for the State.

I know I have missed a few but I have an excuse. I'm old.

See everybody tonight.

MillerTime
2009.05.01, 07:07 AM
Well I had a great time last night! Thanks to everyone for the help, particularly Mike, Pedro, and a few others that I forgot or didn't get the names of.

I got the Z reasonably setup and did pretty well I think for my first race. 53 laps I think in the main, well short of what the Pro Stock guys were running but not too far off the pace. With a bit more practice maybe I can get ready to move out of the Novice class before long.

I'm looking forward to doing it again soon, see everyone then!

Chris

mleemor60
2009.05.01, 08:29 AM
For me it is good to put names to faces especially when the are racers. At this point for me it is the gathering that has the most meaning. I really enjoy the competition but more and more I find that the only one I can compete with is myself so if I get in the way just remember that I don't get around that well anymore. Figurativly as well as virtually. To anyone that needs help my box is always open.

Guys sitting at the computer and trying to keep the races going is a lot like having the lead in the "A" with 30 seconds remaining and second place closing in fast. What Vicki and the shop does for us is beyond belief. I figured it would be a cinch beyond the keystrokes but that part in itself is pretty demanding. I had to walk away after not nearly learning what I wanted. I'm not giving up though. Once I get it done it will be somone elses turn so start deciding amongst yourselves who it will be. After we get three or four with the skills it will be easier to teach the rest. It is something that really needs to happen.

Chris, did you and Harold make it to El Amigo an if so did you try the Aleetos de Pollo? Next week I will try to give you the short cut back south.

Thanks to all for coming.

Traveler
2009.05.01, 08:56 AM
Well I had a great time last night! Thanks to everyone for the help, particularly Mike, Pedro, and a few others that I forgot or didn't get the names of.

I got the Z reasonably setup and did pretty well I think for my first race. 53 laps I think in the main, well short of what the Pro Stock guys were running but not too far off the pace. With a bit more practice maybe I can get ready to move out of the Novice class before long.

I'm looking forward to doing it again soon, see everyone then!

Chris

I couldn't agree more and would like to echo what Chris said. I had a great time at my first race and still can't believe my heart was pumping that much. Really felt like I was in the car. Thanks to everyone for a fun time. And a special thanks to Pedro and Mike. Hope to be back with you guys soon.

Marwan

mleemor60
2009.05.01, 09:51 AM
My apologies Marwan. As you have been visiting the shop for awhile I had forgotten that you actually hadn't raced a full show yet. It is amazing how much seat of the pants feel you get from these little cars. Add in the rush of competition for an eight minute race and when it's over you feel like you ran a marathon. Cool, ain't it?

pick
2009.05.01, 11:02 AM
Had a great time last night at HSH :D! However, my capabilities have not improved as a driver :p. But, it was fun and fast as usual. We had a lot of new faces, but were missing some old ones that I hope will reappear in the near future :cool:. I'm hoping to get back on a regular racing schedule now which would be nice. I'm fairly confident that my few extra tickets have'nt made much of a difference in the $3 billion dollar state deficit :eek:. Looking forward to next week if possible :D.

James

pedrocamp
2009.05.01, 11:34 AM
Great racing last night... Good to have Marwan and Chris racing with us, hope you guys had fun. They had a great race in stock. It was a good turnout, glad to see James back at it, still fast after his hiatus. If the tickets don't make a difference paying off the States credit cards then we'll see you next week! Hope to see some of the other old faces soon, Lara, Todd G, Bob and even Norm...

MillerTime
2009.05.01, 11:58 AM
Chris, did you and Harold make it to El Amigo an if so did you try the Aleetos de Pollo? Next week I will try to give you the short cut back south..

Yep we stopped there on the way home, excellent food. Harold had the Aleetos but I went with the Super Enchiladas. Actually everything on the menu looked good by 10pm. :D

mleemor60
2009.05.01, 12:11 PM
Everything on the menu IS good regardless of the time of day. So next week I will give you the short cut.

Traveler
2009.05.01, 12:16 PM
My apologies Marwan. As you have been visiting the shop for awhile I had forgotten that you actually hadn't raced a full show yet. It is amazing how much seat of the pants feel you get from these little cars. Add in the rush of competition for an eight minute race and when it's over you feel like you ran a marathon. Cool, ain't it?

No harm my friend. And its very cool :cool:

Can't wait to try out the SLR :D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.05, 11:54 AM
Hey guy's,
Looks like you had a great turnout this past week.
How many people did you have all total?
What classes will you be running Thursday the 14th?
What time do qualifiers start and what time (about) is racing over?
I look foward to racing with everyone again as well as the folks that I have not raced with.

mleemor60
2009.05.05, 01:20 PM
Looks like stock and F-1. Track opens when store does races start at 7 and we are usually done by 9:30 ish

MillerTime
2009.05.07, 11:04 AM
Who is coming out tonight? I'll be there, looks like no one else from my group will be however.

pedrocamp
2009.05.07, 11:32 AM
I will be there, I am sure Mike, Dale, Rodney, Wade, Josh, James and some of the rest of the regular cast of characters... hopefully Marwan too... great to have you come race with us again, get the other guys out sometime!

Pedro

MillerTime
2009.05.08, 08:43 AM
Good racing last night to everyone!

I also want to give my thoughts on the racing in general at HSH. I'm the new guy so I don't want to step on any toes but sometimes a fresh perspective can be good, so take it for what you will.

I think the class designations at HSH need to be reconsidered - mainly the Pro Stock class. I've been trying to get some friends to come out and race there but it probably won't happen. I'd say the reason they probably won't race often (if ever) is also affecting many other potential racers, so give it some consideration please.

I think allowing FET mods in the stock class is a mistake, it's not something that the average person can or will do. Even the rulings on the 2.4 cars is off, they cannot run the same lap times as an AM Pro Stock with stacked fets. Getting all the speed I can and through maybe 100 laps last night I never broke a 7.2 and my average was around 7.5 seconds. You have Pro Stock cars running low to mid 6s however. I know a lot of that is driving and setup, but when I come onto the front straight a second ahead of another car with the throttle open and a smooth exit line, then get passed 1/4 the distance down that straight, things are not equal. From what I understand the fast 2.4s in that class also have added fets?

I'm all in favor of going fast, I mean that's the point :D But I really do think it's going to hurt your chances of getting new racers if there isn't a class that is run without board mods. I don't mind getting the work done on mine, it's relatively cheap compared to what most racing costs, but then I have to consider what that means to running a stock class elsewhere. Unfortunately a board mod isn't something you can undo for a race like a motor change is, and that makes me hesitant to do it.

So again, not trying to come in after two weeks and tell you how things should be done, but I wanted to put out my thoughts that might help get some new faces in the door. Are the current class restrictions based on a larger series like the PN racing or something or is it something that developed on it's own over time?

pick
2009.05.08, 09:33 AM
First of all, sorry I couldn't make it last night guys :(. However, I should be able to squeeze it in for the next two weeks in a row :D.

Millertime, I understand your frustrations. However, the rules that are in place @ HSH were constructed by both the owners of HSH and the racers together over the last few years. I think the rules are more than fair to anyone starting in the sport and they parallel rules at other Mini-Z tracks pretty closely.

I was once in your shoes, but quickly found that speed is not always the answer. Consider this: Any stock 3010 fet car is capable of running a 7 second lap with good batteries, the right setup, and driver on our present track configuration. That would give you 8.57 laps per minute and 68.5 laps in an 8 minute main. If you ran 68 laps in a main you would have easily broken our track record!!! You've been with us for 2 weeks and have already achieved 7.2 second laps :D!!

My point is this, I myself found that concentrating more on my driving and car setup improved my times exponentially. To be honest, I actually run better races when my car is a little slower.

On the other hand, our rules state that 2.4 cars when ran in the double stack configuration must be 3010 fets and a 70 turn motor. If someone is changing to a better double stack fet, then it should be driven in the modified class. The single layer fet cars (either 2.4 or AM) can be any single layer with either an X-speed or speedy07 motor. NO AWD MOTORS!! Everyone knows the rules, and I'm sure some try to bend them occassionally. But for the most part, I think everyone plays well together.

We've got a great group of guys on Thursdays and I hope it keeps expanding every week. We're split up into different mains to accomodate newcomers until their skills and/or cars allow them to move up. Give it some time, steal some ideas from the old heads and it'll come together. I think anyone there, my self included, would show you their setup. Crap, most of us would even help you do the work on your car. It took me a solid 6 months of practicing, changing setups, and racing before I hit the A Main. A couple years later and I still don't win, but they know I was there :eek:!!

Make sure to have fun, that's what this is all about!! Fast racing, great friends, and stiff competition defines HSH :cool:. Remember, in the end we're still just a bunch of grown men playing with little cars :p.

James

MillerTime
2009.05.08, 10:49 AM
Hey James - thanks for the input there!

I've been into RC racing of different types for a good while now, so I do understand that driving and car setup is about 90% of a good racer. But what I was referring to with the 2.4 speeds is down the straights, where setup and driving are not a factor. A stock 2.4 with a 70t motor is nowhere near the speed in acceleration or top end of what others are running in the Pro Stock class.

I also don't understand some of the reasoning on the class rules - if you allow an AM car to race with any fets and a 70t motor then why would the 2.4 chassis be limited in fets when running a 70t motor? I guess part of the problem is that I've never actually seen any definitive rules so maybe I don't even understand what they should be.

I have had a lot of fun at HSH, and I don't want to sound otherwise. I'm trying to get a grip on what the rules really are as I've heard and seen many different things. Also as I mentioned, my #1 concern is around making the track more welcoming to newbies.

Thanks again

pedrocamp
2009.05.08, 11:22 AM
I, and I am sure all, at HSH welcome your comments and suggestions. It's great to get new racers, beginners and those experienced in other scales of the hobby. I started racing MiniZs at HSH after a few years of 10th scale touring car racing, and while I felt my driving was, lets say mediocre, I was getting blown away due to my car having 3004 FETS. I did have to do a FET job to be able to run up front but felt that it was something I had to do because even Kyosho had updated their own boards to 3010 FETs. While single 4562 FETS were allowed, I didn't feel they gave that much of an advantage over the 3010s or the 8962s for that matter that I fit to my AM board. Clean driving would always win as far as I was concerned.
I think at the time the rules were fair. Boards for the mod class were unlimited, as were motors, which is still true. With the introduction of the 2.4 car we came up with a problem, where to put the cars. Many tracks were going to unlimited boards with 70T motors for their stock classes, AM or
2.4. We decided, since we had a few people with a significant investment in their AM cars to keep the rules for AM cars as-is (single layer board and XSpeed/PN Speedy motors) and allow the 2.4 cars in the stock class with PN 70T motors. I do differ from James here in that I don't recall it being said that the 2.4 cars must keep the double FET configuration.
I was, I think the first to regularly race a 2.4 car and found that while I could be reasonably competitive, it was not as fast as a single FET/AM/Speedy car. On our current track I could do no better than a 6.9 second lap while the faster AM cars could do better than 6.5 laps. I raced the double 3010 configuration until recently when I went to an added layer of 8858 FETs, a legal change I thought. This has allowed me to get to a 6.5 second lap but the fast AM cars can still hit 6.3 laps. While I feel there is still an advantage to the AM package I think the FETs have leveled the field. This does present a problem as Chris has brought up. To be competitive with a 2.4 car you must do a FET job, otherwise you need an AM car to go fast.
The new 2.4 cars have their benefits but how do we balance the performance so that someone can buy a car . To be continued...

pedrocamp
2009.05.08, 11:30 AM
We have the added problem that races such as the PN series and other tracks have the unlimited board 70T motor rule. A car that might be good for HS won't be fast enough for these out of town races and prevents guest racers from other tracks running with us since their car won't conform to our rules. "I have run out of lunch time...."

MillerTime
2009.05.08, 12:07 PM
I, and I am sure all, at HSH welcome your comments and suggestions. It's great to get new racers, beginners and those experienced in other scales of the hobby. I started racing MiniZs at HSH after a few years of 10th scale touring car racing, and while I felt my driving was, lets say mediocre, I was getting blown away due to my car having 3004 FETS. I did have to do a FET job to be able to run up front but felt that it was something I had to do because even Kyosho had updated their own boards to 3010 FETs. While single 4562 FETS were allowed, I didn't feel they gave that much of an advantage over the 3010s or the 8962s for that matter that I fit to my AM board. Clean driving would always win as far as I was concerned.

That's really what I was trying to say - I'm glad that I wasn't alone there. While setup and driving win races, you can feel when your car is underpowered. I don't hope or expect to win but I'd like to be able to keep the pace when my driver is working right ;) Right now I have to take the straight really wide if anyone is behind me because I don't have the power to stay out of their way by speed.

Did anyone try racing the stock 2.4 board with the stock motor and see how it compares? I'll bring mine out next time and record some laps to see if that's in the ballpark or not. I actually replaced my motor with the 70t before ever putting batteries in so I'm not sure how much difference there is. If that doesn't work then maybe I'll just run it in mod class. I just want to be able to stay on pace without modifying the board, at least for now.

Traveler
2009.05.08, 12:31 PM
As another newcomer to HSH, I have had the same feelings as Chris, in that my 2.4 car with 70turn motor wasn't as quick as the AM cars, even in the novice group. Jay suggested I not worry as much about top speed and focus more on improving my driving skills. Sound advice no doubt, but I still felt I had a bigger handicap. So much so that I've been thinking of rigging up an AM car with better fets and a Speedy07 so I wouldn't feel this way.

Not sure what the solution is, but I just wanted to validate Chris' feelings. I think I'm going to take Jay's advice and stick to the 2.4/70turn combo for now, but when my skills get better, I may have to go to a faster car. Lookout:D

pick
2009.05.08, 01:35 PM
Hey Pedro when I was speaking of 3010 fets in the 2.4 car, I was trying to say that the only acceptable double stack fet configuration in the stock class is 3010. Of course a 2.4 car could be converted to any single layer and ran with a speedy07 or X-speed. Sorry for the confusion :). Sometimes the thoughts in my head aren't easily interpreted as I write them down :eek:. I edited my original post so it would make more sense.

Hey guys, the thing you have to remember is that the 2.4 cars come stock with a double stack fet job. And, the double stack car will outperform the single stack when paired with the same motors. The 70t motor came about so that someone could run the 2.4 car in the stock class. We also made an exception for their bodies. Traditionally, pan car bodies (which are basically LM bodies) were only allowed in the modified class. And even though you can run the LM body in the stock class, I can only run my pan body in the modified class. Not a big deal, just the rules.

I don't have a 2.4 car, but have driven and raced against several. I personally think that the double 3010 / 70t combo is very comparable. If not, somebody needs to suggest another motor. However, it is not fair to race a double stack board against a single stack board with the same motors. That's the whole reason for a modified class.

Either way, I don't make the rules...I just follow them. If the powers to be change them, then I'll build another car. No biggy. I went through some of the same issues when I first started racing at HSH, and no I'm not a stranger to rc racing of other venues either. I'm glad you guys are racing with us and hope you bring your friends back. Also, if you want to look at the actual old rules goto the HSH website. The changes to accomodate 2.4 cars is under the "new season new rules" thread here :D. I may have a copy of the rules that were handed out last year. If I can find them, I'll post them later.

James

cosmicsoul
2009.05.08, 02:32 PM
My 2.4 car has a stock double stacked 3010 board with 70 turn motor. I completed 64 laps with my fatestest lap 7.03 being the most laps I have ever run in over a year and a half. I have run 6.8's with my stock 2.4 board. If you want to go faster try changing your gear to 64 pitch 12-52, 53,54. The 70 turn motors seem to like the 750 mah(huge difference) batteries better than the 900 in my experience I have only been running my 2.4 car since Feb I would have been happy to get 58 laps after 2 weeks. I have just come to the reality that I probably will never be faster than Rodney, Pedro and Wade but it sure is fun trying. Believe it or not there are guys even faster than them!!!!!! Try peeking your batteries before races that could help too!

There are so many variable: Battery matching, motor break in, bearings, is your car binding at all, oiling the endbell of the motor and bushings, the lines you are driving and so forth.

My understanding of the PN 70 turn fet rule for the stock class is that that it is unlimited as many as you can fit on the board of any kind.

Well thats my 2 cents. If you want an AM car let me know I probably have one or two of whatever you need.

Jay :)

MillerTime
2009.05.08, 02:40 PM
Well I read over the thread "New season new rules" but I still don't really understand :)

"The big change is coming with the addition of the new 2.4 cars to the stock class with moderately strict limitations. The cars may be upgraded just like the existing stock class cars with the exception of the motor. The motor will be the spec PN 70 turn."

The cars may be upgraded just like the existing stock cars - but I don't know what the previous limits were on stock. Is that any setup of single stacks, any setup at all, etc? Also does that mean that the AM cars are limited to a 70t motor as well?

Someone help me so I can understand what can and cannot be done to my car. They way I read it is any car in Pro Stock can use any FETs but only the 70t motor?

pedrocamp
2009.05.08, 04:10 PM
Before the 2.4 cars came out, the HSH rules for all AM stock class cars:

Single stack board, any FET allowed. ie 3004-3010-4562-8962-8853-etc...

No external turbo boards

Stock motor, Kyosho X Speed or the PN Speedy 05-07, No armature swapping or rewinding

Stock Kyosho based chassis, any chassis modification. No aftermarket chassis, ie MRCG, P-28, Sinister, etc...

ASC type bodies, no "pan" style bodies or lexan.

No foam tires or lipo batteries.

When the 2.4 cars came into the shop, we knew that they could not run to the same rules since they came with a double stack board, they would be faster with a Speedy 07. We agreed that they could run with the new PN 70t motor or the stock Kyosho motor only. All the other chassis and body rules would apply, other than the allowance for the LeMans type bodies which technically are similar to the pan bodies.
I guess I don't remember if we actually stated they were limited to a double stack but I suppose an experiment in parity has been carried out over the last few months I have been racing my 2.4 car. I did run the stock double stack board up untill 3 weeks ago. I was consistently .5 sec lap slower than the fast AM cars. At one point I built an AM car with a Speedy 07 and ran .3 second lap faster with the same batteries and tires. After I fit the extra layer of 8858 I picked up about .3 to .4 seconds per lap. I still feel that the AM cars still have a bit of an advantage power wise, but I think we have about as much parity now as possible. I think Rodney and Wade would agree.
To your concern, Chris, that you must FET your 2.4 to be competitive with the AM cars, that is true to win the A, given clean laps and comparable driving ability. Not to say you can't win with a less powerful car, I won a few mod races with my stock class car. How a stock Kyosho motor with a stock 2.4 board will run against the AM and FETted 70T cars is unknown by us really. We should test to see if it is a competitive package. The stock Kyosho is supposed to have slightly more power than the 70T but with less longevity and no mounting screw holes for the newer aftermarket pods.
As I see it each option has its advantages and disadvantages and you have to choose one that suits your driving style, pocket book, likes and dislikes. In the end I think staying clean, especially in this scale where contact is nearly unavoidable, is the key to winning.

pedrocamp
2009.05.08, 04:16 PM
We do need to get together and draft an updated rules package to post on the HSH website and on this site. We should clarify the 2.4 board rule - is triple stacking allowed with the PN 70T motor? By my experience as stated in the previous post - yes.

cosmicsoul
2009.05.08, 06:14 PM
Pro Stock-Any single layer fets , Speedy 07, 05, 70 turn, kyosho stock or x-speed. Any fet combination combined with PN70 turn motor. No lexan or pan car bodies. Kyosho chassis only.

Mod- Any fet combo, any motor, any body, any chassis.

F-1-Same as above, Kyosho chassis and body only.

All classes are limited to rubber tires only and Nickel metal hydride triple AAA batteries only.

I am pretty sure these are the rules we are going by.

Short and simple:)

Thanks,
Jay

hrdrvr
2009.05.09, 11:17 AM
Pro Stock-Any single layer fets , Speedy 07, 05, 70 turn, kyosho stock or x-speed. Any fet combination combined with PN70 turn motor.

I think by having multiple 'stack' and miltiple 'motor' rules, you guys are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Ive allready stated all of my feelings in y'alls last rule thread, so Ill limit my comments in this discussion.

I will say, that by leaving the rules like they are now, you guys make it hard for some one to come there and race competetively, and you take your guys out of the competition when they travel. Maybe to the people who never want to race outside of HSH its okay, but I know there are people who want to travel, and they would benefit heavily from you guys having rules that are more similar to the gen pop.

Limiting a stock 2.4 board to a weaker motor than an upgraded AM board is just ludicris! If we had the same rules you did, we would still be racing with the same 5 people we were a year ago. Since adopting more accepted rules, we are up to about 20 semi-regular racers in Myrtle Beach. Every one who has joined our group has the same speed levels of the existing drivers, and they see that as a reason to try. If there is a major difference between the new guy, and the regular drivers in straight away speed, the new guys are going to be detered immediatly, and possibly give up all together.

If you are trying to convince people who have never raced before that a 70t/2.4 combo is just as good and can be as fast, then thats cool. Telling some one who has experience racing that they can still win against other people of similar skill with a slower car is a little harder for them to swallow.

Jay, I know you mentioned trying different gearing, and batteries, but the guys running the faster motors can run the same gearing, and the same batteries. They will still have more power, and be faster in a straight line. It will sitll be harder to overtake them, then some one running with the same powerplant.

When every ones skill levels are far apart, then the set ups and motors can be too. Only the skills and driving determine the wins.

Once you guys all start getting on the same level, then youll need to level out the cars with equal motors. Our group is tight enough that four of us are fighting for the win every night. There are three more that when have a good run have just as much of a shot. If you gave any one of those 7 people a speedy07 on single 4562s, they would be pretty much guaranteed the win. If every one was running them, but one person was on a 2.4/70t car, he wouldnt have a chance!!! Basically if you choose the wrong gearing, or put a weak set of batteries in, dont have the right set of fresh tires, you are loosing positions right away. running a weak power plant is a sure way to lose.

It seems like to me the newer guys coming into your club have previous racing experience, and theyve seen what a small advantage (or disadvantage) can do to a racer, or a group of racers when the skill levels are close. What point is it to try and be the best driver there, if some one slightly less skilled can wield a faster car and still take wins from you?

pedrocamp
2009.05.09, 11:49 AM
I agree with you Landon... I would like to see us go to the now common open board -70T stock rules. I think we are a club in transition. We do have a core group that have an investment in the AM cars and don't really want to spend the money and labor to change right away. I guess in the end it really doesn't leave an option for someone who wants to race a stock board competively, you have to FET. I suppose that is another thing you have to invest in - like tires, spring sets, gearing, etc.. - if you want a chance at running with the fast guys. You are always free to run your stock board till your driving improves but when you are ready to go for a win you need to invest in the equipment. We can't have a totally stock class, in the end its the parts sales that give us a place to race, kinda like the popcorn at the movies.
I think we are getting there, it is hard to convince someone to give up an advantage...

cosmicsoul
2009.05.09, 06:35 PM
I guess we have enough guys to run Pro Stock(HSH original rules) and PN Stock rules as two seperate classes if people are worried about not having an advantage or edge. This would definately put people on a more even playing field.

Who know's whatever we do or don't do I'll be there running something!!!!!!!!!:) I've got enough parts and cars to put something together for any class you can probably think of or invent!:)

Jay

pick
2009.05.10, 09:24 AM
You know what amazes me is that I believe we already have a really great group and a wrather large turnout on a regular basis. Everyone helps everyone, and no one gets mad. Myself and others have regularly taken parts out of our boxes and donated it to other racers with no money changing hands :cool:. Never knew we had such big freakin' problems :mad:.

Speaking of close racing.........it's anyone's race in either main. You'll see the whole field separated by fractions of a second, what's wrong with that? And yes, I think we've all been in some sort of other RC racing in the past. And I think we'll all agree that these little cars are some of the hardest to master (both in driving and setup). They are extremely sensitive to say the least. And hardly any of us run the same setup due to driving styles.

On to the car issue. A couple of weeks ago I won an A heat with 33 or 34 laps in 4 min. And my fastest lap was right about 7 sec. flat. Now how can you say that a 7 sec car couldn't win. I lost the 8 min main, but not because the car was slow. The driver SUCKED!! My car has ran 6.5 sec laps and 7.5 sec laps all with the same single layer 4562 and a speedy07. I've also seen other racers run sub 7 second laps with a 70t motor. What's the difference: driver and setup. I know of no sport that you'll walk into and start beating the seasoned veterans in a couple of weeks. If winning was my only reason for coming, I would've stopped a long time ago.

When I started racing at HSH, I had to heavily modify my car and put in a lot of practice days at the track. I don't practice as much now and you can tell it. But, I'm running the same boards and motors from almost 2 yrs. ago. The only thing that has changed has been bodies and setup. Oh, and no I don't care anything about racing somewhere else. If I did, I would build a car specific for the other track. Fact is, no matter where you go, the home team guys always have an advantage. Just the way it is regardless of cars.

So I say whatever................... If you want new rules everytime something new comes out, change them!! If you want a faster motor, buy it and run it. Or crap, if you want an AM car, let me know and you can use one of my spares which has been setting on a shelf collecting dust since these things never break. But please JUST RACE!!!!!!!!!! No one changed any rules to accomodate me, and I've been racing since it was a carpet track. Not as long as others, but quite a long time to say the least. If rules are changed to benefit the entire group instead of a few they seem to make more sense. But right now I truly don't care. I would be just as happy running in the B or C Main as I long as we're having fun hanging out with my buddies. When it ceases to be fun............................:eek:

kwsmith29
2009.05.10, 09:36 AM
Ok, my turn to jump in. This is an age old problem that exists in any type of racing created by the evolution(or destruction) of the a hobby or sport. I understand everyone's point of view. The simple fact is 2.4 and am cars are two completely different classes. Pedro and myself have been working for several weeks to try and determine if an open board 70 turn car can run with an open single fet speedy car. The jury is in, plain and simple; NO. The best times I've seen out of the open board 70 turn car is 6.5's. Rodney with my car and Pedro with his both this past week. I know both Rodney and I have been in the low 6.3's with our AM single fet speedy07 cars. Imagine the difference in time if we were on a bigger track. If we went BACK to X speeds this would possibly bridge the gap. But who knows.

There are so many ways to look at all of this. I know I would love to convert over to 2.4, throw and extra layer of fets on be have a PN legal car. But the problem of a stock board 2.4 or AM being completive will still exist. There is no way to bring fetted boards and stock boards together, and for that matter no way to bring a stock 2.4 and stock AM(3010) board together. The only way to fix this problem is to add stock 2.4 class. As far as the stock 3010 AM board that's why we originally had a stock and novice class. The novice class would allow a new racer a class to run in be completive and learn. I have always offered new racers a reasonably single fet upgrade to what is completive($20 or less). I have always made the statement we have to have classes where a newbie can buy a car off the shelf do a few minor upgrades(bolt on) and be completive. Koysho has created quite a problem in my opinion. They have alienated the older AM racers by double fetting the 2.4 cars. And PN has added to this problem by allowing open fets and no stock boards in there series. This is a problem nation wide, I promise.

What's the fix? We are. We need to get together at the track one evening and figure this out. I know we don't have the time to add more classes to our race program. The Mod class has been around for a long time, but there are only a few true Mod cars out there and only a fewer drivers able to run faster lap times with the mod cars. Maybe the Mod class needs to become what our stock class is now. Then there will be room for a true 2.4 stock class(double fets 70 turn). Then the mod cars with double fets can go to a 70 turn and run with the stock 2.4 cars. This should bridge a gap between old cars and new ones, and the performance should be the same. We could even make this our LM class, most of the 2.4 cars off the shelf are LM's. The PN legal car(open board 70 turn) would have to run with the open single fet cars. I think this would be about as close as the classes will be. I don't think we can eliminate the open single fet cars. That's what most of the local racers have. I know I can afford to retool all my cars with 2.4 boards, buy all my guys new radios and 2.4 modules, and buy a lap top so I can program the boards to perform the way I need them to, to be competive.

Give me some input.

cosmicsoul
2009.05.10, 02:43 PM
I wonder if we just regulated classes by motor and say Speedy 07, and x speed. I still think a single layer 4562, 8858 car with a speedy 07 is going to be faster than a double stack of 3010's with an 07 who know's. I am content just the way things are. I am driving my 70turn car better than any speedy 07 car I have set up. Like James if I was in it to win it I would have quit a long time ago! Can you say 64 laps in 8 minutes yeah baby!:) Thats just 6 laps behind Rodney. Mostly I enjoy hanging with all my friends that I have made over the last year or 2. Don't get me wrong I would love to win all the time. Personally I say we just keep things the way they are. It seems like the last time we changed things up or took a break we lost racers. We are short about 10 guys since the Diablo. Oh well, Happy Mothers day!

Jay :D

MillerTime
2009.05.10, 03:59 PM
Would the current Pro Stock fetted AM cars with a 70t motor be the same as the stock fetted 2.4 car with a 70t motor? It seems like that's the idea that PN Racing has done by opening the class to any board mods but creating the equalizer in the motor.

If that would be an equal class then it only requires people to buy a $10 motor to convert their current setup.

I know I haven't been a part of the group and like I said I'm not trying to create a problem, but honestly you can't expect to gain any new people into the group if there isn't a set of rules that are well defined and at least close to equal. Before I bought my setup I asked around the group to see what the current rules were for stock and everyone I asked had a slightly different answer. The "middle ground" of all the answers was the 2.4 car with a PN 70t motor, geared 10/44 would be close to equal to the AM cars running in the stock class, so that's what I built. It was obvious from the start that this setup does not have the straight line speed of the current AM pro stock cars. Looking back through this thread and the older "new season new rules" thread it was said by several people with a lot of experience in Mini-Zs that they would not be equal, and some of those that have raced this setup at HSH say the same.

Again, I'm not talking about the differences that setup and driving ability make. That is a given in any class of any type of racing. However if you take those parts out of the equation you need to be based on somewhat equal equipment restrictions. Surely I could win a race there with my current setup if I ran clean consistant laps without a mistake, but even the best of the group cannot do 8 minutes of clean and consistant racing. My statement was just that the 2.4 stock board with a 70t motor gets dusted along the straights by the current AM pro stock cars.

kwsmith29
2009.05.10, 05:53 PM
If I'm understanding your questions right the answer is, no....A single fet AM board with a 70 turn will not be able to compete against the 2.4 car. The 2.4 car with it's stock double fet 3010 and a 70 turn will easily out perform the open single fet AM car with the same motor.

Like I said on my early post. The closest we've seen anything is the 2.4 car with the third row of fets and the open single fet with a speedy or x speed motor.

I truly belive Chris has a point and we need to talk about making room for a double stack 70 turn motor class. At least the LM 2.4 would have an platform to be competive on. We even spoke about this a few weeks ago. Turning the Mod cars in to LM cars with the open board and 70 turn rule. If we limit these cars to double fets, think about it for a minuet guys. This class would be a bunch of fun. Lazy throttle and very good handling body and chassis combo. Leave the current stock class alone as is, and allow any open board with 70 turn motor to run in this class.

cosmicsoul
2009.05.10, 09:52 PM
So are you saying if guys want to run 70 turns with open boards in pro-stock that is fine. And start a 70 turn LM class with open boards. I think this would be fun to.

Any way you go when it comes down to it, if you want to be the fastest you have to upgrade your fets.

Jay:)

kwsmith29
2009.05.10, 10:55 PM
No, the LM class would be max double fets. This would be perfect for the stock 2.4 boards. And I belive most if not all the current mod cars we have are just double fet. This would get us off to a great start for this class.

-J-
2009.05.10, 11:30 PM
The LM class idea sounds great. I'm in Hong Kong now, and we have something almost exactly the same, and it works quite well. I'm also moving back from Hong Kong to Charlotte this summer and plan to come and race at HSH.

pedrocamp
2009.05.11, 07:15 AM
I think we are getting some good dialog going. Just to make sure I understand your proposal Wade:

A new 70T stock LM class which includes 2.4 and AM cars with max double FETs and the PN 70T motor for both, this class allows Lemans bodies and all other ASC bodies but no pan bodies.

The current “stock” class continues; single open FET AM cars with the Speedy motors and open board (PN rules) 2.4 cars with the 70T PN motor. No Lemans or pan bodies.

Elimination of the mod open board - open motor class.

I think the Lemans class would encourage participation, especially from those with 2.4 cars since no board mod is needed. The AM cars would need to add a layer, not a big issue really. I believe this class would ensure the most parity in equipment. I would run this class but since I have already added a layer to my stock car it would mean me buying a new un-layered board. I think this class has the most potential for growth locally.
I would only run the other “stock” class, our current stock class, to test my PN rules open board 70T car, ie if I can outrun the AMs then I have a good car for the next out of town event. Since this package does have a slight disadvantage to the single open FET Speedy cars I don’t see much of an increase in participation for 2.4 chassis locally.
Visitors from other tracks with open board rules cars would have to run “Classic” stock with a 70T, though at a slight disadvantage from locals running single FET AM Speedies. This also leaves us with no place to run aftermarket chassis like the MRCG or P-28. I would like to continue to run my MRCG. Could it be allowed in the “Classic” stock class? Could pan bodies be allowed in the “Classic” stock class? Would this class become our defacto mod class, just with motor/FET limitations?

pick
2009.05.11, 09:13 AM
I agree that it is good to get some feedback on the subject :). However, now I must rain on the parade :(. The new class thing is a great idea. But, I can already hear the crying. We barely have enough time to run the classes in place now. So, what do we do? Put it in rotation with Mod and F1? Rotate it with our present Pro Stock? Doing either will potentially make other racers drop out due to not having cars for every class. And if the new class is in a rotation, then the new racers couldn't race every week which would bum them out. This is gonna be a hard call since we have gotten great participation in every class includung F1 :cool:.

But, I've been doing some research :eek:. I don't really like this idea, but I think it's the most feasible to try for just a couple of weeks. Let's let the stock 2.4 cars with a double stack 3010 board run a speedy05, speedy07, or X-speed motor in the pro stock class. According to some info published, the single layer 4562 (or similar variation fet) has barely less performance than a double 3010 stacked. From what I've read, the difference is so small we might not even see it. Now, when you stack 4562's (or similar fets) the difference is huge. So, we would have to make sure the only double stack boards allowed would be STOCK DOUBLE 3010 BOARDS !! No stacking of any other fets should be allowed at all!!

I think that creating another new class is a great idea if we had more time :D. But, as we all know, we run too late already.

This new rule would allow the guys with multiple stack fets or something other than 3010 fets to still run with a 70t motor as we usually do in Pro-Stock. It wouldn't affect any of the AM cars currently running single layer boards either. All it would do is allow a stock 2.4 board to run the same motor as everyone else. And, as usual, anything running a double stack other than 3010's with a non-70t motor would run in modified. No extra classes, no more fuss.

Somebody is probably yelling right about now :confused:. But we've tried running the stock 2.4 boards with a 70t and nobody is happy. We could come up with an alternate motor to try, but I think we're just complicating things. I propose that we just try it for a couple weeks. If the stock 2.4 boards begin dominating we can change again.

One more thing, this allowed board needs to be STOCK!! If you're 2.4 board burns up, either fet it with single layer of your choice or be prepared to run in it modified. There's no way to see what kind of bottom layer was put on when re-fetted. We don't need to be stacking 3010's on AM cars either because of this. Let's keep it simple. Remember, we're just trying to make the stock 2.4 cars competitive. If you're gonna fet your car, you can abide by the rules already in place :D.

Here is a link to the most informative data on fets for mini-z's I could find http://www.mini-z-guide.com/mosfet.htm

James

cosmicsoul
2009.05.11, 09:30 AM
I think it would be great to have an true LM class, here again we run into another problem. True most mod cars have double stack fets, however most have 4562's or 8858's or something faster than stock 3010 fets that the stock boards come with. Although introducing the class would be great fun, once again upgrading fets will be required to keep up with the fast guys.

The only way for every one to truly be on the same playing field is to have a fett specific, motor specific, battery specific class.

I am all for introducing a new class, I am not for eliminating a class to do it though.:)

When it comes down to it, if you want to go fast you have to upgrade your fets, with any car purchased brand new from Kyosho. The single layer 3004 and 3010 cars can't compete with single layer 4562's or 8858's. Double 3010's cant compete with double 4562's or 8858's. I think this is why PN came up with the rules they have.;)

Personally I don't mind running my 70 turn set up in the stock class with speedy O7's. Personally I think it would be alright to let stock 3010 x 2 boards run speedy O7's in this class. I really don't think they would be any faster than single layer 4562's or 8858's. My old F-1 had 3010x2 with a speedy O7 and I never turned more than 60 laps with that setup. I have a mod car with 4562's x2 and a speedy O7 and I never did more than 60 laps with it either.

The only thing that is going to make a stock 2.4 board 3010 x 2 really fast is going to be a modified motor: stockR, Chile, Anima, T2 and etc. Even in this scenario we all know that most of us can drive our stock cars faster.

I don't care what you run, not many people are going to run 70 laps regardless of what you run. That is why at a national level the same guys are always winning. Good gear and good setups will get you part of the way but you can't buy talent. When less than 60 seconds is seperating you from the fastest guy the only thing that is going to get you there is practice.;)

FYI, just read James post while writing this post I agree with him completely, hoping that if running 70turn we could have an open board rule conforming to PN standards since I just modified mine.

Jay

cosmicsoul
2009.05.11, 09:41 AM
Just read James post again, I am safe! I think James has some good thoughts, comments and ideas.

James, I wonder you would mind typing up these proposed rules and bring them to the next race so that perhaps we could discuss them and maybe take a vote. Maybe you could just post them here.

I must say this is the most action we have had going on here in the forum for awhile.

I wonder if anyone has the SC crews number so we can get them back in the mix.

IMO, James' suggestions are the most viable solutions other than creating new classes.

Jay

pick
2009.05.11, 09:42 AM
I agree Jay with keeping the open board 70t rule in place :D. All we would be changing is allowing a stock 2.4 double 3010 board to run a speedy07, speedy05, or an X-speed. This way someone can buy a 2.4 car off the shelf and have the same speed. If everyone looks at the link in my earlier thread, you'll see that this will be very fair to all :cool:.

James

MillerTime
2009.05.11, 09:47 AM
I like James' idea too - I really didn't want to out the current Pro Stock racers or add another class to the rotation.. I just want to get the 2.4 into the mix with as little impact to everyone else as possible.

I'll be at the track Thursday around 5pm with an X-Speed in my 2.4 and see how it feels. I'd welcome any of the better drivers to take it around the track some too to get a more realistic idea of just how fast that is. As I understand the Speedy07 motors are a good bit more powerful than the X-speeds so maybe that will work out.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for listening with an open mind and offering suggestions!

Chris

MillerTime
2009.05.11, 09:50 AM
I wonder if anyone has the SC crews number so we can get them back in the mix.

I've been curious on the SC group - do they race anywhere? I'm in Fort Mill so I was hoping maybe there was another group somewhere closer to home for me. I'd like to get in touch with these guys too, if they're not racing anywhere maybe we can get something started on another night as well.

pick
2009.05.11, 09:52 AM
I don't really think you'll see any difference between an X-speed and a speedy07 other than the way it sounds. They are both very comparable. I do think the speedy07's are more consistent though. Either way, keep in mind I was just making a suggestion. Everyone has to agree before there can be a rule change :D.

James

pedrocamp
2009.05.11, 10:48 AM
I do think that limiting ourselves to one stock class is best, although we are getting a more complicated motor/FET equivalancy formula with no enforcement other than honor. I know though that we are all gentlemen and it should be no problem. Then again I work in NASCAR...

pick
2009.05.11, 11:42 AM
I have attached a proposed rule change at the request of others. This, of course, is just proposed :D. It would have to be voted on and approved by the HSH staff / owners. I've also attached a proposed challenge format. Let me know what you think. Make sure everyone understands that I don't care if we change anything at all. I'm happy just the way it is. This is only my suggestion to help accomodate other racers in making the new 2.4 cars more competitive :).

James

kwsmith29
2009.05.11, 06:24 PM
I hate to be negitive. But, with two even drivers one with an open single fet and one with a double 3010 fet car the double 3010 will run away and hide every time. But hell I'm in.

kwsmith29
2009.05.11, 06:29 PM
One more thing, what about the rule no LM bodies in stock. My understanding was they could only run with the mod cars. Thats why I suggest converting the mod class to 70 turn several weeks ago. I thought everybody was up for this change. Was I wrong?

cosmicsoul
2009.05.12, 07:47 AM
Although I think LM should be a class of it's own and it would be simple to convert MOD to LM. We would be alienating new guys with LM 2.4 cars in the stock class that runs weekly. LM class would rotate like Mod leaving the the LM 2.4 guys only to run every other week.

These are only my thoughts and opinions, I hope you all know my intentions in posting are only for the good of the group. Ultimately I know and understand that it is not up to me.

pick
2009.05.12, 09:11 AM
Hey Wade,
As I have posted in the past, I really believe in the back of my head that a double 3010 board will be faster than any other single layer board when utilizing the same motor. However, the statistical data I posted shows otherwise :eek:. It actually states that a double 3010 board would be almost exactly equivalent to a single layer 4562 (or similar variation) fet. Without trying, I truly don't know. I do know that we will have to strictly enforce that the only stacked board not required to run a 70t motor in stock will be a virgin, untouched, 3010 board :D.

I also agree with you on the LM bodies basically being just like a pan body. But people have been running them in stock for quite a few weeks. Instead of arguing that my pan body should be allowed in stock also, I may just purchase an LM body and try it out. Wish I would have known this was gonna happen before I sold my Kenwood LM body :confused:.

Oh well, as you said, let's just try it for a few weeks and see what happens. All our rules will stay exactly the same, except for allowing the stock double 3010 2.4 cars to run the same motors as everyone else :cool:. The main purpose will be to allow a new racer to buy a 2.4 car off the shelf with a Speedy07 and be competitive.

In my mind, though, buying parts is buying parts. What difference does it make if you're buying fets, motors, or suspension parts. Ya still gotta buy something :rolleyes:!! Fact is, not all drivers or cars will ever be exactly equal. So, if it makes the masses happy, do it for awhile. If we see a major advantage, change it back. No biggy :D! Like I said earlier, don't matter to me, I'll be running the same junk I've had for two years :p.

James

pick
2009.05.12, 09:14 AM
Oh yeah, almost forgot :eek:! Jay is right, we just don't have enough time to run another class :(. And you can bet your butt that some will scream if they're limited to running their cars every other week :D. I think we're kinda out of any other solutions.

James

Traveler
2009.05.12, 10:29 AM
I was out of town for a couple of days and I'm catching up on this discussion.

The purpose of this post is to encourage the discussion. Change can be difficult, and one of the best ways to have a good outcome is to have open and honest discussion. Would like to congradulate you all on accomplishing this.

Another key to success is involving all stakeholders. Unless I missed something, one that comes to mind that has been conspicuously absent from the discussion is Mike (there may be others). Mike has been very helpful in getting me ready to race. He is also very involved with the group and the shop. I see him as a key stakeholder and encourage his input in the debate.

From my standpoint, I look forward to running with you all again regardless of the classes you end up adopting. Its a whole lot of fun and I hope to be able to make it down this Thursday night. :D

kwsmith29
2009.05.12, 10:33 AM
The stock class is our bread and butter and should continue weekly. I don't belive the suggest lm class should run every week. Under my suggestion it would replace the mod therefore run every other week. Sorry guys I a purest. I'v been quiet latly but GT cars are Gt cars and should run seperatly. Thats why the pan cars are not allowed and the same reason LM cars shouldn't be running with stock(gt cars).

pedrocamp
2009.05.12, 11:28 AM
I think that mod and F1 are different than the LM class. The LM class seems to me a good entry level class due to the lower speeds and limited board specs, just as the stock class is intended to be. In our discussions I think we have incorporated the LM 2.4 chassis into our stock class and we have been allowing the prototype bodies to race recently. I would hate to tell a beginning racer that just bought a new 2.4 LM car that he can only race every other week because of his body. I don't really think that there is really much difference aero wise at this scale between an FXX and a Porsche 962, especially at our current track size. Does an Enzo have a higher CG than a Mazda? The biggest differences in the bodies are overall weight and the distribution of this weight. I think one of the reasons Hank was so fast down in Myrtle was his very light car, somewhere around 165g I have heard. There is no doubt the prototype bodies have a low CG but probably not much lower than a few GT cars and the Porsche 962 in particular does carry a weight penalty. You also have to remember that even if some of these bodies are able to produce downforce it comes with the penalty of drag. Hank might have stiil been quicker in his 70T McLaren than a pan body due to it's exaggerated aero, downforce at the penalty of drag at a fast track. These bodies are good with mod motors and on 1/8 scale nitro cars with power to spare. The old Can-Am cars which these bodies are styled after weren't very efficient. Some of them, a couple of the older 917 Porsches, produced lift rather than downforce. Most had around 800hp.
Still, I don't think we should allow pan bodies in the stock class. I also I would prefer to see enough racers and time to run separate GT and LM heats. Even full scale sports cars run together, we could have a winner in GT, a LM winner and Overall Winner.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.13, 12:00 PM
Hey guys
Any suggestions on what tires I need to run tommorow night.
Donna and I are getting there a little later than we thought, but we will be there for the race.
Thanks

mleemor60
2009.05.13, 12:46 PM
You can run Kyosho 20 rears either slicks or radials and Kyosho 30 fronts either slicks or radials. Pn's work as well but I can't tell you which ones and of course thr RR ssg rears are golden. All types in stock except RR.

I'm sure you have my cell# in case you get hung up or lost.

It will be good to see you and Donna again.

cosmicsoul
2009.05.13, 12:51 PM
Personally I am running PN 10's up front and Kyosho 20's in the rear.

Some are running Kyosho 20's or 30's up front, Most are running 20's in the rear. PN 8 or Paradas or Reflex SSG will work as well.

F-1 is what you would normally run hard up front soft in the back. I can't remember 30 front 20 rears.

See you soon!

Jay :mad:

pick
2009.05.13, 08:12 PM
What's up with the mad :mad: face beside your name Jay? Do we need to do a little mexican hat dance to make you happy again :D? Or should we suspend racing for a week so you can lay down on the couch and share all your problems :eek:? Or were you just seeing if I would notice? We're here for you Jay. Help me, to help you :p.

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.14, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the tire help guys:)
See ya tonight

MillerTime
2009.05.14, 10:38 PM
Great time again tonight folks :cool:

Traveler
2009.05.15, 05:59 AM
You beat me to it again! Same here.:D Sorry you didn't get to finish the main Chris

mleemor60
2009.05.15, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the visit Andy. Hope you are satisfied with your performance. See you and the group next week.

MillerTime
2009.05.15, 06:48 AM
Yeah that was dissapointing.. but I'm still working the bugs out. ;)

cosmicsoul
2009.05.15, 07:36 AM
Mostly I am just glad that I beat Earl.:cool: My cars ran great thanks to Pedros handy work.:) I did improve my fast lap time a bit.

I definately need to practice. At the end of the night Wade busted out a car that Rodney drove a 6.3 with and Jay drove a 7.3:(

Overall I was relatively happy with my performance it would be nice to see to see more guys show up so we could run 5 to 6 guys per heat only.

I have heard some commentary amongst drivers about driving ettiquite. Maybe it would be a good idea to print out the proposed rules or current rules and proper driving ettiquite expectations, so that we can have them physically posted on the drivers board or some where every one can see.(I am pretty sure this was a run on sentence)

Having a 60 second drivers meeting discussing these things prior to each night of racing could probably result in some real smooth racing.:D

Lastly, I really enjoy racing with you all! I hope you have a real nice weekend.

pedrocamp
2009.05.15, 03:00 PM
Etiquette !!!? I think I will machine up a set of 2mm chariot wheel nuts! Unfortunately ole number 3 isn't around to host the meeting.

Great racing last night as always.

Rodney is just fast...

Thanks Jay, I will.

pick
2009.05.15, 04:10 PM
Rodney is fast?? How about Rodney and Pedro are freakin' CRAZY fast :eek:!! We all better watch out for that Wade guy too, cause he isn't far behind :cool:. When they're not looking, I think I'll just set fire to all their stuff :p. Flames always makes for an interesting night :rolleyes:.

I greatly enjoyed the competition and fellowship last night. Twas a great night of fast racing at HSH as usual :D.

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.05.18, 01:43 PM
I had a great time last Thursday night, thanks for having me, look foward to it again in the future.
Hope to see a few you guys this weekend.

I told some of you that you could show up Sunday only and register to run one qualifier and the mains,sorry, I WAS WRONG, YOU CANNOT DO THIS!!:mad:

You have to be registered, paid and checked in by 11:00 am Saterday to race on Sunday. Sorry for the misunderstanding I will stay out of the planning and the rules in the future.

Again thanks for having me Thursday and Vicky if you are on the forum, thank you and if Vicky is not on the forum, would someone thank her again for me.See all of you next time.:)

Pedro, check your PM's

MillerTime
2009.05.19, 09:06 AM
Will everyone be there this Thursday? I know some of you are going out of town this weekend, wasn't sure if that would affect your race night here too :)

mleemor60
2009.05.19, 09:21 AM
There will be pretty much the usual crowd I'm sure. The parts you requested last Thursday will be there as well. As soon as the order comes in I will post it on the alert thread. See you Thursday.

Traveler
2009.05.22, 04:56 PM
I was out of town on business this week and it doesn't look like I'll be going to MB for the PN race :(

But I look forward to being back at HSH next week :)

I'm setting up another 2.4G/70T car and I have a transponder on order from MRT in England. May need someone's help with choosing the best plug and figuring out placement of the PTX on chassis.

Best of luck the the HSH racers going to the PN race!

pick
2009.05.23, 08:48 AM
I usually use a Futaba 2 wire J style plug in. Jim keeps these in stock at HSH. There are some smaller plugs available, but my fat fingers struggle manipulating them :D. Also, I've been running the RCLaps transponder for about a year now. I've found that they are much more reliable when using an external power source. A small 1 cell LiPO works great and will last FOREVER on one charge :cool:. If wired directly to the car, the voltage sometimes drops too low under full acceleration :mad:. This makes for a real problem at our track where the transponder line is at the end of the straight-a-way. I've also noticed significantly more glitching when the tranponder is wired to the car. These problems occur with the regular AMB transponders also, as I own and have tested them too. Oh, and when placing the transponder, try to keep it away from the antennae. Just a suggestion :rolleyes:.

James

Traveler
2009.05.23, 09:48 AM
Thanks James. Not sure when my new transponder will be here, but I will bring it with me when it arrives. Will we be running this Thursday as usual?

pick
2009.05.23, 10:23 AM
Everyone should be there except for me :(. I've gotta make the state some money this Thursday :eek:. However, I may come by on my lunch break if there's time :D.

James

Traveler
2009.05.26, 05:28 AM
Pedro,

Congrats on the PN 2ws win at the beach! Wish I could have been there...

:)

pedrocamp
2009.05.26, 05:42 AM
Thanks Marwan, It was fun... the car was smooth and I caught a few breaks.
Great weekend. I think all the HSH guys had a good run.
See you Thursday!

MillerTime
2009.05.26, 12:08 PM
Are there any rear damper systems in stock at HSH that fit the 2.4 chassis? I'm trying to convert to a 98mm, using the V4 motor pod, and the stock damper plate will not go that short.

Any recomendations?

mleemor60
2009.05.26, 12:23 PM
Cris, I am headed out there now. I will email you when I get back. I'm pretty sure they have them though. If they do I will set one aside along with your pinion gear and contact you.

pick
2009.05.26, 02:45 PM
That freakin' Pedro dude wins no matter where he is :eek:!! Congrats, Pedro! Glad to see you did a little spankin' down South. I won't vote for you, but you're still my hero :p.

James

Traveler
2009.05.26, 04:11 PM
Cris, I am headed out there now. I will email you when I get back. I'm pretty sure they have them though. If they do I will set one aside along with your pinion gear and contact you.

Hey Mike,

Does Jim have the new Aston Martin DBR9 No.009 in yet?

Traveler
2009.05.26, 04:14 PM
Are there any rear damper systems in stock at HSH that fit the 2.4 chassis? I'm trying to convert to a 98mm, using the V4 motor pod, and the stock damper plate will not go that short.

Any recomendations?

I think you can modify the stock damper system. But you are better off with an aftermarket DPS. I have the Atomic and PN 98mm DPSs and prefer the newer PN one.

-J-
2009.05.26, 04:35 PM

Any recomendations?

I'm sure you know this, but be sure to get the v2 dampener plates if you're getting the PN DDS. They allow you to get to the binding button on the chassis without taking apart your rear end. See here: http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3819&osCsid=ecab7a2ac86455bb11ff6d7bc10c1e7b

mleemor60
2009.05.26, 04:39 PM
Hey Mike,

Does Jim have the new Aston Martin DBR9 No.009 in yet?

Not yet. Have they been released?

Traveler
2009.05.26, 07:48 PM
Philip has them.

kwsmith29
2009.05.26, 09:28 PM
Way to go Pedro.......

pedrocamp
2009.05.26, 09:52 PM
Photo of James and I in High school!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/pedro.jpg

He DID vote for me!

pick
2009.05.27, 08:10 AM
Oh well, Pedro let the cat out of the bag :eek:. Since then, Pedro has gotten much taller and I much fatter :D. However, I still have the same awesome dance moves. Those were the days.......................:rolleyes:

James

Traveler
2009.05.27, 08:19 AM
LOL :)

For a second I thought Pedro was running for Mooresville town council. Then I had a vision of what the town Parks & Recs department would look like... Tracks in every park. Outdoor paved and dirt tracks for larger scale cars and indoor RCP tracks at every park. Cool! Lets all move to Mooresville and elect Pedro!

pick
2009.05.27, 08:30 AM
Vote for Pedro and all you're wildest dreams will come true :cool:.

James

mleemor60
2009.05.27, 09:16 AM
Philip has them.

Patience grasshopper. High speed will have them for less.

lfisminiz
2009.05.27, 08:29 PM
Hi guys...good to meet some of you at the PN M. Beach race this weekend. Pedro, it was fun battling off and on with you.

LARRY

pedrocamp
2009.05.27, 10:07 PM
James, wear your moon boots Thursday and show us your SKILLS! I like the new avatar...
Nobody can move like Jay while driving though! Maybe Josh...

Traveller, if elected you are my RC Czar! That big hall downtown will be getting some stimulus money!

Larry, great to meet you and race with you. I didn't want to hit you because all your bodies are so nice. What a collection! A FAST collection! Good luck up north and hope to swap paint again soon.

pick
2009.05.28, 09:55 AM
Hey, the state's gonna let me off for a night :eek:. So don't worry Pedro, I'll be there wearing the coolest moon boots I own. I may even bring you a really cool picture of a Liger I just drew if you bring me some tots to eat :cool:?
Speaking of Jay.........where's that little mexican been :p? He didn't get deported did he :confused:?

James

MillerTime
2009.05.28, 01:39 PM
I'm bringing a delicious bass.

pedrocamp
2009.05.28, 02:39 PM
Somebody take a video of James in his moon boots! I can't make it, baseball game, gosh!

Next event: The Diablo Tot Run

Traveler
2009.05.29, 08:02 AM
Had fun last night again! Enjoyed running in the A main with the big boys and slowing the #1 and #2 cars down :o Thanks to all for a good time!

pick
2009.05.29, 08:49 AM
I have to say, the moonboots were very comfortable and the tots quite tasty :cool:. Jay captured a few seconds of me on his phone Pedro :eek:. For your viewing pleasure.....
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7862/4rynwz4ae.gif
Had a great time last night guys, looking forward to next week :D.

James

cosmicsoul
2009.06.02, 08:17 PM
I have a burning desire to run on a large track, I wonder if anyone shares these same feelings. It sure would be nice if we could put something together locally. If we really put our heads together maybe we could expand the track at Highspeed some how.

Anyway I am open for suggestions or comments. Anyone up for a Diablo 2

pedrocamp
2009.06.02, 08:38 PM
I have these desires too Jay, it's OK to share them, with friends.

Maybe we need to look at changing the layout at HS in the near future. Maybe Jim and Vicki would be up for a little remodeling with some help. We will have to talk it over.

I think we are due for Diablo 2 Tot Run. We should get together to discuss dates, locales, who's gonna run it, etc...

There was an article in the Charlotte paper about a motorsports metroplex, at Metrolina, that included indoor and outdoor RC tracks! There is the location if we can get the organizers of it interested. Need to have a corner for RCP.

See you Thursday.

-J-
2009.06.02, 09:32 PM
I'm planning on getting 2 RCP Wide L's in a couple weeks when I get back to Charlotte and I'd be glad to lend you guys them if you wanted to expand the track for a while. Not positive I'll end up with them, but pretty sure.

pedrocamp
2009.06.03, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the offer J! Look forward to meeting you.
Our problem is not so much lack of track but lack of space at High Speed Hobbies. The owners, Jim and Vicki, are generous in their allotment of retail space to the track but the shop just isn't that big. It is well stocked with not only MiniZ parts and cars but planes and helicopters. We squeeze in as much track as we can. We do get some good racing in though and have a good group of fast guys racing on Thursdays.

See you soon.

Pedro

-J-
2009.06.03, 07:07 AM
No problem Pedrocamp. Look forward to meeting you guys as well. I'll definitely stop by a couple Thursday nights to watch you guys race. I'm sure it'll be great fun! :cool:

Lack of space is definitely a problem in Hong Kong as well. One of the clubs in Hong Kong has a tiny apartment with 3 tracks stacked on top of each other to try and make the best out of the space they have. :D Maybe booking a school gym or something, like the one at the community center across the street from my house in Charlotte for a weekend and setting up the track there could help you guys get your large track fix. Don't know, just thinking out loud...

hrdrvr
2009.06.03, 07:25 AM
Anyone up for a Diablo 2

I am :p

I think we are due for Diablo 2 Tot Run. We should get together to discuss dates, locales, who's gonna run it, etc...

I think you guys should really get the ball rolling on this. If we are invited, Im sure I could bring a handful of guys to supplement your group :D I had a great time at y'alls last event, and would very much like to support another. I dont know what I could possibly do from down here, but I will offer up any help I can!