PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing we have a motor for next season

pinoyboy
2008.05.06, 01:22 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28425

It has the specs we want from what I remember and a drilled can. Also, its cheaper than the stock Kyosho motor

Can't beat that!:D

briankstan
2008.05.06, 01:30 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28425

It has the specs we want from what I remember and a drilled can. Also, its cheaper than the stock Kyosho motor

Can't beat that!:D

if you guys plan on using this motor, I will have them instock around the end of the week.

pinoyboy
2008.05.06, 01:34 PM
if you guys plan on using this motor, I will have them instock around the end of the week.

Thanks Brian:D I think this would be legal anyway since all we have been doing is mirroring the HFAY rules right?:confused:

Also, since HFAY now has an F1 Class, it looks like we will be running this or the stock motor as well, and not fet safe motors like we have been;)

russp
2008.05.06, 03:52 PM
I'm ok with it.

hpgod
2008.05.12, 09:30 AM
I'm ok with it also. The kysoho stock motor is about the same, this just has better brushes and a more open endbell. I wish they would make one more in the 80-90 turn range though. as the speed of a 70 turn with goot fets and batteries is too fast in my opinion for a new driver. The difference between mod and stock has gotten smaller in the last year.

Tjay
2008.05.12, 01:04 PM
This is an awesome motor! The speed is just right for a real stock class racing. Here's the difference in time at our local track within a week of test and tuning...

Pan Car: 9.16
2wd Mod: 9.23
2wd stock: 9.61
Awd stock: 9.97 (Only tested for 30 mins... this is with a low gear ratio. Haven't tested higher gear...)

With ASF and AM board on our 2wd we ran 4x 5mins heat back to back with the same batts and it's still good. I'd probably use this for the next endurance racing :).

I probably put 12 hours of runtime on my brushes...

pinoyboy
2008.06.06, 04:03 PM
If you guys haven't seen the other threads, the new Hfay season 6 motors have less RPMs than the stock Kyosho motor, but have better torque due to better magnets.

From peoples test runs, they are a little faster around the track, but just because its easier to drive.

So, I'm not sure how it will effect are times in stock, but they will slow us down in the F1 class, thats for sure.

hpgod
2008.06.07, 06:50 AM
Hank glad to see you are still around.

If any of you have a rc18 ,vendetta or minit t and wanna get together a fun run let me know. My dirt offroad track is up an running for the summer. I am just not available early July as we will have My second child born then.

Art

pinoyboy
2008.06.07, 07:28 AM
Sweet, I picked one up, just waiting for a motor for it. I'll let you know when it's up and running:D

hpgod
2008.06.07, 08:53 AM
I have a mamba 4900 or 5600(one of the 2 lower rated ones) I have never installed.
I run a speed 300 air plane motor in the minit and the stock motor in the rc18.
Both lite the tires up with a 2 cell lipo in either car. I prefer step pins on the trucks. Buggy I an going to try some vendetta tires soon. The stocks work good but burn up (pins tear off). I made some front tires last year fro the rc18 but they are a pain to make from 1/10 buggy tires.

I can even setup lights on the fence and tree and run at night. I have done this in past years with my old off road freinds who are out of RC now.

russp
2008.06.18, 02:05 PM
How big is the track? I'm guessing by your statement it's about right for 18th scale? I'd love to do some offroad and might even pick up a used 18th for it.

Update: Just found this deal. Give us a pic of the track, you might inspire me to order one of these as it's a great deal:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/4595

Also, the shop here is selling 1/16th mini-inferno's for $99 which is a good deal also.

hpgod
2008.06.18, 02:34 PM
How big is the track? I'm guessing by your statement it's about right for 18th scale? I'd love to do some offroad and might even pick up a used 18th for it.

Its triangle shape but is about the size of your rcp track. I will see if the wife will take a photo of it. I have a losi minit and a associated RC18B I run on it. It is tight with the rc18 but a couple minor mods to add steering throw and raising the front camber link helped tremendously.

I took 2 photos of the track last night. I will have my wife post them today

russp
2008.06.19, 12:54 PM
Yeah, post a pic if you can. I'm tempted to pick up a mini-t Baja. I can one near new for about $65 or so or another type of Mini-t for less.

hpgod
2008.06.20, 03:06 PM
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuWzJq2ZtGLFhg&emid=sharshar&linkid=link2

here is 2 pics, the track needs blown off, The tree overhead is dropping leave like its fall with this drought.

russp
2008.06.30, 10:59 AM
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuWzJq2ZtGLFhg&emid=sharshar&linkid=link2

here is 2 pics, the track needs blown off, The tree overhead is dropping leave like its fall with this drought.

I have to say I'm tempted. I wish now I still had my mini-T. I've always liked dirt track, electric just had no following in this area so I sold them. If I find one and pick it up I'll let you know.

For those of you with 360's which I think is just Patrick and Hank you should check out the new Grid racing game. I have it on rental this week and plan to buy it later this week as it's pretty excellent. Very easy to pick up and play without the time investment Forza requires. Maybe we should at least get together and play the demo together as it's multiplayer.

pinoyboy
2008.06.30, 01:05 PM
I have to say I'm tempted. I wish now I still had my mini-T. I've always liked dirt track, electric just had no following in this area so I sold them. If I find one and pick it up I'll let you know.

For those of you with 360's which I think is just Patrick and Hank you should check out the new Grid racing game. I have it on rental this week and plan to buy it later this week as it's pretty excellent. Very easy to pick up and play without the time investment Forza requires. Maybe we should at least get together and play the demo together as it's multiplayer.

I played the grid demo and it was a little difficult going from Forza. Car response felt a little funky to me. Graphics were nice though.

Forza isn't bad especially if a group of us did a stock spec B or C class. Plus the game is very cheap now, goes new for $20 and even cheaper used;)

russp
2008.07.01, 01:11 PM
I played the grid demo and it was a little difficult going from Forza. Car response felt a little funky to me. Graphics were nice though.

Forza isn't bad especially if a group of us did a stock spec B or C class. Plus the game is very cheap now, goes new for $20 and even cheaper used;)

I'm up for some Forza we just need to get Patrick to go down to blockbuster and pick up a used copy. I like the idea of spec. Actually, the GT class (I think it's called R class now) is also pretty good spec as the cars are very responsive and planted to the road and hence much easier to drive than say Ferrarris, Lotus and other "sports" cars.

Maybe we can do some racing this weekend?

pinoyboy
2008.07.01, 01:23 PM
I'm up for some Forza we just need to get Patrick to go down to blockbuster and pick up a used copy. I like the idea of spec. Actually, the GT class (I think it's called R class now) is also pretty good spec as the cars are very responsive and planted to the road and hence much easier to drive than say Ferrarris, Lotus and other "sports" cars.

Maybe we can do some racing this weekend?

Yea, the R class cars are good to. If Forza doesn't work, there's Battlefield: Bad company:p