PDA

View Full Version : Wire

VAzRACER
2008.05.17, 08:36 PM
I was wondering where I can get wire that is similar to that found on the circuit boards. I recently extended some wires on a 2.4 board and stole wire from a dead board, I used it all and might need some in the future. I tried a few different kinds but most were not flexible enough. What is the best place to find some at and what gauge would I need. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

TheRinger
2008.05.17, 10:29 PM
I was wondering where I can get wire that is similar to that found on the circuit boards. I recently extended some wires on a 2.4 board and stole wire from a dead board, I used it all and might need some in the future. I tried a few different kinds but most were not flexible enough. What is the best place to find some at and what gauge would I need. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

I don't know if this will help but here at the shop in miniz section in misc. atomic has a complete wire set for the PCB part#icoo8 atomic mini z switch and wire set. Hope this helps.

Ninja
2008.05.18, 12:42 AM
Ringer, that is just a switch, and the wires that connect it to the board.

VAz, telephone wire works great, and is cheap too ;)

EMU
2008.05.18, 01:55 AM
You can use IDE cable wire from a computer. I have used it on a few overlands and monsters in the past. Phone wire should work as well.

VAzRACER
2008.05.18, 02:27 AM
You can use IDE cable wire from a computer. I have used it on a few overlands and monsters in the past. Phone wire should work as well.

The computer cable sounds like a good idea, the telephone wire I tried wasnt flexible enough to route through the steering boxes.

EMU
2008.05.18, 02:31 AM
If you have a round IDE cable, those wires are good for the pot. Although, they seem a little thin for the servo motor. So you may want to use a different wire for the motor. Regular IDE ribbons are a little thicker, so they may be good for the motor, although could be too thick for the pot.

Good luck :D

TheRinger
2008.05.18, 08:56 AM
Ringer, that is just a switch, and the wires that connect it to the board.

VAz, telephone wire works great, and is cheap too ;)
Ninja this is what I was talking about that I found in the shop. U mean 2 tell me that it takes all of the wires 3 with eyelets 2 hook 1 power switch 2 a mini z board? What it looks like 2 me from the image is U got 2 wires for the motor, 1 wire for the antenna, 2 white wires for the switch, and the rest for the pot and servo motor. If U bought this item part# ic008 and only got a switch then the supplied pic 2 show what the item looks like is wrong or whatever the case may be.
http://shop.tinyrc.com/d_images/ATO-IC008-a.jpg

Spoon
2008.05.18, 01:21 PM
VA,

I've got some stuff that might work for you. I'll bring it to Paintball if we don't meetup before then. If you like it I can tell you where to get some.

It's basically computer ribbon. The same stuff that comes on a Nelly turbo.

Spoon

Ninja
2008.05.18, 10:24 PM
my Mistake ringer. I was going by the description. I have never seen that in the shop before.