PDA

View Full Version : AWD Stock class?

Cherub1m
2008.05.19, 11:56 AM
Hi Everyone

Just wondering who would be interested in running a AWD Stock class. Basicaly using either the box stock motor or the new PN 70t motor and MA-010 autoscale bodies (or white AWD bodies) only. Of course body modification can be done as long has its not noticable from the outside.

I have a mod AWD that is not getting any love at the moment and I have a stock AWD waitting to attack the RCP.

Later
Philip

Slubben
2008.05.19, 02:29 PM
Hi Everyone

Just wondering who would be interested in running a AWD Stock class. Basicaly using either the box stock motor or the new PN 70t motor and MA-010 autoscale bodies (or white AWD bodies) only. Of course body modification can be done as long has its not noticable from the outside.

I have a mod AWD that is not getting any love at the moment and I have a stock AWD waitting to attack the RCP.

Later
Philip

AWDs are too much of a pain in the butt to get running to run in a stock class they will be so slow plus I think you're one of the last remaining AWD hold outs!!

bermbuster
2008.05.19, 03:47 PM
AWDs are too much of a pain in the butt to get running to run in a stock class they will be so slow plus I think you're one of the last remaining AWD hold outs!!

Hey I resemble that remark.....:D
I would enjoy running mine in a stock class. Mine once assembled is in a stock form and it ran pretty good until my chassis got snapped by a reckless racer who shall remain nameless....:cool:

Cherub1m
2008.05.19, 09:22 PM

Stock they ran great, in fact when I first got mine I ran with some MR02's and did well especially in the infield. Its when you mod them with powerfull motors that you realy need to do some major tweaking.

Hey I resemble that remark.....:D
I would enjoy running mine in a stock class. Mine once assembled is in a stock form and it ran pretty good until my chassis got snapped by a reckless racer who shall remain nameless....:cool:

George you are the man. Dont sell your AWD like the others...who shall also, remain nameless. :rolleyes:

Cherub1m
2008.06.02, 03:23 PM
Hello anyone

AWD Stock Class using PN 70 turn stock motor, stock am board, any AWD autoscale bodies and any MR015 autoscale bodies except the corvette c5, ferrari moderna. Basically cant use any MR015 body that can be used on a MR02 without modifications.

Later

Cherub1m
2008.06.08, 02:38 PM
Ok, is anyone interested in a stock AWD with pn 70turn motor but with any autoscale body?

bermbuster
2008.06.08, 09:34 PM
Ok, is anyone interested in a stock AWD with pn 70turn motor but with any autoscale body?

can I run my 55t awd???
Im looking for Sean and Jimmy......:D

Cherub1m
2008.06.08, 10:02 PM
can I run my 55t awd???

Hi George

:D

Nice crawler. What is going on with these crawler craze?

Slubben
2008.06.09, 01:12 PM
can I run my 55t awd???

We I'll surely be able to find ya if you're crawlin with that body!!

Cherub1m
2008.06.11, 11:32 PM
Hello

For those that had problems getting there AWD track straight I found the cure. Basically the box containing the steering gears when placed in the chassis it becomes tight and binds. If you shave the outside of the front panel and the rear panel that contains the potentiometer you will reduce the tension and the steering will run without flaw.

The link where i got this from (look for rodolfosolis' post):
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20209

Also, the stock motor on MR02 are reversed timing thats why they run faster in reverse. But for the AWD the stock motor is corrected and the car runs faster FWD than reverse. My point is the stock MR2 and the Stock AWD have about the same top end because of this. So those that think the stock AWD class will be to slow you are mistaken. Given this go forth and buy an AWD and start racing :D

Cherub1m
2008.06.24, 10:14 AM
So far we have Me, Maj, Junior, Sai, George and I think John willing to run a stock AWD class. If I missed anyone let yourself be known:D

bermbuster
2008.06.24, 06:08 PM
anybody interested in rebuilding/ reassembling my stock awd..I will pay $$...or trade some parts...let me know...

Cherub1m
2008.06.24, 06:20 PM
anybody interested in rebuilding/ reassembling my stock awd..I will pay $$...or trade some parts...let me know...

Hi George

Bring all the parts and I'll put it back together for you. as long has you race it.:D

Also, you might want to consider 2.4ghz with the AWD.

bermbuster
2008.06.24, 08:15 PM
Hi George

Bring all the parts and I'll put it back together for you. as long has you race it.:D

Also, you might want to consider 2.4ghz with the AWD.

im looking forward to racing it again....:D

Cherub1m
2008.06.25, 10:17 AM
Hey George

Just put all the parts in a zip lock bag and if you have other hop up parts you want to put it in there (Hint the 2.4ghz AWD PCB) I'll have it ready in no time.

Rules have not been finalized yet for the AWD. However I dont think bodies will be limited AWD and 015 bodies only. But the plan is to make it a stock motor(not sure which on yet)

Note: I would suggest running a wide body like the Enzo, Ferrari 360 gtc, Nissan 360 z super GT, Nissan skyline GTR super GT, Corvette, FXX, NSX super GT (I think you have the NSX super GT). However I think the 98mm set up on the AWD is better, some would disagree especially if they run the new Atomic SAS rear. Also, if you use the NSX or the 360z super GT you will need to do a little dremeling of the front airdam since they catch the RCP and spin you like a tornado. Also. use kyosho 40 degrees on the front, yellow pn springs on the front, kyosho 20 degrees on the rear with stock springs or pn green springs. And last any combo that works for you when it come to camber suggested degree is 1.5 to 2 degree for both front and rear try and keep front and rear same for a start.

Later

ruf993
2008.07.07, 09:47 AM
Yes I'm IN:)

Cherub1m
2008.07.07, 11:23 PM
Yes I'm IN:)

Cool. How about these rules for starters:

1) Any autoscale body
2) any PCB (AM, 2.4ghz, or AD Band)
3) any transmitter
4) Rubber tires only no foams
5) Speedy 07 BB for the motor to keep the speed down
6) any after market modification to suspension chassis to improve handling.

hrdrvr
2008.07.08, 04:23 PM
I hate to interject with an off topic post, but I couldnt help but notice this thread title.

If any of you guys are planning on coming over to the PNWC race in PA please post in the thread (linked below) if you are racing in AWD stock. We down here in SC all got started racing on AWDs and my dad and I would really like to race this class. They arent looking like they are going to have one unless we get a few more competitors, so Im out on the recruit :D Again sorry to interupt, and hope to see you guys in PA!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28906

Slubben
2008.07.09, 08:24 AM
Cool. How about these rules for starters:

1) Any autoscale body
2) any PCB (AM, 2.4ghz, or AD Band)
3) any transmitter
4) Rubber tires only no foams
5) Speedy 07 BB for the motor to keep the speed down
6) any after market modification to suspension chassis to improve handling.

You should make it bodies specifically for the AWD no Enzos or Vettes!! :)

Cherub1m
2008.07.09, 12:59 PM
You should make it bodies specifically for the AWD no Enzos or Vettes!! :)

Only problem with that is, the number of AWD bodies are limited and I believe if not all, most are narrow off-set. Since the AWD is a little harder to set up then the 2WD's I dont want to scare people away form the AWD if they start to flip and lose there patience without giving it a fair try. I feel once the AWD is set up its easier to drive than the 2WD. The key to making the AWD stable is a wide track, reducing body roll and hard tire compound in the front. I think it will be great class.

Slubben
2008.07.09, 03:28 PM
I just enjoy messing with you! :)

bermbuster
2008.07.09, 07:53 PM
I hate to interject with an off topic post, but I couldnt help but notice this thread title.

If any of you guys are planning on coming over to the PNWC race in PA please post in the thread (linked below) if you are racing in AWD stock. We down here in SC all got started racing on AWDs and my dad and I would really like to race this class. They arent looking like they are going to have one unless we get a few more competitors, so Im out on the recruit :D Again sorry to interupt, and hope to see you guys in PA!

Looking forward to meeting you and your Dad....Ill bring my AWD.

Cherub1m
2008.07.09, 08:12 PM

Hi hrdrvr

I dont think I'll be able to make that one. If I do I'll let you know.

I just enjoy messing with you! :)

I understand Brother Slubben :D. Now have you ebayed that AD Band Miniz yet so you can buy another MA010 :D

Slubben
2008.07.10, 08:25 AM
NEVER! <Insert Evil Laugh Here>

Cherub1m
2008.07.11, 12:34 PM
Hey George

The revival of your AWD is complete. We had to defribrilate twice and do some chest compressions, but she's ready to run :D

Also, the nose clip you gave me is for the nissan 360z Super GT not the fairlady. The Super GT is better for the AWD keep that one.

Again thanks for the lap counter I havent tried it yet but I will.

bermbuster
2008.07.11, 08:24 PM
Hey George

The revival of your AWD is complete. We had to defribrilate twice and do some chest compressions, but she's ready to run :D

Also, the nose clip you gave me is for the nissan 360z Super GT not the fairlady. The Super GT is better for the AWD keep that one.

Again thanks for the lap counter I havent tried it yet but I will.

Philip thanks again....
looks like ill be running awd this week....:D

Cherub1m
2008.07.12, 12:17 PM
Philip thanks again....
looks like ill be running awd this week....:D

Hi George

Yes your AWD craves your presence :D.

I tried the lap counter, man its great. Best lap at Slip Angle Chaser's Mini 96 road course (Yeah thats me):D is 4.09 sec tied between the MRO2 and the MA010.

Hmm, maybe we could start a How Fast Are You using Mini 96 with these lap counters :D

hrdrvr
2008.07.14, 04:24 PM
Looking forward to meeting you and your Dad....Ill bring my AWD.

I look forward to meeting you as well. If you really want to race this class though, we need to let Ed know, so he can make arrangements with Phillip to get the registration page changed. All it will take is a quick PM to imxlr8ed, or a quick post in this thread :D

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28906&page=2

Hi hrdrvr

I dont think I'll be able to make that one. If I do I'll let you know.

Cool, as stated, also let Ed know in the aforementioned thread. Id like to meet as many people in this hobby as I can, so itll be great if you do make it out.

AWDrivers unite! :D

Cherub1m
2008.07.15, 12:33 AM
Will do hrdrvr.

Cherub1m
2008.07.25, 12:31 PM
Rules for MA-010 (AWD) class

1) you can use any autoscale body.

2) Any these wheel base (90mm, 94mm, 98mm or 102mm). can use any after market upgrades for the chassis to improve handling, has long has its does not interfere with the rules

3) Must use a speedy 07 BB or speedy 07 motor.

4) Any of these kyosho PCB's (AM, 2.4, AD Band and you can add fets), any transmitter

5) Rubber tires only, no foams, no traction compound.

6) Wheels and tires should not stick outside of body. You need to keep the stock windows (no lexan windshields) Dremeling of the none visible part of the window to lighten car is fine

Note: Please speak if you have any additional ideas (add something or remove something) about this class.

This class was fun last night very close racing.
Later

Tjay
2008.07.25, 01:58 PM
Hi Phillip,

Why not just run the PN rules and have the 190grams weight apply? For stock class I would suggest to run the PN 70 turn motor. It is so much fun! The passes are great! It's almost like running a 10th scale to where you can see the car is setting up for a pass.

For mod, run whatever engine they want then apply the PN rules... Just a suggestion. :)

Cherub1m
2008.07.25, 03:46 PM
Hi Phillip,

Why not just run the PN rules and have the 190grams weight apply? For stock class I would suggest to run the PN 70 turn motor. It is so much fun! The passes are great! It's almost like running a 10th scale to where you can see the car is setting up for a pass.

For mod, run whatever engine they want then apply the PN rules... Just a suggestion. :)

Hi Tjay

I was thinking why not just copy and paste the PN rules. Also, yesterday Maj and I were thinking...PN 70t or PN Speedy 07. Then yesterday we ran the speedy 07 the cars ran very well, it had good enough speed but not so much were its uncontrollable.

Thanks for the input Tjay, I'll run it by Maj and the other racers and we will see what the majority wants. Copy and Pasting the PN rules would definitely make it easier :D. If we still decide to run the Speedy 07 we may just say PN rules + Speedy 07 :D