PDA

View Full Version : throttle that go reverse

ongbenghui
2008.05.25, 02:40 AM
Hi Hi,

I got this strange problem with my ASF conversion.

sometime, when I pull throttle, the car will go reverse.
typically, I will re-pair the car. But, sometime, re-pairing doesn't quite work.

I need to reset the TX to default.

Please advise.

Tjay
2008.05.25, 03:49 AM
make sure you pair/bind the tx first. If it's not working still...

re-set the tx. Do it couple of times. If it doesn't work send it back to Kyosho and have them fix it. This happened to my tx as well. Kyosho is kind of hard to get a hold of though. I've sent them email last week and I still no respond...

Good luck!

davisdavis
2008.05.25, 11:26 AM
i have four 2.4G cars and it happened on one of them, there's some way u can fix it by urself which was not taught in the instruction manual.

just try to mess up with the pairing button on the PCB, that's what i did :p

Volt
2008.05.25, 05:16 PM
The KT-18 has a hidden throttle reversal function. It took me a little bit to figure out what was going on since there is nothing in the manuals about this.

When you are reseting the TX to defaults (check the manual for how to do this) is when it can reverse the throttle directions (forward becomes reverse and vice versa). The reason is holding the button for too long during the default reset. If you continue to hold the button a second or 2 after the first beeps, you will hear a second beep. This is when the throttle gets switched.

To fix it: reset to defaults again, except release the button as soon as you hear the first beeps. After that it should be working normally.

herman
2008.05.25, 08:15 PM
happened to me too... but after some figuring out - taking out and reversing motor wires, re-setting and re-pairing/bonding, i got it to go forward...

try volt's suggestion...

hope it works out...

ongbenghui
2008.05.26, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the tips.

Just a thought, is there a list of Undocumented Commands and Keys for KT-18 ?

Aurora
2008.05.26, 01:23 AM
Yes, for no crashing and unlimited battery:

Press Up, Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start...

herman
2008.05.26, 02:03 AM
lol... ahahahahaha.....

Tjay
2008.05.26, 03:48 AM
Yes, for no crashing and unlimited battery:

Press Up, Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start...

:lol: hahahha!!! 30 lives... hhahha!

Red Team
2009.11.28, 10:55 AM
I know this is old but today it's the day when I faced this problem. After buying overseas a faulty KT18, one Romanian Kyosho representative was kind enough to replace it ( though for a small amount of money ~ $25, but because I bought the TX overseas he could not just replaced for free ) I had the problem of throttle reveresed. After trying the Volt sugestion and trying to reset the TX, the problem was not solved. Before apllying Herman method ( which occur to me from start, switching the wires ) I wished to try one last ideea.
On the page 26 on the TX manual it's an explanation of the " Steering Direction ( reverse ) ". From this I understood that with the help of steering trim, you can reverse the steering, so you move the TX wheel to the right, the car wheels turn left and the other way around. And I said to myself: if this can be done, why not the throttle reversing...so I aplyed and worked !!! Of course, instead of the steering trim, I used the throttle trim and now the TX it's working properly.
So in short, if you have your throttle reversed and do not want to switch the motor wires, with the TX Power ON, press the throttle trigger and hold it like you're under full acceleration or full throttle -> while holding the triger, press down for at least 3 seconds the upper throttle trim button ( marked " P " ) -> release both throtlle trigger and throttle trim " P " button ...and you're done.

Hope this helps !