PDA

View Full Version : KO PROPO Questions Answered

KO PROPO Staff
2008.05.28, 07:55 PM
Just want to say hello and answer any questions that you may have concerning KO PROPO products.

arch2b
2008.05.28, 08:25 PM
welcome to the forum and glad to have you hear!

KO PROPO Staff
2008.05.28, 09:39 PM
Thank you! I will try to answer the questions posted here.

dameetz
2008.05.29, 01:02 AM
Will the new KO EX5UR work with 2.4g ASF mini z?

Tjay
2008.05.29, 03:53 AM
Hello and welcome :)!

Programmers
2008.05.29, 04:25 AM
Hey there! You say any questions? :rolleyes:

What's my favorite colour? :D

briankstan
2008.05.29, 10:19 AM
Welcome to MZR. :cool:

KO PROPO Staff
2008.05.29, 11:52 AM
Will the new KO EX5UR work with 2.4g ASF mini z?

Thank you for the welcomes.

I don't believe that the EX-5 UR for the 2.4GHZ ASF will be sold under the KO brand name. The regular 2.4GHz system EX-5 UR will be sold under the KO brand name.

KO PROPO Staff
2008.05.29, 11:57 AM
Hey there! You say any questions? :rolleyes:

What's my favorite colour? :D
Judging by your radio (nice radio BTW ;)), I would say red. :D

arch2b
2008.05.29, 11:57 AM
curious, would you prefer to have each question submitted individually or collectively in this or a new thread?

KO PROPO Staff
2008.05.29, 12:02 PM
arch2b- for me, I don't really mind either. But for those trying to find answers to specific product, it may be easier individually.

arch2b
2008.05.29, 12:09 PM
Please submit further questions in new posts unless your question is directly related to a topic/product already being discussed.

thank you.

mleemor60
2008.05.29, 12:22 PM
arch2b- for me, I don't really mind either. But for those trying to find answers to specific product, it may be easier individually.

did you not see the post i immediately followed up this with? please post all new questions to new posts. this existing thread is more of a welcome thread vs. q and a which will be handled individually like the other ask forums for our benifit as well as for ko propo.

removed posted question. please repost to a new thread as requested.

thank you

Spoon
2008.05.30, 10:39 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to come to the forums and answer questions. It's a pretty tight knit community and little things like this really have a positive impact.

Welcome to the forums and thanks again.

mleemor60
2008.05.30, 10:57 AM
did you not see the post i immediately followed up this with? please post all new questions to new posts. this existing thread is more of a welcome thread vs. q and a which will be handled individually like the other ask forums for our benifit as well as for ko propo.

removed posted question. please repost to a new thread as requested.

thank you

Pardon my misunderstanding of where to direct my question. I mistook the KO statement of answering individual questions as being in this thread. The one that says KO PROPO questions answered(first post in thread). Perhaps I too should have asked about color, or better still, flavor! Please direct me to the appropriate place.

tlkris
2008.09.09, 03:24 PM
Just bought the Helios for my 2.4 AWD Mini-Z...

I've read through the manual, but in some ways I got confused even more... So I just started playing with the menus and got and idea on how to use it. At first everything was reversed (steering and throttle), but I figured out how to put it back to normal.

OK HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. After I figure out to put everything to normal, it seems that it does not do the brake when I push the trigger, it goes straight to reverse. For example, I pull the trigger to go forward, then I push the trigger then it reverse, rather than brake. Usually when you push the trigger it brakes and the push it one more time then it reverse.

2. How to get rid off the freakin beeps when going through the menus and changing configurations.

3. How to name my model. The AWD is my first 2.4 and will be purchasing an MR02 2.4. Furthermore, when I first pair my AWD does it select it as model 1 automatically and then when I pair my second 2.4 (in the future) with it automatically set as model 2?

If you can provide step by step instructions, that will be great. THANKS!

kryten
2008.09.09, 03:53 PM
For q 1 i think you need to swap your motor wires over on the chassis,then set throttle on tx to reverse of what it is now.can you go straight from reverse into forwards? It sounds like the throttle/brake are set the wrong way round.eg you are pressing forward and the car is going forward,but for the pcb this is actually reverse.Does that make sense?

q2 i cant help with im afraid,i havent had my helios long enough to figure that out:)

q3 enter the menu by turning the little wheel and get to model name,then press the enter button.Then select the letter you want with the same wheel,press enter again and the cursor will move to the next character.When you have the model name you want press the back button to return to main screen.After you pair the car with the tx,you set up the car steering trim etc...and that is remembered for that model.If you change to model 2,it will still control the same car,but won't have the presets you set up as model 1.

I hope that all made sense.

mk2kompressor
2008.09.09, 05:00 PM
the beep is cured by turning the tone control all the way up in the sound menu:)

tlkris
2008.09.10, 11:31 AM
For q 1 i think you need to swap your motor wires over on the chassis,then set throttle on tx to reverse of what it is now.can you go straight from reverse into forwards? It sounds like the throttle/brake are set the wrong way round.eg you are pressing forward and the car is going forward,but for the pcb this is actually reverse.Does that make sense?

q2 i cant help with im afraid,i havent had my helios long enough to figure that out:)

q3 enter the menu by turning the little wheel and get to model name,then press the enter button.Then select the letter you want with the same wheel,press enter again and the cursor will move to the next character.When you have the model name you want press the back button to return to main screen.After you pair the car with the tx,you set up the car steering trim etc...and that is remembered for that model.If you change to model 2,it will still control the same car,but won't have the presets you set up as model 1.

I hope that all made sense.

Thanks for your help! I got it to work fine.

tlkris
2008.09.11, 05:07 PM
As my previous post, I just purchased the Helios... I can tell the difference right away compare to the Kyosho KT-18 2.4 transmitter. I'm still getting acquainted with the TX as it has a lot of features.

MY QUESTION...

The TX has a lot of options and features to operate a wide variety of R/C cars, what options/features do most MINI-Z drivers use and what options/features we don't bother using. If you can provide a list, that will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

mk2kompressor
2008.09.11, 06:35 PM
i mainly use/adjust;

h.s.r
throttle punch
throttle highpoint
steering punch
steering throw

Cherub1m
2008.11.28, 01:28 PM
To KO Staff only

How do you set Drag Brakes with the EX10 helios? Can it be done without using the throttle trim/subtrim?

When I use the throttle trim or subtrim I can set it to 15 then anything above that takes away reverse function (basicaly I can't go into reverse when set over 15)

Thank you

MantisMMA
2008.11.29, 11:12 AM
second that question but on a UR??? it does thw same thing!!

CristianTabush
2008.11.29, 01:46 PM
The only way to truly adjust the drag brake on any car is through the Virtual inertia feature on the ICS software. Anything that you do through the transmitter is going to be some sort of pulse signal sent by the transmitter. I suggest playing around with the th. features.

Cherub1m
2008.11.30, 06:27 PM
The only way to truly adjust the drag brake on any car is through the Virtual inertia feature on the ICS software. Anything that you do through the transmitter is going to be some sort of pulse signal sent by the transmitter. I suggest playing around with the th. features.

Hi Cristian

Thanks for the info. I was expecting that answer. I'll try messing some more with the Th. Features. I thought V-inertia (via ICS cable) helped only in making the car(miniz's) roll more, because they have only positive setting. However, if the V-inertia setting in the miniz's had negative setting, then drag breaks could be engaged. Correct me if Iam wrong, that is feature I feel could realy fine tune the miniz's.

Thanks

Cherub1m
2008.12.01, 12:03 AM
Well, I could not wait for an anwser so I went digging and found this manual by kyosho regading the ICS settings. Apparently vinertia (virtual inertia) has 5 settings; Strong, 2, 3, 4, and OFF. The Strong setting give you more virtual inertia (makes the car roll more when you come off power and go to neutral), 2 (rolls less), 3 (rolls less then 2) and 4 (rolls less then 3) and off (rolls less then the other 4 settings). I guess that is the drag brakes Cristian was talking about :D.

Gadu
2008.12.02, 04:03 PM
Hi there,

I asked a question about the ICS prog. feature at http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30204

Am I correct when I say: it doesnt matter what kind of tx you use (i.e. KT-18 or EX-I UR) using the ICS Kopropo kit ?

Perhaps a silly question. But I am not 100% sure about this.

Thank you much
Gadu

Darth_Hell
2008.12.09, 10:38 AM
Can the above be used with mini z awd??? of course with the mini z module...

KO PROPO Staff
2008.12.09, 12:51 PM
Hi there,

I asked a question about the ICS prog. feature at http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30204

Am I correct when I say: it doesnt matter what kind of tx you use (i.e. KT-18 or EX-I UR) using the ICS Kopropo kit ?

Perhaps a silly question. But I am not 100% sure about this.

Thank you much
Gadu

It doesn't matter which Tx you use, because you are making either servo or ESC changes to the car and not to the Tx.

KO PROPO Staff
2008.12.09, 12:53 PM
Can the above be used with mini z awd??? of course with the mini z module...

Yes but you will have to have the matching module for the board being used on your awd. AM system will require the AM module, 2.4GHz will require 2.4GHz module, etc..

Robert I.
2009.01.22, 07:33 PM
Hello racer,

I just want to know if there a defult radio set up for Mini Z.

Eman
2010.03.04, 04:21 PM
Just got my EX1 UR to replace my Futaba 2PL. I'm experiencing some glitching with the new transmitter I never experienced before. Is the 2PL a better AM transmitter or do I have a problem with the EX1 UR? The only variable is the transmitters. I'm using the same crystal and same batteries. Would appreciate any help.

Just realized the AM module says its for the EX-10 Helios. Is this compatible with the EX1UR? I know this sounds like a dumb question but the module actually worked. It glitched at about 18' away from the transmitter other than that it worked great. Did I do some damage to the transmitter by using the wrong module?

Roger
2010.03.04, 04:55 PM
After many years of racing, I aquired a EX-1 UR Tx. The radio previously I used for mini-z applications was an old Mars EX-1. The Mars was given to me by my good friend Mike Swauger many years ago when he raced electric on-road. The Mars was different in that he had a KO Propo larger grip for the handle and the spring tension on the steering wheel had more tension. After many years of using this for my mini-z cars, I got use to the higher spring tension on the Mars. My question is: How do I accomplish the same spring tension for my EX-1 UR radio ? Is there a spring tension adjustment or do I have to change out the spring to a stiffer version ? Thanks for your help.

Roger Serafin

Eman
2010.03.04, 09:21 PM
Ok so after reading a bunch of posts I found out the EX-10 AM module is compatible with the EX1UR .... supposedly. So why does it glitch when my Futaba 2PL does not. Should I do the ADJVOL? Is there a problem with my antenna? I tried tightening and it just spins in both directions. Is this normal? Any input would be appreciated.

Roger
2010.03.08, 12:28 AM
After many years of racing, I aquired a EX-1 UR Tx. The radio previously I used for mini-z applications was an old Mars EX-1. The Mars was given to me by my good friend Mike Swauger many years ago when he raced electric on-road. The Mars was different in that he had a KO Propo larger grip for the handle and the spring tension on the steering wheel had more tension. After many years of using this for my mini-z cars, I got use to the higher spring tension on the Mars. My question is: How do I accomplish the same spring tension for my EX-1 UR radio ? Is there a spring tension adjustment or do I have to change out the spring to a stiffer version ? Thanks for your help.

Roger Serafin

Pulled apart the UR today and found out that the I had to change out the spring. I went to Frys electronics and found some stiff silver lever springs. Changed them out and the UR is dialed to my liking.

Felix2010
2010.03.08, 10:04 AM
Ok so after reading a bunch of posts I found out the EX-10 AM module is compatible with the EX1UR .... supposedly. So why does it glitch when my Futaba 2PL does not. Should I do the ADJVOL? Is there a problem with my antenna? I tried tightening and it just spins in both directions. Is this normal? Any input would be appreciated.

Hello,

For years now I also have dealt with glitching with my AM and AD cars with the EX-10 Helios:mad:. Especially with my AD-Band, which should have less glitching and better signal reception because it is FM.....:confused:

Well, I recently bought a used EX-1UR to test out, and one day I put in the AD-Band module and tried my AD-MA010 that has ALWAYS glitched like crazy for me no matter what I tried... Guess what? It performed excellent. Much better than the Helios ever did. Now, I know that my Helios' first antenna it came with was faulty- It broke after a while unbeknownst to me and I was using it with a broken antenna for a long time I think. I replaced the Antenna, same OEM Black-matte antenna ($22 antenna, sheesh....:() - BUT! With the EX10, Still the glitching is there with my AD car. I haven't run AM in a long time so I don't know how the glitching is with AM.

But this is aggravating to say the least. Hair-pulling aggravating actually that I have a $200+ Tx that I can't use reliably. Now I use the EX1-UR mostly but sometimes I use the Helios for 2.4 ASF, since that doesn't require the use of the Helios' built-in antenna. But IMO, the Helios' antenna is the culprit in why the AD and AM reception are always poor. Man, even my old KT-2 out-performed my Helios with the AM-module...:eek:

If you are set on using AM maybe you could contact KO. I am thinking about doing this actually now that I have found out that the Helios may be faulty, or the antenna at least might be.

But you are not alone Eman!! Let me know how you make out. Oh, and the antenna on the Helios should tighten the same as any bolt on a screw should, Right-Hand thread. It tightens down on mine. Yours sounds like it won't even tighten down, so yes, it seems there is a problem with your antenna. I would also try fully-extending your antenna and collapsing it again, and repeat this several times to check for bad links in the antenna. My old antenna had a few bad links and it slipped by my notice for years.

lfisminiz
2010.03.08, 07:30 PM
I just put an 03 board into an 02 chassis. Did some wire switching. All works well. BUT one question i have is...........
You (KO) recomend the steering balance and travel at 70 max for 2.4 cars. All my cars are set-up in these perameters. With this 03 to 02 swap, for steering travel, i must set it at 100 or alittle more to get enough steering. Steering balence is 60-70 like it should be. Car works fine. Is this higher st. travel considered normal because of the 03 to 02 ? Or is there something i missed in the switch over?

THANKS

herman
2010.03.08, 10:15 PM
lfisminiz... i remember reading it somewhere that setting it too high might strip your servo gears... hope this helps... :D

herman
2010.03.08, 10:24 PM
click here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=377448#post377448) for more info

basically this is what is says... hope this helps...
I never have the ST Travel beyond 60/70.
DO NOT RUN YOUR MR-03 WITHOUT setting your steering end points. This servo is much stronger and will strip gears if they are not set-up properly...The end points should be set at no more than 50-52 L/R and Dual Rate at 100, not more than this... Make sure you do this correctly because 100 L/R with 90 on D/R is too much...

or this may happen...
leonen's post (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=369678&postcount=12)
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28709&d=1260908027

lfisminiz
2010.03.08, 10:31 PM
Herman, thanks. This i know but this is an 02 with 03 board. The servo is the 02 servo. So its not like turning up the 03 settings.;)

herman
2010.03.08, 10:31 PM
felix2010...
sad to hear about your trouble with your helios... why not have it sent in for a diagnosis at least?

or try out your modules on a different helios to find out if its not the module that's the culprit... hope you get it fixed.... :D

herman
2010.03.08, 10:32 PM
Herman, thanks. This i know but this is an 02 with 03 board. The servo is the 02 servo. So its not like turning up the 03 settings
dooohhhh... yeah your right... i totally missed that one... :D
how is the steering response on the 02?

lfisminiz
2010.03.08, 10:37 PM
All seems good. Just would like KO to give info on this original question.:)

Eman
2010.03.08, 11:37 PM
Felix: I received the correct module today and all is good. At least its as good as my 2PL as far as range. Overall its a better transmitter than the 2PL but, I wonder how stands up to the 3PK. The EX1 UR feels top heavy and I'm not sure how to set it down. I won't stand it up for fear of tipping and laying it on its back means it lying on the module. Guess I need the kick stand. For me buying the transmitter is a step toward 2.4ghz. Ordered my 2.4ghz module Saturday. Now I need to decide on a car. I might upgrade one of my MA's or maybe buy a LM. I'm disappointed know one from KO respond to my questions.

Cherub1m
2010.03.09, 11:58 AM
My 2 cents, I noticed end point set to 70 for the 03 did not allow full steering on my 03's so I slowly increased it just the end point until I heard the steering straining with left or right turn then I backed it one or two down or until the straining sound disapears. All this time my dual rate is set to 100% and my steering balance is set to 70. At this point I will set up the balance if i find left and right steering are not equal while doing this i never go over 70 on the balance. If after that I need to reduce or increase the steering high point I may, but again listening to the steering strain of either left or right and then backing it up until I dont hear it on both left and right turn.

I know this is a bit wordy, but I hope that helps

KO PROPO Staff
2010.03.24, 01:58 PM
Eman- We only recommend using the correct module in the correct Tx. Some people may not have a problem, but there is a difference between the modules. This is why we make different module if there needs to be a difference.

Felix2010- Sounds like the solder joints for the module pins inside the Tx may be damaged and not the antenna. Most likely it is the solder joint that goes from the module pin and the PCB trace goes to the antenna mount.

Eman
2010.03.31, 03:16 PM
Thanks for responding. I received the correct module and all is good. I have another question. What is Advanced HSR and Super HSR? Is this the speed the transmitter send commands to the receiver?

KO PROPO Staff
2010.03.31, 07:45 PM
Thanks for responding. I received the correct module and all is good. I have another question. What is Advanced HSR and Super HSR? Is this the speed the transmitter send commands to the receiver?

Yes these are the speeds that the transmitter sends the commands to the receiver. You have to use the correct response for the board (Mini-Z) that you are using. You can find the chart for the chassis and responses here (http://www.kopropo.com/america/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=109&Itemid=153).

Advanced HSR is the fastest response in the Helios, switch in H position and 2 channel setting. (8.0ms)
Super HSR is the next fastest response, switch in the H position and 3 channel setting. (11.0ms)
Normal response, switch in the N position (down). (16.0ms)

Steve B.
2010.04.04, 11:14 AM
Hi There,

New to Mini Z but not new to RC. I am trying to find the exact part numbers for the items needed to use my 3PK with the MR-03. It looks like you only need two items. The module adapter and the module, i think that is correct. If somebody could please post the correct module part number.....that would be awesome!!!

Thanks
Steve

ScoobyPete
2010.04.04, 06:37 PM
Hi there
I'm looking for an EX-10 Helios or EX-10 Eurus, and the 2.4ghz Mini z module I think its the RF901sm for the Helios or 902sm for Eurus, I'm based in the UK so do you have a UK distributor or where is the best place to purchase internationaly from?

KO PROPO Staff
2010.04.09, 01:19 PM
Hi there
I'm looking for an EX-10 Helios or EX-10 Eurus, and the 2.4ghz Mini z module I think its the RF901sm for the Helios or 902sm for Eurus, I'm based in the UK so do you have a UK distributor or where is the best place to purchase internationaly from?

The Helios has been discontinued and replaced with the Eurus. Either the RF-901SM or RF-902SM will work with the Eurus, but the 902SM would give you better response.

RC Disco is the UK distributor and you can order from them.

ScoobyPete
2010.04.10, 05:50 AM
The Helios has been discontinued and replaced with the Eurus. Either the RF-901SM or RF-902SM will work with the Eurus, but the 902SM would give you better response.

RC Disco is the UK distributor and you can order from them.

Thanks for the info :)

mk2kompressor
2010.04.10, 12:29 PM
just a shame they dont know what a mini z module is:rolleyes:

also the problem is the fact the 902 dont work with the helios:mad:

pedrocamp
2010.04.13, 05:47 AM
I have a EX1-UR with a drop down kit which is getting stuck when I select SETUP on the MENU. I can't adjust any settings or get out of SETUP unless I turn the radio off. Any ideas? TX board or drop down kit issue? Thanks...

lfisminiz
2010.04.13, 04:18 PM
Hi Pedro....my EX was doing different things like that. I sent it back. They put a new board in. They will take care of you.

pedrocamp
2010.04.13, 04:22 PM
Thanks Larry. They gave me excellent service with a module problem I had a while back. Just hate to be without my radio!

lfisminiz
2010.04.13, 04:58 PM
PEDRO...i know what you mean...but i always have my trusty Helios, which i always liked as much or better. Now im tinkering with the EURUS. If a radio goes down...i have a spare or so.;)

leonen
2010.05.10, 10:57 PM
I just got a Turnigy 2.2 Lipo 3 cell, 20-30C discharge battery.

Now, is it safe to use on my KO-Propo Ex-10 Helios? Won't the high discharge damage the radio or the module?

Thanks!

Action B
2010.05.10, 11:55 PM
I just got a Turnigy 2.2 Lipo 3 cell, 20-30C discharge battery.

Now, is it safe to use on my KO-Propo Ex-10 Helios? Won't the high discharge damage the radio or the module?

Thanks!

Doesn't work like that! Discharge rate is the maximum possible current that can be drawn. The battery will only put out the amount of amperage that your device requires so there is no danger in having a higher discharging battery.

leonen
2010.05.11, 08:43 AM
Thanks ActionB!... I had several friends who blew their modules, and word has it that it was because of the Lipos'.

Just checking.

mleemor60
2010.05.11, 08:51 AM
Nestor. One of our group had that issue as well. It turned out to be caused by the fact that both the battery plug and radio can very easily be plugged in backwards which will instantly let all the smoke out of your module. If it happens you can send the module back for repair and if you are honest and tell them what happened they will likely give you some consideration and refill your module with fresh smoke.

mugler
2010.05.28, 11:26 PM
Nestor. One of our group had that issue as well. It turned out to be caused by the fact that both the battery plug and radio can very easily be plugged in backwards which will instantly let all the smoke out of your module. If it happens you can send the module back for repair and if you are honest and tell them what happened they will likely give you some consideration and refill your module with fresh smoke.

can someone definitively write in here the polarity of pins for plugging in lipo battery packs in EX-10 Helios?? Which pin is the positive, which pin is the negative and which pin should be left alone in EX-10 Helios?

Thank you

mleemor60
2010.05.29, 10:58 AM
Send a PM to Pick.

mugler
2010.05.29, 04:21 PM
Send a PM to Pick.

Are you talking about "pick" with lower case "p". that's the only pick on the member's list.

since this thread was created by KO staff to answer questions I was automatically expecting them to respond, I hope that's still the case!

mleemor60
2010.05.29, 04:46 PM
Yes. That pick. I know he has the answer.

KO PROPO Staff
2010.06.04, 03:41 PM
Pin towards the module side is positive.
Pin in the center is negative.
Pin towards the front of the radio is a dead pin (doesn't connect to anything)

This is labeled in the new EX-10 Eurus since some battery manufacture's wire their batteries incorrectly and sell it as for KO.

bermbuster
2010.08.02, 09:43 PM
I understand that the mini z module has 40 possible channels. This past weekend at a big race I witnessed way too many cars losing there binds.
How can we limit this or even eliminate it from happening? As mini z racing is becoming more popular this will become a HUGE problem.

JuniorWKR
2010.08.02, 09:49 PM
yes... any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated... we were all running 4 blocks away from the shop just to get our cars to bind.... and most of us were getting bind complications while driving also... almost like the signal was comming in and out... we found out by increasing the gauge and the legnth of the antenna wire help but did not solve the problem....

egonzalez
2010.08.02, 11:42 PM
yes... any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated... we were all running 4 blocks away from the shop just to get our cars to bind.... and most of us were getting bind complications while driving also... almost like the signal was comming in and out... we found out by increasing the gauge and the legnth of the antenna wire help but did not solve the problem....

We had KO radios last year as well and we did not see this issue... I wonder if it's only an issue with the EX1-UR? I also lost my bind and I just changed from the Helios a month ago.

z3zinho
2010.08.03, 04:56 PM
I've seen the bind problem happen at major races (me and Jacob had problems at the las worldcup final) when there are allot of ASF cars running. Sometimes the car just looses bind and completely stops, others it started reacting really slow.

What worked for me was just to rebind the car before every heat, and that seems to avoid any issues while racing, although i have to admit that it's a royal PITA...:rolleyes:

duartev
2010.08.03, 06:43 PM
Hi, I am having some trouble in my asf chassis, I use an KoPropo EX-1 UR with ASF module, have set the stering to 70% and throttle to 60% and made the bind, but the motor only starts to run when I have half way to ful throttle,I have set the ASF settings Neutral to narrow, on another asf chassis is the same, in the MR-03 the throttle responce is a little bit better, made a test with a perfex kt-18 an the throttle works as supose to. any idea?

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.05, 07:16 PM
Losing of bind is not related to a particular Tx. It's having too many 2.4GHz devises on at the same time. The 2.4GHz band will start to get congested and slow response to no response can occur.

If you have blue tooth, wifi and anything else turned on that is 2.4GHz, this will congest the band. Especially in a smaller confined area.

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.05, 07:17 PM
Hi, I am having some trouble in my asf chassis, I use an KoPropo EX-1 UR with ASF module, have set the stering to 70% and throttle to 60% and made the bind, but the motor only starts to run when I have half way to ful throttle,I have set the ASF settings Neutral to narrow, on another asf chassis is the same, in the MR-03 the throttle responce is a little bit better, made a test with a perfex kt-18 an the throttle works as supose to. any idea?

Have you tried setting the throttle to 70%?

bermbuster
2010.08.05, 09:36 PM
Losing of bind is not related to a particular Tx. It's having too many 2.4GHz devises on at the same time. The 2.4GHz band will start to get congested and slow response to no response can occur.

If you have blue tooth, wifi and anything else turned on that is 2.4GHz, this will congest the band. Especially in a smaller confined area.

The KO band is getting congested....what is KOs plan for the future?
The way electronics are changing wifi bluetooth the answer shouldnt be to turn them off tomake mini z s work. For the money I spend on Mini Z and KO products I expect a better solution........

Arahawak
2010.08.05, 11:44 PM

What I noticed is that this issue does not just confined to mini-z alone.
Apparently it's the same as the other 2.4ghz system by KO. In large 10th scale racers, KO users have similiar binding issues, whereas other brand radio systems seems to bind faultlessly.

A friend of mine have to bind 2 heats before his just to keep up. Some resort to going to a small confine places like toilets to get it bind sucessfully.

Davey G
2010.08.06, 09:12 AM
We had KO radios last year as well and we did not see this issue... I wonder if it's only an issue with the EX1-UR? I also lost my bind and I just changed from the Helios a month ago.

In a practice session last week, in the middle of a turn my car turned off (lost bind). Right before the start of the A main I had to go into the street to get my car to bind. I have the older KO MARS radio. So I have to assume its not just the EX1Ur. Bill Crotty had the same issue with his Helios.

Slubben
2010.08.06, 09:27 AM
It seems to me that the answer to this issue is fairly simple, At large race events just have a radio impound. Yes it will be a hassle if u need to work on your car during the time between your races but, it seems to me that it would be less of a hassle than having your car unbind during a race or before a main and having to leave the facility to bind it again.

JuniorWKR
2010.08.06, 11:02 AM
i am finding that a larger heavier gauge antenna wire attached directly to the board helped me...

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.06, 01:37 PM
What I noticed is that this issue does not just confined to mini-z alone.
Apparently it's the same as the other 2.4ghz system by KO. In large 10th scale racers, KO users have similiar binding issues, whereas other brand radio systems seems to bind faultlessly.

A friend of mine have to bind 2 heats before his just to keep up. Some resort to going to a small confine places like toilets to get it bind sucessfully.

This can occur with any manufacture's products not just KO's. I was at the IFMAR Nitro World Championships last week where our driver didn't have problems during the 1 hour A main final and two other manufacture's products failed during the event causing the cars to go into fail safe.

2.4GHz is a congested frequency band. I sit 20 feet from our router in our office and it performed flawlessly for 1 year. Then all of a sudden I had no wifi signal from the router. The new tenants in the building have a router that squashed the channel that my router was set to causing me to not get any signal at all even at 20 feet away from it. I had to change the router channel to get a signal.

2.4GHz has it's benefits but nothing is perfect. Radio impound and minimizing wifi & bluetooth use is the best solution to minimize any potential problems.

JuniorWKR
2010.08.06, 01:48 PM
will attaching the antenna from the module to the metal antenna on the remote used for am and extending the antenna wire on the board enable the remote and board to maintain a better signal?

lfisminiz
2010.08.06, 04:13 PM
Last week at the same race, i had no problems. I have the Eurus. Is the Eurus better at keeping signal or did i get lucky?

bermbuster
2010.08.06, 04:57 PM
Last week at the same race, i had no problems. I have the Eurus. Is the Eurus better at keeping signal or did i get lucky?
Your the King of Z...nobody not even radio waves mess with you....:cool:
I think you were lucky. Both me and Frankie lost our binds.....

Arahawak
2010.08.06, 09:16 PM
This can occur with any manufacture's products not just KO's. I was at the IFMAR Nitro World Championships last week where our driver didn't have problems during the 1 hour A main final and two other manufacture's products failed during the event causing the cars to go into fail safe.

2.4GHz is a congested frequency band. I sit 20 feet from our router in our office and it performed flawlessly for 1 year. Then all of a sudden I had no wifi signal from the router. The new tenants in the building have a router that squashed the channel that my router was set to causing me to not get any signal at all even at 20 feet away from it. I had to change the router channel to get a signal.

2.4GHz has it's benefits but nothing is perfect. Radio impound and minimizing wifi & bluetooth use is the best solution to minimize any potential problems.

No offense, but you simply cannot ignore the fact that there are more posting/thread on KO's radio losing their bind vs other brand of radio.

KO has produce much good stuff and i like their servos alot, but if there are enough shout outs on lost radio bind, shouldn't KO be even try to have to look at it?

Radio impounding and minimizing wifi n bluetooth is just a interim solution and it does not cure the root problem.

hpotter
2010.08.06, 10:01 PM
No offense, but you simply cannot ignore the fact that there are more posting/thread on KO's radio losing their bind vs other brand of radio.

KO has produce much good stuff and i like their servos alot, but if there are enough shout outs on lost radio bind, shouldn't KO be even try to have to look at it?

Radio impounding and minimizing wifi n bluetooth is just a interim solution and it does not cure the root problem.

Agree 100%, losing bind is becoming more of a problem at our track also and sorry to say it seems as if the KO radios are more prone. I have not yet seen any other manufacturers radio lose bind yet. I also remember the hype about these radios and being able to work on your cars and stuff in the pits with no worries of any interference, well not anymore. With all the laptops and phones present at tracks today it doesn't seem feasible to just shut off or limit wi-fi and bluetooth.

chad508
2010.08.06, 11:48 PM
im also running the eurus like larry and had no problems.

bermbuster
2010.08.07, 08:05 AM
im also running the eurus like larry and had no problems.
I would hate to think it is the TX. Then that means there is a flaw in the UR-1 the EX-10 and the Mars TXs......especially the UR-1 because that TX came out with the mini z AD module. Come on KO tell us what is happening....:eek:

JuniorWKR
2010.08.07, 09:11 AM
to tell u the truth guys i understand what ko is saying... it makes perfect sense... just think of all the smart phone s and laptops and computers that where at the pn race...

whatever the problem is we arent going to be able to change what phones and laptops people bring to the shop... so as berm said please give us a remedy to this problem without cancelling out everything else...

like i said before... attaching the module antenna to the am extendable antenna on my remote and putting a longer heavier gauge antenna on the board help considerably...

duartev
2010.08.09, 11:26 AM
Have you tried setting the throttle to 70%?
No, I will try that, and I also will make a model reset in the radio

bermbuster
2010.08.10, 09:58 PM
like i said before... attaching the module antenna to the am extendable antenna on my remote and putting a longer heavier gauge antenna on the board help considerably...

MR. KO what are the ramifications of the above type of MOD.....
Mini Z maniacs need to know......:cool:
Thanks
Berm

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.11, 04:07 PM
MR. KO what are the ramifications of the above type of MOD.....
Mini Z maniacs need to know......:cool:
Thanks
Berm

That is something that we cannot recommend. The 2.4GHz module antenna and car antenna are tuned for the length of each respectively. I have asked KO Japan previously about "what if" lengthening the antennas on receivers and they said that it would have to be doubled in length. Meaning if the antenna was 10 cm, to lengthen it you would have to make it 20 cm, 30 cm, etc..

If you are having frequent no binds or losing bind, then there might be something wrong with the module or the car's Rx. If the LED light on the module is not on then either the module is having difficulties allocating a clear/non-corrupted channel or there is something wrong with the module. If there is a problem with the module then I would suggest sending it in for service to your closest KO PROPO repair center.

CristianTabush
2010.08.11, 09:36 PM
On the bind issue...

Having a Radio Impound at Large events is not an "interim solution" it is THE SOLUTION. We only have a limited number of frequencies available to use, so we have to keep the air waves clean.

Back when we started Z's, we had 12 AM Channels open, and people dealt with it just fine. At one event recently I counted as many as 13 transmitters on without the users being anywhere near their cars, this clogs up our air waves.

Remember just because the cars are Auto Selecting Frequency (ASF) does not mean that we can run 150 million cars at once. It just eliminates the hassle of having to deal with changing crystals to find an open channel to run on the track.

If you had an impound, only the 6-8 transmitters would be on at the same time, with the occasional 2-5 transmitters that may be needed to work on your car in the pits, given the situation.

Also, if 2.4GHz devices such as Routers and Blue Tooth is interfering, turn them off. It is not every weekend that you have 50+ guys at a track, racing, so asking to turn those off is not terribly inconvenient, if the end result is that the cars work.

Again, these solutions apply for BIG EVENTS. We never have these situations show up at smaller ones, so asking for once in a while to get a radio impound and/ or turn off all 2.4GHz devices is really not that inconvenient.

We complain that things have "problems" but when you really look at it, we do not use them according to Manufacturer's recommendations.

It's like going to an Auto Manufacturer that recommends premium gas in the engine and complaining that it runs poorly and knocks real bad when we put Regular in it...

bermbuster
2010.08.11, 10:15 PM
On the bind issue...

Having a Radio Impound at Large events is not an "interim solution" it is THE SOLUTION. We only have a limited number of frequencies available to use, so we have to keep the air waves clean.

Back when we started Z's, we had 12 AM Channels open, and people dealt with it just fine. At one event recently I counted as many as 13 transmitters on without the users being anywhere near their cars, this clogs up our air waves.

Remember just because the cars are Auto Selecting Frequency (ASF) does not mean that we can run 150 million cars at once. It just eliminates the hassle of having to deal with changing crystals to find an open channel to run on the track.

If you had an impound, only the 6-8 transmitters would be on at the same time, with the occasional 2-5 transmitters that may be needed to work on your car in the pits, given the situation.

Also, if 2.4GHz devices such as Routers and Blue Tooth is interfering, turn them off. It is not every weekend that you have 50+ guys at a track, racing, so asking to turn those off is not terribly inconvenient, if the end result is that the cars work.

Again, these solutions apply for BIG EVENTS. We never have these situations show up at smaller ones, so asking for once in a while to get a radio impound and/ or turn off all 2.4GHz devices is really not that inconvenient.

We complain that things have "problems" but when you really look at it, we do not use them according to Manufacturer's recommendations.

It's like going to an Auto Manufacturer that recommends premium gas in the engine and complaining that it runs poorly and knocks real bad when we put Regular in it...
Your logic if flawed Cristian.......

When I pay $250 for a TX then another $90 for a module I expect value and a device that is on par with similar units.
I recently raced at the Short Course Nats with my son and we used Spektrum brand 2.4 modules in our TXs. There was over 200 entries and we didnt lose our signal or our binds.....The track was huge 250x100.....

In the real world a manufacturer should listen and make the product work and not give us limitations as recomendations......

I can understand when asf first came out 40 channels might have been good but come on KO be a leader and give us technology not excuses.......

CristianTabush
2010.08.11, 11:36 PM
It's not an excuse, and there is no flawed logic involved here. Please point to where my argument is flawed. I am just simply stating the obvious.

To understand why you were not glitching recently at the Short Course Nats, you have to understand the background of the design of the radio/transmitter combos. Spektrum, as well as other 2.4GHz systems, such as the KO ASF SS, Futaba FASST, Airtronics 2.4Ghz, the "spektrum" of frequencies is much broader (Spektum, for example has 80 open frequencies). Why? because it was designed to be used this way. Why? Because typically, there are many more transmitters at this type of events than at a Mini-Z one. Also, there might be up to 20 cars running on a large track at the same time given that track space is not that limited, this leaves you with the possibility of hundreds, if not thousands of open frequencies open.

For illustration purposes, just think 5 different protocols, each with 40 frequencies- (which is about 1/2 of the frequencies each protocol has- equals AT LEAST 200 open frequencies). At 250 entries, you have 1.25 entries for every frequency, where at Maj's you had 100+ entries, and 40 frequencies, Which equals 2.5 entries per frequency. This means the frequencies were twice as scarce at Maj's than what they were at the SC Nats.

The design of the Mini-Z board protocol was not done this way. They selected 40 something frequencies available, set aside so that the cars do not catch interference from other systems. When the boards were designed, they opened up ample frequencies to run on the track at the same time.

Given the constraints, it is fair to say that the expectations for more than 20 transmitters to be on at any given time for is highly unlikely. But at events as such, which might happen 10 times a year TOPS IN THE WHOLE WORLD, this can have a few drawbacks. In addition to the limited frequencies, what compounds the problem is the Auto-selecting frequency; every time a person switches their car on, the transmitter starts looking for an open frequency to operate on and this can become problematic, due to the nature of the system. If you limit this, by having a RADIO IMPOUND and you limit people turning their transmitters on and off during the duration of an event Where there might be 60 transmitters and 40 frequencies, you mitigate the problem, FOR FREE.

When KO designed this frequency range designated for the Mini-Z, it was a huge improvement from what was previously available. While it is problematic, solutions around it are VERY simple. If you expect KO to come in and change everyone's transmitters, because in 2 annual races a year you can't bind your cars, because you are using your equipment improperly, (not to your fault, but due to your lack of understanding of how a product works) you are fighting a loosing battle.

Robert came on board and offered some solutions, according to manufacturer's recommendations on operation. He even suggested that people might have defective products and to get them serviced. Fact is if you do not use a product, according to MANUFACTURER's specifications, you are using it wrong, and this is the only FLAW that I see here.

Arahawak
2010.08.12, 03:20 AM
Whilst CT is coming from another perpective.

The fact is that the problem does not constraint to just the miniz protocol. It happens to their other 2.4 system for the larger scale usage. Surely they would have opened up to more frequencies since they are also a leader in the market and that they have experiences in large major events.

These just leads to a manufacter's issue. If other brands of radio are not having alot of feedbacks or posts relating to binding issues not due to hardware faults n improper useage, surely the other brands are doing something right and KO is not.

bermbuster
2010.08.12, 06:28 AM
When you defend a manufacturer you are bowing to them letting them rule our hobby. Unlike Houston which has like 3 mini z racers the NYC area is booming. We are approaching at club racing levels 35-40 drivers.

I understand and know how 2.4 works I am telling you and KO make it better for us.....Your a mini z leader Cristian. Act like one and defend us instead of KO. You want to sell more of your parts mini z racing has to grow. How does it grow ...by evolving and not going backwards.....that my man is how your logic is flawed....
When are you coming to Majs to race with us???...........:cool:

JuniorWKR
2010.08.12, 10:12 AM
Christian is 100% right on the facts but i think george may have the argument on logic... i ran 3 classes at the regional race... some ran four... i wound up running 3 mains in a row... i bought a handful of my own trnasponders to eliminate chaos for myself... the truth is is im spending $300 bucks for a remote module combo and god knows how many thousands of dollars to get my cars and equipment up to par to be the fastest i can be... i turly enjoy this hobby and wanna be the fastest i can be with no expense spared... the last thing i wanna worry about is loosing bind or having to wait in line to get my radio outta impound and risk losing a driverstand position i feel most comfortable at... especially after all the time, energy and hard earned money i put into it...

JuniorWKR
2010.08.12, 11:13 AM
Christian, rereading the post i think you may have missed bermbusters idea.. he will have to chime in to correct me if im wrong but i dont think he was looking for a fix for current equipment i think he was looking for a newer better product... i know if ko came out with a new module with broader frequencies i would most definitly buy it to eliminate the unbinding issue at larger events... and the fact for us is that miniz is growing... we are getting larger and larger fri nite race turnouts and this is already becomming an issue for us at race nites not just big events... and at the pn event there were over a 100 entries but it was only 50 something drivers... if there are 40 frequencies i cant imagine that 40 plus remotes were on at the same time throughout the entire weekend...

z3zinho
2010.08.12, 11:35 AM
if there are 40 frequencies i cant imagine that 40 plus remotes were on at the same time throughout the entire weekend...

Don't forget that the 2.4Ghz band is used by a lot of other devices... and there is nothing KO or any other radio manufacturer can do about it.

bermbuster
2010.08.12, 12:23 PM
Don't forget that the 2.4Ghz band is used by a lot of other devices... and there is nothing KO or any other radio manufacturer can do about it.

that is where you are wrong.....Think outside of the box. If a frequency is getting congested expand and grow with technology. Come out with a new module with enhanced channels or even a new frequency....I would buy it heck I need 2....
You would still have the old technology and 40 channels as well.

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.12, 01:58 PM
that is where you are wrong.....Think outside of the box. If a frequency is getting congested expand and grow with technology. Come out with a new module with enhanced channels or even a new frequency....I would buy it heck I need 2....
You would still have the old technology and 40 channels as well.

Here is the problem with expanding into a new frequency as we looked at this before releasing our 2.4GHz, which frequency band can you use that is cost effective and accepted around the world? At this time it would only be 27MHz and 2.4GHz, without getting specialized per region of the globe for each frequency band.

I think that some of the problems that you guys are having could be just the modules. For the past two years we have had the KO Mini-Z grand prix in a mall in San Jose. The first year as I recall, there were two modules that were not operating correctly (~85 entries). This year there were no problems (~70 entries).

Bottom line, if you are having a problem send it in for service.

wcrotty
2010.08.12, 02:26 PM
I find it funny how spectrum 2.4 radio systems have 4.2 billion combinations and we get stuck with only 40. 40? really? We pay 80 bucks for a module that can't be used with any other KO receiver. To buy a mini-z board alone is 100 bucks. The base radio is 90 bucks. A mr03 car is 190.00 with no radio. Is it me or is KO and Kyosho just pricing out this hobby. So for 280 bucks we get 40 channels.

You can buy a brand new traxxas slash with 2.4 radio system and 7 cell battery for 225 bucks.

I love 2.4 because it got rid of the glitching but i had to bind my car 6 times to get the thing to work. Yes there were a lot of entries in NJ but the total number of people was close to 40. Everyone uses one radio for all the cars so you can count the number of entries. No way in hell did all 40 people have their radios on.

Radio impound went out long ago. We should not go back in time. We need to move forward and hope mini-z racing gets other manufactures to build boards to work with other radios that are not limited.

Vegas has 500 entries and no radio impound.

SaiTam
2010.08.12, 02:37 PM
I have never tired outdoor racing (1/10th scale track) with Mini-z but this video from Japan shows almost 20 cars running simultaneously at outdoor circuit. Reception seems not be an issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3OVum4EXU8

bermbuster
2010.08.12, 08:24 PM
Bottom line, if you are having a problem send it in for service.

So it is not normal to lose the bind? What do you exactly do when we send in a module? And how much will it cost?
How long should a module last?

ruf993
2010.08.12, 11:05 PM
On the bind issue...

So let me get this right somewhere in Ko Propo 2.4 ASF MiniZ manual, are saying from there "manufacture's recommendations" That if you have Big race events over 40 drivers you must:

A: Recomend a radio impound
B: Recomend a Shut down all PDA,NeT Books,Wireless 2.4 land phones,routers,etc.
C: Recomend to have small group of racing in one bulding

I Know if I owned an $80k BMW M car and in the manual said they recommend to use only premium. I dam sure I will be running some High test gas on the market...;) but that's just the gear head in me!!:p

I too had bind issues in occasional big miniZ events but will deal with it. Since going to 2.4 it made miniZ racing alot more fun and there are more Pros then cons. :cool:

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.13, 12:24 PM
Somewhere along the lines I think you guys don't understand the technology and it's limitations and maybe this is the mistake on the manufacturer's part. There are only so many channels that you can create on a certain frequency bands that will be allowed by government regulations. You cannot create what ever you like and disregard the local government. All systems will have some type of problems once in a while and NO system is always perfect.

As I have stated twice so far, if there is a problem you should send in your module. If the issue is a manufacturer's defect we (KO PROPO America) will not charge you for labor and shipping back to you. (If you send a copy of your receipt to show proof that this was purchased in North America). If you are outside of North America, you will have to contact the distributor in your region where you purchased the item from to get service.

bermbuster
2010.08.13, 05:37 PM
Somewhere along the lines I think you guys don't understand the technology and it's limitations and maybe this is the mistake on the manufacturer's part. There are only so many channels that you can create on a certain frequency bands that will be allowed by government regulations. You cannot create what ever you like and disregard the local government. All systems will have some type of problems once in a while and NO system is always perfect.

As I have stated twice so far, if there is a problem you should send in your module. If the issue is a manufacturer's defect we (KO PROPO America) will not charge you for labor and shipping back to you. (If you send a copy of your receipt to show proof that this was purchased in North America). If you are outside of North America, you will have to contact the distributor in your region where you purchased the item from to get service.

i understand the technology KO and Kyosho opted for a small piece of the 2.4 band width....It doesnt come for free and the fact mini z is a small pc of RC I can accept that.
What bothers me is the technology itself. When the band width gets congested my bind freaks....and it causes me to rebind. If I shut down and waited 5 minutes then powered up and it re communicated that would be a plus. So far all Im hearing is in Cali we had a big race and nobody lost there binds....If you have a problem send it in....
I have a binding problem i lost the bind on 3 occasions both me and my son .
UR-1 TXs and the KO module. We use the UR1 TXs with spektrum brand modules for 1/10 racing and havent had any issues. Im ruling out the TX as a problem. I will send the modules back for repair....If you find nothing is wrong and I lose a bind again where do I stand? The reality is im a mini z maniac and im not going away....(15 -2.4 mini zs...) I need to hear that KO is commited to keep on doing better to make mini z racing more pleasurable for the masses......

KO PROPO Staff
2010.08.13, 05:55 PM
i understand the technology KO and Kyosho opted for a small piece of the 2.4 band width....It doesnt come for free and the fact mini z is a small pc of RC I can accept that.
What bothers me is the technology itself. When the band width gets congested my bind freaks....and it causes me to rebind. If I shut down and waited 5 minutes then powered up and it re communicated that would be a plus. So far all Im hearing is in Cali we had a big race and nobody lost there binds....If you have a problem send it in....
I have a binding problem i lost the bind on 3 occasions both me and my son .
UR-1 TXs and the KO module. We use the UR1 TXs with spektrum brand modules for 1/10 racing and havent had any issues. Im ruling out the TX as a problem. I will send the modules back for repair....If you find nothing is wrong and I lose a bind again where do I stand? The reality is im a mini z maniac and im not going away....(15 -2.4 mini zs...) I need to hear that KO is commited to keep on doing better to make mini z racing more pleasurable for the masses......

To constantly lose your bind, then there is a problem with the module that you are using. Could be firmware, module pin connection, module board, etc. I wouldn't be able to tell you until it gets serviced. All issues that we have seen that have come through, will be looked at for each module. If the module is operating correctly, there should be no problems. We will continue to service or replace the modules if they are defective.

Now if the board (Receiver) is the issue, I cannot help you with that sorry. Even though it was made by KO Japan, KO America does not service this product as it must be sent to Kyosho for service.

Digitalis West
2010.08.15, 10:35 PM
One thing to remember is that only a small portion of the 2.4GHz bandwidth is available by government regulation. This applies to everyone, not just KO, not just RC controller manufacturers... but everyone. This means that everything in this band range is competing for the same bandwidth including wireless routers, cordless telphones, wireless video (security cameras), bluetooth everything, etc, etc. These other devices may be congesting the band more than the controllers themselves.

It does seem as though the KO Mini-Z system may not be as robust in the face of interference as some other systems. That said, keep in mind that Mini-Z races are often held indoors with all of the wireless convinences nearby. Races with other controllers (other scales) are usually held outdoors or in larger facilities, away from 2.4GHz interference. Turning off, or limiting use of other 2.4GHz spectrum devices may help a lot.

Is there any intention of selling the KO BandMonitor (http://kopropo.co.jp/wp/?cat=79) in the US? This might also help people understand what is happening at an event.

yscheong
2010.09.04, 12:45 PM
I have just change my EX-10 to EX-10 Eurus, still using the 901sm module. While using the 901sm module, I can select 3 mode to have different respond. Just want to know if I change to 902sm which only have Mini Z mode if not mistaken. It is equal to which mode on 901sm?

bermbuster
2010.09.04, 04:54 PM
I have just change my EX-10 to EX-10 Eurus, still using the 901sm module. While using the 901sm module, I can select 3 mode to have different respond. Just want to know if I change to 902sm which only have Mini Z mode if not mistaken. It is equal to which mode on 901sm?
from what I understand none of them......the 902sm is superior to the 901sm.
with the new module you now have the ability to use the span of a function 100% not 60 %. If you feel something is too aggresive for your driving style you can tone it down.

redneckracer
2010.09.18, 12:46 PM
Hey i have a question for KO staff , i put some fresh batteries in my radio (helios ) today and turned it on and pooff ... the module fried . ??? Whats up with that ??? The radio still turns on fine , i tried my spektrum module and it works fine but my mini-z asf module is done . Its only a month old and iam supposed to race tonight . Has this happened to anyone else ?

danny250r
2010.11.05, 08:34 AM
does the eurus have a fail safe mode :confused:

kryten
2010.11.07, 01:55 PM
Whats the part number for the memory expansion for the helios,and where can i get one? I love my tx but 9 model memory isn't enough anymore.

danny250r
2010.11.08, 04:45 PM
does the eurus have a fail safe mode :confused:

anybody anybody:D:D

kromie101
2010.11.27, 06:38 PM
ok here is my issue, was at a race a week ago and my sons helios worked fine till the end of the day. we started having glitch issues. thought it was the car,module and the motor. changed all three and was the same glitch.

week later tried another motor again and same glitch,so we tried another radio with same module and it worked fine.we tried 3 different radios and it worked fine.

so my plan was to send the radio back to KO. a day later i just wanted to make sure one more time before i sent it off. guess what , it works know.what is the deal. took out module and put it back in just to see if i could get it to mess up and it works fine:confused:. not sure if i should still send it or not?

does anybody know what the switch is on the radio behind the module? any help would be awesome. thanks again,eric

mdowney
2010.11.27, 09:05 PM
I bought the EX-10 EURUS that comes with the Mini-Z module. Does it also come with the standard module or do I need to purchase the RF-901S seperately with an Rx in order to use the Tx with my larger-scale cars?

mini-z
2010.12.04, 03:32 PM
Whats the part number for the memory expansion for the helios,and where can i get one? I love my tx but 9 model memory isn't enough anymore.

Kryten, you need the KO PROPO Data Pack for EX-10 Helios - we should have more in in the next week or so, please contact us if you'd like us to hold one for you - thanks! :)

mini-z
2010.12.04, 03:35 PM
I bought the EX-10 EURUS that comes with the Mini-Z module. Does it also come with the standard module or do I need to purchase the RF-901S seperately with an Rx in order to use the Tx with my larger-scale cars?

M, you actually want the RF-902S and KR-409S - email me and I'll get you sorted. :)

lfisminiz
2010.12.08, 07:30 PM
Anybody ever have your settings for a peticular model (car), for no reason loose all your settings and have totally differet settings on it. Example...TH. highpoint had at 72 and went to 100...TH. curve, went from -20 to + curve etc....ST. settings changed too. It cost me a possible win or top 3 at the recent Garden State Shootout at Majs. Till i figured out what happened , it was to late. Its a EURUS radio. I re-set the model and put my settings back in and for now its OK...........

KO or anybody???

Felix2010
2010.12.08, 08:32 PM
Anybody ever have your settings for a peticular model (car), for no reason loose all your settings and have totally differet settings on it. Example...TH. highpoint had at 72 and went to 100...TH. curve, went from -20 to + curve etc....ST. settings changed too. It cost me a possible win or top 3 at the recent Garden State Shootout at Majs. Till i figured out what happened , it was to late. Its a EURUS radio. I re-set the model and put my settings back in and for now its OK...........

KO or anybody???

Sounds like somebody done sabotaged you lfisminiz!!!:eek: For real though, I've never heard of Tx settings changing all by themselves. It doesn't seem too probable either, unless you accidentally swapped-over to another "Model#" and you forgot you used some of the unnamed Model#'s and changed some of the settings under those Model#'s, that the settings should be all weirded-out.
I'm thinking someone messed with your Eurus, intentionally or unintentionally...

hpotter
2010.12.08, 08:45 PM

KO or anybody???

Yes, I have had that happen to me. I have also had a memory reset to factory settings. I am using the EX1-UR and my purchase hasn't been a pleasant one. I would lose bind intermittently and eventually got a new one after sending it and the module back multiple times. The replacement radio was working fine until a few weeks back and am know experiencing the same issues as above and losing bind whenever the radio feels like it. Unfortunately, my only recourse is to send everything back again but it being about a year old what is the point? I was even contemplating purchasing a Eurus thinking it was just the EX1-UR but now hearing this is making me scared. There has to be some reason why these radios exhibit the same problems regardless of model or older vs newer tech. If anyone asks, I did the variable resistor adjustment and I don't even think that is holding because when I go back into that setting it shows the default numbers shown and not the adjusted numbers, if that makes any sense. Good luck, but from my experience its just going to get worse.

Btw everyone at my local track said the same about somehow the radio was messed with (by one of the kids) until it happened again while the radio was put on a 10 ft high shelf after every use so it couldn't be tampered with. Then it happened to another racers radio which was newer than mine so it does happen no matter how unlikely it seems.

yscheong
2010.12.08, 08:48 PM

KO or anybody???

I had the same problem 3 time in 3 months of usage of my eurus. 2 time on memory no. 2 and 1 time in another memory just recently. But what I do is I back up all my setting to other memory. since the eurus have more memory then old model.

moz
2010.12.08, 08:57 PM

KO or anybody???

yes my friends had the same situation....

hpotter
2010.12.08, 08:59 PM
I had the same problem 3 time in 3 months of usage of my eurus. 2 time on memory no. 2 and 1 time in another memory just recently. But what I do is I back up all my setting to other memory. since the eurus have more memory then old model.
Yes, but why should you have to do that? Like I said in my case this is indicitive that the Tx will become unreliable very quickly, not what you want when you race (will it work or won't it). Also realize that when I was sending everything in to be checked I went for about a total of 2 months without a radio only to hear that the problem could not be duplicated (problem was intermittent), also not what you expect from a high end radio.

lfisminiz
2010.12.08, 09:26 PM
Sounds like somebody done sabotaged you lfisminiz!!!:eek: For real though, I've never heard of Tx settings changing all by themselves. It doesn't seem too probable either, unless you accidentally swapped-over to another "Model#" and you forgot you used some of the unnamed Model#'s and changed some of the settings under those Model#'s, that the settings should be all weirded-out.
I'm thinking someone messed with your Eurus, intentionally or unintentionally...

I know for sure that i had the right model name. The settings were the same. Car was great....didnt want to mess with it..;)

lfisminiz
2010.12.08, 09:32 PM
Yes, I have had that happen to me. I have also had a memory reset to factory settings. I am using the EX1-UR and my purchase hasn't been a pleasant one. I would lose bind intermittently and eventually got a new one after sending it and the module back multiple times. The replacement radio was working fine until a few weeks back and am know experiencing the same issues as above and losing bind whenever the radio feels like it. Unfortunately, my only recourse is to send everything back again but it being about a year old what is the point? I was even contemplating purchasing a Eurus thinking it was just the EX1-UR but now hearing this is making me scared. There has to be some reason why these radios exhibit the same problems regardless of model or older vs newer tech. If anyone asks, I did the variable resistor adjustment and I don't even think that is holding because when I go back into that setting it shows the default numbers shown and not the adjusted numbers, if that makes any sense. Good luck, but from my experience its just going to get worse.

Btw everyone at my local track said the same about somehow the radio was messed with (by one of the kids) until it happened again while the radio was put on a 10 ft high shelf after every use so it couldn't be tampered with. Then it happened to another racers radio which was newer than mine so it does happen no matter how unlikely it seems.

Dont get me wrong, i really like the radio. Its right like my Helios but better responce and better menue lay out. So far, this is the only problem....binding has been fine. Ill see what happens. Hopefully KO will respond to this.

lfisminiz
2010.12.08, 09:34 PM
yscheong/moz - thanks for reply. Lets hear from KO.

Felix2010
2010.12.08, 10:25 PM
I guess there is a problem with MODL# Settings changing on their own, I stand corrected. I would never have suspected if nobody brought this issue up on here and more than a few racers have encountered "phantom" Model# Settings. Very weird... I have not encountered this problem on either my Helios or my EX1-UR, knock on wood...

hpotter - I had the issue you described happen to me also, where the Tx would lose bind intermittently and my cars would start to Glitch bad the longer I raced them; I immediately suspected the RF901-SM ASF module though, the EX1-UR worked fine with AM/AD-Band. At first I tried many times to re-bind the Tx to all my ASF chassis', make sure there wasn't any loose connections, all that good stuff... And I just thought for the first few months the module was out that this is what everyone had to deal with - Losing bind/Weak Signal/Glitching I mean... The module I bought was one of the 1st-Batch of 901-SM ASF modules for the Helios/EX-1UR, I got it right @release.

Then a couple months later, I bought a second RF901-SM module for the hell of it. Everything from binding process to driving was Flawless. I sat on the defective module for a while before finally inquiring the best way to handle the situation. I have to say, KO Propo is great with US customer service and repairs. I sent the defective module back to KO and they confirmed that the 901-SM module PCB was defective, and replaced it. All I needed to pay for was the shipping and confirmation delivery to KO Propo America for repairs. They took care of the problem quickly and pain-free:) If I may suggest, contact KO Propo via their website; Make sure your your rep/someone @KO knows you are sending the module back for diagnosis of the problem/repair; Then send just the RF-901SM module (You only have 1, correct?) - Not the EX1-UR Tx - Off to KO.

***As for the phantom MODL# settings' changes*** - I have no idea why this is happening, I have not seen this for myself. Just in case, you might already know this: My common practice is to always remove one or more of the batteries from my Tx's after I'm done using them for the day. Leaving the batteries in (Or all the batteries in, so that you have a "Live" car/Tx/etc.) has always been a big No-No with all Mini-Z equipment. If you leave your batteries in your Tx, so that there is still voltage/current draw and the only thing keeping the Tx "Off" is the ON/OFF switch, may I also suggest that you remember to always remove one/all the batteries once you are through for the day. This will maximize battery life too. When the batteries are installed there's still a tiny amount of current-draw from the cells by the Tx.

hpotter
2010.12.08, 10:48 PM
Felix2010, KO did what they had to fix the problem with the original equipment it was just that I was upset buying a radio and not being able to run because of sending it in multiple times and never actually finding out what the issue was. Like I said in my previous post KO got me an entirely new radio and module and everything was great...until recently, it did that weird thing with the settings getting messed up, but in my case is now showing the same symptoms as the original radio and module did. The worst thing about this is that the problem is intermittent, it seems as if the radio decides when it wants to work. Now hearing that the same issues are being experienced by Eurus owners hopefully we can find out whats wrong and finally get it fixed permanantly. I totally understand things can go wrong and break but I depend on reliability and that's a major deciding factor for my purchases. Now this seems to happening on the Eurus which is a newer model...is this just a KO issue, something inherant to 2.4? I just know that for me I'm holding off on any new purchases until I hear more about this issue and thats a shame because I really do like their Radios.

chad508
2010.12.08, 11:13 PM
just to add to this my eurus has done the same thing 2 times. it happened to all my models but all settings changed to different points. not all to 100. its not fun to be fighting a non handling car only to notice after you have changed car setups that it was the radio all along.

Felix2010
2010.12.09, 05:00 AM
hpotter - I understand your frustration. I agree completely that reliability is a big part of what I choose to buy and run on my Mini-Z's. I was so disheartened when the 1st RF-901SM module I bought started glitching. I run at my home track mostly and low ceilings+large RCP layout did not help the old AM&FM-Band signal strength at all. Actually I was really, really PO'ed because my Xmods ran head and shoulders better than my Mini-Zs which are supposed to "hobby-grade"!
When ASF arrived, I was expecting glitch-free - Because that's what I was told. "No more glitching, period". (I was surprised it was "Auto-Select Frequency" and not "Continuous Auto-Select Frequency"). Every electronics co. has their own technology though (KO, Spktrum, so on) and Kyosho quality has always been top-notch, so I trusted and still trust KO Propo to be top-nothc as well and that KO the company will stand by and take care of us Mini-Z guys. Once I found out it was a defective 901SM module that was the source of my 2.4 ASF problems - And now that I have 2 working radios with 901SM modules working 100%(Helios & EX-1UR) - I have been happy for the large majority of my experience with KO products.

On the other hand...I have heard some horror stories about KO 2.4 ASF stuff not working... Deff NOT good... The thing is, I don't have any exp with other 2.4 gear (Spektrum/Futaba FASST/Airtronics/etc.). From forums and blogs it seems to me that KO gets the most customer complaints in regards to their 2.4 ASF technology; Things are not all 100% with KO's 2.4 ASF stuff for Mini-Z.
My Overall Opinion though is, I really like KO Propo stuff.

Are you using standard 8xAA batteries for your Tx(s)? Did you switch to Lipo pack from aftermarket co.'s? What about the other racers experiencing problems with their Tx's, like the phantom setting-changing on the Eurus? Anyone running the OEM battery setup 8xAA and experiencing problems?

The Eurus is the Flagship Tx; I expect KO to make good on this product, and on the EX-1UR and the Helios still even. Hopefully this is a simple problem w/a simple solution.

It does kinda blow to get new gear, pay big $$ for it too, and have it not work... I know how disappointing it is. But KO and Kyosho I don't think are going to let us down.

I would like to hear a response from KO regarding the Eurus issue - I am in the market too for a Eurus possibly, but I need to know I can count on it 1st.

lfisminiz
2010.12.09, 05:28 AM
just to add to this my eurus has done the same thing 2 times. it happened to all my models but all settings changed to different points. not all to 100. its not fun to be fighting a non handling car only to notice after you have changed car setups that it was the radio all along.

Chad, my settings changed to different points also. The 100 was more of an example of what happened. Ill have to check all my other car settings and make sure they are good.

hpotter
2010.12.09, 10:49 AM
I have always run standard AA's in my Tx and the other racer who had the same issue also uses reg AA batteries. Just a sidenote; the first thing I checked when problems started was the battery voltage and all was fine--even changed them to brand new just to make sure.

Felix2010
2010.12.09, 11:35 AM
I have always run standard AA's in my Tx and the other racer who had the same issue also uses reg AA batteries. Just a sidenote; the first thing I checked when problems started was the battery voltage and all was fine--even changed them to brand new just to make sure.

Answering my questions before I even ask them... That's a violation of Quantum Theory of Causality:D Only thing I know that can do that are Tachyons... And they supposedly don't exist :D (Bad science humor:))

There seems to be a definite problem with some KO Tx's memory then.:(
I just run 8xAA's myself as well in my Helios&EX-1, and I've gotten used to the weight; I've heard of people frying their Tx simply by hooking up their aftermarket replacement Lipo stickpack to their Tx... One company (I don't know specifics:() that makes some of the Tx 3-cell Lipo packs does the polarity of their Tx Lipo pack BACKWARDS compared to how KO has the polarity set on the 8xAA battery "stick" on KO Tx's... I guess some guys have shorted-out their radios when they just plugged-in the Lipo pack. I never wanted to take the chance.

I would've thought that there would be reverse-polarity protection on high-end Tx's. But when I think about it, KO never intended for us to use aftermarket 3-cell Lipo stick-packs instead of standard OEM 8xAA Alkaline cells....:o

chad508
2010.12.09, 12:00 PM
but they did in the eurus. i just recently installed a lipo in mine but have yet to run enough to get the problem happen again.

i wounder if there is any chance this problem and the bind, and glitch problem could all be the same issue.

Davey G
2010.12.09, 01:22 PM
Yeah Larry, that sure was a shame that you had to miss your pancar A MAIN. I will stick with my 2004 KO MARS...:rolleyes:

Felix2010
2010.12.09, 02:48 PM
Yeah Larry, that sure was a shame that you had to miss your pancar A MAIN. I will stick with my 2004 KO MARS...:rolleyes:

Do you really use an '04 KO MARS Tx Davey?:)

JuniorWKR
2010.12.09, 03:46 PM
a major problem i keep having with my eurus is that i keep losing slots...

for example my stock car was binded to number 2... i starting having major problems with glitching as far as throttle control and steering was concerned... i bound it to number 7 and no more problem... till last weekend where i am now on number 8... no matter what car i try to bind to the bad numbers they all do the same thing...

dvsstrike
2010.12.09, 03:46 PM
i wonder if it could be the pads for the buttons sticking when you turn it on? I stll use my mars limited for these cars. I have had this radio since new and will never part with it. On a side note I know someone who has a eurus and if you tap the botom the of the radio it turn off then on.

lfisminiz
2010.12.09, 04:37 PM
WE need KO to chime in here.........:confused: So far i dont have the other problems. This was the first but listening to others, may not be the last......................KO, give us info.

Davey G
2010.12.09, 05:02 PM
Do you really use an '04 KO MARS Tx Davey?:)

I sure do:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/35605_468133388844_543333844_5640244_3165269_n.jpg

EMU
2010.12.09, 06:32 PM
I sure do:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/35605_468133388844_543333844_5640244_3165269_n.jpg

I didnt think you would be using that radio this long :cool: Guess if it works well, why change.

I havent had any of these issues with my Helios, and havent seen any of them on any Helios (correct me if I am wrong). I have seen quite a few issues with various EX-1UR's, but not many people use the Eurus yet... I am going to be sticking with my Helios for a while, I thought about getting a Eurus, but this doesnt sound good.

lfisminiz
2010.12.09, 08:44 PM
I didnt think you would be using that radio this long :cool: Guess if it works well, why change.

I havent had any of these issues with my Helios, and havent seen any of them on any Helios (correct me if I am wrong). I have seen quite a few issues with various EX-1UR's, but not many people use the Eurus yet... I am going to be sticking with my Helios for a while, I thought about getting a Eurus, but this doesnt sound good.

Eugene, what i remember...i dont think i had any trouble with my Helios. I still have it for a back-up. See what KO say about the Eurus problems here.

bermbuster
2010.12.09, 09:29 PM
I bought 2 Eurus Txs to resolve my UR-1 issues....
I havent been using them and hearing this makes me nervous as well....
What stinks here is you pay for top quality and you get mediocracy......

Daves old KO propo may not lose memory but I remember him walking outside and to the corner to re-bind right before his A main event race at the PN regional at Majs earlier this year.....I believe he won that race....:D

hpotter
2010.12.10, 02:21 AM
The more posts that pop up the harder it is to believe that KO has not been aware of these issues. It seems as if they are in denial or simply just can't figure out the problems, therefore the issues follow all the newer models down the line. I know the entire time I was in contact with KO about my Tx problems they swore that they've never heard of problems like I was having. I'm really curious as to what they're response is going to be because you can keep replacing parts to keep the backlash at bay but in the long run your reputation is going to suffer because your just replacing bad with bad. Until you admit there is an issue and do everything in your power to remedy it I can see future sales really suffering. I'm personally very happy I decided to wait and see if anything was going to be done about these problems before purchasing a Eurus. Hopefully things will change.

blt456
2010.12.10, 07:02 PM
Hm, this is weird. I had my ex-1UR since early 2008 and has never had the model or adjustments messed up.

Davey G
2010.12.10, 10:18 PM
I bought 2 Eurus Txs to resolve my UR-1 issues....
I havent been using them and hearing this makes me nervous as well....
What stinks here is you pay for top quality and you get mediocracy......

Daves old KO propo may not lose memory but I remember him walking outside and to the corner to re-bind right before his A main event race at the PN regional at Majs earlier this year.....I believe he won that race....:D

YUP I did have binding issues that day. For some reason whenever BILL CROTTY would turn on his radio my car would lose bind. Bill was in the A main in stock as well as myself, me and a buddy went outside (down the corner) rebound, and all was good. At the Garden State Shootout (40 something drivers) last week drivers were having issues all day as well. Seems like when there is a big turnout is when people have issues no matter what radio they are using. Grant also uses the MARS from what I recall. ITs an oldie but goodie. :eek:

EMU
2010.12.11, 03:12 AM
I look at binding issues as a problem with the module, not radio. I have seen many lost binds by most common radios with ASF. I have experienced my share of them as well. I had to take a walk away in Myrtle Beach at the PNWC to find a bind for one of my F1's right before a race.

This problem is something different... Where the model memories randomly reset. I would still like to know if anyone has had similar problems on the Helios or MARS.

moz
2010.12.11, 03:58 AM
I look at binding issues as a problem with the module, not radio. I have seen many lost binds by most common radios with ASF. I have experienced my share of them as well. I had to take a walk away in Myrtle Beach at the PNWC to find a bind for one of my F1's right before a race.

This problem is something different... Where the model memories randomly reset. I would still like to know if anyone has had similar problems on the Helios or MARS.

my story almost the same..Im using helios...but not memory lost...the car cant find my radio...No LED status on module-comfirm and car LED blinking..I think-cant remember:D...what i do is clean the terminal from my radio and done...;)...maybe the terminal in poor connection due to me always unplugged the module

bermbuster
2010.12.11, 08:21 AM

Lost Binds are still a problem. I was hoping the new asf module for the Eurus would work better as well. Anybody with the new module lose a bind?

The Mars and Helios have low number memories.....The UR1 and the Eurus have high number memories. Could the problem be with the memory ???
I have seen a UR1 change its parameter set to Japanese. Everybody was
like...what happened.....

With my current Eurus TXs I purchased the speed mind bags so we do not have to remove the modules. Can our problems be caused by powering up when a module is not seated correctly? If we power up and forget the module? So far our Eurus TXs didnt malfunction, but we havent been using them that much.

chad508
2010.12.11, 09:13 AM
i had the problem again last night with my f1 model memory. all others were fine but my f1 setting went haywire. i think i will just start righting down my settings to have as a back up when this happens again.

mleemor60
2010.12.11, 10:04 AM
Chad. Try putting the settins in two different model numbers. If one takes the day off check to see if the other stayed home.

EMU
2010.12.11, 01:31 PM
my story almost the same..Im using helios...but not memory lost...the car cant find my radio...No LED status on module-comfirm and car LED blinking..I think-cant remember:D...what i do is clean the terminal from my radio and done...;)...maybe the terminal in poor connection due to me always unplugged the moduleTry putting a business card between the module and radio (under to push it up) this will help keep the contact better.

The Mars and Helios have low number memories.....The UR1 and the Eurus have high number memories. Could the problem be with the memory ???

I do have the Data Pack for the Helios, which expands the memory space to 25. I dont have any memory issues, although I recently had some issues getting into reverse on a couple of my cars that I was using throttle punch with (70t cars). Last week they worked fine, this week I couldnt reverse until I removed the punch. I had been using the settings for the last few months without a problem.
Chad. Try putting the settins in two different model numbers. If one takes the day off check to see if the other stayed home.That is a good idea, if you have the memory space, give it a shot.

chad508
2010.12.11, 01:49 PM
i guess i should take advantage of the eurus's 30 model memory. i will just copy each model over and see what happens.
thanks

EMU
2010.12.11, 01:56 PM
One thing that I really like about the Data Pack for the Helios, is that I can copy memory settings to a different Helios. I did this at the worlds for Mike Gee's 70t stock car, so he started with the same settings that I use on my car, and tweaked from there to fine tune his settings. I just have to make sure that when I turn off the radio, it is not on a model memory on the data pack, otherwise it wont work when I remove the data pack.

lfisminiz
2010.12.11, 10:42 PM
Ill copy my models to. We still need some help/advise from KO.

bermbuster
2010.12.12, 07:25 AM
Ill copy my models to. We still need some help/advise from KO.

Larry do you have the new 902 module (blue led)?
Do you take the module out during transport?
Do you ever forget install the module and turn the TX?

I have no answers only scenerios we can use to try to help KO troubleshoot
unless they already know something.......

lfisminiz
2010.12.12, 10:23 AM
Larry do you have the new 902 module (blue led)?
Do you take the module out during transport?
Do you ever forget install the module and turn the TX?

I have no answers only scenerios we can use to try to help KO troubleshoot
unless they already know something.......

Yes, its the 902 module.
I keep the module in (in a padded bag). Also i have a piece of lexan between module and frame to keep module more secure from wiggling.
Never take module out.

Good ideas. Like i said, only happened 1 time so far but others its happening to also?

KO PROPO Staff
2010.12.13, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I haven't been receiving any notifications about posts here for some reason nor do I have any private messages in my box. Thank you Larry Frey for emailing me and bringing this to my attention.

As for the phantom model memory changes you will need to send in the Tx. Sometimes the memory in the initial batch of Eurus Tx's would become corrupted and the software will need to be re-flashed. It's a quick fix but you have to send in the Tx to have this done. Your current Tx settings will not be changed so you do not have to worry about losing them. After doing this firmware flash, I have not seen any come back so it seems to have been corrected. So far I have only had to do this to 5 Eurus transmitters and this is far below our 1% failure rate on products. I will apologize if this has happened to you but we will take care of it for you.

A quick fix to get you by until you have time to send the Tx in would be to move to a different model memory (discontinue the use of the corrupted one). Reset the new model memory and then perform the Adjust VR function to re-calibrate the Tx.

Just fill out the service request form found on our site (Support -> Repair Centers) along with a copy of your receipt and we will re-flash the software and send the Tx back to you if you are in North America.

lfisminiz
2010.12.13, 09:37 PM
Robert (KO), Thanks for info. Glad i could help get this going.:)

hpotter
2010.12.13, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I haven't been receiving any notifications about posts here for some reason nor do I have any private messages in my box. Thank you Larry Frey for emailing me and bringing this to my attention.

As for the phantom model memory changes you will need to send in the Tx. Sometimes the memory in the initial batch of Eurus Tx's would become corrupted and the software will need to be re-flashed. It's a quick fix but you have to send in the Tx to have this done. Your current Tx settings will not be changed so you do not have to worry about losing them. After doing this firmware flash, I have not seen any come back so it seems to have been corrected. So far I have only had to do this to 5 Eurus transmitters and this is far below our 1% failure rate on products. I will apologize if this has happened to you but we will take care of it for you.

A quick fix to get you by until you have time to send the Tx in would be to move to a different model memory (discontinue the use of the corrupted one). Reset the new model memory and then perform the Adjust VR function to re-calibrate the Tx.

Just fill out the service request form found on our site (Support -> Repair Centers) along with a copy of your receipt and we will re-flash the software and send the Tx back to you if you are in North America.

Is this the same for the EX1-UR having the settings problem and the losing bind problem? What if I can not find the receipt?

bermbuster
2010.12.14, 06:53 AM

Since KO TXs have serial numbers....What serial numbers will this effect?

bermbuster
2010.12.14, 07:02 AM

Since KO TXs have serial numbers....What serial numbers will this effect?

Slapstick10
2010.12.14, 09:59 AM
What am I doing thats so differant from you guys. I have not had a lost bind. I use my radio 3days a week and run multiple classes and cars. I never take out my module, only when I race 1/10 in the summer. My module does fit very snug to the radio. I do always adjust my vr when a new car is added. I can confirm that Potter has lost bind on his radio. I have saw it first hand and its not a pretty site.

KO PROPO Staff
2010.12.14, 01:56 PM
Is this the same for the EX1-UR having the settings problem and the losing bind problem? What if I can not find the receipt?

Binding problem is totally different and is a module problem. If you have problems with the settings in the EX-1 UR then you would have to send this in as well.

If you don't have your receipt then you will be charged for labor and shipping.

bermbuster- I wouldn't know what serial numbers would be effected. I've been told that if there is a problem with setting getting corrupted then you would have to send it in. If you don't have the problem then you don't have to worry about it.

arch2b
2010.12.14, 05:59 PM
if you don't have a physical receipt, check with the store you purchased it. i do a lot of online purchasing so i routinely save all email receipts vs. keeping stack of paper.

kromie101
2011.01.08, 05:09 PM
i have a question about a setting. just wondering is there a setting between forward and the brakes.is there a delay setting that i can adjust before the brakes come on? it seems on my cars when i drive every once in a while my car will just spin out on some hairpin turns.

i think what is happening is when i'm going back to the neutral position i might just bump the trigger into the brake position just a second and the car will spin out.is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the brake? this will happen with all 3 of my cars every once in a while. any help would be cool.thanks,eric

kromie101
2011.01.09, 07:56 PM
anybody have any ideas?

herman
2011.01.09, 11:36 PM
hmm... check your throttle trim setting... what tx do you have anyway? :D

color01
2011.01.10, 02:02 AM
Kromie, for that setting you should probably go into your ICS. You can widen the deadband of the throttle such that you won't trigger the brake when letting off the throttle too quickly.

wildthing
2011.01.10, 03:31 PM
I do experience spin out too but I remedied it by changing the suspension and/or tires not on the tx.

kromie101
2011.01.10, 05:25 PM
i have the helio ex-10. the car handles awesome but i just think when i'm returning to neutral i might just go past a little and it goes into the brake. i shake bad when i drive anyhow:o:). my nerves are bad:D. it only does here and there. thanks for the help:).

chad508
2011.01.10, 07:05 PM
we can try to adjust the ics settings. the only thing i worry about is it will affect your forward dead band as well. does the radio have a reverse curve?

EMU
2011.01.10, 08:34 PM
I usually set my dead band to mid, and then adjust my throttle trim a little to get the brake/neutral drag to the point that I like. I always adjust my brake % to the track that I am racing, and doing so you may have to adjust the throttle trim slightly. I do have the button on the handle set to full reverse, just in case I need to back up quick...

cosmicsoul
2011.01.11, 09:02 AM
Maybe your rear tires have come unglued?

kromie101
2011.01.11, 06:28 PM
i will try adjusting it next friday. i really think that is it,i hope.

jay,i put cement around the tires,they're not gonna move:p:D.

thanks for the help.

Starsky5000
2011.06.09, 11:29 AM
I have a Ko Propo EX-1 UR Transmitter with Mini Z Module and would like to know how to bind it with my Mini Z MR-03 onboard receiver???

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

unearthed name
2011.06.09, 12:33 PM
press the button on the module first, then switch on your remote. keep pressing till the light is out, then depress.

press the button on your mr-03 (the small one) then switch on your mr-03, keep pressing till light is on, then keep pressing for a few second. depress.

switch car and remote

swtich them back on.

done.

Starsky5000
2011.06.09, 02:03 PM
press the button on the module first, then switch on your remote. keep pressing till the light is out, then depress.

press the button on your mr-03 (the small one) then switch on your mr-03, keep pressing till light is on, then keep pressing for a few second. depress.

switch car and remote

swtich them back on.

done.

Thank You Very Much.

civilian
2011.11.01, 12:17 PM
there's so many choice of TX for gun type driver.
and almost everywhere, specially in my country (.id) I never saw even 'till now 2011 someone using stick tx like me.
well, there's 1 on my LHS but he use it ocassionally. he even oredy sell it :(
what I wanna ask to Ko Staff is:
since Esprit III released, when would Ko Propo release stick type new model?
is there's any KT-18s (s for stick) available?
maybe even 3ch stick type like EX 5 ASF?
or maybe I miss the fact that asf on KT-20 (4ch flyer) also can pair with mini-z ASF?
please reply a.s.a.p.
thanks in advance.

oh, I forgot 1 more thing, is there anyone know the futaba/sanwa adapter for gun type Tx will also work for the stick type? well, let's just say Futaba 10c that oredy self centering left stick modified (so it can forward-neutral-brake) like esprit III.

once more, thanks in advance.

KO PROPO Staff
2011.11.01, 12:39 PM
civilian-
The Esprit III has been discontinued and I have not seen a newer version of this Tx. The reason this was discontinued was due to some of the parts suppliers have discontinued the parts.

We only made a high-end stick type of Tx and I don't think KO wants to make a lower end version as this is a very small market.

civilian
2011.11.01, 03:14 PM
errr...
so i havta use the esprit III like my previous esprit II...
waiting from 2 become 3 is such a pain in the asset :mad:

and... how about the KT20?
same ASF?
coz it says ASF too.
if yes, i wanna buy 1.
coz better i use the KT20. my esprit is kindda too "exclusive" among other tx. :D

J-Milz
2011.11.08, 03:13 PM
My question: I race 1/10 as well as mini z's and was wondeing why there aren't any receivers compatible with the mini z module? It kinda sux that I have to carry a SPEKTRUM module and mini z module in my radio bag.

Is there a way to modify a receiver to run the mini z module the way a few people run spektrum in their mini's?

civilian
2011.11.15, 03:28 PM
My question: I race 1/10 as well as mini z's and was wondeing why there aren't any receivers compatible with the mini z module? It kinda sux that I have to carry a SPEKTRUM module and mini z module in my radio bag.

Is there a way to modify a receiver to run the mini z module the way a few people run spektrum in their mini's?

i make a new module box that can fit 2 PCB module with switch.
so if attach on tx it has 1 switch, 2 antenna and 2 different colour LED.

901sm or 901ss, just switch module, and on the tx.

herman
2011.11.15, 10:13 PM
pretty interesting... any pics / schematics?

J-Milz
2011.11.15, 10:36 PM
Id like to see that too.

NoBrainer
2013.12.06, 06:24 AM
Hi

Springs for the steering wheel? Do they exist?

I have tested 3 different EX-10 Eurus and 1 EX-10 Helios and when I adjust the steering wheel to minimum hardness, they are all different.
My own EX-10 Eurus I got the softest of them all, but I would like the steering to be even softer than what I got now.
Is there some spring I can buy that makes the steering even softer and easier to move?

Garug
2013.12.06, 02:19 PM
You could make a new spring of a ball point pen spring or similar, or just pull a bit the existing spring.

The picture shows an other related modification. Sorry the text in Finnish, but the idea being adding a shim between the bearing and wheel, makes the steering more precise.