PDA

View Full Version : programming out the delay...

herman
2008.06.01, 09:14 PM
don't know if this has been posted...

with the asf module coming out, i was wondering if anything can be done to program out the .2 sec delay to go into reverse?

thanks in advance....

lfisminiz
2008.06.01, 09:22 PM
Good question!;)

Hammer
2008.06.01, 09:33 PM
There is a thread regarding this here http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27704. ;)

banquer
2008.07.02, 10:32 AM
I read the post and I dont finded any answer.
KO Propo Staff, any answer?

briankstan
2008.07.02, 10:50 AM
There is a thread regarding this here http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27704. ;)

Hammer, that thread deals with programming the KT-18.

I also would like to know if you can program out the delay or lessen it.

In my opinion it makes the cars very hard to race. You can loose alot of time tying to get into reverse if you need it. it's not as bad as with the KT-18 but it's still rather annoying.

What is required and if instructions can be posted on how to do it that would be awesome. :cool:

I have 2 cars I'd like to do this on.

Hammer
2008.07.02, 12:08 PM
Hammer, that thread deals with programming the KT-18.Sorry :o, thanks for clearing that up. :)

yasuji
2008.07.02, 12:38 PM
i bought a module and a new ex1 ur.....it does not fix the proablem
but what it does do, is allow you to amke adjustments to the boadr to make the reverse delay less of a proablem
i.e. if you try to adjust the board for the kt-18 it makes it less responsive

briankstan
2008.07.02, 01:16 PM
i bought a module and a new ex1 ur.....it does not fix the proablem
but what it does do, is allow you to amke adjustments to the boadr to make the reverse delay less of a proablem
i.e. if you try to adjust the board for the kt-18 it makes it less responsive

how exactly are you adjusting the board?

yasuji
2008.07.02, 02:09 PM
how exactly are you adjusting the board?

with the mini z asf manager
you will need to mess with the neutral pos.

KO PROPO Staff
2008.07.03, 12:38 PM
I have contacted KO Japan and there is no way to program out the delay. The delay is required for the 2.4GHz board to go into reverse.

I guess just don't crash. :eek:

banquer
2008.07.06, 10:16 AM
This is a very bad news.
In competition, is a disadventage vs standar 27mhz rc unit, that it's very fast with reverse.
I hope, Kyosho and Ko Propo think about this and upgrade ICS software to minimize this effect or post what items in the ics programing software can minimize this behavior.

Best regards from Spain.

yasuji
2008.07.06, 10:36 AM
i have no proablem with my reverse....;)

herman
2008.07.06, 09:34 PM
how long does it take you to go into reverse compared to say the old 27mhz am board?

banquer
2008.07.07, 04:39 PM
In the old modules reverse acts inmediatly, and in 2.4 new rc units (RA-18), the protocol of actuation and the programed delay, about 2 o 3 seconds more.

stuZ
2008.08.12, 01:43 AM
with the mini z asf manager

where did you get this unit?

yasuji
2008.08.12, 08:44 AM
where did you get this unit?

at rc kenon....or you can buy direct from ko
the program is here on the forum posted by crazyracer

rc168
2009.09.02, 09:33 PM
Help..any body can explain how to solve this??

cowboysir
2009.09.02, 11:06 PM
What they are refering to is the ICS usb adapter from KO Propo. With a minor adjusrtment of the Neutral Pos. on the ASF manager program (downloadable from this site somewhere) you can minimize the delay from brake to reverse on an ASF board.

I did it on an MR02 I sold recently and the owner is very happy with it...it's almost as quick into reverse as an AM or AD car.

Search for ICS USB xon the tinyrc retail site and that's the item you need to help program the delay out of your car....i don't have any experience with setting the KT18 or other KO transmitters so i don't have the info you need for that.

Felix2010
2009.09.04, 05:38 AM
I saw this post again and it got me thinking...:eek:

I know using the I.C.S. 2.4ghz-ASF program that by adjusting the "Neutral Pos." the getting-into-reverse delay problems can be lessened and/or eliminated (almost:)). I've seen some people say to change the Neutral Position to "Wide" in order the increase the area for the trigger to be in neutral-throttle, which sounds logical because the trigger must return to neutral for reverse to activate. Easier to find/stay in neutral for the 2 seconds, easier to get into reverse.

I did a search on here and came across an old post by CT where he said adjusting the Neutral Pos. to "Narrow" made getting the car into reverse easier & more crisp. I have my cars' I.C.S. Neutral Position set to "Wide" since this was the first advice I came across and never thought about it afterwards since getting into reverse seemed easier for me and I thought that was as good as I was gonna get it. Anybody (including CT :)) have any thoughts or experience with "Narrow" Neutral I.C.S. setting? Which is best: Neutral Position set to "Narrow" or set to "Wide" ?

My PC is down so I have to go to my sister's house in order to change my I.C.S. settings. So if "WIDE" is the best setting then info can save me a trip over there:D

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help

machgo5go
2010.03.09, 12:26 PM
In the old modules reverse acts inmediatly, and in 2.4 new rc units (RA-18), the protocol of actuation and the programed delay, about 2 o 3 seconds more.
I only see RA-6 Manager on KO PROPO's support site, is it same program?
http://www.kopropo.com/america/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=59

bobbyz
2010.11.12, 08:14 PM
Just wanted to chime in for those looking to use ICS program to improve the reverse response. I re-set one of my ASF MR-02s last night, changing the Neutral Position to the 'wide' setting. Reverse is much easier to get into now. It feels very very close to driving an AM car that has brakes. Highly Reccommended!