PDA

View Full Version : Atomic RCP tires

Flashsp-2
2008.06.04, 08:01 PM
As seen here, they now have a rear RCP radial in 8 degree compound

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=145&Itemid=30

mk2kompressor
2008.06.04, 08:03 PM
its about time:rolleyes::)

pinoyboy
2008.06.04, 09:44 PM
I saw those and it really looks like they worked out some deal with PN. Same degree and tread patterns

VAzRACER
2008.06.04, 09:46 PM
Is it just me or do thoes look alot like the PN tread pattern.

Programmers
2008.06.05, 01:33 AM
They look exactly the same to me. Hopefully, they'll be as effective or better too!!

ub0211042
2008.06.19, 03:36 PM
they are suck! haha too harsh i think...but it really let me down, i tried with a pair of brand new PN10 degree front and it flips even with slow speed.

tried with worn off 10, 20 and 25 degree PN RCP and also the same thing

finally i put worn off 10 degree GPM then only it feels understeer.

nothing beats PN RCP tires IMO

CristianTabush
2008.06.19, 04:29 PM
That's 'cause you haven't tried ours ;)

bmxtrev
2008.06.19, 08:23 PM
lol, Im gonna get some of those Reflex racing tires next order :cool:

do they really work like they are described though? i mean the 3-4x longer wear, and the awesome grip?

ub0211042
2008.06.19, 10:30 PM
wohoaaa can't afford to buy reflex tires...too expensive inclusive of tires...90% more expensive, how long will it last?

i can push a pack of 10 degree front and rear PN RCP tires for 1 week before the tires giving up but the more the tire wears out, less flipping

CristianTabush
2008.06.19, 10:42 PM
How about Reflex tires last 4x longer than PN's if glued and taped on the wheel. I used the same set of tires for practice, qualifying and the mains at RCX, then followed by allowing Pedro to run my car with the same set of tires at the Diablo Run for Qualifying and the main, plus one extra weekend at my local club. All in all probably close to 20-22 runs (8-10 minutes at a time) and still have a bit of tread left. Price is always relative since a set will outlast any other close to equally performing tire by a long shot...

Even if it only lasted 2x as much, then the price becomes the same and the performance is superior.

ub0211042
2008.06.19, 10:58 PM
im kinda interested to try em out but the shipping is USD15 to Malaysia, so i think i'll stick to PN for now...

mleemor60
2008.06.20, 07:23 AM
lol, Im gonna get some of those Reflex racing tires next order :cool:

do they really work like they are described though? i mean the 3-4x longer wear, and the awesome grip?

Absolutely, positively the best, THE BEST tire out there. Superior traction and wear characteristics. My best is 5 weeks on one set for all practice, qualifiers and mains plus a full test day. You won't be sorry that you went bucks down for the BEST.

byebye
2008.06.20, 07:27 AM
I am still on my first set. We run for about 4-6 hours per club meet and I've ran them on my 94mm HFAY car since February.

These tires are very impressive from the get go. One thing I've noticed is now that tires are getting worn in they are not heating up as quickly. So after a dozen laps they are good to go.

The only other tire I run are Kyosho 20 wide rears. The Kyosho rears are a slick tire and will provide grip until the rubber falls off. That's why I run them. I used to run GPM's and treaded tires but once I used a set of Kyosho 20's I was hooked on the grip, consistency, and durability.

The PN's IMO are horrible once the tread is worn down. Both the Kyosho and the Reflex tires last long and provide better grip. Also the cost of the Reflex tires is cheap considering the qualitiy. I'd say Reflex tires would be considered Ultra competition tires for their overall cost, grip, consistency, and durability.

Kris

Jonny
2008.06.20, 07:45 AM
Is it me, or has this thread wandered way off topic?

So to get back on track - info on the new Atomic RCP tyre is that they are impressive in initial tests, *possibly* the same as a PN 6 but I haven't tried those to compare. Wear rate is low but more testing is required and we have a long track day at the weekend. So more impressions can be given on this product next week if noone can do so before that on this thread.

Jonny

byebye
2008.06.20, 07:48 AM
Ya know as I was replying I thought, "did I see what the topic was?". I just started typing and didn't look back LOL!!!

I am curious to see your results Jonny.

Kris

Jonny
2008.06.20, 07:52 AM
Naughty, naughty :D It wasn't just you, plenty of others above too...

They look a good alternative so far but lengthy testing won't be until Sunday, I'll be sure one of us drops back here on Monday.

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2008.06.21, 06:09 PM
i will say for now the atomic rcp tyres have more grip than anything ive tried on mr02 and ma010 even the sinister has had to have a re-setup at the front for more steering:eek:
so far initial tests have been on 1 wide L,somewhere around 4-5hrs of runtime has hardly touched the tread on the tyre;)

mikez
2008.06.21, 11:58 PM
wow, I feel bad 4 Philip:(

Eman2u
2008.06.22, 12:58 AM
Try atomic narrow 40's in the front. They don't push that bad. I use them on AWD chassis 2x3 fet, Chilli motor and PN capacitor. If you running stock fet's with Stock R or less you can run atomic narrow 30's, but you have to dial out some steering.

Stage2
2008.06.22, 07:43 PM
I had the opportunity to run these tires over the last few days. They seem to behave exactly like PN treaded 8's. Good traction on rcp when they're new out of the package. Although the grip falls away some after a couple laps and after the tread pattern's gone they have a lot less grip. I'll stick to running PN 6's or Kyosho 20's. Might be a good tire for a smaller, slower track layout.

mk2kompressor
2008.06.23, 03:59 AM
i ran these all day yesterday,all i can say is amazing:eek:
hardly any wear on them at all and no drop off in grip for me(they still have tread)
highly recomended :D

Jonny
2008.06.23, 08:04 AM
As Mk2 mentioned above, ran these yesterday on a 4 Wide L with S Curve Oval Expansion with a 2x2 3010 MR-02 running the HFAY PN motor and no noticeable tread wear. Impressed.

Jonny

ub0211042
2008.06.24, 03:27 AM
i ran these all day yesterday,all i can say is amazing:eek:
hardly any wear on them at all and no drop off in grip for me(they still have tread)
highly recomended :D

what front tire u used with it?

mk2kompressor
2008.06.24, 04:44 AM
new 20*A.W Groove(awd),they are still good for another session too:D

ub0211042
2008.06.24, 05:51 AM
i did condemned the Atomic RCP tires on the earlier post but it's my mistake, the tires were wrongly packed...i've open another one and test it with Atomic 30 degree front and works great but the grip wears out quite fast.

It works great in the technical part of the track but on the supper sweeper, the back of the car just gives up and the car will spin.

mk2kompressor
2008.06.24, 06:33 AM
are they stuck on the rims or just put on?
mine have had hours of use with about 1/4 of the tread worn,if i compare to the aw10's id say i wouldve used 1.5 sets by now.
my car has pn orange rear and pn white front springs,.6mm limiters all round,1.1mm of preload spacers all round,1.5* kyosho knuckles all round,+3 rear and 2.5* front rims

z3zinho
2008.06.24, 12:50 PM
Haven't tried them yet. How do they compare with the Reflex tires or Kyosho tires?

For me the great thing about this two tires is that they are really consistent and reliable from batch to batch, as for GPM and PN they have let me down several times so I prefer to steer away from them.

Atomic tires have always been reliable and consistent from batch to batch so let's hope this are as good as their previous tires in that department.

Aurora
2008.06.24, 10:12 PM
I had the opportunity to run these tires over the last few days. They seem to behave exactly like PN treaded 8's. Good traction on rcp when they're new out of the package. Although the grip falls away some after a couple laps and after the tread pattern's gone they have a lot less grip. I'll stick to running PN 6's or Kyosho 20's. Might be a good tire for a smaller, slower track layout.

I didn't have a chance to run the PN RCP tires yet, but am used to running Kyosho new radial tires (20s) on the RCP and the original Atomic tires on the carpet, with my AWD.

After trying this new Atomic RCP tires, I felt that it works great right out of the box, and the performance is comparable to a set of run-in Kyosho tires.

And usually, I'd will see some wear after each run(8-10 min) with Kyosho tires, but these Atomic RCP tires are slow to wear. However, I'd feel somehow the grip is not as good as new soon after a few laps with a modified AWD on RCP, which is a kinda opposite to the KY tires since Kyosho tires feel more consistent after warming up. Maybe this is due to some minor tires wear that I am not aware.

dhamby123
2008.06.27, 08:57 AM
pn 8degree rears and kyosho 30 degree fronts work great for my mr02

Tsal
2008.06.27, 12:24 PM
wow, I feel bad 4 Philip:( Why feel bad for Philip he is the one every one copies.

Tsal
2008.06.27, 12:30 PM
I use other brand tires as well. They all work, it's just what label you prefer.