PDA

View Full Version : Module Tuning??

locwan
2008.06.10, 01:12 AM
I opened up the ex-10's AM module case to have a look. there seems to be several dials (pots?) on the board that looks like it could be adjusted.

Anyone tinkered with those before with better reception results? Are the modules tunable at all to increase transmission power?

btw, I have one of those older modules that has a sticker with black background, with silver letters. I noticed that all the newer modules sold right now has japanese on it, with white background and black letters on the stickers. I wonder if the modules are any different in specifications...

VAzRACER
2008.06.10, 05:49 PM
If they do adjust the power of the reception and you turn it up too much you can interfere with other peoples radios who are on channels close to yours.

I dont have the AM module so I couldnt tell you what they do, however a friend disovered on the original miniz radios, KT-2 I think, there is a knob hidden on the radio that adjusts the power of the reception. Since KO makes both its possible that it is adjustable on the module, but I dont know for sure. Good luck with your search.

benmlee
2008.06.12, 12:23 AM
I opened up the ex-10's AM module case to have a look. there seems to be several dials (pots?) on the board that looks like it could be adjusted.

Anyone tinkered with those before with better reception results? Are the modules tunable at all to increase transmission power?

There are about 3 of those adjusters. Tried turning those before. Didn't do any good. Might have made it worst. The KO tech said they don't adjust them either. Someone with the proper equipment might be able to fine tune it.