PDA

View Full Version : PN Regional at ILR July 20th

Z_408
2008.06.10, 07:24 PM
Where: Inside Line Racing (http://www.insidelineracing.com/locations.html), San Jose, CA
When: August 2, 2008 at 12pm
How: Early sign-up required. Entry form. (http://www.insidelineracing.com/flyer/pnregionalentryform.pdf)

The classes are:

2WD Stock
AWD Mod
F1 Stock
Pan Car Mod

A-Main in all classes qualify for the Worlds in Las Vegas for November of this year.

http://www.minizworldcup.com/images/PNWC2008-Layout-3d.jpg

thanks,
Z_408

yasuji
2008.06.14, 05:37 AM
bummer that the date has changed by the one day....that weekend is moto gps @laguna.....ama will race on sat motogp on sunday.....i could have made it on sunday ...:(
.....bummer

Z_408
2008.06.14, 05:15 PM
bummer that the date has changed by the one day....that weekend is moto gps @laguna.....ama will race on sat motogp on sunday.....i could have made it on sunday ...:(
.....bummer

Sorry that you can't make it. We would love to have you race with us again.

Z_408
2008.06.19, 08:17 PM
It appears that many Mini-Zer's are into MotoGP. In order to accommodate as many racers as possible, the PN Regional date has been changed to August 2nd.

Entry Form (http://www.insidelineracing.com/flyer/pnregionalentryform.pdf)

color01
2008.06.20, 03:31 AM
Tentatively count me in for Pan Car class. :) What frequency do we write down if we're using the ASF system?

Lots of practice time from now till 8/02, hopefully my driving skills will be up to par by then. :rolleyes:

Tjay
2008.06.20, 01:29 PM
I'm racing AWD stock. Who's running with me?

Z_408
2008.06.20, 02:57 PM
I'm racing AWD stock. Who's running with me?

You will be racing this by yourself then. We are not running a AWD stock class.

Z_408
2008.06.20, 03:00 PM
I would encourage anyone that is interested in racing Mini-z to come out to this event. We welcome all skill levels and all of our faster guys are easy to approach and very helpful. If you have a Mini-Z bring it down. Bring the car down anytime and I will set it up. I am not the best tuner, but I do know a few things.

hrdrvr
2008.06.20, 03:57 PM

I hate that this class is getting discarded at so many events :(

Tjay
2008.06.20, 06:59 PM

awesome! Guaranteed A-main... Vegas here I come!

Z_408
2008.06.24, 04:16 PM
Designer Mini-Z and R/C racing T-shirts available at http://www.insidelineracing.com/shop.html

thanks,
Z_408

Tjay
2008.06.24, 05:10 PM
I like these two...

1) Eat_Sleep_Race

2) mini-z exercise

Although all of them are great!

herman
2008.06.24, 10:27 PM
pretty cool shirts

Cherub1m
2008.06.25, 11:10 AM
I hate that this class is getting discarded at so many events :(

I agree hrdrvr I put the PN 70t motor on my AWD and the top speed differential between the 02 and 015 is barely noticeable. However, the acceleration is better with the AWD. Its the long sweeping evil left turns that get the AWD:D. The stock AWD is only 5 grams heavier then the stock 02:cool:

Scale Gear is letting the Mini-Z public choose which T-shirts they're going to raffle. Take a look at their site and vote here for your top 3 favorite shirts.

Like Tjay stated "although all of them are great", but my favorite 3 are:

1) Trendy/Vintage Mini-Z
2) iRace
3) Go Green. Race An R/C Car.

Tjay
2008.07.02, 12:46 AM
per crazyracer's post regarding awd stock class,

If one class entries over 8 persons, we can open the class in regional, we can't combine, because we will post the result of www.PNWC-live.com to see the World Ranking.

So if you guys want to have awd stock class post it here folks!

Z_408
2008.07.02, 08:17 PM
Update:

Due to scheduling conflicts with other regionals being held, we had to push the Bay Area's PN regional to August 9th. I hope everyone can attend this date. The owner of PN, Philip will also be attending this race. Race day schedule will be up soon. Race layout will not be up until race day.

thanks,

Binh

Z_408
2008.07.09, 03:51 PM
Looks like we have enough interest to run an AWD stock class for the PN regional. If you got one bring it out.

CristianTabush
2008.07.09, 04:22 PM
We are booking flights for this race. Binh, can you assure it will be the final date? Jacob and I almost bought flights last night and changing the flight is expensive now a days...

Z_408
2008.07.09, 04:27 PM
We are booking flights for this race. Binh, can you assure it will be the final date? Jacob and I almost bought flights last night and changing the flight is expensive now a days...

This date is set in stone.

CristianTabush
2008.07.09, 04:30 PM
Cool Binh, see ya there. For entry fees, what is the best way to do it? Do you want me to Paypal the amount to you and email our info???

Oh, and btw, which is the most convenient hotel to stay in the area? Same one as last time?

Z_408
2008.07.09, 04:33 PM
Cool Binh, see ya there. For entry fees, what is the best way to do it? Do you want me to Paypal the amount to you and email our info???

Oh, and btw, which is the most convenient hotel to stay in the area? Same one as last time?

Paypal would be fine, use Binh@InsideLineRacing.com. See you in a few weeks.

Z_408
2008.07.22, 04:56 PM
Last week for early sign ups. Please do not wait till the end.

Z_408
2008.07.24, 03:30 PM
Last day for early sign-ups is tomorrow. Please get the entry forms in.........

thanks,
Z_408

Z_408
2008.07.29, 03:20 PM
Due to lack of sign-ups in the Pan car class, this class has now been closed. The following classes are what we will be running:

2WD Stock

AWD Stock

F1 Stock

AWD Mod

2WD Mod

thanks.

Z_408
2008.08.08, 03:57 PM
Just a reminder that the PN regional is tomorrow and it is not too late to sign up. If you can not make it out, we will have the webcam set-up so that you can watch it live.

See you at the track.

Tjay
2008.08.08, 06:51 PM
This track is gonna be packed tonight... stay tuned.

Phillip I can see you :).

http://www.justin.tv/insidelineracing

Z_408
2008.08.09, 02:13 AM
We had many last minute entries today, which brought the entry count to nearly 50. Thats right 50 entries for Mini-Z. The biggest class is 2WD stock with 20 entries. Webcam will be on if anyone wants to watch from home.

Doors will open at 10 am, come and get a pit table.

Tjay
2008.08.09, 05:21 AM
Damn bigger than RCX?!

...2am and I'm still workin' on my 'ish!

mk2kompressor
2008.08.09, 05:24 AM
Tjay,did jacob try my suggestion?
i hope my call wasnt wasted lol

DJ Kyosho
2008.08.09, 06:23 AM
I will definitely watch the race online tomorrow. Good luck to all racers and have fun!

Tjay
2008.08.10, 11:02 AM
Matt: Not sure but on yesterday's race, his car was running with no shut down.

edit: If I can remember correctly he had to pull over in stock 2wd a main due to some problems with his car. Not sure if it's shut down though.

It was a GREAT event! I can not believe how many people showed up on this day. We had 1/10 scale onroad and offroad sponsored drivers, Fast 10th scale onroad drivers from San Francisco and other part of the Bay, Atomic sponsored driver (Leo Zheng), CT and Jacob from Reflex Racing, PN sponsored driver (EJ Evans), Phillip Ng of PN racing, Folks from So Cal, Folks from ALL SPEED HOBBIES, INSIDE LINE RACING's drivers and ofcourse Atomicmods and TGR's driver ;).

Congrats to the winners and Thanks to everyone that participated on this event. See you all in Vegas :D!

crazyracer
2008.08.10, 01:06 PM
We already back to home at 3:30am, we have safe driving.

Thank you Insideline Racing to host the great event! everything smooth, and great work for Giro-Z USB lap counter, no one miss count due to lap counter.

2WD Mod winner
Leo very good driver from Atomic, but he use my 64 Pitch Spur gear, make his car more smooth, he said this is great products for him.

2WD Stock winner
EJ Evans, this is top level 1/10 driver, I can't believe he speed up my son's (Anson) car, he just use 4 hours to try out my son's car, just make some changes, he already made 57 laps, it is magic.

Other classes information, I will try to ask Binh to get it post on here.

All drivers very nice and high level.

See your guys Las Vegas!!!

Tjay
2008.08.10, 01:56 PM
Glad to hear you're back home safely Phillip. I too got the 64 pitch for FREE (thanks!). I saw almost everyone converted to 64 pitch just before the A-main... I will try this again. Also, Thank you for offering me those batteries. Although I wasn't able to use them, I will definitely try it next time.

I spoke with some of our locals and we'll try to come down at Kenon for round 2 of your regionals.

Take care and again thank you.

TJ

bcpzx3
2008.08.10, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear you're back home safely Phillip. I too got the 64 pitch for FREE (thanks!). I saw almost everyone converted to 64 pitch just before the A-main... I will try this again. Also, Thank you for offering me those batteries. Although I wasn't able to use them, I will definitely try it next time.

I spoke with some of our locals and we'll try to come down at Kenon for round 2 of your regionals.

Take care and again thank you.

TJ

our local hero

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/teamnamiek/IMG_7711.jpg

Tjay
2008.08.11, 04:27 AM
^ wtf? lol... thanks Tony.

phea
2008.08.11, 04:32 AM
wow hahahahahhahah go TJ

yasuji
2008.08.11, 10:03 AM
so what were the results......

CristianTabush
2008.08.11, 11:50 AM
Well, obviously the track was not as fast as Kenon, but our times were really close as an aggregate (not lap time wise).

In 2wd Stock:
1.EJ Evans (2nd qual) 56 laps 10:?? Fast lap 10.4
2.TJ Macabuhay (3rd qual) 54 laps 10:? Fast lap 10.7
3.Cristian Tabush (TQ) 54 laps 10:? Fast Lap 10.3

In AWD Stock
1.Jonathan Fernandez 54 or 53 laps
2.?
3.?

In 2wd Mod
1.Leo Zheng (2nd qual) 57 laps 10:05 Fast Lap 10.3
2.Cristian Tabush (4th qual) 57 laps 10:06 Fast Lap 10.3
3.Jacob Feinstein (3rd qual) 57 laps 10:06.50 Fast Lap 10.0

Not clear on the exact times, these times are as close as I can remember. I drove a nearly flawless mod race to sneak in to 2nd place with a car that was nowhere near as fast as Jacob's or Leo's. Jacob could really catch other cars at will. He was using the WTF and our new side damper rear suspension in 98mm. His car was the fastest on the track BY FAR. Leo was running a 98mm car as well and I was running a 94mm car...

mk2kompressor
2008.08.11, 01:04 PM
thanks for posting up the times ct.
did jacob get my message about the rubber plug?

CristianTabush
2008.08.11, 01:23 PM
Yah, we tried it, but no success. He ended up running an AM car. With AD band, he would have been unbeatable for sure...

mk2kompressor
2008.08.11, 01:38 PM
was the rubber touching the pins?
the only time i had shutdown was when the ics plug was fitted,as soon as the rubber was inserted it stopped and never happened again:)
i told one of the mod 2wd guys in france,it cured his too,ill try and get a pic

JacobFeinstein
2008.08.11, 01:39 PM
Yeah I was puzzled as to why the car kept shutting down since I have never had that problem before. I appreciated the suggestion though mk2 but once that did not work we had no time to keep trying new things out.

mk2kompressor
2008.08.11, 01:56 PM
no problem:)
ive posted it in the ad shutdown thread

crazyracer
2008.08.12, 12:33 PM
The result already post on http://www.PNWC-Live.com

Tjay
2008.08.12, 12:59 PM
Phillip, I think you forgot to put my name on stock class :). Btw, thanks for posting it so quick!

crazyracer
2008.08.12, 02:20 PM
Phillip, I think you forgot to put my name on stock class :). Btw, thanks for posting it so quick!

TJ, sorry about that, this is my mistake to mix up your driver ID and David Yu driver ID, in the 2WD 5th result is your lap time, just show David Yu name, we will try to correct it as soon as possible.

CristianTabush
2008.08.12, 02:47 PM
I stand corrected, 1st-3rd were merely 1.1 seconds apart!!! What a race!

Tjay
2008.08.12, 03:05 PM
TJ, sorry about that, this is my mistake to mix up your driver ID and David Yu driver ID, in the 2WD 5th result is your lap time, just show David Yu name, we will try to correct it as soon as possible.

No problem Phillip. Thanks!

Cristian: I can see you guys from the corner of my eyes and I wanted to pull over and watch instead... must be a nice battle. I wish I was there with you guys but Oh well... I hope we can do it again in November.

Btw, thank you... and it was nice to see you and Jacob. See you all in Vegas!

TJ

CristianTabush
2008.08.12, 03:37 PM
For sure TJ!!! The race was awesome and the level of racers was incredible... I have to definitely get some more practice now a days, I just can't show up and expect to win anymore like it used to be. Too many up and coming racers out there...

I am going to Kenon to the Regional in October, you should try to come... The times there will be ridiculous!!!

Tjay
2008.08.12, 05:09 PM
The race was great Cristian! My hand still shakes everytime I think of it :D!

I haven't been on a track that has tons of traction but it should be interesting.

crazyracer
2008.08.12, 05:18 PM
THe next Kenon regional may be 4 Oct, but not yet 100% confirm, I hope to know anyone can come to race, and make a good date!

pchan0
2008.08.12, 05:48 PM
Any video of the 2WD Mod battle?

Z_408
2008.08.12, 07:35 PM
I want to start out by saying thank you to everyone that made it out to support Mini-Z racing in the Bay Area. It was nice to see racers from all walks of life come out and race these toys cars. Just to name a few, Brian (HTU SJ), EJ Evans, JHernadez, Jaime, Fernando, Layman, and many other non-Mini-Zers. Thank you for the support. Last year we only had 12 people for our regional. This year we had 35 people show up. We hope to continually grow and develop racers that will eventually race other scales.

Race Summary:

2WD Stock

This was the largest class with 19 entries. After the two rounds of quals EJ was holding down the TQ with 43 8:05. It took the last qual of Cristian Tabush to take back the TQ with 43 8:04. Fastest lap in qualifing was 10.36 by Cristian. In the mains EJ's driving and car was just too much for the field. It was close early on but EJ ended up putting two laps on the field. Fastest lap in the main was set by EJ with 10.44.

1st: EJ

2nd: TJ

3rd: Cristian Tabush (TQ)

4th: Philip Ng

5th: Jaime

6th: Stephen Bui

7th: Ben Lee

8th: Jacob F

AWD Stock:

This class had 12 entries. The three fast guys all day in this class was JHernandez, Stephen Bui and David Yu. They were all within 6 seconds in qualifing. Hernandez TQ'ed the class with 42 8:01. Berni put down the fastest lap in qualifing with 10.68. In the mains Hernandez lead thoughout the race but was followed closely by Stephen and David. In the last few minutes Stephen made it interesting and came within a few inches of Hernandez. In the end Stephen just had one too many crashes and Hernandez came out on top.

1st: Hernandez (TQ)

2nd: Stephen Bui

3rd: David Yu

4th: Berni de Nina

5th: Art B

6th: Romel Tuason

7th: Steven Huynh

8th: Shawn Wang

F1 Stock:

This class had 7 entries. It is always hard to get people to run F1, so I think 7 is a good showing. We also had a few F1ers that could not make it out. Layman and Brian (HTU SJ) came out and raced this class for the first time. I set up both of their cars, hope they were happy with them. In the first round of quals due to other have mechnical issues, I took TQ honors. In the second round everyone found their best batteries and and everyone got faster running in the 11s. Layman put down the fastest time of 11.66. Layman ended up with the TQ with 40 8:08 and looked like the man to beat going into the mains. In the mains there was a big crash going into turn one and I ended up with the hole shot. Randy managed to get around me later on in the race and that was the last time I saw him. Then Layman battled through the traffic and got around me. The traffic ended up being too much for layman and Randy ended up on top. Layman had the fastest time in the mains 11.59.

1st: Randy

2nd: Layman (TQ)

3rd: Binh

4th: David Yu

5th: Fernando

6th: David C

7th: Brian

2WD MOD:

This was the class to watch. We had three PN world champions running in this class. TJ was the TQ in this class with 45 8:01. Jacob F has the fastest time in qualifing with 10.20. We ran a ten minute A main. So for the first five minutes it was a four car train (Leo, Jacob, TJ, Cristian). That was the best Mini-Z racing I have ever seen. Leo lead for every lap except one. Near the end TJ's batteries started to dump and his pace fell off. In the end Leo's consistency was just too much for the rest of the field and he topped the podium. Fastest lap in the mains was set by Jacob with a 10.06. The top 3 cars finished within 1.1 seconds of each other.

1st: Leo

2nd: Cristian

3rd: Jacob

4th: TJ (TQ)

5th: Hernandez

6th: Brian Ma

7th: Mike T

8th: Fernando

Videos was be up soon.

JacobFeinstein
2008.08.12, 08:14 PM
Great event, thanks to everyone who put it together and managed to run it in two days. Its always cool to meet new people and learn new things about the cars, and despite some scrambling in the beginning we had a great time. Congrats to all the qualifiers!

Z_408
2008.08.12, 10:38 PM
Some pictures from the event...

Z_408
2008.08.12, 10:39 PM
More pics....

Z_408
2008.08.12, 10:39 PM
A few more..........

Z_408
2008.08.12, 10:40 PM
Last ones......

hrdrvr
2008.08.13, 12:51 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like y'all had a good time :D

crazyracer
2008.08.13, 01:08 PM
No problem Phillip. Thanks!

Cristian: I can see you guys from the corner of my eyes and I wanted to pull over and watch instead... must be a nice battle. I wish I was there with you guys but Oh well... I hope we can do it again in November.

Btw, thank you... and it was nice to see you and Jacob. See you all in Vegas!

TJ

The PNWC ranking already correct and post on the http://www.PNWC-Live.com, check it out your ranking in the world :D

crazyracer
2008.08.13, 01:09 PM
Binh, are you finish the video upload to web?

Z_408
2008.08.13, 08:36 PM
Philip: The videos will be up tonight.

CT: Thanks again for dinner. If you do that every time, you can come race here anytime.

Jacob: It was nice to meet you. You are one fast tall kid. Good luck with your senior year.

Benmlee: You are pretty fast running a domestic car.

Bob: Thanks for making the trip. Hope you had fun.

See everyone in Los Wages!!!!

EDGE
2008.08.14, 02:33 AM
Just want to thank everyone for a great time at my first mini-z race. Phillip made it possibe for me to race by lending me his son's car. It was good to start with, just a few minor tweaks to get it the way I like it. :)

Binh runs a clean program. I'll make an effort to get out to inside line for some club racing...soon as I get a car of my own. ;)

Would also love to visit the PN track someday. I hear the tracktion is super high! Road trip?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
E.J. Evans
ejevans_@hotmail.com

USH
2008.08.14, 06:13 AM
Videos from PN Regional Race

F1 A-Main
http://ammdesigns.podcastpeople.com/posts/25778

2WD Mod A-Main
http://ammdesigns.podcastpeople.com/posts/25777

2WD Stock A-Main
http://ammdesigns.podcastpeople.com/posts/25775

AWD Stock A-Main
http://ammdesigns.podcastpeople.com/posts/25774

AWD Stock B-Main
http://ammdesigns.podcastpeople.com/posts/25773

Z_408
2008.08.15, 04:11 PM
Just want to thank everyone for a great time at my first mini-z race. Phillip made it possibe for me to race by lending me his son's car. It was good to start with, just a few minor tweaks to get it the way I like it. :)

Binh runs a clean program. I'll make an effort to get out to inside line for some club racing...soon as I get a car of my own. ;)

Would also love to visit the PN track someday. I hear the tracktion is super high! Road trip?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
E.J. Evans
ejevans_@hotmail.com

Fancy seeing you here. Good to hear you had a good time racing with us. We try to run a good fun program. I love to see new people get into RC. Come back anytime.

crazyracer
2008.08.15, 11:35 PM
Full result

2WD Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/2WDStock/Final_A.html)

2WD Stock B Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/2WDStock/Final_B.html)

AWD Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/AWDStock/Final_A.html)

AWD Stock B Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/AWDStock/Final_B.html)

F1 Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/F1Stock/Final_A.html)

2WD Mod A Main (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/Insideline/2WDMod/Final_A.html)