PDA

View Full Version : Dnano AutoScales

marc
2008.06.11, 11:02 AM
Hello there. Tim, do you know if Kyosho will be making more and more bodies for the Dnano? Are they going to provide us with a large collection like they did for the Mini-Z? What's in store for the Dnano? Would love to see a Lamborghini Diablo and Countach.

Tim Johnson
2008.06.21, 03:14 PM
Hello there. Tim, do you know if Kyosho will be making more and more bodies for the Dnano? Are they going to provide us with a large collection like they did for the Mini-Z? What's in store for the Dnano? Would love to see a Lamborghini Diablo and Countach.

sorry guys I have not been on much.......really been busy....i am sitting here in a mall eating lunch..lol..posting with my phone...this is the most time i have had to myself in a bit....lol....

okay, your question .........
the dnano's life depends on you, the customer. If the same amount of people that like the Z's like the dnano then Kyosho will keep a flow of bodies......oh the woman is back G2G......

marc
2008.06.21, 04:36 PM
Actually Tim, doesn't the Dnano's life depend on Kyosho lowering the price on this baby so that more of us can actually afford it? It is a highly-priced "toy" and I fully understand what goes into it, but many of us Z'ers can't afford it. I hope the price on it comes down and that more and more people will get into the Dnano hobby and increase it's potential. I have two of theme and love theme both, I drive theme all day at home. One has every option part available from Kyosho. I'm hoping that aftermarket parties will get into the Dnano and make some nifty alloy parts for it.
The Mini-Z Lite was a neat idea, but as Arch pointed out it's price killed it from the begining! That's why we only saw what three bodies for the Lite and that's it? The Morris Mini Cooper, the Fiat 500, and the Dahui Copen, or whatever it's called?
I think we ALL think the Dnano is one cool car, very high-tech, easy to work on, and ton's of racing potential. It's ONLY downfall, and I mean it's ONLY downfall, is it's price. Please bring that price down to a modest Mini-Z racer's price? Say around 140 would be much more acceptable than 200-240. Even 160 would be okay.

575racer
2008.06.21, 04:52 PM
agreed, although id stretch to 180usd for one

marc
2008.06.21, 09:05 PM
Yea, 180 would work too.

Tim Johnson
2008.06.22, 01:43 AM
Sorry Marc, alothough I understand your angle, I stand by my statement.

Your comments are documented, and will be shared where needed within. :)

marc
2008.06.24, 06:36 PM
One more thing, and I assume it all depends on sales as usual, but will there be more upgrades available? I've already seen carbon-fiber H-plate's available for the Dnano, but I wonder if there will be colored chassis and screw kit's available for it? Would be cool to trick out the Dnano like that. Also be nice to have a smoked chassis with gold terminals as well. And alot of us would especially like to see an adjustable ball differential made for it.

shimey
2008.06.24, 08:47 PM
And the inevitable question: When is the AWD version coming??

:D I kid, I kid (but oh, wouldn't that be cool)

Thanks Tim for running interference for us!!

marc
2008.06.24, 10:15 PM
Not just an AWD, but how about a 1/43 Monster, "Forget Micro-T", an Overland, and an F1? 1/43 scale Initial D cars? Ah, the list can go on forever! Sorry, I just love the Dnano and want to see it expand like the regular Z's!
Eh, expand meaning more bodies, more part's, more hop-up's, more fun! :D

herman
2008.06.24, 10:31 PM
man... i see a dnano f1 as a real challenge... and racing them would really be fun...

575racer
2008.06.25, 01:06 PM
hey marc, you forgot the dnano formula boat! (j/k)
would be nice to see the dnano go bigger though, i guess like marc said it depends on sales though

marc
2008.06.25, 01:54 PM
Actually not really since there are other micro-sized boat's out there already. So a Dnano boat would be just another version of what already exist's. Yes I mentioned Micro-T, but imagine a Nano-T? Tnano?

benmlee
2008.06.25, 01:59 PM
One hop up the Dnano really needs is a disk damper. The back end hops like mad around a corner. Using a piece of thin clear plastic from the box cover to rub against the body helps some, but not as effective as a disk damper.

marc
2008.06.25, 04:12 PM
Yes agree, but one problem. If you look at the Dnano's chassis, where are you going to mount it on the chassis end? The motor mount has two holes ontop which suggests a place for mounting something, but what? On the chassis, the battery cover takes up so much space on top, there really is no logical place for such a part. Still, something needs to be done for it. As mentioned above, at least we've got the carbon-fiber Hplates to play with. So who knows, maybe Kyosho is still working on something for it. As Tim sais, it's advances will depend on it's sales. I tend to think the reverse of that.