PDA

View Full Version : Mini-96 Layouts for Marc

PridgeoK
2008.06.13, 11:25 PM
I have 9 feet wide by 19 feet long useable space here, with the car outside of coarse.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07774.jpg
And I just purchased my selfe a Mini96 by the way, thank's to my rescent sale. :D!

By the way, 9 feet is from the crack you see there, to about 3-4 feet from the wall which is already used up by tool's and other garage junk.
Oh, and sorry if this is in wrong thread, but I do NOT run F1's, only MR02's and Dnano's.

Hey Marc,

Two-part post here to split up the attachments. I should play around a bit more with photobucket, I guess. :rolleyes:

19' x 9' is a pretty cool area for a mini-96 track. You can easily do any of the standard 12 x 8 sized tracks, so I"ll start with the image they use. The square box is your garage dimensions you have to play with. More to follow.

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.06.13, 11:34 PM
Now for some alternates.

1 = Another 8 x 12 track showing dimensions ;).
2 = Long straight, using the rest of the mini-96 pieces.
3 = More long straights using a bit more of your space, all pieces as well.
4 = Funky what you can do with 19' and the mini-96!
5 = Down the road, get one of each of their expansion sets and you can do some really varied tracks! :D You can see some variety can easily be had with the add-ons, and you'd have tons of spare track. This shows every piece in the mini-96, the basic expansion set, the chicane, the 45* kit and the wide inside corner kit. :cool:

Use your imagination & make the best of it!

Kevin.

marc
2008.06.14, 09:48 AM
Marc's Mini-96 Layout 3.jpg
Marc's Mini-96 Layout 4.jpg

These two look ideal for the Dnano's. Thank you Pridg for putting this together, your making me feel comfortable about my purchase. I didn't know you could do so many layout's with just the basic 96 kit. I'm sure I'll get the extension kit's as budget allows, I just need to se how much I'll use this and if my dear old Dad doesn't mind having it in the garage, EVEN THOUGH it's in MY PARKING SPACE! LOL!
Here are two more pic's of my garage just to show you the kind of space I have including the garag junk.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07775.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07776.jpg

Now, imagine my car out of there, the floor all cleaned up, the junk alongside of the wall's picked up and organized "properly", the recycling bin's organized "properly", it can be a nice nearly permanent location. I say nearly cause we do get weather where you wouldn't want to leave the car outside. Another issue is our garage tend's to leak in at the garage doore, so would have to think up of some way to seal it to prevent the track from getting wet.

marc
2008.06.14, 10:40 AM
Now, for an important question. When I receive my track, anybody know how big the box is, and second, how much space do I need for storage? What size storage bin will I need for all the part's after I've taken apart the track? We've got these big recycling bin's that are about 4.5 feet wide, 6.5 feet long, and 6 feet deep. Will that be big enough to store the Mini96 in?

PridgeoK
2008.06.14, 12:08 PM
The box wasn't overly big, though certainly not small, but I can't remember the exact dimensions now. The pieces are unassembled when it comes to you so you need to throw the rails on... which makes the original box too small to store the track in afterwards. I think one of your big recycling bins shouldn't have a problem holding your mini-96 - they look huge. Do a search on the forums for track storage and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of different options.

Stacking the pieces in the corner somewhere will be the easiest for you to throw it back together, since it'll rarely leave your carport by the looks of it. That's what I've been doing - it sits on a little table in our storage room downstairs. Now that I have a fair amount of track, this table is being overwhelmed :o, but still works. I'll be trying to find a solution with less clutter sometime down the road myself... but I like the ability to just pick the stack up, and throw it down to build.

Some people even keep lengths of the track assembled (corner sections, 4 or 6 straights in a row. whatever works for you) so it's even easier to get going quick. I'd suggest stacking them each time you tear-down so that the pieces don't end up being warped by sitting on their side for a week or so... they'll probably flatten back out in time, but it's probably better just to be consistent with how you treat the stuff and not run into that kind of thing.

Enjoy your new track! Almost time to make yourself a personal laser lap-counter! :D

Kevin.

marc
2008.06.15, 01:05 PM
Oh, I'm not concerned with having a personal lap-counter, I can tell if I'm getting better by how I do at the club.
First, I have to do some garage cleaning. Then, I have to set up the track and see what my dad's reactions are towards it. He's not kean on the idea of me having one mostly cause of the space it takes. When I asked him about setting it up on our back deck, he didn't want it there. I don't understand his reasoning's when we've hardly ever used our back deck, especially after mom passed away. We just don't use it. So why not sett up a track on it? Then I thought about having to tear it down every time the weather starts looking ugly and realized that might not be a good idea after all. "Then started dreaming of having that back deck enclosed!" But that wont' work either. Costs to high and I simply dont' have the money. Plus it's DAD's house and he decides what goes on with it.
Our basement, workshop area is taken up by 98% of HIS stuff, so that won't work either. My only conclustion is taking my car out and putting it in that space. Only downfall with THAT, is our drive way goe's downhill to the garage and when it snow's or rain's alot, it tends to leak inside the garage just a bit right in that area. I guess to prevent that is to get a bunch of towel's and prop theme against the garage door when you know it'll rain enough to cause such a leak.
As for tables, there isn't much room on my side of the garage for that. We've already got workbench set up which is mostly storage space for your typical garage junk. No room for storing such a track. I thought of the recycling bin's cause we have theme already, and they can probably be re-aranged in such a way to make room for something, possibly a small pit table, IF I can get power hooked up in that location.
The idea of taking apart the track in section's sounds good, except those section's may take up more storage room then seperate peices. Also, when their bigger section's, they can be more difficult to move without accidental damage to the track.
I think later today or tomarrow I'll just do a detail cleaning up of my side of the garage, see what fit's where, and see if I can fit a pit-table some where handy. Still lot's of thing's to think about and consider before making a permanent to semi-permanent RCP home. Also, will have to find out if there is adequite room for an expansion pack. While there maybe physical room for one, will it get in the way?

marc
2008.06.15, 02:08 PM
Okay, I did some more thinking. When Dad is away, which he is basically half the year, it really doesn't matter where I put my track does it? :D
Anyway, I moved some furniture in our basement workshop and did some measurement's. Here are the measurement's with photo's.
I have about 18 feet in length, make it 16 feet for comfort, 9.5 feet, or 8 feet at the widest point, and 6 feet shortest point.
Here's what it look's like.
Short end.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07778.jpg
Wide end with Dad's workbench moved out of the way.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07779.jpg
Looking towards my end where my computer and workdesk are.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07780.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07781.jpg
What sort of track will fit here? Standard Mini96?

marc
2008.06.15, 02:22 PM
This look's like the best layout and fitment for the space I've got.
Marc's Mini-96 Layout 4.jpg (332.4 KB, 17 views)

Nic-Z
2008.06.15, 02:25 PM
wow I wish my workshop was that big, and look at all the sweet tools, man you could create anything you want down there lol. IMO marc it would depend on how often I race and how long of a period you can use those spaces w/o having to clean up. Meaning I would go for the area (idealy inside) where I can keep the track down so I don't have to tear down and set up every other day. If this is more of a weeken warrior style track then it doesn't matter, but the amount you are tearing up and down will have an effect on the track over time, but that time perioud would be 2 years probably and a lot of tearing up and down before any of that happens.

marc
2008.06.15, 02:55 PM
For the most part, it depends on how long and how often Dad is home. If he's home, then I'll have to argue about weather or not I keep it in the garage in place of my car. Obviously, when he's out of town, the house is mine and I can put it anywhere.
So the question of how often will it remain, will depend mostly on my Dad. Obviously, if it were my house and up to me, it would be down in the workshop permanently with the occasional taking it apart ONLY to change the layout.
All of those tool's belong to Dad and were from his Ultralite day's. Back in the 70's he designed and manufactured some of the ultralite airplanes, he was practically the first to put chain-saw motor's on hang glider's for powered flight. Then he designed his own ultralite known as the Hummingbird. I rarely use theme my selfe.
I'm sure once I get the track, I'll be racing it as often as I possibly can, more often when home alone.
In my second picture of the basement, you can see the mark's where HIS workbench's used to be. If they are to be kept here, there is no room for a track.

marc
2008.06.15, 03:13 PM
Or, move his bench's again, and I've got this space to work with.
15 feet long, 12 feet wide.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07782.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07783.jpg

PridgeoK
2008.06.15, 07:04 PM
Looks like you have some good space to play with when your father is away, Marc!

Nice day here for Father's Day so I decided to set up a track with the kids. Turned out to be a fun track, but there's a ton of cotton-wood fluff in the air and it sticks to the track bigtime :mad:. I have pretty much no choice but to set up and tear down each time, so... I'm certainly jealous that you'll have at least a semi-permanent area for some track. heh. Setting up is part of the fun with my kids though - they're hillarious trying to follow my little concept maps (3rd attached image).

I have three kids - the only one of mine in these photo's is my step-son in the green shirt playing his DS :rolleyes:. Obviously, doing this in our carport attracts a lot of the neigbours. I have no problems with them bashing around my two MR-02's, but I keep the F1's to an exclusive few drivers (me, myself, and I). At least... until they graduate from driving school. ;)

Kevin.

marc
2008.06.15, 09:19 PM
That's a cool track, I assume that is with expansion pack? Yea, I love having the house to my selfe when Dad is away. As much as I miss him when he's gone, I love having the place to my selfe. No rules to follow, crank up the music as loud as I want, and soon, I'll have my RCP track and racing Dnano's and MR02's with the music blearing loud! LOL!

Tjay
2008.06.15, 11:01 PM
is there anymore mini-96 track picture out there? I wanted to buy the 2x 2L wides for HFAY but it wont fit my garage so I think I'll just stay with mini-96 to mess around with my friends. More pics please :).

marc
2008.06.16, 10:37 AM
I'll post pic's of my RCP track when I have it up and running. I just checked my order with the "other" site and confirmed that they had just received payment on it. So, I suspect I'll receive it by Friday. Hopefully..........

marc
2008.06.17, 10:45 AM
I'm getting more and more anxious to receive my track. I sure hope it comes today!

marc
2008.06.17, 05:22 PM
Hi again. I paid for my RCP track on Friday and ordered from Atomic Mods. About how long should it take to get to me in Colorado? I know Atomic is based in Texas, so that's not entirely too far, but they tell me that the track is shipped directly from RCP theme selves and that some times there is no tracking available. When can I expect this track to arrive? Anybody have any idea? I was hoping to have it by tomarow, but now I'm wondering if I'll even see it till next week some time.

briankstan
2008.06.17, 05:51 PM
Hi again. I paid for my RCP track on Friday and ordered from Atomic Mods. About how long should it take to get to me in Colorado? I know Atomic is based in Texas, so that's not entirely too far, but they tell me that the track is shipped directly from RCP theme selves and that some times there is no tracking available. When can I expect this track to arrive? Anybody have any idea? I was hoping to have it by tomarow, but now I'm wondering if I'll even see it till next week some time.

well there is your problem. you ordered from the wrong people....:eek:

marc
2008.06.17, 06:05 PM
That's not fair, alot of the products they do have in stock, they have been pretty fast at getting to me. Like alot of the Mini-Z and Micro-T parts have showen up pretty quickly. I just don't understand what's taking the RCP so long. I know it's only Tuesday, but I should have at least received a tracking number from RCP or something to know that it's actually on it's way.

marc
2008.06.17, 08:31 PM
So can anybody offer an estimated time of delivery? This week, next week?

Draconious
2008.06.18, 02:25 AM
PridgeoK -- those last few track photos, I see 2 antennas/drivers in both.. but only that red Enzo... is the 2nd car running with a cloaking device? lol

marc
2008.06.18, 09:41 AM
That's the special Klingon "SP?" edition! :D

marc
2008.06.18, 09:42 AM
Oh, just got e-mail back from Atomic Mods this morning, they explained to me the shipping from RCP deal so, I guess I just have to wait. They said I can still possibly get it this week but sounds like Friday the earliest, next week the latest.

Cherub1m
2008.06.18, 10:41 AM
Now for some alternates.

1 = Another 8 x 12 track showing dimensions ;).
2 = Long straight, using the rest of the mini-96 pieces.
3 = More long straights using a bit more of your space, all pieces as well.
4 = Funky what you can do with 19' and the mini-96!
5 = Down the road, get one of each of their expansion sets and you can do some really varied tracks! :D You can see some variety can easily be had with the add-ons, and you'd have tons of spare track. This shows every piece in the mini-96, the basic expansion set, the chicane, the 45* kit and the wide inside corner kit. :cool:

Use your imagination & make the best of it!

Kevin.

Well Kevin (aka Pridgeok) your pics got me to get a mini 96.

Well, I got a great deal on a Mini 96 from someone wanting to get rid of it way below $200 still in the box. The track is great, no more carpet getting into my motors and bearings, just RCP dust :D. The track works great with my AWD, MR015 and MR02 (set at 94mm), it also worked great with my F1 its tight. Believe it or not I think the AWD and F1 was more consistent on this track. You could squeeze 4 AWD or MR 015 or 02 or combo of all and race but passing would be tight. With the F1 I would not run more then 2. I don't have the expansion pack but looking at the possibilities is definitely a plus. Also, if anyone gets this track consider either box stock motor or something no more powerful then a PN speedy 07. Also, running 6 tooth, 7 tooth is probably better. Next Ill try an oval set up for my nascar :D.

marc you wont be disappointed. Only thing I would say is make sure your car goes straight to avoid needless steering. Its hard to drive for the first 5 to 10 min then you adjust and voilą!!! you will be looking for the next apex.

marc
2008.06.18, 10:51 AM
Oh I know how much fun the RCP track is at the club. I've just alway's wanted something for home use. I just hope it get's here with plenty of play time before Dad get's home. I'll be running my two MR02's, RM and MM, and my two Dnano's. I've been told the track is tight for Dnano's, but I have the feeling it will be fun and challanging. While might not see full throttle on it, it's still nice to have the proper surface to race on and an actual track to follow.

Cherub1m
2008.06.18, 11:27 AM
I've been told the track is tight for Dnano's, but I have the feeling it will be fun and challanging. While might not see full throttle on it, it's still nice to have the proper surface to race on and an actual track to follow.

Did you mean tight for AWD, MR02, MR015 or F1? Because Dnano's would run great on the Mini 96. Also, if you keep you gear ration high you will see full throttle. I saw full throttle:D and it was nice :). I just have to make sure the cars drive in a straight line :). Basically less steering input and let the car do the work.

marc
2008.06.18, 09:11 PM
As I said before, I'll only be running my two MR02's, and my two Dnano's, nothing else. Does anybody have a picture of the RCP Mini96 box? Size of box?

RCPMini-z
2008.06.18, 09:34 PM
Oh, just got e-mail back from Atomic Mods this morning, they explained to me the shipping from RCP deal so, I guess I just have to wait. They said I can still possibly get it this week but sounds like Friday the earliest, next week the latest.

Post up the complete name and city or send me a pm and I can give you status on your order. All RCP Track orders are shipped out of La Mirada California and it can take up to 3 days from time PO is received from our distributors. The 3 days may be frustrating to some, but it was either go to a third party for all shipping or increase the price on the tracks as we are getting a great deal from the new fulfillment company.

Thanks,
John

Cherub1m
2008.06.19, 01:35 PM
As I said before, I'll only be running my two MR02's, and my two Dnano's, nothing else. Does anybody have a picture of the RCP Mini96 box? Size of box?

Hi marc

I just measured the box.

Height 19 1/2 inches
width 25 1/2 inches
Depth 25 1/2 inches

on the side of the box it said N.W. 15 kgs ( which is ~33 lb) and G.W. 16kgs (which is ~35 lb) not sure what that means but i was able to pick it up with ease and place it in my mini van.

Hope that helps

marc
2008.06.19, 01:57 PM
Thank's RCP and Cherub. I just received your email RCP and still waiting on the status of my order. I ordered an Atomic Mini-Z car stand from Atomic Mods on Tuesday and just received it a few minutes ago. So it's not that Atomic Mods them selves are slow, which their NOT! It's just getting from a third party that tends to take up the time. I guess from the minute I order from Atomic Mods, to when Atomic Mods sends the order to RCP, then from when RCP get's the shipping and handling done to the actual traveling time of the package. Wheew, that was a mouthfull, eh, finger full in this case? Typing?

greekone
2008.06.19, 05:48 PM
Looks like you have some good space to play with when your father is away, Marc!

Nice day here for Father's Day so I decided to set up a track with the kids. Turned out to be a fun track, but there's a ton of cotton-wood fluff in the air and it sticks to the track bigtime :mad:. I have pretty much no choice but to set up and tear down each time, so... I'm certainly jealous that you'll have at least a semi-permanent area for some track. heh. Setting up is part of the fun with my kids though - they're hillarious trying to follow my little concept maps (3rd attached image).

I have three kids - the only one of mine in these photo's is my step-son in the green shirt playing his DS :rolleyes:. Obviously, doing this in our carport attracts a lot of the neigbours. I have no problems with them bashing around my two MR-02's, but I keep the F1's to an exclusive few drivers (me, myself, and I). At least... until they graduate from driving school. ;)

Kevin.

Did you use the Mini-96 and expansion kit for your track setup?

marc
2008.06.19, 08:26 PM
Height 19 1/2 inches
width 25 1/2 inches
Depth 25 1/2 inches

That's not too big, about the size of your average slot car set.

marc
2008.06.19, 08:45 PM
Okay, from RCP's web site, the Mini96's dimension's are 7'9" x 11'8". Correct? So, I took a measuring tape and some red electric-tape, and marked the track's outline. Pictured here,
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07812.jpg
Can you all see the red tape? Some how to me, this seem's like a very tight track even for the MR02. What do you guy's think of the Mini96, those who have it?

Cherub1m
2008.06.20, 11:42 AM
Dont worry marc. It is a small track but if you gear your car with 6 tooth pinion and use a box stock or after market stock motor you will be fine. If I recal you have 2.4ghz systems, I recently got a 2.4 ghz and I found they run even better then the stock AM miniz's on a the tight track, because of the increased smoothness, and increased precision of the 2.4 ghz system (I am also using a kopropo transmitter). Ill post some pics of my set up. Currently its set around 6 feet by 17 feet.

marc
2008.06.20, 12:00 PM
Thank's Cherub1m. I just found out, disapointingly, that my track hasn't even been shipped yet and they wont' do over night express. So, no racing for me this weekend. I'm a tad pissed, but I'll live.
While they do ship alot of their product's very fast, example, my Atomic Mini-Z car stand was purchased on Tuesday, I received it Thuresday, I dont' think I'll be ordering any RCP track bit's from Atomic Mods again. Next time, it'll be with Mini-ZRacer.
As for the pinion's, I usually keep it stock. It's not something I bother messing with.

marc
2008.06.20, 10:28 PM
Man I am so disapointed my track didn't come in today. I could be racing on it right now and having a ball! Oh well........:(

Draconious
2008.06.21, 05:50 AM
Similar things to the following are said, even after being told to order here as apose to other sites, more often then most would realize:

"I dont' think I'll be ordering any <insert product here> from <insert other stor name here>. Next time, it'll be with Mini-ZRacer."

marc
2008.06.21, 09:19 AM
Yep.................

marc
2008.06.21, 10:24 AM
Just got e-mail from RCPMiniZ that my track had finally been shipped yesterday and I should get it early this coming week. Which of coarse is when Dad will be home and I won't have the space to set it up.

PridgeoK
2008.06.23, 01:27 AM
PridgeoK -- those last few track photos, I see 2 antennas/drivers in both.. but only that red Enzo... is the 2nd car running with a cloaking device? lol

That is hillarious! I didn't notice that when I posted it. I'm pretty sure the second car is over by the far wall, just out of the frame on the one picture, and right up close to the kids on the other close to the rail. Either that or it was about when I put the same crystal in both tx's just to mess with their heads. ;)

I have both a red Testarossa and the red Enzo and the little red-head boy sitting there says, "Can I play with the red one?" Giggles erupt from the other kids... "I mean, I want to play with the cool one!" :D Guess which one he was talking about?

Kevin.

PS - Here's this weekend's entertainment with the kids - I tried making two separate tracks with a small join between the two. I wanted to try hacking with my F1 on one side and let the kids bash around on the other. Didn't really work out all that well, but we had fun. :rolleyes: Fortunately the cottonwood fluff has settled - almost none on the track today.

My Testarossa bumps around a bit when it turns at speed though... have to figure that out. The Enzo sails nice & smooth.

PridgeoK
2008.06.23, 01:46 AM
Did you use the Mini-96 and expansion kit for your track setup?

Yup. Mini-96, Expansion set (blanks + extra straights), chicane, long 45 and one inside corner kit. Finally got one of each and yearning for more. ;) Having the expansion sets really adds a ton of options with the mini-96. The base set is great to start with, but I really enjoy having the variety from the add-ons.

At some point I'd like to get the track to do the HFAY thing, so I'm probably going to dish out for the wide-L for Christmas and mesh the two track types up. I'll need to find more space to lay it out though, and somehow I doubt my neighbors will let me abuse their carport as well as my own.

Cheers,

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.06.23, 01:54 AM
Well Kevin (aka Pridgeok) your pics got me to get a mini 96.

Well, I got a great deal on a Mini 96 from someone wanting to get rid of it way below $200 still in the box. <snip>

Good show! Lucked out on that deal, for sure! I agree with you about the F1's - two at a time max. The other cars can take a bit more abuse, so... less chance of wing damage, I'd imagine. That said, I lost an mirror and a tail exhaust this afternoon on the MR-02's!

Good choice Cherub1m!

Kevin Pridgeon

marc
2008.06.23, 04:40 PM
Got a quick question for you regarding the track. Does the surface it's going on have to be perfectly smooth? Cause where my track is going onto, the rug has some bump's in it that can't be smoothed out. I dont' want the car's to be bouncing and jumping off the bump's here so I'm wondering if the RCP track will smooth that out? The bump's aren't that big, but are big enough for the car's when I run theme on the rug itselfe. They are definetly big bump's for the Dnano's as the Dnano's get stuck on theme.

Tjay
2008.06.24, 01:09 AM
smooth them out.

marc
2008.06.24, 09:21 AM
I don't think I can since they've been there for sooooooooooooo long.

RCPMini-z
2008.06.24, 09:46 AM
Got a quick question for you regarding the track. Does the surface it's going on have to be perfectly smooth? Cause where my track is going onto, the rug has some bump's in it that can't be smoothed out. I dont' want the car's to be bouncing and jumping off the bump's here so I'm wondering if the RCP track will smooth that out? The bump's aren't that big, but are big enough for the car's when I run theme on the rug itselfe. They are definetly big bump's for the Dnano's as the Dnano's get stuck on theme.

The RCP Track is close to 5/8" in thickness, so it will smooth out small bumps in the carpet. Just make sure you put the joints on the smoothest area's and have the solid part of the tiles where the bumps are. Hope that helps.

marc
2008.06.24, 01:31 PM
Thank you John, and thank's for the update on my track. I'll look forward to it on Thuresday. Where the track will be located, the bump's are practically in the middle where the streight peices are and I'm sure the tile's will rest on those bump's smoothing theme out. Glad to know the bump's won't be magnified by the RCP track. That would suck.

slientbob
2008.06.24, 04:39 PM
hey marc i ordered a mini96 , expansion and Chicane Kit. :) can't wait till it get's here (also i ordered it from the shop :))

marc
2008.06.24, 05:38 PM
Cool, let us know when you get it. Gee, I bet if I ordered it from the shop here I would've had it last week! :( Grrrrrrrrrrrr...............
Anyway, I wrote a complaint to Atomic Mods about the delayed shipment of my order. We'll see what happens if anything. DON'T ORDER TRACKS FROM ATOMIC MODS!
DON'T ORDER TRACKS FROM ATOMIC MODS! DON'T ORDER TRACKS FROM ATOMIC MODS!
Okay, I'm good now, I'll shut up. :D

slientbob
2008.06.25, 01:49 AM
i only order from AM if they are the only one with that item in stock(they usually have higher prices than the shop here) usealy small stuff gets here fast since i'm only 1 state up

marc
2008.06.25, 12:12 PM
Well, got my reply back from Atomic Mods and they quoted that they said delivery time usually takes 10-15 day's or so and THEY finally sent me a tracking number for the package. I should get it tomarow around noonish. That's when we usually see the UPS truck pass by. So, I guess I can't be too mad at theme, but more mad at myselfe for not ordering it through the shop here which sounds like they get a much faster delivery time. Oh well, live and learn..............

slientbob
2008.06.25, 03:24 PM
yeah i havent go anything saying mines been sent but i did order it after 4 i know it will get here when i'm out of town so i'm not worried. now i gotta order a 2.4 board.

marc
2008.06.25, 04:39 PM
I hope I get it in the morning rather than late in the day. More time to race on it!

dhamby123
2008.06.25, 09:44 PM
good god man have some patience i think you will live. 4 pages of weres my track weres my track why dont you clean your cars or work on them some each day to pass the time instead of complaining . what a waste of forum pages ..

marc
2008.06.25, 10:28 PM
Sorry for my ranting, I tend to over do things when excited or ticked. I'm good now............

marc
2008.06.26, 09:42 PM
Hurray! We can all be happy now that I won't be itch'n "where's my track, where's my track, wheres my track." LOL! I finally got it today and I'm loveing it! I actually find the Dnano's a lot more fun on the Mini96 than the MR02's. The MR02's actually feel too big on it in my opinion. With these tight turns, you certianly wouldn't want an Xmod on there. Thank you everybody for your suggestion's, and for your layout designs. The 96 fit's perfectly in my space and I'm enjoying the heck out of it now! I Just hope my cat doesnt decide to use it for sharpening her claws. She does shes dead! Anyway, pic's of my new track.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07829.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07830.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07831.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D

Tjay
2008.06.27, 12:18 PM
Finally! I've beeeeeeen looking at this thread twice a day because you (marc) post here almost twice a day :lol: :D and finally an actual pic of the track! Awesome!!! Thanks for posting the pics.

marc
2008.06.27, 02:36 PM
Wow, well..........glad somebody is happy! Thank you..................and your welcome. The track is great fun!

PridgeoK
2008.06.27, 02:43 PM
Sweet! Looks like it fits well, too! :cool:

Love the dNano's - they do look like a better fit on that track than the MR-02's now that you have the pictures up there. Good to see you're making some immediate use of it!

Have you decided how you're storing the track when it's not stuck in the middle of the floor?

Kevin.

marc
2008.06.27, 02:59 PM
Still working on that part. Wondering or not if one of my recycling bins is big enough. The box it came in arrived broken and I was concerned that some parts were missing when assembling it cause some parts weren't fitting right, but it was just me, not the track. After figuring it out finally, I realized that everything was there. But, the original box is no longer any good so I can't re-use that.
I'm slowly considering the expansion pack and the chicane peices! I've got the room when I have the house to my selfe. Then again, storage becomes even more of an issue when you have more peices to deal with. Who knows what will happen.
As difficult as it was to put together, I may take it apart in sections and just store the section's rather than peice by peice. After getting all the tiles put together, I had a heck of a time with the rails cause I had two ends that didnt' match up, and I thought that there was a double-ended peice but all peices have two different ends, the male and female ends. So had to re-due the entire railing system. Once that was done, then it was just a matter of locking down the rails with the screw caps. So, I think I'm going to try and store it in sections so that next time I set it up, it'll go quicker and easier.

marc
2008.06.28, 11:34 AM
I gave my track some personality with tooth pick flags.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07833.jpg
A bit of cross wind.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07834.jpg

marc
2008.07.01, 12:04 PM
I streched out my track a bit, much faster now.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC07854.jpg

hrdrvr
2008.07.01, 02:43 PM
^ Your MR02s will be happy about that :D

marc
2008.07.01, 04:26 PM
Yep, they are! Much easier as there are lesser tight turns, and I can go faster! One problem I'm realizing with owning your own RCP track, is you soon find out just how fast you wear out your tires. I never noticed my tire wear when I was only racing every two weeks or so and only for that one race day. But when you have your own track, and your at it 15 hours a day or so, you start to wear down those shoes and realize eventually that's where your money is going to go. Tires, and batteries! But at least I'll be able to learn which tires work's best with my particular set up.

marc
2008.07.04, 09:21 PM
Well, fun's over. Dad's coming back home so track is all put away. Besides, I don't want to over do it and get bord with it. That, and I'm wearing down my tires quickly! All the flat track peices fitted in my recycling bin, but the railing's did not. The streight peices fitted in a smaller bin I've got, but the curves wouldn't, so their just sitting against the wall behind the track bin. I found a long bag to stuff all the plastic bit's in, so, it's all organized and put away. The track is great fun once it's all set up.
Thank you very much for all your help guy's. Thank you for the track layout designs and suggestion's. I'm glad I invested in this track and I hope it serves me well into the future. With that new Formula D Trueno AWD coming out, I'm sure to get one of those, ESPECIALLY if it's 2.4! Then, I'll try the less-grippy side for some drifting!

Tjay
2008.07.04, 11:58 PM
You should have your friend to come over so you wont get bored with it... Also, run stock PN 70t motor. That's the best motor and class for 2wd racing :).

marc
2008.07.05, 12:10 AM
Thank's. My Countach 2.4 already has a PN motor in it, not sure which one it is though. My next motor will be the Atomic Stock R Motor that comes with the Reflex Racing MR02 package. My friend came over once last weekend, but he does not have as much time for racing as I do.
Anyway, like I said earlier, my tires are wearing out quickly after hours and hours and day's and day's of running lap's. So it's a good time to tear down that track and put the car's away for a while. Perhap's I'll have the opportunity to set it up again after I've upgraded my 2.4 Murcielago! I guess next time I'll try a different layout to prevent bordome as well. If you use the same layout every single time, that get's old quickly.
I'll keep this thread up to date next time I set it up and try something different. I'm thinking of useing the slip side on the turn's to give the car's a bit more spin, maybe that will lengthen the life of the tires since they won't have to work so hard? Maybe? Just a thought.

marc
2008.07.12, 06:08 PM
Well, dear ol'dad is out of town again. He's gone for a month so track is all set up again for racing! Time to wear down some tires and drain some batteries! Whoopie! Got a job interview Monday too!

marc
2008.09.26, 03:36 PM
Hello there. I'm re-arranging my track right now. In your second post, picture 4, can I do that with just the basic Mini96 peices?

marc
2008.09.26, 04:27 PM
Okay,well I tried to copy the layout #4 and didn't work some reason. But this is what I wound up getting.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC08063.jpg
Look's like it'll be a pretty fast track with just enough turns to keep it interesting.
A nice long straight away here. Car's should get to full speed here you think?
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC08064.jpg
I'll run a few laps later and might even video tape it for yea.

kryten
2008.09.26, 04:41 PM
Looks like it'll be a fast track,but i prefer a more equal amount of rights/lefts.

marc
2008.09.26, 05:01 PM
The basic 96 layout that you see in photos is too slow and too tight for the MR02's. I want my cars to be faster.
You'd need a much larger space, an expansion pack or two, a couple of chicanes to really have an awesome track and to really let loose. I think this is the biggest set up I can do right now without being a boring oval.

marc
2008.09.26, 08:27 PM
This track is fun. But a little challanging on the S bend. Gotta find the right speed and right apex of each turn. Wonder how the Dnano's would do if they were working perfectly.

marc
2008.09.26, 10:28 PM
Okay as promised, here's a video. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgjD0Zu40Nc