PDA

View Full Version : my overland steering isnt working

575racer
2008.06.21, 06:17 PM
as said in the title, my overland's steering doesnt work:confused: the servo motor works, i took it out of the servo casing and turned the car on, it span continuously and wouldnt stop, even when i tried to turn the tx wheel it carried on:confused: nothing on the steering fets, they look fine. other than that, could it be the pot? it might have gotten abit wet from driving the truck round, so im not sure if i fried the pot? theres been loadddss of soldering done to the truck, just when i turn the truck on, the steering locks to one side:confused:
please help, thanks!

575racer
2008.06.23, 02:11 PM
ive re-touched the pot wires on the board and it still wont work. the motor works, but wont respond to the transmitter, so when i turn it on, it spins for ages. anyone got any ideas... im pretty certain i could have blown the pot when driving through water, but the servo motor would respond still?

575racer
2008.06.27, 01:59 PM
anyone... please, i want to know whats wrong with it so i can fix it:(

briankstan
2008.06.27, 02:19 PM
I'd love to say I can help with this. I have an F1 board that does this very same thing. turn it on and it locks to one side.

I have re-wired the whole thing, changed the pot, and the wires, I've also changed the fets and have yet to get it to work. :mad:

I think it has something to do with the board ??

575racer
2008.06.27, 02:32 PM
ah. really didnt want it to be a board problem... unless i soldered something wrong...

Programmers
2008.06.27, 02:39 PM
First off - you may get more responses to this in the Mini Z Science section of the site. This isn't really a beginner question (quite evident by the lack of replies).

Second. It could be several things. What fixed it for me was swapping the polarity on the servo motor wires. However, it could also be poor or mixed wiring.

Try and get hold of a picture of an overland servo before and check your wiring.

575racer
2008.06.27, 02:42 PM
ah thanks tom
anyone got any pics of the wiring for the servo and pot on the overland?
ohh and if a mod gets a chance, could you move it to the mini-z science section? thanks:)