PDA

View Full Version : Grip and tires...

pfm racing27
2008.06.24, 02:25 PM
What are the best tires for the F1 Mini z's for racing on the RCP Track? I've never driven on a RCP yet:(...getting in a track soon and just wondering what tires would give the best preformance?

Thanks.

briankstan
2008.06.24, 02:37 PM
Currently the best tires are the PN 6 degree in the back and I like the PN 15's or the Kyosho 30's in the front.

Programmers
2008.06.24, 04:28 PM
We've yet to try a PN set but Kyosho 20 W and Kyosho 30 N works well for us.

VAzRACER
2008.06.24, 08:52 PM

Same tire setup for me too, tried the PN's but just can't stay away from the Kyosho's.

pinoyboy
2008.06.24, 09:18 PM
PN radial 6s for me.

EMU
2008.06.24, 10:23 PM
I run Kyosho 20d rear, PN 20d front. The PN 15d fronts or Kyosho 30d fronts have a little too much grip, although the PN 20d have a little less than I would like. I would rather have the car push a little than have to fight to keep it from oversteering all the time.

I have yet to try the PN 6d radials in the rear. Tried a set of PN 6d slicks, which I felt were the same as the Kyosho 20d slicks (used radials that are now slick).

TALLGEESE
2008.06.24, 10:56 PM

Same tire setup for me too, tried the PN's but just can't stay away from the Kyosho's.

I run Kyosho 20d rear, PN 20d front. The PN 15d fronts or Kyosho 30d fronts have a little too much grip, although the PN 20d have a little less than I would like. I would rather have the car push a little than have to fight to keep it from oversteering all the time.

I also run the Kyosho's all-around, 30 degree's up front and 20's in the rear.. I'm tempted to try out EMU's setup because even with 0 degree camber knuckles on the front of my F1 the Kyosho 30's give the front end too much grip for my liking.. I'm going to try the PN 20's in the front with a set of 1 degree knuckles to try and get some more grip up front with the PN 20's..

FrankW1029
2008.06.26, 06:37 AM
before i sold my F1...

kyosho 20d rear kyosho 30d front. yellow front springs, red rear springs, and CF spring plates. 1deg toe-in. drives perfect with steering turned down.

kryten
2008.06.30, 03:53 PM
I've been having major spinning out problems with my F1 i was using Kyosho 20 rears and Kyosho 30 fronts.Black ATM front springs and silver rears.
I recently ordered a clear chassis from Reflex Racing and they sent me a free set of F1 rear tyres.SSG F1 Prototypes to be precise,and these tyres are AMAZING!!:D

I now have no problems whatsoever and can turn into corners anywhere from no throttle to flat out and it doesn't spin!:D even on my home track,which has slightly less grip than RCP.
I have no idea about longevity with them as this is my first run with the car with them on. I also have some PN 6's on the way so i'll have something else to compare them to.

Programmers
2008.07.01, 05:04 AM
I've been having major spinning out problems with my F1 i was using Kyosho 20 rears and Kyosho 30 fronts.Black ATM front springs and silver rears.
I recently ordered a clear chassis from Reflex Racing and they sent me a free set of F1 rear tyres.SSG F1 Prototypes to be precise,and these tyres are AMAZING!!:D

I now have no problems whatsoever and can turn into corners anywhere from no throttle to flat out and it doesn't spin!:D even on my home track,which has slightly less grip than RCP.
I have no idea about longevity with them as this is my first run with the car with them on. I also have some PN 6's on the way so i'll have something else to compare them to.
That sounds promising!