PDA

View Full Version : PN East Coast Regional 2008!!! Sept. 13th & 14th...

Pages : [1] 2

imxlr8ed
2008.06.25, 11:58 PM
I am once again very happy to invite all of our serious East Coast MiniZ Racers to our second PN Regional event! We are going to hold the event at one of our favorite local indoor/outdoor tracks, the Mushroom Bowl Speedway in Kennett Square PA!

It is going to be a 2 day event, 2 Qualifier Heats for each class on Saturday, 1 set of re-sorted Heats and Mains on Sunday.

Doors will open at 8:00am on Saturday morning, and Qualifying will begin at 12:00 noon. You must get there before 11am to sign in (but please register via online... makes it easier on everyone)... , we will not be adding drivers once heats are set up! (avoiding sort issues for Sunday is the main motivation for this. We want to keep this event rolling smoothly.) Doors will open up again at 8:00am on Sunday for the balance of the racing.

I did not include any hotel information, but from what I hear, the rates are cheaper in Delaware. (about 10 minutes away, The Mushroom Bowl is located in the very South Eastern corner of PA.) Here is the Mapquest link to the Mushroom Bowl's location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Kennett+Square&state=PA&address=960+West+Cypress+Street&zipcode=19348#a/maps/l::960+W+Cypress+St:Kennett+Square:PA:19348-3901:US:39.841222:-75.736829:address:Chester+County/m:hyb:12:39.841222:-75.736829:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

If you go to the aerial view, you'll see the red roofed building with the tri-oval track to the upper left of it... we'll be in that building. And if you have a MiniZ boat... bring that too! There's a nice pond below the tri-oval there. (haven't seen a PN Boat race yet... might be cool!)

Please send your entry forms to the address provided on the form itself. (entry information and flyer will be added as soon as all the details are finalized) Your entry form must be received by September 5th!

Please review the class regulations carefully, we will be running the PN Worlds format, so there will be plenty of categories for you to try out.

All current rules are here on PN's website:

http://www.pnracing.us/new/

Click on "World Cup".

We will be using the exact same layout shown there so times will be compatible with all of the PN events this year!

Here's some footage from our neighbors down in Mexico:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6bPB1F_oN4&feature=related

And our friends over in Spain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9fv9h0rqY

So, you'll be racing all these guys and as well! So I hope you're all ready to represent for all of us East Coast MiniZers! Hope to see you there!

Here's a rough list of who is attending so far (who has posted or pmed me about). Please post if you are coming and what classes you intend to run, and I'll update accordingly:

2WD Stock

Sai Tam
Bennett Lo
Tommy Lane
bermbuster
miniberm
ZYHAC
sjm324
arch2B
TALLGEESE
EMU
Eric V
michvin
Cody Ferone
lfisminiz
Old Crow
crazyracer
chad nelson
imxlr8ed
DaddyRabbit
hrddrvr
VAzRACER
wcrotty
racerquinny

AWD Stock

michvin
Gasman
Old Crow
wcrotty
DaddyRabbit
hrdrvr
lfisminiz

F1 Stock

ZYHAC
arch2B
TALLGEESE
michvin
chad nelson
imxlr8ed
hrdrvr
VAzRACER
anarchydude

2WD Mod

Sai Tam
Willy Wong
Bennett Lo
ZYHAC
EMU
Eric V
wcrotty
racerquinny
anarchydude
imxlr8ed

Pan Car Mod

Willy Wong
EMU
The Ringer
crazyracer
grant
chad nelson
lfisminiz
racerquinny
gasman

Phil has also set up a link to pay your entry fees via online. Make your Paypal payment to entryfee@pnracing.com Don't forget to list the driver's name (or names) in the payment remarks.

If you enter via online payment, you must also fill out the word format entry sheet below and email it to: entry@pnracing.com

ENTRY FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY PN RACING BEFORE 9/05/2008!:

yasuji
2008.06.27, 03:48 AM
i would like to attend this event .... hopefully every thing will fall into place:D

hrdrvr
2008.06.27, 10:02 AM
Wow! Im very happy weve got something conreted on our side of the country :D Im putting in my request for some time off right now. Look forward to meeting you all up there!

Grant, wow, with two regionals at your doorstep, you still gonna make that long trek across the country? I look forward to seeing you behind the wheel of a pan car :D

yasuji
2008.06.27, 12:29 PM
we r racing the regional this sunday @kenon.....id like to be able hit as many regionals as possible:D

Tjay
2008.06.27, 01:25 PM
word... I might just have to drive to LA tonight ;).

I need to speak with the wife about this east coast PN regionals.

Grant: bring me a pan body I can run :lol: :D Phillip ran out of stock!

minittrackmann
2008.06.27, 05:33 PM
I will be there:) How much are the classes?

Cody

TALLGEESE
2008.06.27, 07:19 PM
What type of lap counting software do they use for the PN regionals??

crazyracer
2008.06.27, 10:31 PM
We use Giro-Z

imxlr8ed
2008.06.28, 09:21 AM
Entry form will be posted Monday, all class and price information will be included on it.

bermbuster
2008.06.28, 11:02 AM
ssswwweeeeeettt.....
we are ready.....
I just checked and a brand new Hampton is opening in August a few miles north of Kennett Square.
It is located at 40 State Farm Drive
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. Thats where we will stay...

minittrackmann
2008.06.29, 02:26 PM
Will the Giro z transponders be provided there, or will we have to buy one ourselves?

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.06.29, 05:03 PM
PN will provide the transponders. I'll double check with him, but I'm pretty sure this is the way he does it for these events.

Good call on the new construction George! I have to check that out... do you have a link or something?

hrdrvr
2008.06.30, 01:03 PM
Thats the same place we will be staying.

Here is a link to their site.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=1TORDZNFSZQRQCSGBJBOLYQ?cty hocn=CFORDHX

imxlr8ed
2008.06.30, 05:57 PM
Entry form is on there now. (see attachment on first post)

Must be recieved by PN Racing no later than 9/05/2008!

hrdrvr
2008.07.01, 10:14 AM
Please review the class regulations carefully, we will be running the entire PN Worlds format, so there will be plenty of categories for you to try out.

I dont know where the typo or misunderstanding is, but Ive got a question. It says here that you plan on running the full PNWC format, but in the registration form there is no where to sign up for stock AWD. My dad and I would both like to run this class. Will it be available? I know our track is the minority on this subject, but pretty much all of us run stock AWD, so this is the class we most look forward to running.

minittrackmann
2008.07.01, 12:00 PM
The entry form will not allow me to open it on my computer...:(

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.07.01, 01:24 PM
I dont know where the typo or misunderstanding is, but Ive got a question. It says here that you plan on running the full PNWC format, but in the registration form there is no where to sign up for stock AWD. My dad and I would both like to run this class. Will it be available? I know our track is the minority on this subject, but pretty much all of us run stock AWD, so this is the class we most look forward to running.

I noticed that too but Phil is the one who sent me the sign-up sheet... It may just have become the norm for these events due to so few people actually running AWD Stock. It's tough to get a class going at an event if there is only 3 or 4 people running in it.

Personally, I would just combine Stock 2WD & AWD as most clubs do already. But I think because it is such a big competition, he may just do it this way to avoid any issues.

Was anyone else looking to run AWD Stock?

imxlr8ed
2008.07.01, 01:27 PM
The entry form will not allow me to open it on my computer...:(

Cody

I just attached it in Word format on the first post, hope this helps.

hrdrvr
2008.07.01, 03:41 PM
I would combine the classes too, but we are not in charge ;) I thought maybe Phillip was going to cancel the class all together based on the lack of participation, but I saw that this class was run in the recent French regional. If there is going to be one run in Vegas, Id like a shot to qualify.

crazyracer
2008.07.01, 10:01 PM
If one class entries over 8 persons, we can open the class in regional, we can't combine, because we will post the result of www.PNWC-live.com to see the World Ranking.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.01, 11:16 PM
So... if 8 sign up for it we have another class.

I would say to post here if you want to run an AWD Stock class, and we'll modify the sign-up sheet once we get 8 racers for that class.

My guess is that the fees would be the same as the stock 2WD class, because I'm pretty sure it's based on the motor cost and that class would more than likely use the PN 70t Stock motor too.

hrdrvr
2008.07.02, 09:26 AM
^ It says in the PN rules that this class does use the 70t motor as well, so I think you are spot on about cost.

C'mon peeps please post that you want to race this class :D If there is only 8 of us, it should be an easy way to get qualified to go to worlds!

You can count me as two. My dad is going to be running also, but he is not active on the forums. That means only 6 more needed.

Ill wait to send in my registration until its resolved either way.

hrdrvr
2008.07.03, 04:38 PM
Double Post :eek:

I called to make reservations at the hilton posted above. They told me they couldnt take reservations yet, but it wasnt a problem.

There is a Hitlon Garden Inn just a couple of miles from the Mushroom Bowl:

HILTON GARDEN INN
815 EAST BALTIMORE PIKE
KENNETT SQUARE, PA, 19348

minittrackmann
2008.07.03, 04:46 PM
I am in for stock. What do you have to do to get qualified for worlds, also were are the Worlds this year?

Cody

hrdrvr
2008.07.03, 05:11 PM
Awesome! If you make the A-main you qualify for worlds. They are in Las Vegas this year.

minittrackmann
2008.07.03, 05:19 PM
o so basically as long as I qualify for the A main in any class i race I get to go to Las Vegas?

Cody

lfisminiz
2008.07.03, 08:49 PM
Im in for stock AWD.:)

arch2b
2008.07.03, 09:42 PM
i look forward to another good event put on by dow!

imxlr8ed
2008.07.04, 10:40 AM
Noted Larry... 3 now for AWD Stock!

As far as qualifying goes... I'm not sure exactly but I think A-main spots do get you there. In the 2006 PNWC though, I'm not sure if everyone there attended regionals (it seemed the majority did though) I would think that Phil has a fairly open policy when it comes to the Worlds race... It seems that if you made all the effort to get there, you must be serious about racing then so it would be wrong to cut you out. There are alot of Z'ers who live nowhere near these regionals and who's to tell them that they can't race just because they live in a far-away location?

I'd prefer if Phil could clarify here, but I'm pretty sure this is how it was. But maybe due to the amount of people racing Zs now, his policies may have changed.

minittrackmann
2008.07.14, 03:29 PM
At the track will there be a hobby shop to buy Paets including tires, or spares? Also what hotel is everyone staying at?

Cody

hrdrvr
2008.07.14, 04:36 PM
Ill be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which is in Kennet Square.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=JO4L3F30OWGZACSGBIY2VCQ?cty hocn=PHLKSGI

Mapquest shows it less than 3.5 miles from the mushroom bowl :D

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Kennett+Square&1s=PA&1a=815+E+Baltimore+Pike&1z=19348-1863&1y=US&1l=39.860717&1g=-75.68565&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Kennett+Square&2s=PA&2a=960+W+Cypress+St&2z=19348-3901&2y=US&2l=39.841222&2g=-75.736829&2v=ADDRESS

Ill be coming up with my wife and little girl. My mom and dad are coming up (dad is going to compete) too, so we'll have two cars. Id be happy to help people with rides back and forth when timing is right.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.14, 05:19 PM
At the track will there be a hobby shop to buy Paets including tires, or spares? Also what hotel is everyone staying at?

Cody

I'm sure PN will have lot's of parts for sale there, he usually does have some gear for sale at these events.

crazyracer
2008.07.14, 08:03 PM
I already booking my flight 9/12 10:02pm arrive, 9/15 4:25pm back to LA.

lfisminiz
2008.07.14, 10:35 PM
It will be good to see you Philip.:)

LARRY

Cherub1m
2008.07.15, 12:43 AM
To bad I can't make it. It would be nice to see an AWD Stock class one of these days. Also, maybe an F1 mod class :D. I know, I know... to many classes. Good luck to all thats going. Above all, have fun :D.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.15, 09:10 AM
Speaking of AWD... we still need peeps to sign up for this AWD Stcok class or else it's going to be cut. I'm going to make August 15th the cut-off date for sign-ups to AWD. if you want to run it... post here!

hrdrvr
2008.07.15, 09:23 AM
Do I need to get my dad to sign up to MZR so he can say it himself, or will you take my word that he is going to run? Hes not a member, but is most definitly going to run AWD stock if its available.

Also, do we need a roll call for the other classes? Do we know we are going to have enough for an F1 class? Pan class? Id like to run three classes, but Im open to which ones based on what participation level is going to be in each. I dont have a car that can handle and anima II at this point, but think Ill come up with something if there arent going to be 3 stock classes.

minittrackmann
2008.07.15, 09:30 AM
I still dont no if I wanna run Pan Car Class. I have the parts but just dont feel like building it. lol

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.07.15, 10:31 AM
Do I need to get my dad to sign up to MZR so he can say it himself, or will you take my word that he is going to run? Hes not a member, but is most definitly going to run AWD stock if its available.

Also, do we need a roll call for the other classes? Do we know we are going to have enough for an F1 class? Pan class? Id like to run three classes, but Im open to which ones based on what participation level is going to be in each. I dont have a car that can handle and anima II at this point, but think Ill come up with something if there arent going to be 3 stock classes.

I know for a fact we'll have enough for an F1 class... Almost everyone here at DOW has one, and I'm sure our bros from NYC will show with theirs.

Pan class... not sure really, I know there's alot of racers out there who usually look forward to this class due to the lack of tech applied to it. Once again... almost every DOW member has a Pan car, but I'm not sure if all are going to participate as of yet.

We'll have a better idea of who's running what when it gets closer to the time. I just added your pops to the count... we've got 4 now.

minittrackmann
2008.07.15, 10:59 AM
With that taken into consideration now, I think i am going to build it. Especially if Grant is going!

Cody

crazyracer
2008.07.15, 01:22 PM
Grant may be come, he still on planning!

yasuji
2008.07.15, 01:34 PM
what airport do i need to fly in to?:o

imxlr8ed
2008.07.15, 03:14 PM
Philly is your best bet...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Philadelphia&1s=PA&1a=8500+Essington+Ave&1z=19153&1pn=Philadelphia+Intl+Airport&2c=Kennett+Square&2s=PA&2a=960+West+Cypress+Street&2z=19348#a/maps/l:Philadelphia+Intl+Airport:8500+Essington+Ave:Phi ladelphia:PA:19153:US:39.8946:-75.229399:address:/l::960+W+Cypress+St:Kennett+Square:PA:19348-3901:US:39.841222:-75.736829:address:Chester+County/m::8:39.86819:-75.484168:0::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

About 45 minutes, so says the mapquest.

hrdrvr
2008.07.15, 03:54 PM
Thanks Ed. Ill work on the F1 then. Im also going to try and get a mod AWD or pan car set up, so if stock AWD doesnt fly, Ill be ready for the next class.

lfisminiz
2008.07.15, 04:11 PM
Ed, you know id be up for pan class also.:)

minittrackmann
2008.07.15, 04:19 PM
Is the track going to be minima grip, or high grip? If thats possible for someone to answer. lol.

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.07.15, 04:56 PM
I've raced a few tracks, and I will say that ours is a bit "grippier" than most. I think it really depends on temperature and humidity more than anything else though. Last year at the Bowl, it was very high traction so I have no reason to expect it to be any different this year unless the weather takes a very drastic turn in September.

My current tire setups range from 6-10 degree rears, 8-20 degree fronts. I will say that the RCP PNs do what they're supposed to do on there in a very consistent manner. My traction levels have changed since I installed the de-humidifier though, so it could change once the track is setup down there at the Bowl.

minittrackmann
2008.07.16, 10:37 AM
Ok thank you:)

Cody

wcrotty
2008.07.17, 10:55 AM
Is there practice the day before for this event?

imxlr8ed
2008.07.17, 12:52 PM
Not exactly sure yet... I'm going to try to get the track set up Friday... but I don't see why we couldn't. (I'll have to check with Bootsie) Early evening hours more than likely, but I wouldn't plan to run past like 9pm on that Friday.

I only do this because I know many are planning to come into the area on Friday... so if you have extra time, swing by and get familiarized with the place.

bermbuster
2008.07.17, 05:41 PM
count me in for stock awd....
im really looking forward to this event.

wcrotty
2008.07.17, 09:30 PM
I'm just trying to plan my flights for the trip. I was just wondering weather to fly in Friday morning or night...If i fly in at night i don't have to burn a vacation day. :)

Also what time do you think we will start racing Sunday. Would a 8:45 pm flight time be late enough?

I'm checking with the wife if i can go but if i can i will run AWD stock also.

lfisminiz
2008.07.17, 10:16 PM
HEY ED, theres 2 more for AWD stock.;)

imxlr8ed
2008.07.17, 11:29 PM
I'm just trying to plan my flights for the trip. I was just wondering weather to fly in Friday morning or night...If i fly in at night i don't have to burn a vacation day. :)

Also what time do you think we will start racing Sunday. Would a 8:45 pm flight time be late enough?

I'm checking with the wife if i can go but if i can i will run AWD stock also.

Coming in... fine to fly in Friday night, and even if there is a missed opportunity to get the quick tune in on Friday night, I'm sure we are going to give a much greater span of time to get tweaked Saturday morning.

We are going to start early on Sunday, we'll probably have a real quick open tuning session Sunday morning and then right into the re-sorted 3rd qualifiers. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get you out of there by 6:30pm (ballpark of course) Sunday at the latest, should give you plenty of time to get back to the airport and check in for your flight.

6 registered so far for AWD Stock!... I'm liking the response here, and I think Gasman might even be up for it too, so there's a very likely 7. I'm sure it's going to happen so I'll update the entry form, or just send it in and mark it up to notify Phil that you want to be in AWD Stock.

Sounding good so far... little less than 2 months to go! I really appreciate the early response times on this thread gang, it's good to know that we are going to have one hell of a crew representing for our side of the States here! :cool:

ZYHAC
2008.07.23, 11:57 AM
I will be there. Will send out the form asap

wcrotty
2008.07.23, 01:17 PM
Ok i booked my flight car and hotel for the event.

I'm trying to get 3 more ppl to come down. They might run AWD stock also
but that is not set in stone yet.

I can't wait.

michvin
2008.07.23, 02:30 PM
is there anything to do around? I'm coming for sure, but need to decide if I'll take my wife/toddler with me :)

imxlr8ed
2008.07.23, 03:32 PM
Well... I've been to Longwood Gardens, that's a pretty relaxing place. The helicopter museum is kinda cool too. (was owned by my former employer) There's a few more things in ther link here:

http://www.historickennettsquare.com/attractions.html

Of course, there is always Philly and there's all kinds of stuff to get into there.

hrdrvr
2008.07.23, 04:18 PM
Should I be waiting for an updated registration form (with stock AWD)? I dont mind just penciling in if thats okay with you and Phillip. Just to verify before sending in payment and registering, it will be $20 before 9/5 right?

It looks like its going to be a great event. Im getting more and more excited about it.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.23, 05:20 PM
Should I be waiting for an updated registration form (with stock AWD)? I dont mind just penciling in if thats okay with you and Phillip. Just to verify before sending in payment and registering, it will be $20 before 9/5 right?

It looks like its going to be a great event. Im getting more and more excited about it.

Just pencil it in, that'll work just fine. Yes, AWD Stock will be $20 before the 5th.

michvin
2008.07.23, 05:21 PM
Well... I've been to Longwood Gardens, that's a pretty relaxing place. The helicopter museum is kinda cool too. (was owned by my former employer) There's a few more things in ther link here:

http://www.historickennettsquare.com/attractions.html

Of course, there is always Philly and there's all kinds of stuff to get into there.Thanks! I'll show it to her!

lfisminiz
2008.07.23, 07:54 PM
Bill, it will be good to see and race with you guys again.

LARRY:)

sjm324
2008.07.23, 08:30 PM
I plan on attending this event too. Does anyone know what is needed for the cars to accomodate the giro z counters. Also did anyone get any prices on rooms at any of the hotels.
Thanks
Adam

imxlr8ed
2008.07.24, 09:11 AM
The Giro Z is powered up like an AMB transponder using the cars battery power. Here is a tutorial as to how to accomplish this:

http://www.technicalrp.com/en/News/TRP-news/Documentation-on-how-to-assemble-the-GiroZ-lap-counter.html

(it's down the page a bit)

hrdrvr
2008.07.24, 09:19 AM
^^ I posted links to two different locations of Hiltons earlier in the thread. You can get pricing by following the links and calling the number listed :D IDK if there are any hotels closer. I think Ed reccomended looking into the Wilmington area for possibly cheaper rates. We decided to stay as close as we could.

As far as GiroZ, its a simple jumper cable that you can bolt on to your battery terminals. I can get a pic or two posted if you need it. Most of the common e-retailers sell them seperate if you wanted to go ahead and buy one to get it mounted before showing up to race. They are under $5. Also, I havent heard if PN will be loaning them out for the races. Even so, I dont know that theyll let us use a jumper for each class we race, or if well have to move them from car to car. Luckily, our track here runs GiroZ, so all of my cars are allready outfitted.

LMK about the pics. This offer goes for anyone interested.

EDIT: I guess I was too slow typing, lol.

minittrackmann
2008.07.24, 01:54 PM
Hey if you could post a pic that would be greatly appreciated!

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.07.24, 04:34 PM
Hey if you could post a pic that would be greatly appreciated!

Cody

Here's one image from that link I posted earlier:

Oops... thought we we're talking about something else...

hrdrvr
2008.07.24, 05:56 PM
^ Thats what I was talking about. You posted quicker than I did. I was offering shots 'cause I didnt know about that site.

I did take some pictures anyway. I took some of how Ive got them on my AWDs and F1s. I use the essentially same method for F1, but the AWD ius a little trickier. Ill be able to post them by tommorrow afternoon.

michvin
2008.07.24, 06:01 PM
Here's one image from that link I posted earlier:

Oops... thought we we're talking about something else...
what kind of socket is that? Standard Airtronics/Futaba? If not, where do we get one, or Philip is planning to distribute them at the race?

crazyracer
2008.07.24, 07:59 PM
$2.20 for each car

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/GZCON3.jpg

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281

michvin
2008.07.24, 11:23 PM
$2.20 for each car

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/GZCON3.jpg

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281Philip (it's you, right?), maybe it is a good idea to include this in the competition entry package and rise the price accordingly or just bring enough with you so that we can purchase them on site? We don't normally run this transponder, and I can forget to place an order for them...

crazyracer
2008.07.25, 02:16 AM
No problem, I will bring all you guys needs for free

michvin
2008.07.25, 11:44 AM
No problem, I will bring all you guys needs for free
That would be really great! Thank you very-very much!

minittrackmann
2008.07.25, 11:55 AM
Yeah thanks phillip. Hey, is that jumper cable soldered to the battery port. How is it connected. I may have asked this already but the actually transponder will be handed out for use at the race, correct?

imxlr8ed
2008.07.25, 01:09 PM
They mount under your battery lead posts. The two screw locations where your power leads from the board mount to. No soldering required.

hrdrvr
2008.07.25, 01:56 PM
Here are the transponder/cable pictures as promised. I will say that they arent some of my best pics. The lighting in the track area is good for work, but not good for pic taking, lol.

First of all the link posted earlier covers the MR02 pretty well, but just to concur, I mount them the exact same way, and mount the transponder in the exact same spot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25029.jpg

On the F1. I mount the cables just as they show in the link as well, but we had some problems mounting the ponders on the hood like in the pic. If some one drivers over you (which happens with the open wheels of F1 frequently around here :D) they have a chance of getting hung on your wire, as well as having a chance at damaging the transponder itself. As you can see below, I mount the cable the same way, but I mount the transponder back on the rear wing. It seems much more protected to me in this location, and it sure looks better while racing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25051.jpg

The AWD is the tricky one. There are two tabs that are exposed on the front where you have the option of clipping the wires and soldering them directly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25033.jpg

The earlier cables were very brittle though and would readily break at the weld point (usually while mouting/removing the transponder). I got in the habit of bolting them under the board, and have never had problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25037.jpg

You can see I add a little electric tape as a precaution as I dont want the two wires to short each other.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25040.jpg

The AWD does have some clearence issue with fitting the transponder under the windshiled of a lot of bodies. If the rear window isnt painted, I mount the transponder back on top of the rear upper deck. Ive seen a few people melt LED sized holes in their windshileds from having them smashed up there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2008-07-25030.jpg

Even though this rear end isnt attached (waiting on my 2.4s :...should be here today!) you can see the piece of velcro that holds the transponder.

Hopefully this clears some things up. If I can help in any other way, let me know.

hrdrvr
2008.08.05, 01:01 PM
I was wondering if the schedule/format of practice, qualifying heats, and mains has been decided.

Can you give a quick run down if you have? Im not looking for a minute by minute shcedule. :D Basically Im trying to figure out whether I should run 2 classes or stack another on (which Id like to do). Certain places I went was all luck of the draw and I ended up running multiple races back to back. When I went up to the Diablo in NC, it was set up where each round of each class was run through, so you only had to concentrate on one car at a time. It would have been real easy for me to run a third class there, even though there was a small chance to have to run back to back. There still would have been a small break in between the races.

Also, will the lap counter be available for whatever practice we do on friday night? or before the races begin on saturday? Its great to get track time, but on an unfamiliar track it will be hard for me (without much race experience) to tell wether Im getting faster or slower with small changes (tires, etc..). It would be awesome if we could see how our lap times are effected before race time.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.05, 04:45 PM
I think Phil usually runs the classes in the order on the sheet (with AWD stock in there after 2WD stock). As far as the lap counter availability, if it's not there for Friday night, I can easily set up my Core if you want lap times. I'm pretty sure Phil is planning to make it there by Friday so the GiroZ should be there.

As far as the practice time goes, High noon is when the heats will start on Saturday, so all morning is practice. I would like to make the last hour a class specific, controlled practice, that way no ultr-mod cars are slamming into delicate F1s.

It's going to be a busy weekend for sure, we'll all be struggling to get practice runs in as always but I'm sure there will be enough track-time for all of us. Certainly enough time to tune 3 cars.

I'm only planning to run Stock 2WD and F1 myself... but Mod always is hard to resist!

crazyracer
2008.08.05, 08:00 PM
I will arrive Friday 10:30pm, before 2 days if I can get all entries information, I can post the heat sheet here, and also can post the race schedule, that's why I always request drivers early sign up.

wcrotty
2008.08.05, 08:45 PM
I'm running 4 classes. 2wd stock, awd stock, 2wd mod and awd mod. If we need more drivers for F1 and Pan i can also run them. But i draw the line at 6 classes......hahaha.

CristianTabush
2008.08.05, 09:53 PM
You are a freak Bill!!!

imxlr8ed
2008.08.06, 12:52 AM
Wow... that's dedication Bill. You're gonna be a busy guy, but I guess it's really worth it to run as many as possible after traveling that distance. Especially getting entries into the finals then... more classes, more chances! I'd run more as well, but I want to keep time aside for running the event with Phil.

So Phil, I'm not sure how late we're going to be open there Friday night, but obviously I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning.

hrdrvr
2008.08.06, 04:29 PM
Ed, Sounds great. I was mainly curious about time in between races. If its set up like that, Ill easily be able to run 3 classes. Shoot if Bill can run 4, maybe I need another. I think Im travelling further than him, lol. If only I had a car that could handle an anima......:p

Ill bring my core tag for friday night.

wcrotty
2008.08.06, 04:59 PM
Cristian,

I am a bit crazy. But i figure the more classes i run the better chance i will get lucky and win one.

Like hitting a target with a shotgun. :)

hrdrvr,

I do expect the time between races to be short....3 min at most. In Toronto i ran 4 out of the 4 classes and it was run very fast. I raced almost every other heat and the mains were back to back for me (it was even triple A mains i think). I just make sure i prepare for each car before the round starts. Have batteries charged or almost charged. Just make sure the cars are running the way you like them. That way you can make very small changes between rounds. This race will be harder because of the limited practice time. Just remember to Eat too. I always forget.

herman
2008.08.06, 11:40 PM
don't forget to post pics of the event!!! :D

hrdrvr
2008.08.07, 08:13 AM
wcrotty, Thanks for the insight. I think a few minutes between heats will be fine. Im hoping I wont have to do a lot of tuning either. If I can get some track time friday night to find the right tires, Ill be good for running whatever. I dont like doing a lot of tuning on track day under pressure. Id rather run what I got....let it roll like it is :D Ill definitly concentrate on the 2wd and AW stock, but Im going to go ahead and register up for F1 too. I dont have a real strong F1 car, but it should be fun to run :D

herman, I plan on taking the cameras. I dont know about film time, but Ill have it there. :D

imxlr8ed
2008.08.13, 02:55 PM
Hey everyone... I'm trying to get a driver's list together ahead of time so we get a feel for who's running what. I put the list on the initial post based on the information here on this thread.

So please post or PM me what classes you are running if you are coming to this event.

hrdrvr
2008.08.13, 02:57 PM
You can put Daddy Rabbit down for AWD and 2wd stock as well. Thats my dad :D Hes never posted, but that is his newly registered name.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.13, 03:23 PM
Done... driver's list updated.

VAzRACER
2008.08.13, 05:28 PM
I havent sent my registration form in yet, but I am going to be in 2wd stock and F1 stock.

BTW, what hotel is near by to stay at? Thanks

imxlr8ed
2008.08.13, 07:00 PM
I havent sent my registration form in yet, but I am going to be in 2wd stock and F1 stock.

BTW, what hotel is near by to stay at? Thanks

Hrdrvr posted some links on this thread (thanks!), check posts #13 & #31.

Driver's list is updated.

crazyracer
2008.08.13, 07:17 PM
Entries List from California

Philip Ng 2WD Stock and Pan Mod
Grant Pan Mod
Chad Nelson 2WD Stock, F1 Stock and Pan Mod

lfisminiz
2008.08.13, 09:55 PM
Dont forget Ed, im in 2wd stock...also.:)

imxlr8ed
2008.08.13, 10:04 PM
Driver's list updated... great to see a few of the Cali crew swinging by to put the smack down! ;)

minittrackmann
2008.08.13, 10:20 PM
Cody Ferone Stock

gasman1
2008.08.14, 10:18 AM
Ed,

you have me in AWD mod. I should be in AWD stock.

Later

imxlr8ed
2008.08.14, 01:25 PM
Driver's list updated...

Thanks for the response so far guys... keep 'em coming!

Also... I need 3 Wide inside radius turns to complete the track. If anyone has 3 they'd be willing to loan us for this event, let me know ASAP! Thanks!

imxlr8ed
2008.08.14, 02:32 PM
Just put the revised entry forms up there on the first post too, AWD Stock is obviously a go! :D

michvin
2008.08.14, 04:37 PM
Ok,
me:
2WD stock
F1
PROBABLY AWD stock.

Eric V (my son)
2WD stock
2WD mod.

EMU
2008.08.14, 05:30 PM
Ed, Im planning to run 2wd stock, and 2wd modified.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.14, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys!

Driver's list updated again!

ZYHAC
2008.08.16, 01:59 PM
Ed, Im planning to run 2wd stock, and 2wd modified.

Ur not going to run F1 or AWD? That sucks.:o

minittrackmann
2008.08.18, 03:58 PM
Hey I have a bit of a problem. I sent in my registration from with my stock car for 2.4. My 2.4 is not running right, so I went back to am. What should I do, I am going to probably deff. run am in the regional now...

Cody

lfisminiz
2008.08.18, 04:20 PM
Hey Cody, its Larry. I doubt if it matters that much. If you sent the form awhile ago....you could call Kenon and let him know (Philip).

By the way...whats wrong with your 2.4???

imxlr8ed
2008.08.18, 04:44 PM
No problem... AM or 2.4.

I will have a frequency sheet set up at the event for all of us cavemen still running the AM boards. ;)

minittrackmann
2008.08.18, 04:53 PM
My 2.4 has been acting really weird. The car dies a lot, and just stops working. And the controller is acting up to. When I go full throttle the car cuts off. So I went back to am and liked it even more.

Cody

VAzRACER
2008.08.18, 05:41 PM
My 2.4 has been acting really weird. The car dies a lot, and just stops working. And the controller is acting up to. When I go full throttle the car cuts off. So I went back to am and liked it even more.

Cody

If your still usung the KT-18, try replacing the batteries. Mine had this exact same problem when I was running with that radio. It is supposed to start flashing or something when it is going dead, but it never did. Replaced the batteries and it worked like a charm.

Tjay
2008.08.18, 05:51 PM
Cody,

That's just your tx (kt-18). Send it back to the manufacturer.

TJ

minittrackmann
2008.08.18, 07:46 PM
Ok thanks Tjay. Is everyone here in 2 wd stock running 2.4?

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.08.18, 07:59 PM
I plan on running AM, but I'm sure once I get there and see how fast everyone is... I might change my mind. In HFAY with the 70 turn motors, it may not be that noticeable with the shorter tracks. After watching some of those vids out there on the PN layout and seeing the speeds involved in stock class, I question just running 3010s.

crazyracer
2008.08.18, 08:23 PM
2WD Stock
Andre Thompson
Landon Thompson
Darrel Burt
Cody Ferone
Philip Ng
Larry Frey
Cark O'Keefe
Matt Waro
Bill Crotty
Eugene Uyterlinde
Tommy Lane
George Behrman
Frank Behrman
Sai Tam
Bennett Lo

AWD Stock
Andre Thompson
Landon Thompson
Larry Frey
Cark O'Keefe
Bill Crotty
Bennett Lo

F1 Stock
Landon Thompson
Darrel Burt
Matt Waro
Jon Durand

2WD Mod
Darrel Burt
Jack Glassman
Philip Ng
Bill Crotty
Eugene Uyterlinde
Jon Durand
Sai Tam
Bennett Lo
Willy Wong

AWD Mod
Cark O'Keefe

Pan Car Mod
Philip Ng
Larry Frey
Grant Matsushima (Yasuji)
Bill Crotty
Eugene Uyterlinde
Willy Wong

We prepare one more easy way to sign up.

Make Paypal payment to account entryfee@pnracing.com don't forget put drivers name on payment remark.

Fill up the entry form and email to entry@pnracing.com

hrdrvr
2008.08.18, 08:25 PM
Ill be running stock ASF boards on both the F1 and MR02. Im contemplating upgrading the ones in my AWD though.

My dad is running stock ASF boards in both of his cars.

minittrackmann
2008.08.18, 08:29 PM
In 2wd stock can we use 4562 fets?

Cody

crazyracer
2008.08.19, 12:10 AM
In 2wd stock can we use 4562 fets?

Cody

This year PNWC, all classes open the FET rules, you can any model and any pcs in your broad.

minittrackmann
2008.08.19, 12:31 AM
Ok. Cool.

Cody

arch2b
2008.08.19, 08:42 AM
put me down for racer stock and f1 stock. i have not registered yet....

imxlr8ed
2008.08.19, 02:31 PM
Driver's list updated... thanks Arch!

Thanks to Phil too! Not sure of everyone's name, but I think I have most of those on there already. I'm hoping to get the Name/ID MZR tags for this event from David... that way we can all finally put faces to the MZR IDs. :D

imxlr8ed
2008.08.20, 03:32 AM
Just saw this on another post, someone called and asked the MushroomBowl about their race schedule. They only race 10th scale in the summer, and 18th & 12th in the winter. I will be setting up the track indoors down there on September the 6th. They have no RCP there until then.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.21, 03:07 AM
HELP! :D

Between me and Larry, we have enough track to complete the PN layout, but we are still short by 3 Wide Inside Radius Corners for the Wide L... does anyone who is planning to attend have some we could borrow for the event?

I'll give you an extra door prize ticket if you do! ;)

mleemor60
2008.08.21, 08:18 AM
Ed, check for PM

hrdrvr
2008.08.21, 08:33 AM
^ You gonna bring up some corners and run with us? You need to get some of those other fast guys from HSH to come with you and rep the south with me :D

Check for email in a few minutes. ;)

imxlr8ed
2008.08.21, 08:22 PM
AWD Giveaway!

Ok... I've lost my mind, but what else is new right?!?! :rolleyes:

I'll be putting up my AWD for a door prize for this event! Here's the now defunct for sale thread:

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=312765#post312765

It eagerly awaits it's new lucky owner! I'll hand out one ticket to each attending driver for the event, and the drawing will be held on Sunday the 14th. There will be alot of other amazing PN door prizes and PN Cash Vouchers given away at this event as well!

GET SIGNED UP !!! :D

crazyracer
2008.08.22, 03:18 PM
Updated on Page 8 Posts 111

lfisminiz
2008.08.22, 04:19 PM
WE will have the wide insides now....so were good to go.:)

imxlr8ed
2008.08.22, 09:32 PM
Thanks Larry! You're too cool! :cool:

Thanks Phil for the update!

ZYHAC
2008.08.23, 12:40 PM
2WD Stock
Andre Thompson
Landon Thompson
Darrel Burt
Cody Ferone
Philip Ng
Larry Frey
Cark O'Keefe

AWD Stock
Andre Thompson
Landon Thompson
Larry Frey
Cark O'Keefe

F1 Stock
Landon Thompson
Darrel Burt

2WD Mod
Darrel Burt

AWD Mod
Cark O'Keefe

Pan Car Mod
Philip Ng
Larry Frey

So you got the payment?

crazyracer
2008.08.23, 02:27 PM
So you got the payment?

Yes, this all list already got the entry form and payment.

ZYHAC
2008.08.23, 08:42 PM
Yes, this all list already got the entry form and payment.

Thats good cause I haven't seen it on my end yet.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.24, 12:56 AM
ZYHAC... what classes are you running, so I can get you on the rough list awhile?

ZYHAC
2008.08.24, 02:14 AM
ZYHAC... what classes are you running, so I can get you on the rough list awhile?

You already have me on the list. 2wd stock and mod and f1.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.24, 08:18 AM
Oh, I'm sorry... I was talking about the "rough" list I have on the first post. I didn't recognize your name on Phil's list. Tough trying to remember names/MZR ids! :o

Thanks!

My preliminary driver's list updated on the first post and if you go by what we have so far, It looks like AWD Mod may not get filled up... we only have two possibles who have made their intentions known for that class and I can't see running it if there are under 8 drivers for it.

Anyone else coming to run AWD Mod? If I don't get any kind of numbers showing on that class by the end of the week, we're going to have to drop it! :(

Old Crow & Crotty... we'll just have to get you guys into another class or we'll just refund you if we drop it.

ZYHAC
2008.08.24, 11:26 AM
Dont forget though last year people came at the last minute to run.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.24, 05:34 PM
Dont forget though last year people came at the last minute to run.

We'll be ready for them. I will say this once again though to all of the lurkers who plan to surprise us, please get there before 11am on Saturday because once we sort the races I think that will be the cutoff for new entry. I'm not sure how much of a pain it is to do with the GiroZ software, but I don't think it would be fair to the other drivers if it causes delay for the event. It's not like this thread is new or anything either... plenty of time to pre-register and save $$$!

TheRinger
2008.08.24, 10:02 PM
I run PN 11m wheels on the front and 14.5mm wheels on the rear of my PN pan car. All of this is on a MR02 chassis with 2x3 fetted AM board, is it legal 2 run in the pan car class?

imxlr8ed
2008.08.24, 11:37 PM
Yes, those wheels are legal in PNs pan car class only.

ZYHAC
2008.08.24, 11:52 PM
We'll be ready for them. I will say this once again though to all of the lurkers who plan to surprise us, please get there before 11am on Saturday because once we sort the races I think that will be the cutoff for new entry. I'm not sure how much of a pain it is to do with the GiroZ software, but I don't think it would be fair to the other drivers if it causes delay for the event. It's not like this thread is new or anything either... plenty of time to pre-register and save $$$!

I agree 110% So how is the lap counter going to work? Are you using the ones that the card goes into the car or the actual transponder? I have the cards already for the 02's but not for the f1.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.25, 03:21 AM
We are using GiroZ for this event, not the Core system. PN will be supplying the transponders, and he will have the wiring connectors for them there too. Check page 6 of this thread for more information on the Xsponders (thanks hrdvr for the pics!).

ZYHAC
2008.08.25, 02:19 PM
Ok thanks.

Old Crow
2008.08.25, 08:08 PM
Come on people, this is the one class I really want to race, AWD Mod. There seemed to be so much interest in it at the Atomic race, I've been preparing 5 months for this.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.25, 10:17 PM
Come on people, this is the one class I really want to race, AWD Mod. There seemed to be so much interest in it at the Atomic race, I've been preparing 5 months for this.

I just want to say that you can easily just take your modded car and go into the Stock AWD class... only difference would be the motors. Open fet rule applies to all classes.

I think you're signed up for AWD Stock already though... so maybe drop the modded guts into an MR02?

Sucks if we won't have AWD Mod... but I'm going by the 8 driver rule here and it's far from filled at this point.

hrdrvr
2008.08.26, 08:30 AM
I would run this class instead of F1, but I dont like the handout motor. After the guys in spain had all their troubles, there is no way Im risking frying up one of my new 2.4 AWDs.

I also thought there would be more interest for this class, but maybe others feel the same way I do.....

Old Crow
2008.08.26, 06:57 PM
I just want to say that you can easily just take your modded car and go into the Stock AWD class... only difference would be the motors. Open fet rule applies to all classes.

I think you're signed up for AWD Stock already though... so maybe drop the modded guts into an MR02?

Sucks if we won't have AWD Mod... but I'm going by the 8 driver rule here and it's far from filled at this point.

I'm not disputing the fact you have to drop the class, I totally understand that.

I just can't win, I got out of AWD Stock because no one was doing it. Then, after AWD Mod racing at the Atomic regional, it seemed to me that it was here to stay, so I put together a serious car. Then apon hearing that AWD Stock was going to be raced, I dumped more money into a stock car. At this point, I'm so frustrated, I might just forfit my registration money paid and take some time off, maybe for good.

wcrotty
2008.08.26, 07:41 PM
Old crow don't get frustrated. AWD mod is a great class but just like you i don't get to run it at my local shop. I do run it some times in 2wd mod for practice. But that being said I'm kinda glad we don't run them at home because of the up keep of the car. They are big money to keep running right all the time. But when they do run right they are fun.

I'll run pan if there isn't enough awd mod. But now i will be able to try 2 complete different setups in awd stock now.

Besides we are racing toys and that is always fun. Beats working :)

lfisminiz
2008.08.26, 10:22 PM
Carl, i agree with Bill. If you have a AWD chassis for stock and 1 for mod.....set both up for stock class and run the best chassis.;):)

lfisminiz
2008.08.26, 10:27 PM
Bill, it will be great to run in pan class. I have never run that class in competition. Looks like a good field. Looking forward to somthing new to try.:)

CristianTabush
2008.08.27, 12:39 AM
You guys are better off with not running AWD mod anyways. The Anima 2 that have to be run since the Spanish guys did it in the first regional (to mantain rules fair and even for everyone) are really not good at all in the cars. I have never seen a little motor create so much damage to a 'Z... Burnt boards, melted chassis and wires were very common at the regional. Not to mention the cars hardly made runtime and went really slow... Running AWD mod would probably really frustrate some people to the point of no return...

Good news is that for the Finals in Vegas Philip has something really good brewing for us ;P

imxlr8ed
2008.08.27, 01:30 AM
My first question is in regards to the cars that were fried. Were they running stock 2.4s and baking them or were they upgraded fets and they were still cooking them? A while back, I had a first gen Anima in my Stock 2.4 and it got really hot, but never fried... it smelled like hot plastic but not burnt board.

I guess my next question would be... What can a 2.4 really handle? From my experience, it would seem that even the original Anima is really cutting it close to the 2.4s threshold levels. I never fried my car, but I'm sure if there would have been a slight resistance issue (drivetrain or wall stick) combined with a bit of misguided throttle usage for an extended time, it would have cooked for sure. I feel I was very lucky that I never cooked it during those torture tests. It seems to me that a 2x2 4562 fetted would handle it better than one running 2x2 3010s as the 2.4s are equipped.

So... could it be gearing, or is the Anima II just that hot of a motor? Should drivers have geared down a bit to avoid the initial amperage hit out of the turns or will that motor just do it regardless? I never had an Anima II so I'm kinda looking for a bit more information on it in regards to actual experience using it.

All said and done... don't quit Crow! I have a Pan Car I'll loan you!... you can borrow one of my F1s!... take one of my Stock 2WDs home with you to tune! You're getting too good to quit now!

hrdrvr
2008.08.27, 08:36 AM
Dont leave us Crow! I know it can be frustrating, but one of the things I really like about the new open FET format is a mod car and a stock car can be the same. Heck, you can likely run the same car in both classes with only a motor change.

imx, I think it was TJay (not 100% sure though, going to search it out) that mentioned he tried a tall stack of 4562s and the results were the same. Some one had mentioned most of the same things you did, and there have been some people testing, but the results are too lopsided in one direction for me to risk it. From what I understand, there have been no problems with it in mod 2wd or pan, so it must be the extra resistance form the AWD that gets it really hot.

EDIT: I have another thing on my mind (as you can tell I can keep 'em in there :D) will this track be set up over carpet? or directly on concrete? Is the area the track will be set up AC, or outdoors? Thanks for the clarifications on all my dumb Qs. ;)

EDIT 2: It was Tjay. I found the thread. There is also a link in his first post that leads to another thread whee one of the guys in Spain reccomends not running one in the AWD becasue of the problems they had over there.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29088&highlight=anima+problems

imxlr8ed
2008.08.27, 02:50 PM
Our track will be set up on top of a ground level carpet indoor track, there is no AC. The garage doors on both sides of the track can be opened up for fresh air (we did this last year for the extra breeze).

Thanks for the link and the information!

bermbuster
2008.08.27, 07:38 PM
me and mini berm are registered (in the mail) for stock 02.
Will PN be selling parts? Especially tires.....:D

crazyracer
2008.08.27, 08:53 PM

Make Paypal payment to account entryfee@pnracing.com don't forget put drivers name on payment remark.

Fill up the entry form and email to info@pnracing.com

EMU
2008.08.28, 12:20 AM

Fill up the entry form and email to entry@pnracing.com
Philip, I just sent the entry fee as well as the entry form. I received an error for the entry@pnracing.com for the form. Has the account been created yet? I tried sending it twice...

Ed, also put me down for pan :D Ill give it a shot. Never raced pan before, but I think Grant needs more traffic :P Now I have to order the Pan body and parts to setup the car.

crazyracer
2008.08.28, 03:06 AM
Philip, I just sent the entry fee as well as the entry form. I received an error for the entry@pnracing.com for the form. Has the account been created yet? I tried sending it twice...

Ed, also put me down for pan :D Ill give it a shot. Never raced pan before, but I think Grant needs more traffic :P Now I have to order the Pan body and parts to setup the car.

Please email to info@pnracing.com

tommy_greeneyes
2008.08.28, 11:34 AM
hey Ed can you put me down for 2wd stock= Tommy Lane
i mail out my entry 2 days ago,
also add me to Philip:D:D thank you

imxlr8ed
2008.08.28, 02:48 PM
Done! Driver's list updated...

crazyracer
2008.08.28, 04:05 PM
hey Ed can you put me down for 2wd stock= Tommy Lane
i mail out my entry 2 days ago,
also add me to Philip:D:D thank you

Tommy, when you send out the enrty form? up to now I didn't get it.

crazyracer
2008.08.28, 04:06 PM
The confirm drivers list updated!

Page 8 and Post #111

imxlr8ed
2008.08.28, 04:48 PM
Thanks Phil!

I have updated the initial post to include the online entry information you posted above.

Trophies are ordered! :D

On a bummer note though, I did not order trophies for AWD Mod due to the low entry levels. I'm going to give it until Saturday, but I don't think were going to get enough entries for that class.

VAzRACER
2008.08.28, 05:23 PM
The confirm drivers list updated!

Page 8 and Post #111

You have my name down as Matt Waro, my last name is Ward, I think my hand writing was a little sloppy. Thanks

imxlr8ed
2008.08.29, 01:33 PM
Driver's list updated!

AWD Mod is scrubbed... sorry about this guys (Crow and Crotty) but there just seems to be nobody else interested in running it for this event. We will either refund or we can shuffle you to another class if possible.

tommy_greeneyes
2008.08.29, 01:42 PM
Tommy, when you send out the enrty form? up to now I didn't get it.

hey Philip. yes i send my entry like this past monday, so i think it may have got to you today or so, i send an money order:D

crazyracer
2008.08.29, 04:12 PM
hey Philip. yes i send my entry like this past monday, so i think it may have got to you today or so, i send an money order:D

I got it today, and already update the list

bermbuster
2008.09.03, 06:05 PM
almost 2 weeks away....really getting excited for this race...
Im a C or B main driver and if by the Grace of God I get an A main finish I am so going to Vegas....:D

yasuji
2008.09.03, 07:38 PM
got my tickets today....:D
i will arrive with phlip and fly out monday a few hours b4 philip:o

tommy_greeneyes
2008.09.03, 08:08 PM

I am looking forward to race to, hey Grant i looking forward to meeting you as well, Mike M from High speed hobbies in N.C. tell me you run into you, have a safe trip to Pa.:D

bermbuster
2008.09.03, 08:15 PM

Hey Grant
Check your PMs...
thanks
Berm

yasuji
2008.09.03, 08:23 PM
Hey Grant
Check your PMs...
thanks
Berm

??nothing there.....

bermbuster
2008.09.03, 08:28 PM
??nothing there.....

its there now....:D

TheRinger
2008.09.03, 11:12 PM
I was wondering, if I sign up for three different classes say for instance 2wd stock and awd stock which is 25 dollars a class and for the pan car class which is 35 dollars, that means I have 2 pay 85 dollars to race all the above events correct? And do U have 2 sign up over the internet or is their the option 2 sign up on the day of the event? I just want 2 make sure I'm reading things correctly.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.04, 03:00 AM
You can sign up for extra classes at the event too, but it must be Saturday morning.

So far, the plan is this:

Friday evening (12th):

Doors will open around 5pm for some early practice and sign ups. I will get confirmation of this on Saturday (the 6th) when I take the RCP down there. I've talked to Bootsie (owner of the Bowl) and she said it's no problem. Not sure how late we will be running, but I'm hoping to run until around 9pm.

Saturday (13th):

Doors will open at 8am. Sign-ups and open practice until 11am. Driver's meeting at 11am and then into controlled practice sessions. We will run 10 minute sessions for each class, this way we avoid F1 cars getting slammed by super-fast Pan Cars out there. It will go fast, so what I suggest is having your cars ready to go when we call you. High noon, the Heats begin! We will run the classes in the order they are on the first page. After the first set of Heats, we will probably open up the track for a half-hour tuning/late lunch break. Then into the 2nd set of Heats, once the 2nd qualifiers are completed, the track will be opened up for tuning until closing. Not sure when exactly that will be, because the regulars there usually run their 10th scalers outside usually until around 8pmish. (of course... if it's raining, they won't be there)

Sunday (14th):

Doors will open at 8am. I would like to start the last re-sorted qualifiers started by 10am. We should have the Mains sorted by 1pm and probably completed around 3pm. Then it's award time and prize time until whenever. We'll probably end up kicking you all out by 6pm then.

Once again... this is all preliminary planning (we all know how that goes). We'll all have plenty of time to chat and tune for sure. Only thing I can say is... know what heats you are in, and be on the stand when you are called.

Entries are still coming in and this IS going to be one of the best PN regionals ever! :D

hrdrvr
2008.09.04, 08:24 AM
almost 2 weeks away....really getting excited for this race...
Im a C or B main driver and if by the Grace of God I get an A main finish I am so going to Vegas....:D

Im getting excited too. I guess Im in the same boat as you. This will be the first official event Ive ever been to, so I couldnt tell you how I will fair. If I make any A main though, I will surely be in Vegas! Us guys running the AWD stock should have a pretty fair shot at an A-main :D

bermbuster
2008.09.04, 11:59 AM
I was wondering, if I sign up for three different classes say for instance 2wd stock and awd stock which is 25 dollars a class and for the pan car class which is 35 dollars, that means I have 2 pay 85 dollars to race all the above events correct? And do U have 2 sign up over the internet or is their the option 2 sign up on the day of the event? I just want 2 make sure I'm reading things correctly.

If you sign up before tomorrow you get $5 off each class....
so instead of $85 its $70....

yasuji
2008.09.04, 02:47 PM
Doors will open around 5pm for some early practice and sign ups. I will get confirmation of this on Saturday (the 6th) when I take the RCP down there. I've talked to Bootsie (owner of the Bowl) and she said it's no problem. Not sure how late we will be running, but I'm hoping to run until around 9pm.

bummer i should have booked an earlier flight...:(

imxlr8ed
2008.09.04, 04:07 PM
I'm going to confirm the Friday times on this coming Saturday with Bootsie. It's not your typical retail hobby shop, their schedule is usually based more around actual racing hours than being open for the retail aspect of it. They do have one of the best retail shops around though if you're looking for serious racing gear in the other scales.

So the Friday times may change a bit... but I will definitely nail it all down this Saturday. I'll probably post in the evening.

tommy_greeneyes
2008.09.05, 04:44 PM
one week left, can not wait, this is going to be a great race:D

imxlr8ed
2008.09.06, 08:29 PM
Well... packed up the Trooper (and I mean PACKED!) with all the RCP and navigated my way through the floods and downed limbs to set up down at the Bowl! Got it all laid out and ready to go! It's a pretty big layout for sure, but with the driver's stand there it's great visibility all the way around.

So... talked with Bruce there and he says they usually open up on Fridays around 5pm. So this coming Friday the 12th, we'll be opened up for early sign-ups and some test and tune by 5:30pm at the latest. Larry and I will be down there early to check in and we'll be at the Bowl at 5pm.

Also... I just want to note here that there is plenty of pit space available for all, but there may be a shortage of stools for everyone. I would suggest to bring your own stool if possible. I suggest a stool because the pit areas they have there are about standard bar height. A folding chair works, but you might end up at eye-level with your gear.

There will also be room available for self made pit-space around the track area as well, so if you want to bring your own tables, chairs and extension cords... feel free to.

So... 6 more days until the race! Hopefully they'll breeze by quickly! :D

bermbuster
2008.09.06, 09:03 PM
Hey Ed
the Giro z transponders use the pigtail I understand that....how are they held in place? a pc of velcro if so which side is on the chassis??hook or loop???
thanks
Im just trying to have the cars all prepped....:D

imxlr8ed
2008.09.07, 04:59 AM
Not sure if Phil already has the velcro on or not... I'd hold off on sticking the velcro on until the day of the event.

arch2b
2008.09.07, 02:52 PM
our suv was broken into last night:mad: the resulting insurance deductable to replace the busted glass means i no longer have any travel/racing funds this month.

i am very sorry to say i will not be able to make it this year. i was very much looking forward to meeting many more people this year too.

ZYHAC
2008.09.07, 04:53 PM
our suv was broken into last night:mad: the resulting insurance deductable to replace the busted glass means i no longer have any travel/racing funds this month.

i am very sorry to say i will not be able to make it this year. i was very much looking forward to meeting many more people this year too.

That sucks. I hope there is some way so you can make it. But I am sure we all understand the situation at hand and hope everything works out for the best. See you around.

arch2b
2008.09.07, 06:30 PM
yeah, it sucks big time. i'm out $250+ the week before the big race... my kind of luck.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.07, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Arch... would be great if you could swing up somehow though, but I know how it goes.

Sai... I got your email, and swapped you around on the list.

Just want to remind everyone... you can still sign up Saturday morning for the race. It's going to be one badass event for sure, and word is that the door prize inventory has grown even larger with some new awesome prizes thanks to a donation from one of our favorite Autoscale customizers!

Plus, you'll be missing out on a 1 in 30 something chance to win my very hooked up AWD drifter! (better odds than the lottery, that's for sure!) Here's the link to what the car is:

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29240

lfisminiz
2008.09.07, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Arch.:( Do what you got to do.:)

minittrackmann
2008.09.07, 08:53 PM
Just making sure, I will not be running 2.4 in stock class. I am now running am. I am on channel 2. Could someone please update my entry form. Thanks

Cody

imxlr8ed
2008.09.08, 04:15 AM
We'll have a frequency sign up sheet posted at the event. I don't see too many problems with AM frequencies especially since it seems the majority will be running 2.4s.

Frequencies will be on a first come, first served basis. And I will mention this in the drivers meeting, once you get a frequency assigned to you... DO NOT USE ANOTHER! I will not be confiscating crystals or anything like that... I just expect everyone to follow this very simple rule.

For instance, I will be running my 27.660 as always... I always recommend the "outlaw" bands to everyone because it's so rare someone else has the same one. I've never had an issue at any event I've ever been to.

So if you have extra crystals, bring them with just in case. I will have extras on hand too.

sjm324
2008.09.08, 07:55 AM
Hey all, really looking forward to this race. It is going to be a great time. Friday can not come soon enough....

Ed,
Just wanted to know If we set up our pit space friday night, Can we leave stuff overnight at the track will it be safe...

Thanks
Adam

imxlr8ed
2008.09.08, 09:22 AM
The Mushroom Bowl is alarmed, so your gear should be safe. I too plan to avoid lugging my gear back and forth to and from the hotel over the span of the weekend.

SaiTam
2008.09.08, 08:18 PM
I'll be there Sat. morning. Can't wait

lfisminiz
2008.09.08, 09:02 PM
Be good to see you again Sai, its been awhile.;):)

TheRinger
2008.09.08, 09:03 PM

Sorry 2 hear man. Hope U can get it worked out.

bermbuster
2008.09.08, 09:38 PM
Arch Im sorry to hear you cannot make it I was looking forward to finally meeting you.....well we always have the next big race and Im sure there will be many more...we are lucky mini zs on the east coast has a great following....

Im getting excited too and so is my son...
what do you think will be a good starting set up ...Ed said softer tires...
what gearing??? camber, caster, springs....
maybe some out of towners who ran this layout will shed some light....
thanks
berm

crazyracer
2008.09.08, 09:39 PM
Hey Ed
the Giro z transponders use the pigtail I understand that....how are they held in place? a pc of velcro if so which side is on the chassis??hook or loop???
thanks
Im just trying to have the cars all prepped....:D

I will bring some velcro, you can prepare your car velcro before the race, I attached photo to show the transponder velcro side.

bermbuster
2008.09.08, 10:21 PM
I will bring some velcro, you can prepare your car velcro before the race, I attached photo to show the transponder velcro side.

Perfect...thanks Philip hook side is on the chassis and the loop is on the transponder....:cool:

lfisminiz
2008.09.08, 10:34 PM
Thanks Philip.:)

imxlr8ed
2008.09.09, 01:24 AM
Trophies are here, and they are pretty cool in their PN color scheme! Event nametags are coming in from MZR too so we all know who is who. :rolleyes: I will also be taking my projector down as well so we can all witness the action via the big screen.

Thanks for the heads up on the velcro Phil!

minittrackmann
2008.09.09, 07:24 AM
Wow this is going to be an amzing weekend. I wish I could make it up there friday night but I wont have a ride. Which means I will be there first thing saturday morning:)

Cody

michvin
2008.09.09, 05:19 PM
Ed, you gonna hate me for this, but I will not be running the F1 and Eric V will not be running 2WD mod :( Just don't have time to make these cars ready :( So
it is 2WD stock and AWD stock for me, and 2WD stock for Eric V. Sorry

imxlr8ed
2008.09.10, 02:32 AM
Hate?... c'mon man, I'm just glad you're coming down for this! :D

I think I'm going to just run 2WD Stock & F1 myself because I think I'll be too busy with the racing to attempt three classes. If anyone needs to borrow a car of mine, just let me know and we'll see if it can be done.

My Mod Pan is handling really well now and I have a regular Mod Racer that runs really well too... I have no problems loaning these out. Also have a well hooked F1 I'd be willing to loan out too. If someone is willing to try a class they don't have a car for, I'll do my best to get them rolling!

sjm324
2008.09.10, 10:52 AM

I think I'm going to just run 2WD Stock & F1 myself because I think I'll be too busy with the racing to attempt three classes. If anyone needs to borrow a car of mine, just let me know and we'll see if it can be done.

My Mod Pan is handling really well now and I have a regular Mod Racer that runs really well too... I have no problems loaning these out. Also have a well hooked F1 I'd be willing to loan out too. If someone is willing to try a class they don't have a car for, I'll do my best to get them rolling!

Ed, I just finished my 2.4 awd stock. I ran the car last night at action and it ran pretty good. If the car cooperates :) in practice. I will enter in to awd stock. If not I would love to run your mod pan car
Adam

michvin
2008.09.10, 12:12 PM

How could I miss such an opportunity to meet and race you guys?

crazyracer
2008.09.10, 12:15 PM
me and mini berm are registered (in the mail) for stock 02.
Will PN be selling parts? Especially tires.....:D

I already ship out some PN parts for sell in the event, wheels, tires, pinion and some option parts, most is 2WD, if anyone want some AWD parts, please post here what you want, or may be need to replace.

I can't wait to see you guys at great race.

Philip
PN Racing Products

imxlr8ed
2008.09.10, 03:20 PM
Ed, I just finished my 2.4 awd stock. I ran the car last night at action and it ran pretty good. If the car cooperates :) in practice. I will enter in to awd stock. If not I would love to run your mod pan car
Adam

That's fine with me... see you then!

imxlr8ed
2008.09.10, 04:51 PM
One racer just asked me a good question and I just want to clarify this for all of our racers. You are allowed to break in your motors for this race... break ins are not tampering with the motor. I recommend a simple water break in myself, but any break in period is a good one.

Wires can be trimmed and the caps can be re-positioned if necessary, but not replaced. I will allow this because I know some mounts are tough to use without doing this. And as far as the wire trimmimg goes, I think for classes such as F1 it's a necessity to avoid body interference.

All motors will be engraved and set up as tamper proof for this event. So no funny business with the internals! :p

TALLGEESE
2008.09.10, 06:11 PM
One racer just asked me a good question and I just want to clarify this for all of our racers. You are allowed to break in your motors for this race... break ins are not tampering with the motor. I recommend a simple water break in myself, but any break in period is a good one. :p

Ed, thanks for the quick reply to my question about the break-in for the PN handout motors for this event.. I just wanted to make sure It's legal to do this so I can bring a motor break-in stand with me.. Really looking forward to this event..

crazyracer
2008.09.10, 07:33 PM
Before the race, we will hand out the motor, you can break in the motors, just you can't open the case to modify, all motor comes with security label, if you open the case, the security label break it, you will be DQ.

michvin
2008.09.11, 12:40 AM
is discounted entry fee still in effect? I'm planning to pay right now? How much should i paypal for 2 racers, one running two classes, the other one class?
Thanks Philip!

yasuji
2008.09.11, 12:59 AM
just a question.....whats the weather been like??? day and night....
short and t-shirt.....or pants an long sleeve:o

michvin
2008.09.11, 01:04 AM
you decide ;)
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weekend/USPA0813?from=36hr_topnav_sports

yasuji
2008.09.11, 01:22 AM
you decide ;)
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weekend/USPA0813?from=36hr_topnav_sports

brrrrrrrr:eek:...60 - 70s @ night.....thats cold where im from.....lol

imxlr8ed
2008.09.11, 06:12 AM
Looks like drizzle on Saturday... was kind of hoping to put on a good show for the regulars there but if theres rain, the majority of the 10thers won't show.

Discount ended on the 5th... sorry! From here on out, you might want to just sign up when you get there.

hrdrvr
2008.09.11, 09:39 AM
Phillip, I dont think Ill need any AWD parts, but I was hoping to score one of your new motor LCG mounts for the MR02.

michvin
2008.09.11, 10:37 AM
Looks like drizzle on Saturday... was kind of hoping to put on a good show for the regulars there but if theres rain, the majority of the 10thers won't show.

Discount ended on the 5th... sorry! From here on out, you might want to just sign up when you get there.
Thanks Ed!
off// 6:12am... do you sleep at all? :eek:

lfisminiz
2008.09.11, 04:14 PM
PHILIP - if you have any of your MR-02 silver carbon H plates, bring them along.

crazyracer
2008.09.11, 04:16 PM
yes, I had MR02 mtoro mount and silver T-plate.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.11, 05:23 PM
Thanks Ed!
off// 6:12am... do you sleep at all? :eek:

Been on vampire hours lately due to my current employment status. :rolleyes:

crazyracer
2008.09.12, 03:15 AM

Ed, check email, I need you confirm the race stuff is it safe at your hand!

See you soon!

SaiTam
2008.09.12, 08:20 AM

We can start racing at 11pm instead.:D

EMU
2008.09.12, 11:35 AM
We can start racing at 11pm instead.:D

That would definitely be preferred!

briankstan
2008.09.12, 11:43 AM
I'm Jealous !! Hope everyone that is participating in this event has a great time. Wish I could make it.

yasuji
2008.09.12, 12:05 PM
philip and i are headed to the ariport soon i cant wait to get there:D

Tjay
2008.09.12, 12:25 PM
Have a safe trip folks and Have fun on the race! :D

wcrotty
2008.09.12, 06:15 PM
I'm delayed in Manchester nh right now.....arg.

hope i get to fly. :)

imxlr8ed
2008.09.12, 10:02 PM
Well... a few of us showed for some quick laps this evening. Only 2 hours or so... I fought a losing battle with a POS printer for most of the evening, so I only got about 3 minutes run time.

Well, at the hotel now... looking forward to a busy Saturday morning! Track is good, high traction as always... fairly smooth and very vacuumed! Still some tweaking required, but really not that bad for everyone who has run it so far.

We'll be there tomorrow morning at 8am... if you want tune time, I suggest you try to get there as early as possible. There will probably be some time after the heats tomorrow to get some tuning in too.

I'm about to trudge over to Walmart to purchase my own working printer... I hate shopping there :mad:, but it's good when I'm in a bind like this!

Cyall 2morrow!

crazyracer
2008.09.14, 12:50 AM
Today photos

http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PA/PNWC-PA0001.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PA/PNWC-PA0002.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PA/PNWC-PA0008.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PA/PNWC-PA0009.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PA/PNWC-PA0010.jpg

Tjay
2008.09.14, 02:12 AM
thanks for posting the pics! So who won?;)

lugnutz
2008.09.14, 07:37 PM
just got home from race and it was fantastic thanks goes out to phillip,grant and ed and everyone who attended:D
i know some of the results not all but i'll try to update some of it

2wd stock bill crotty tq and winner due to a technical difficulty with willy wong car
2nd pl sai tam
not sure how the rest shook out

2wd mod phillip tq and winner
sai tam 2nd
bill crotty 3rd
willy wong
frank paulin
eugene o emu

mod pan car grant tq and winner
bill crotty
larry fey

the other classes not sure but they looked good
clean racing all weekend,very hot and humid needed a shower after each run cant wait till next race

again i might be wrong on some of these but my brain is toast

Cherub1m
2008.09.14, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the update Lugnutz

crazyracer
2008.09.14, 08:57 PM
Thank youf or every drivers come to our race, and speical thank you Ed David and Larry to make this great event happen.

Result:

2WD Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/2WD_STK/Final_A.html)

2WD Stock B Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/2WD_STK/Final_B.html)

2WD Stock C Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/2WD_STK/Final_C.html)

AWD Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/AWD_STK/Final_A.html)

AWD Stock B Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/AWD_STK/Final_B.html)

F1 Stock A Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/F1_STK/Final_A.html)

2WD MOD A Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/2WD_MOD/Final_A.html)

2WD MOD B Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/2WD_MOD/Final_B.html)

PAN CAR MOD A Main (http://www.pnracing.us//pnwc2008/PA/PAN_MOD/Final_A.html)

anarchydude
2008.09.15, 12:02 AM
Great racing! Great to see everyone who came out and beared the humid weather! Definitely thank Ed, Larry, Phillip and everyone who helped make this event happen!

I still can't belive Quinny got the drifter.. From the looks of it, I think he'll be spending a month just trying to figure it all out :-p

lfisminiz
2008.09.15, 01:04 AM
Philip, thanks for quick update. Great event. Great racing under hot and humid conditions. Good to meet ALOT of racers. Thanks to my buddy ED and Philip for running a smooth show.;) Good to get out for a meal or 2 with some of the guys.:) Hopefully there will be more pictures comming.

Old Crow
2008.09.15, 07:24 AM
Excellent event, thanks to Phillip, Ed and Larry for putting on a great show. Good to see some old faces, and new.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.15, 08:47 AM
Wow...

Thanks to all once again who turned out, and turned it up for this event! :D:D:D I was surrounded by greatness at every level this weekend and it's just a wonderful thing to know that these races attract the coolest people I've ever dealt with... I THANK YOU ALL!

Obviously a big thanks to Phil for making the World Cup events what they are. Without you, competitive racing in this scale wouldn't shine nearly as bright as it does right now! You are one hell of a promoter to devote as much time and as many resources as you do to creating a format for anyone to enter these races and truly push the envelope of all this technology. You are a true living legend when it comes to RC Racing and I wish I didn't forget to get your autograph on one of my Autoscales! (I'll send it out soon ;)) That's how strongly I feel about what you do!

Also, to Bootsie at the Mushroom Bowl. We are all truly in your debt for letting us run this event there. I know all who race at the Mushroom Bowl hold a special place in their heart for you and I'm happy just knowing that we have someone like you there for us! I can't thank you enough, but I'll try! :D

I'm gonna cut it short in a general way here by saying that I hope I expressed enough to everyone else in person how great I feel knowing that you are all my friends, and it's only going to grow stronger in the coming years as we get more races in the books! The future is bright for all of us and I hope I always have the opportunity to be a small part of it with you all!

(except for Quinny... you suck! :p:D:p:D)

I'm sure more vids and pics are coming soon... stay tuned!

sjm324
2008.09.15, 08:50 AM
Great event, Thanks to the PN crew and Ed for putting on a great show. Next year we need a place with AC :) Its always nice to meet and race with new people. Can't wait until the next race. see ya all soon
Adam

hrdrvr
2008.09.15, 09:55 AM
I need to get a LOT better before I try and come out to race with you guys again, lol.

This was one of my very first big events, and I must say I am totally impressed with the miniz racing community. It is allready said, but Ill restate it. Phillip, and Ed, you guys put on an awesome show. There was some awesome racing going on, and some of the greats were out here at the event. I cant believe how quickly every one wants to help out as well. There was always some one to turn to wether you needed a part, some driving tips, or set up help (I needed and received all of the above :D). The quality of the help and advice I recieved is totally priceless.

Ill try not to rant on any furhter, but I feel I could sit here rambling on about the greatness of this event for quite a while. Im in the hotel 'business center' right now, so I dont have the time...thankfully for you guys :D

I got vidoes of almost all of the mains. I think I missed the 2wd mod B main, and only caught half of the AWD stock B main. I got all the As and the rest though. I will try and get them posted ASAP when I get back home to SC wednesday. It may take me some time to get settled back into work, and to get the vidos sorted and trimed, but I should have some eye candy for all by the end of the week.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.15, 10:02 AM
Once again, thanks for coming and generating the eye candy too! You guys performed great for this being your first major event, and like I said on your thread just a bit ago... you had me sweating it in F1 until you had your breakage!

wcrotty
2008.09.15, 10:03 AM
Great event guys. Thanks for hosting it and doing all the hard work.
I had a blast racing with everyone.

Grant and Philip you guys were awesome. I really wish i could
race with you guys every weekend. It would elevate my driving by miles.

Next year i will try and repay you guys by hosting a race in Fitchburg MA.
That way you can sit back and race. http://www.rcexcitement.com/

lfisminiz
2008.09.15, 01:53 PM
Bill, if at all possible we will try to make it. As always good seeing you again. Wish we all lived alittle closer......and had the time to hang out and race. Like you said we need to move out to Philip and Grants area.;):D

crazyracer
2008.09.15, 01:54 PM
just say hi to everyone, I just seating at PHL airport waiting back home.

Thank you all drivers coming, I try make more great event for all Mini-Z Racers, and I also want more RC drivers enjoy Mini-Z how fun.

crazyracer
2008.09.15, 02:50 PM
The PNWC world ranking already posted

http://www.pnwc-live.com

bermbuster
2008.09.15, 05:11 PM
Awesome event. Me and my son had a great time. We want to thank all the racers, Ed for hosting the race and especially Philip from PN. Without PN Mini -Z racing would not be at this level. You not only make the best parts you support us racers by promoting and attending Championship racing.
We are looking forward to future races with our new and old mini z friends.....

lugnutz
2008.09.15, 05:56 PM
hey Phillip did you do the stock class yet because i didn't see any updates from the weekend in the rankings thanks again for a great weekend and maybe at the worlds i will not have to pull over so much for you ;)

lfisminiz
2008.09.15, 08:13 PM
Philip, i didnt see any updates in the world rankings in 2WD stock or AWD stock.:)....LARRY

TALLGEESE
2008.09.15, 09:24 PM
I'd like to see the results for the stock class racing as well. I would also like to thank Phillip, Ed, Larry, and everyone at the Mushroom Bowl for setting up such a great event. This was my first major race event and it was definately a fantastic learning experience.. I had a great time racing and going to eat at Hooters with Phillip{crazyracer}, Yasuji{the pan-car master}, Ed{imxlr8ed}, Larry{lfisminiz}, Bill Crotty and VAzRacer after the first day of racing really made the trip worthwhile.. It was also nice to meet a lot of people that I see on this site such as EMU, bermbuster, anarchydude, quinny and of course hrdrvr who was nice enough to let me try out some of Reflex racing's SSG tires which really helped dial-in my mod car..

dvsstrike
2008.09.15, 10:31 PM
hello everyone i am somewhat diappointed at myself for not attending this race. the question i have is what side of the tiles does the races run? the high grip or the smooth side? i personally don't care what side my track layout is.I want to run on the side the pn races are held on so i can set my car up better.
thanks

lfisminiz
2008.09.15, 11:22 PM
Rough side of tiles.;)

briankstan
2008.09.15, 11:55 PM
so I know someone had to have taken some more pictures and where is the videos? Hope to see them soon. :D

michvin
2008.09.16, 12:44 AM
Thank you all (Ed especially) for making this weekend such a great time!
Almost all the pictures I took are here. Forgive the quality, last thing I was thinking about was the photography :)
http://picasaweb.google.com/michvin/PNEastCoastRegionals?pli=1#
Some highlights:
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN1of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN2of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN3of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN4of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN5of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN6of54.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN6of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN7of8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN8of8.jpg

EMU
2008.09.16, 01:34 AM
Ha, You got my 350Z :) Not much body roll with that MR015...
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/michvin27/PN2of8.jpg

It was a GREAT race. I had lots of fun.

Larry, congrats on your A main podium. I had you in my sights, if there was a little more time it would have been interesting... You ran very well.

I think there was a good sportsmanship shown with all of the drivers, track ethics were good.

Ed, thanks for trying to revive my board. I guess its true, that smoking kills, especially when its the boards that are smoking.

imxlr8ed
2008.09.16, 07:55 AM
Yeah... those 2.4s are tough to fet, everything is so delicate with the pads. I know I had all the feet down right the first time, but reverse just wouldn't work. It seems the in-board routing to the pads is much thinner than the old AM boards. I gave it my best though.

Thanks for the pics Michvin! I personally love that top one of Larry spiking his way to that podium spot! ;)

Everyone seemed to adapt really quickly to what was said to be the most traction they've ever dealt with, and it was really all about the racing when it got down to it. I've seen some really tight groups this event and it seems that the more events we all go to, the closer we all get. I have to say that my favorite performance was Philip in Mod 2WD... so fast, yet it seemed like a walk in the park for him! Grant was incredible to watch as well... his braking technique really has me re-thinking setup and gearing for sure. I wish I would've ran Mod just to have the honor to have been passed by these guys! (multiple times no doubt)

yasuji
2008.09.16, 10:52 AM
great pics from a great event
thanks ed for putting on a great event,and thank you to all the drivers that attended ,i had an awesome time :D
im glad i made the trip out to pa,
see you all in vegas