PDA

View Full Version : Must have OL hop-ups

Tsal
2008.06.27, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, I am getting ready to join the OL community and I would like to know which parts are a must have for this car. I do not want to spend money where it is not needed. I like both off-road and rock climbing.

briankstan
2008.06.27, 01:38 PM
I'd say go for the Kyosho or 3racing oil shocks. Other than that the only other upgrade I have on mine is the Titanium Gear (because I broke a tooth on the original).

I also added +3 racer wheels with Kyosho MT tires. (you'll need to put a stock Narrow kyosho tire in the middle of the MT tire. to hold it in place if you do this.)

Makes a great racer of you have jumps on the track. Also the longer wheelbase bodies like the hummer H1 have the best stability.

575racer
2008.06.27, 01:41 PM
gpm rear gearbox, i broke a link holder in the first few minutes of playing with it:(

Tsal
2008.06.27, 01:43 PM
So the OL series cars have different wheel bases or is it just for the hummer?

briankstan
2008.06.27, 01:43 PM
gpm rear gearbox, i broke a link holder in the first few minutes of playing with it:(

really, that sucks ! I still have mine on there and I've been racing it for 2 years. I have mended it a time or two. I actually have the GPM rear gearbox, I just haven't needed to put it on yet.

briankstan
2008.06.27, 01:45 PM
So the OL series cars have different wheel bases or is it just for the hummer?

if you get a RTR it will come with different lenghts of shock towers, each body is one of a couple of settings. you'll have everything you need in the Kit.

they do very from short (pajero) to long (H1)

pomme de terre
2008.06.28, 05:55 PM
The only thing I remember as being mandatory is a delrin or titanium main gear for the gearbox. This gear will strip very quickly, especially if you like popping wheelies.

575racer
2008.06.28, 06:12 PM
if your running the longest wheelase, it hardly ever, if at all, pops wheelies on a stock motor, at least thats what ive found.

slientbob
2008.06.29, 09:08 AM
for the shocks on my monster i used radline aluminum shocks you have to cut the screws that comes with them but that's it and you have aluminum shocks for around $10 and you can get them at target

Tsal
2008.06.29, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the input guys, can't wait to get my Overland. should be about a week.