PDA

View Full Version : Reverse is intermittent ?

Blf
2008.06.27, 05:40 PM
Just got my chassis and Helios module in the mail today ...wow...awesome...... question: my reverse is intermittent (sp?) Any adjustments on Helios I need to know about or has anybody had that issue?

Thanks

Edit : after messing around with it again it seems it reverses more consistently when you barely push forward (brake direction) with the trigger. Also, when pairing, after the led on the Tx is in ready (half illuminated) & I hold down the little button on the chassis and turn on the rx at the same time ---I keep holing it down on the chassis but the led does not seem to light up all the way as I think its supposed to ? But it must have paired since all other funchtions are working perfectly..... hmmmmm

marc
2008.06.28, 05:45 PM
I don't know if it helps or not, but most of us have found the reverse function on the 2.4 system to be a bit tricky. Some reason, there is a slight delay in it. Some suggest it's because you are too wait for other cars to drive by before backing up and causing a collision. I don't know anything about Helios, but you should be able to adjust that with the transmitter just as we can with our KT18's.

limbohz
2008.07.16, 11:21 PM
so has anyone found a remedy to the reverse delay? specifically with a KO Helios EX10?

Aurora
2008.07.17, 02:51 AM
Just got my chassis and Helios module in the mail today ...wow...awesome...... question: my reverse is intermittent (sp?) Any adjustments on Helios I need to know about or has anybody had that issue?

Thanks

Edit : after messing around with it again it seems it reverses more consistently when you barely push forward (brake direction) with the trigger. Also, when pairing, after the led on the Tx is in ready (half illuminated) & I hold down the little button on the chassis and turn on the rx at the same time ---I keep holing it down on the chassis but the led does not seem to light up all the way as I think its supposed to ? But it must have paired since all other funchtions are working perfectly..... hmmmmm

That might be the case, but once you turn off your chassis and your Ex10, and repower the Tx and Rx, both should lit up ok and function perfectly.

As for remedy to solve the delay, I wish KO could release a new program feature to reduce the delay...but anyway, something to combat that problem:

1) For the remote, sometimes if your throttle trim is set too much forward or backward, it might cause the car not wanting to reverse; and that holds true regardless it is whether 2.4G or not. I suggest to experiment with as how many clicks between forward or reverse, and set your throttle trim at the dead center to begin with.

2) On the 2.4G program for your chassis, set the throttle neutral to 'wide', then it might help your TX to recognize you going to neutral, and prep your Tx to ready to go reverse.

3) Unfortunately, the delay will always be there...and besides the aims above, I find the best way is to simply count quickly: "one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand"...and it helps me more than anything.

limbohz
2008.07.17, 08:05 AM
thanks aurora :)

found this on another thread written by herman (all though it probably refers to the 2.4GHz rtr controller):

hi folks
was a bit disappointed in the reverse function on the 2.4asf chassis... having slight delays, sometimes not even engaging into reverse...

after trying out tim johnson & rharris' tips, i still had some reverse issues...

so i resorted to reading the mr02lm manual.... hehe

p24 gives it all... (i summarized it into 3 simple) steps:

1. basically raise your car off the ground (so it doesn't run off unsuspectedly) fiddle around with the throttle trim (press A/up) till the wheels start moving forward

2. then adjust throttle trim (press B/down) till the wheels stop, then press B a few more times until beeping sound from the chassis stops

3. finally press B 8 more times (might be 7,8,9 or more - i guess 8 is more or less the benchmark)

reverse should work a lot better now. almost like the am mr02 chassis...

you can use this method if your car is initially going in reverse - just press A till it goes forward. then go through the whole process again...

if it still doesn't work, try to reset the transmitter

hope this helps :D

thanks herman!