PDA

View Full Version : HFAY S6 "What you need to know in a Nutshell"

briankstan
2008.06.30, 12:28 PM
Season 6 Officially Opens tomorrow (July st), and with that and from a suggestion from Mini-Z I have put together the following things every participant should know.

A few of the major changes are:

1. we have added a Formula 1 class.
2. the 2.4ghz cars are now legal.
3. we have a "NEW" HFAY Stock motor built by PN Racing. (the PNWC motors are not allowed, they must have the HFAY label on them).
4. Registration is $12 per Club / Per Class.
5. F1 Winners will receive HFAY Trophies. (Pics coming soon)

Racer Class Changes: (Stock Class)
1. Only HFAY Spec Motor or Kyosho Stock motors are allowed.
2. there are NO Fet restrictions.
3. The 2.4ghz chassis, AD band Chassis, and all AM bands are allowed. they must be Mini-Z, Iwaver, or Xmod boards in their respective chassis. (no after market ESC's are allowed).
4. Same body and suspension rules apply as the previous seasons.

Formula 1 Class (NEW)
1. Only HFAY Spec Motor or Kyosho Stock motors are allowed.
2. there are NO Fet restrictions.
3. The 2.4ghz boards, AD band boards, and all AM band boards are allowed. they must be Mini-Z boards in a Mini-Z Formula 1 chassis. (no after market ESC's are allowed).
4. Only Kyosho Formula 1 Body (white or ASC) are allowed. Minor body modifications allowed for suspension travel. (i.e. cutout for DPS on the body if needed, slight shaving for suspension travel.)

Register your club by clicking the link below

HFAY Registration (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=90cdfffc33c50bf8569c9ff8e53a2857)

Motors are available at: Search for HFAY

www.slmini-zstore.com
http://shop.tinyrc.com
http://www.risingsunracing.co.uk/shop

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

thanks as always.

briankstan
2008.07.02, 10:54 AM
I saw that I put this in the judges forum by accident. http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/forum/Smileys/ellow_red/oops.gif

I've moved it to the public forum where it should have been. :D

briankstan
2008.07.07, 10:48 AM
One other thing to take note of. You can run the events ahead of time and submit them when you run. this way if you have a month that is particullarly busy you can still get your races of that month done. In fact if you wanted to run the entire schedule in the first month you can to that too. although that would be a very busy schedule. Just remember that you can't make up missed races and there are only 2 drops.

Cherub1m
2008.07.30, 09:47 AM
HFAY is interesting. I was just wondering, reporting time is based on honesty right? How do you guy monitor someone that dont drive there car but just pick it up and pass it under the lap counter to obtain not only a consistent time, but also a great time.

briankstan
2008.07.30, 11:51 AM
HFAY is interesting. I was just wondering, reporting time is based on honesty right? How do you guy monitor someone that dont drive there car but just pick it up and pass it under the lap counter to obtain not only a consistent time, but also a great time.

HFAY is based on honesty, we have designated judges for each club that are responsible for ensuring that the rules are followed. there also has to be a minimum of 3 cars on the track at a time, so essentially it would take the whole club cheating, and I just don't see that as happening.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.30, 12:13 PM

Besides... you'd have to be a ginormous tool to even try to pull a stunt like that! Plus... I doubt you could fit that much crap inside a human sized skin bag without it breaking! And Brian is dead on, your entire club would have to go along with it and I doubt there would ever be that kind of assemblage of douchebags in the universe. Seems impossible, might tear a hole in the fabric of space and time. :D

IMO anyways... ;)

If you're not racing honestly, you're only fooling yourself!

kryten
2008.09.28, 03:19 PM
One quick Q, is the Kyosho X-speed motor legal for F1 HFAY as it comes as stock in F1 chassis?

briankstan
2008.09.28, 05:08 PM
One quick Q, is the Kyosho X-speed motor legal for F1 HFAY as it comes as stock in F1 chassis?

No, even thought is comes stock in the some of the F1's the only legal motors are the Kyosho stock motor (# MZ9) or the HFAY Spec Motor (Season 6)