2008.07.01, 09:08 PM
------------------

byebye
2008.07.01, 10:35 PM
Subscribed!

Kris

Tjay
2008.07.02, 01:15 AM
fastest 2.4? I'll have to see this one. I am currently running 8 fets with anima motor and r1 batteries. Not exactly sure how fast in mph but it is FAST! When you're done with it. Bring it by ILR and maybe let me try to drop some hot laps with it ;). (Didn't really want 4x2 fets on it but I keep blowing fets with this anima motor) Also, try to swing by this Saturday. There's gonna be a lot of racer practicing for the PN regionals.

See you there!

Tjay
2008.07.02, 02:56 AM
I think you meant new driver not "bad driver" ;).

You want me to take my car apart to see the fet job? Umm... can I just show you the car :).

You're right about the Anima. 2x2 4562's should be fine but the problem is that I didn't have 4562's at the time so I had to use 8962's but it wasn't enough... that's when I decided to add more fets. I'm sure 4x1 4562's should be enough. I'm just being lazy to take everything apart now that it's working. Also, I use to run StockR and Chilli ONLY motor and never PN. Now I'm all PN motors. I found them very consitent compare to ATM's.

Tenergy batts is good for practicing with fast motors but to compete, you want something reliable like r1's.

hrdrvr
2008.07.02, 11:04 AM
^ It depends on where you are going to be running what rules youll need to follow.

IME, most places open class=open class. You can run what ever you want.

In the PN world cup, the "open" class is really pan class. You can run any chassis, with any electronics, and any mods you want, but you have to run the PN anima II motor and a PN pan car shell.

Here is a link to the PNWC rules.

http://www.pnracing.us/2008rules.htm

marc
2008.07.02, 11:56 AM
Since it's going to be 2.4, dont' forget to fill in that antenna hole in the body. Or is it on the window on the NSX?

Tjay
2008.07.02, 12:47 PM
Ah, I didn't mean take it apart...:p
I have a few extra pinions, I switched the pinion to a 6t last night, so hopefully that will bring back some needed torque.
I saw a lot of people like these PN Speedy 05/07 motors.

In the mod class for the mr02's, are handwound motors allowed?
Or is there a site I can check for details on rules and such?

Club races; you can run pretty much run any motor you want. We usually have races on Sat nights. Most of us runs PN 70t motor but some run speedy, stockR, hand wound, etc... run whatever you like. If you start dominating the track then that's when people starts to cry :D...

I don't know anyone at the track that runs 6 pinion... then again I don't know anyone that has a fast ASF ;).

Cherub1m
2008.07.02, 01:12 PM
^ It depends on where you are going to be running what rules youll need to follow.

IME, most places open class=open class. You can run what ever you want.

In the PN world cup, the "open" class is really pan class. You can run any chassis, with any electronics, and any mods you want, but you have to run the PN anima II motor and a PN pan car shell.

Here is a link to the PNWC rules.

http://www.pnracing.us/2008rules.htm

I just looked at the rules, it looks like 102mm is not allowed in the PN races for MR02 chassis of any class. Its strictly 98mm at the most. If that is correct we can't run the Le Mans bodies in PN Races.:(. Well. I've been practicing with a 94mm Ferrari 360 GTC, I may try the 98mm SLR Mercedes again.

hrdrvr
2008.07.02, 01:51 PM
I just looked at the rules, it looks like 102mm is not allowed in the PN races for MR02 chassis of any class. Its strictly 98mm at the most. If that is correct we can't run the Le Mans bodies in PN Races.:(. Well. I've been practicing with a 94mm Ferrari 360 GTC, I may try the 98mm SLR Mercedes again.

Thats correct. IDK wether its because the "powers that be" believe it to be advatageous to run it as far as stability or aero, but it definitly isnt allowed at the PNWC events. Maybe its just because its a new body, and they hadnt taken these into consideration when the rules were written. Im sure there will be somehting about them in the next version of the rules for next year. I hope they dont limit them to running with the pans though.

Tjay
2008.07.02, 02:15 PM
Ah, okay, that's cool.
I need to get used to the track, I keep spinning out on the first turn after the straight.:rolleyes:
I am going to drive a lot on Saturday.

That's pretty much what everyone is saying... there's a technique to that. I'll let you know ones you get there ;). Also, I'm hoping to get a new layout this Saturday, more technical in-field.

yasuji
2008.07.02, 03:19 PM
Thats correct. IDK wether its because the "powers that be" believe it to be advatageous to run it as far as stability or aero, but it definitly isnt allowed at the PNWC events. Maybe its just because its a new body, and they hadnt taken these into consideration when the rules were written. Im sure there will be somehting about them in the next version of the rules for next year. I hope they dont limit them to running with the pans though.

i just looked at the rules....it was updated to 3.3 allowing 102 wheel base
http://pnracing.com/
Version 3.3 changed

hrdrvr
2008.07.02, 04:08 PM
Wow! He must have just done that! When I looked yesterday the Mushroom Bowl race wasnt listed, and I swear it said 98mm. :D Its pretty cool though, as these bodies are in with the regular bodies (where I believe they should be).

Oh, and sorry to blt, We have strayed your thread OT :(

Cherub1m
2008.07.22, 11:10 AM
i just looked at the rules....it was updated to 3.3 allowing 102 wheel base
http://pnracing.com/
Version 3.3 changed

I noticed on PN Version 3.3 rules only the stock 2wd and AWD allow 102mm. I think its a error but maybe I am wrong. Will the 102mm wheel base be allowed with mod 2wd, Pan car and AWD as well?

Cherub1m
2008.07.25, 12:41 PM
I noticed on PN Version 3.3 rules only the stock 2wd and AWD allow 102mm. I think its a error but maybe I am wrong. Will the 102mm wheel base be allowed with mod 2wd, Pan car and AWD as well?

Anyone know the answer to the above question?

I am guessing it will be 102mm max for AWD, 2WD mod and stock classes because the max car length allowed for these classes is 185mm. However, its alway good to get confirmation:D