PDA

View Full Version : Clubs near Cary, North Carolina???

leonen
2008.07.07, 03:31 PM
I will be travelling to North Carolina in September, to Cary near Raleigh. Any clubs/tracks around?

tommy_greeneyes
2008.07.07, 03:47 PM
I will be travelling to North Carolina in September, to Cary near Raleigh. Any clubs/tracks around?

there is a track in China Grove, NC . i say a good 1hour from were you be in Cary,NC. they race on thursday night , a great group of guys, i use to races with them, http://www.hshobbies.com/

mleemor60
2008.07.07, 03:55 PM
More like 2 hours away if nobody does anything stupid on I-85. I promise you though, it will be worth the trip. Check out High Speed Hobbies under tracks in the forums and you will see what I mean.

There is a small hobby shop in Fuquay Varina, NC which is quite near Cary. The last time I was there I introduced him to Mini-Z's. He had no idea that they existed. He said he would look into them but I haven't been back in that area since. I might be over there next week though. If I am I will report back.

If you should happen to join us for an evening I will be happy to provide you with what you might need for an evening of fun while away from home.

leonen
2008.07.08, 03:22 PM
Thanks you guys!!!! Excellent news then.

I've been reading about this track and it's really big!!! Fantastic.

I'll be there around mid September, and I don't know how much free time I'll have (it's a business trip), but I'd love to get to race with mew people!!! My cars and radio are ready in the bag!

I would be great to get in touch with someone from the club. Please PM me.

Do you have CORE there ?

mleemor60
2008.07.08, 03:33 PM
AMB, but I have a spare transponder. Check PM

leonen
2008.07.10, 08:46 AM
Thanks Mike. I'll be in touch. Got to learn how to attach the AMB...

mleemor60
2008.07.10, 09:53 AM
Pretty simple really. If you have a transponder then your local hobby shop can provide you with the other half of the plug then you just solder a couple of eyelets to the end and connect it to the chassis at the main battery connection and you are done. Or skip the eyelets and solder direct.

leonen
2008.07.10, 10:10 AM
Since I could use it for just one or two nights, I'd guess I will need a plug and play method. Got any pics of the plug?

We use Core system, so our transponders are not connected... very simple to use. I thought that and HSH they had Core too....

cosmicsoul
2008.07.12, 06:06 PM
Te puedo aser uno en 5 minutos cuando vienes y instalar lo en otros thres. Maybe I'll just put one together and keep it in my box for you when you come! Look forward to meeting you.

Jay Vasquez:)

mleemor60
2008.07.12, 06:21 PM
Since I could use it for just one or two nights, I'd guess I will need a plug and play method. Got any pics of the plug?

We use Core system, so our transponders are not connected... very simple to use. I thought that and HSH they had Core too....

Nestor,
The Hobby Shop uses the AMB system. My system is the CORE. I have 2, 1 is on loan to Arch2b for their group. Jay V. has 1 also. I'll get the brand name and part# to you for the plug.

Mike

leonen
2008.07.14, 10:01 AM
Perfect you guys!!!! Thanks!!!

I'm preparing my rig to take along with me.... LOL!!!

Is the club opened everyday? or just Thursdays night? Perhaps What I'll need the most is a ride from raleigh to the club.... ;) I Still have to check out where I'll be staying exactly and also the dates i'll be around.

Do you guys race F1 ?? or just touring cars?

mleemor60
2008.07.14, 12:11 PM
The hobby shop is closed on Sunday and Monday. Other than that you can go in and use the track whenever the shop is open. We race Stock ,modified and F-1

leonen
2008.07.16, 09:21 AM
Ok. Thanks.

I'll be arriving in the US September 28th, and probably stay until October 4th. So, Thursday Oct. 2nd I will surely attend to race with you guys.

I would want to go every day to the track.... but I'll see what I can do.

Mike, Jay, are you guys from Cary?

mleemor60
2008.07.16, 11:38 AM
I live about 10 minutes from the track which is located in China Grove, NC. Like I mentioned before, it's a good solid 2 hour drive from Cary.

cosmicsoul
2008.07.16, 08:31 PM
I live about 1 hour and half from Cary. I travel about an hour to the track from Greensboro. Will you have a rent car while in town? If you can make it to Greensboro you would be more than welcome to ride with me and my buddy Earl to the track Thursday night we generally leave at 4 and get there by 5 with racing at 7. We usually finish by about 9:45 and get home about 11 PM. You are more than welcome to spend the night with my family and I, if you would like. Just one option available to you.

Jay Vasquez

leonen
2009.03.12, 02:47 PM
I live about 1 hour and half from Cary. I travel about an hour to the track from Greensboro. Will you have a rent car while in town? If you can make it to Greensboro you would be more than welcome to ride with me and my buddy Earl to the track Thursday night we generally leave at 4 and get there by 5 with racing at 7. We usually finish by about 9:45 and get home about 11 PM. You are more than welcome to spend the night with my family and I, if you would like. Just one option available to you.

Jay Vasquez

Hi guys, I'll be over there the week from March 22nd till the 28th. I'll try to make some time to be there with you that thursday, the 26th.
I doubt i can make it with you, cause i'll be off work not before 5 PM. So I have to see how I can squeeze in to get to the track in time.

Thank you very much Jay. i'll consider your invitation, sadly i won't have much time free as i expected.

Anyone here from Cary ? or nearby?

cosmicsoul
2009.03.16, 10:26 PM
Give me a call when you get into town. I have a somewhat flexible scheldule with enough planning we may be able to work something out. 336-382-0719.

Jay Vasquez
:)

leonen
2009.03.17, 09:33 AM
Give me a call when you get into town. I have a somewhat flexible scheldule with enough planning we may be able to work something out.

Jay Vasquez
:)

Thanks JAY!!! I'll give you a call, if i get some free time.

I found data about another track,

The Race Factory
521 E. Chatham St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 460-8797

got any idea if it works??? It's quite near where I'll be staying. Anybody knows anything about it ?

cosmicsoul
2009.03.18, 05:26 PM
Hey Nestor,

I called the number for the Race Factory and the number was out of service, I am guessing that in is out of business. For what it is worth I have a 2 level RCP track 8 tiles by 14 tiles. I have a Core timing system and am running the new Flipside software. Worst case scenario we could race at my shop it is only about an hour and 15 minutes away from Cary. I just found out that the PN regionals are going to be in Myrtle Beach, SC the 23 and 24 of May would be cool if you would be in the area. Any way as far as I know my place and Highspeed are the only places with RCP or mini tracks.

Jay