PDA

View Full Version : ok.....i need help

yasuji
2008.07.20, 09:03 PM
ok i need help in planning which track i will visit in my road trip across the i-40 from cali to columbus ohio then i will head to virginia/n.carolina then to atlanta
and then i will most likely head back to cali along the i20/i10 back to socal
i need to know what track and where , having tracks set up that i can go and practice or race:D
i want to be able to hit as many tracks as possible
i will be headed out in a weeks time from this post and will be on the road for a total of 5 weeks
thanks

Action B
2008.07.20, 09:17 PM
If your near virginia beach, You should drop by seven cities track :)

Tjay
2008.07.20, 11:42 PM
must be nice... have fun Grant! Don't forget to take pics.

mleemor60
2008.07.21, 07:08 AM
High Speed Hobbies all the way. Located in China Grove,NC. Track is permanent set up and open for use at no charge during hobby shop hours. Look us up in the tracks forum and see the pictures. Or ask pinoyboy out of Atlanta. He has raced with us.

yasuji
2008.07.21, 12:15 PM
High Speed Hobbies all the way. Located in China Grove,NC. Track is permanent set up and open for use at no charge during hobby shop hours. Look us up in the tracks forum and see the pictures. Or ask pinoyboy out of Atlanta. He has raced with us.

im deff gonna be @ hsh for a few days while i am @vir:D
but..... is that all.......no other great tracks?:(

mleemor60
2008.07.21, 01:36 PM
Several of us that race at HS also have home tracks as well. I have more than I have space for but can get about 40 feet of straight with the wife's car moved. Another of our racers has a neat layout in his detached garage and still another nearby keeps one set up at his place of business. So if you want a little diversity this is the place. Our group got together and put on the Diablo Sanwich run. So, when you hit the neighborhood give a shout and we will make sure your visit is a memorable one.

yasuji
2008.08.07, 08:13 AM
alrightie .....im in town as of last night....ill be @ hsh around noon......i guess thats when it opens.....sweet;)

mleemor60
2008.08.07, 08:25 AM
Good deal. Make yourself comfortable at the shop. I should be back in town around 4:00 and at the track soon after. Races don't start til 7:00 and we are usually done by 9:00. Introduce yourself to the staff,Jim and Robbie and the rest. Peruse the inventory and just generally take it easy. We use the AMB system for lap counting. I have an extra transponder if you can get wired up. The shop has connectors.

See Ya There
Mike

hrdrvr
2008.08.07, 08:28 AM
We are only a hort trip down towards the coast (only about 3.5 hours, lol) if you want to come check out our track. Heres a link:
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28267

We dont have as big of group as HSH (especially this time of year) but there is always some one to race and the track is at our office, so you could come by anytime. Im sure I could work out taking a few laps with you, no matter what time it is :D