PDA

View Full Version : DOW Racing, July 24th and 27th ?...

imxlr8ed
2008.07.21, 02:23 PM
We will be tuning for most of these days, I have the current Event 1 HFAY layout setup down there and you are more than welcome to come by and tune with us Thursday night. Sunday, I'm going to play by ear... attendance has been extremely light as of late and I just may take this coming Sunday off. If you want to race Sunday... post below!!!

Also, Carl & Larry and myself ran our Event 1 for HFAY yesterday and all I have to say is... whew!!! I forgot how intense these short tracks get! Great racing guys, and thanks for showing! I'm sure we'll stack up fine once the results are out!

As for the rest of the dedicated ones... Gasman, Quinny and Jon are going to show on Thursday the 31st so they can get their events in as well, we will be running their racer events, and then I will join them for some F1 carnage. It's going to be a busy night for sure!

Newbies are always welcome, but as I said in the last post... if you want to run HFAY and you show up without a clue, that's on you! So newbies... get familiar with this site and get familiar with HFAY to see what it's all about!

lfisminiz
2008.07.21, 07:43 PM
Ya Ed, i agree. Small track, fast speeds, 8 minutes, no time to think & rest anywhere = :eek::eek::D Great racing and excellent motor.

Old Crow
2008.07.21, 10:26 PM
Great day of racing, very long, but was well worth it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions as always. Getting a even greater itch to race now with the new ASF boards and parts that have come out.

lfisminiz
2008.07.21, 10:32 PM
Carl, i agree. for the first REAL 2.4 board test in racing conditions....im very happy with it. Alittle getting used to the reverse and some fine tunning on my radio settings should do it. The board/reception was flawless.

lfisminiz
2008.07.21, 10:34 PM
By the way....Ed thanks for taking notice on the throttle setting. I really need to learn my radio settings more and USE them.:confused::)

imxlr8ed
2008.07.22, 09:12 AM
I think someone should post about that stuff due to the amount of Helios users out there... seems a big waste of trigger movement to only use the front third of the motion! At least a basic throttle setup to get it to react more like a stock KT18 or even the stock AM controllers.

Carl... wish we coulda ran F1, but I didn't have a third car for Larry. ;) Maybe we can get you down with us for the next F1 event.

Old Crow
2008.07.24, 09:47 PM
I agree, for the investment, and our own good, got to understand the Helios radios better.

About the F1, it's understood. I won't make it down this month, but next month, maybe I'll be able to race it.

anarchydude
2008.07.26, 01:44 PM
Do any of you guys have an extra plastic McLaren nose clip? Mini-Z racer's store is out of stock, and nowhere else seems to carry the aluminum ones. Otherwise I might skip out on the racer class for HFAY and just run F1.

imxlr8ed
2008.07.26, 02:06 PM
Do any of you guys have an extra plastic McLaren nose clip? Mini-Z racer's store is out of stock, and nowhere else seems to carry the aluminum ones. Otherwise I might skip out on the racer class for HFAY and just run F1.

You can borrow mine, you're not getting out of it that easily! :p

Reminder... no racing tomorrow, have to get my mill running some stuff.

lfisminiz
2008.07.26, 03:08 PM
If not, John, i have mclaren clips.;):):)

anarchydude
2008.07.26, 11:45 PM
What, you think I'm wimpin out? :-p Thanks between both of you guys :)