PDA

View Full Version : PLZ PLZ PLZ help

rudeboy269
2008.07.28, 12:30 PM
Hi guys am new to this have seen some awsome movies on youtube.

I m in a twist. I am new and i want to learn how to drift. so can someone tell me if i should go for AWD, RM or MM?

2nd) will a stock car be enough to drift? ofcourse i will need some tyres but any other modification required to drift?

3rd) Iwaver or mini-z? i know iwaver is cheaper then mini-z. but u have to remember am a beginner so which one should i start off with an iwaver 02 or the mini-z?

4th) where I can buy a cheap mini r/c from? Any websites?

plz plz plz plz help me cos i want to buy one really quick. i look forward to ur reply back. if anyone wants they can email me on aulhuq@hotmail.com

Thanks

kryten
2008.07.28, 12:55 PM
If you want to drift you will need an AWD,get some drift tyres and you're set.

shimey
2008.07.28, 01:17 PM
Hi guys am new to this have seen some awsome movies on youtube.

I m in a twist. I am new and i want to learn how to drift. so can someone tell me if i should go for AWD, RM or MM?

2nd) will a stock car be enough to drift? ofcourse i will need some tyres but any other modification required to drift?

3rd) Iwaver or mini-z? i know iwaver is cheaper then mini-z. but u have to remember am a beginner so which one should i start off with an iwaver 02 or the mini-z?

4th) where I can buy a cheap mini r/c from? Any websites?

plz plz plz plz help me cos i want to buy one really quick. i look forward to ur reply back. if anyone wants they can email me on aulhuq@hotmail.com

Thanks

1) AWD. R/C Drifting is almost exclusively AWD. 1/10th scale and smaller.
2) Stock is enough to drift. You can buy drift tires, but on the cheap, electrical tape works great.
3) Mini-z. Iwaver does not make an AWD chassis (yet.)
4) New? The shop here. Used? eBay.

rudeboy269
2008.07.28, 01:46 PM
hey guys thank you for your reply back.

Yeh electrical tape works great plus i think drifting tires do wear out. electrical tape wears out but u can just put some more back on :D.

thanks guys i think i will go for mini-z awd. but should i go for LIT, MR 015, MR 02? SOrry guys like I said am a beginner so how do i know which one is AWD? I dont think LIT, MR 015 or MR 02 are AWD :(

If iwaver cant do drifting then what is it good for??

I want to buy a new one, am in the middle east and have checked with my kyosho agent they are not selling mini-z since it is not a big craze here so will have to get it imported from USA or probably Hong Kong. So can someone point to a online retailer of AWD mini-z? guys I would really appreciate this.

Thanks

kryten
2008.07.28, 01:56 PM
The AWD model is MA010.Search the bay for mini-z awd you should get HK sellers in your results.As far as i can see iwaver are cheap copy's of mini-z's.

rudeboy269
2008.07.28, 02:05 PM
thank you for your advice. i thought you couldnt drift with iwaver because it wasnt AWD?

also i have found a supplier who has got 015 but not the 01 :(. is 015 ok for drifting?

and what about the HPI Rs4?

kryten
2008.07.28, 03:08 PM
I dont know about non mini-z but for z's you want the ma010 it's the ONLY awd model.item no 190239890023 for the 2.4 ghz version with tx.or 170243583580 for a tx less AM version.

mk2kompressor
2008.07.28, 03:12 PM
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=395

rudeboy269
2008.07.29, 02:18 AM
hmmm thanks for the link but they have only got chasis for sale the RTR kits have been sold out. looks like there is a huge demand for these mini-z since everywhere I have checked they have ran out. :(

if anyone knows where I can get some AWD mini-z plz let me know cos I BADLY want one too :(.

thanks

herman
2008.07.29, 09:54 PM
if you want to drift go awd (all wheel drive)

mr01 was the first chassis series that kyosho came out with... then mr02 then mr015... then finally the awd (ma 010)

kyosho came out with some other mini-z cars as well... mini-z f-1, the overlander, and mini monster...

then there was the mini-lit (got one - but now it's just more of a display icon on the shelf)

i-waver is a clone or copy of kyosho... do a search on i-waver reviews (kinda mixed - some good some bad)

but since you're looking for an awd, i think you can do without i-wavers, since to my knowledge, i-waver doesn't make an awd...

you're in the middle east? do a search on h.k. online hobby shops i'm sure you'll find plenty... i think shipping will be a bit cheaper

good luck and welcome to the forums

fangel
2008.07.29, 11:19 PM
It's true the AWD RTR set are basically sold out.
In order for drifting, you would basically need an AWD chassis, however I have heard that 2WD is possible, but it takes a lot of skills.

If you asked other forum member, the new iwaver is basically no longer a clone of Kyosho.
We have a brand new chassis design which is unique to iwaver right now.

rudeboy269
2008.07.30, 01:20 AM
hi guys,

thank you all for your support. I will be going for the ma010 althought i do like i-waver and they cheap as well only $25.00 and $25.00 for shipping.

I have found a online shop selling AWD but they are expensive :( $160.00 :( sheesh but what the hell :D

Yeh I have already got a 2WD r/c 1:10 from china. I like it too its good and well just put on some plastic tapes on the tyres does pretty good driffting but not as good as the AWD. What I want to know is should I go for driffting tyres or just put on some plastic tapes over the tyres? What do you think? Does it make a difference?

fangel
2008.07.31, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure where you are getting your iwaver, but $50 with shipping sound very low.
If you ask me, I would believe that drifting tires should be better, since it provide a variable slip/grip rate during the turn. Unlike the tapes, it's more of a slip and spin. I guess some good throttle work would stop this problem from happening.

rudeboy269
2008.07.31, 05:33 AM
thanks fangel will get the drifting tires as well.

I have noticed that not that many like iwaver cos it is "chinese" and have doubts about chinese technology and quality. Hmmm i guess ppl were like this when the japenses started selling Sony etc and ppl had doubts about their products and look at Sony today.

I like the iwaver not because am a chinese fan but its cheap :D
but what is the iw good for? Is it faster then mini-z? I know it cant drift but what good can it do? I might go for iwaver in the future especially the 4x4.

Fangel some guy in china who are manufacturing these iw are giving them for $25.00 but these are wholesale prices for example i will have to buy 6 to get this price. Not sure what they are quoting for one unit.

fangel
2008.07.31, 09:28 PM
Hum, I don't quite get the reason, because even Kyosho Mini-Z is made in China.
Also if you are talking about design and not built quaility, then I really need to inform you that nearly 70% of all product in the world has been completely design or partly design in China.
I saying this not because I'm with the manufacture, it's just some basic economic facts.

hrdrvr
2008.08.01, 07:26 AM
Just so you know drifting isnt the only thing you can do with these little cars. In all honesty, I bet drifters are the minority compared to racers....at least on this site. While Im sure the AWD designers had drifting in mind, most all of these cars are designed around race performace. I havent used the new Iwaivers, but some say they are definitly competetive with miniZs on the track.

fangel
2008.08.03, 09:02 PM
There are a wide use for these smaller scaled model cars, drifting and racing are just some of the usage. I have heard that some people will try to mod it to make it their dream rides.
Drift style, street style, VIP style, I have even heard that people put small MP3 player inside and make it a "boom" car.

However I would agree that most are still racer and not drifter. Drifting for 1/28 hasn't really picked up yet. I think the AWD is designed to be a racer, with drifting as a selling point.

marc
2008.08.04, 09:40 PM
it takes different car set ups for drifting or racing. You got to decide whatyiu really want to do with the car before you spend your money on it. AWDs are very tricky to set up right for grip racing, 2WD's are slot easier to set up. Other than the tires, always get ball bearings first, they are one of the most crucial upgrades no matter the style of racing you choose to do.

rudeboy269
2008.08.06, 02:03 AM
Hum, I don't quite get the reason, because even Kyosho Mini-Z is made in China.
Also if you are talking about design and not built quaility, then I really need to inform you that nearly 70% of all product in the world has been completely design or partly design in China.
I saying this not because I'm with the manufacture, it's just some basic economic facts.

Fangel what I meant was that I like Iwaver because it is cheap and I agree with you nearly everything now a days is made in China. But I want to drift and like so many ppl have mentioned drifting is possible with a AWD and iwaver doesnt do AWD :( if it did i would have certainly gone for IW.

rudeboy269
2008.08.06, 02:06 AM
hmm thanks for the replies guys. Now the problem is no one is selling the AWD because nearly all the suppliers I have come across have run out :( but luckly fangels company will be re-stocking end of this week so fingers cross.

fangel
2008.08.06, 08:31 PM
Yes, we will be restocking it very soon. So all you AWD hunter, please keep an eye out for my news update or our store.

rudeboy269
2008.08.07, 01:21 AM
hey there, do you think i can pre-order now? As in pay you right now and reserve one AWD for me so once it arrives you can ship to me asap? What do you think? I want to go for the Skyline R34.

fangel
2008.08.07, 09:38 PM
I should be adding the product to our web later today, however we only have Subaru and Skyline R32~

shimey
2008.08.07, 11:03 PM
I should be adding the product to our web later today, however we only have Subaru and Skyline R32~

LINK ?!?!

rudeboy269
2008.08.08, 03:12 AM
fangel i dont see the AWD and y cant we pay by credit card :(.

fangel
2008.08.10, 08:10 PM
The AWD should be online later today, there was an delay with the shipment.
You can still pay with credit card, it's just that it might not be as stable as we hope it is.
It's still safe, but just not perfect. I had the message out just to warn anyone that encounter a error message.

rudeboy269
2008.08.11, 12:48 AM
hi fangel,

can you please get in touch with me on aulhuq@hotmail.com and please let me know if i can pay you by western union? I have a credit card but as you mentioned it is not perfect so I dont want to take a risk. I Dont have a paypal but thats only because in some countries in Middle East Paypal is not there.

Please i have been looking for the AWD everywhere no1 has it so plz help me out i definitely will go for one. Probably the R34 one but if you dont have that will go for anything else.

fangel
2008.08.11, 08:20 PM
email sent, please check your email.

rudeboy269
2008.08.12, 01:14 AM
thanks can you send me the link for the driffting tyres you are supplying which are suitable for the AWD.

Thanks

fangel
2008.08.13, 08:25 PM
We currently do not have any tires that are specific designed for drifting.
However we have just added a Takara Tomy Drifting Aero RC.
I have just tested them myself, they are actually quite fun to drive and provide a no frills drifiting experience. (Also very cheap)
It's true that it's still more of a toys then hobby grade RC, but with that price. I think it's great! If anyone is interested, please check our website.