PDA

View Full Version : F1 jumping bean!!!

fastXracer24
2008.07.30, 05:53 PM
My F1 is hopping around corners like crazy!

Would new suspension plates work or should I get an after market suspension setup?

briankstan
2008.07.30, 06:23 PM
What's you current setup? a little more information could help us deterimine what is the cause.. ;)

Tjay
2008.07.30, 07:20 PM
On a RCP track?

LBRC
2008.07.30, 08:06 PM
What's you current setup? a little more information could help us deterimine what is the cause.. ;)

Truth. Knowing the track surface would also help.

...Would new suspension plates work or should I get an after market suspension setup?

For example does this mean you are using the stock plastic suspension plates? If so yes, especially on RCP, CF suspension plates (Kyosho MFW05) are pretty much a must have, the Atomic's should also work.

fastXracer24
2008.07.30, 09:13 PM
Wish I was driving on RCP.

I'm driving on fatigue mats.

Stock suspension plates
Kyosho soft springs
no aftermarket rear suspension
10 degree rears
20 degree fronts
stock diff.

I don't think the problem is the tires. the tires hook up quite well. the car just hops around the corner. I need something the keep it planted.

You say CF plates, but I hear the FRP plates don't tweak as bad. What yours guys take on FRP plates?

I bought some for the MR-02 and that car hooks up really good (after some tuning)

hrdrvr
2008.07.30, 10:11 PM
Does it happen on every corner? I know my fatigue mats didnt go together as well as RCP, so there would be tiny ripples to drive over transtitioing from tile to tile. It was never noticable on my AWDs or MR cars, but the F1 sits so much lower. Its a possibility the battery cover is dragging and getting caught on those joints. I guess it dragging could cause the hop action even when not transitioning from tile to tile. With those plates and soft rear set up (same as I run) it likely is dragging on hard cornering. I shaved the corners of mine to keep it from hanging up.

I may have been the one to mention tweak and FRP plates on the MR02, but I havent seen them for the F1 yet. That doesnt mean they dont exist, as I havent been running F1 long, and am trying my best to deal with the car as stock as possible (hence not shopping for parts :D). Im just not ready yet to be building another car up.

fastXracer24
2008.07.30, 10:20 PM
yes it was you; and yes they do have FRP plates because I was looking for something I could buy to fix it but don't know what.

It doesn't happen on slow speed U-turns or after the stright-away on my track. It's through the S-curves.

Hrd I didn't know you had an F1 must have forgotten.

hrdrvr
2008.07.30, 10:24 PM
^ Since christmas. Been racing it hard ever since :D

mk2kompressor
2008.07.31, 04:34 AM
if you are refering to the atomic frp plates dont buy them,they are very brittle:(
im using modified stock ones at the moment

ruf
2008.07.31, 03:30 PM
The Atomic FRP F1 side plates are a no go. They break way too easily, especially in a side impact. Stick with the Kyosho carbon fiber plates. Sure they have a little tweak, but that can be shimmed out and they are well worth it in terms of consistent handling and durability. I made it through a PNWC weekend with a heavily chipped side plate and it worked like a charm.

Stay away from the super rigid plates from other aftermarket manufacturers. I've yet to see a super stiff setup that works...