PDA

View Full Version : Season 6, Race 1 and 2 Results

arch2b
2008.07.30, 09:31 PM
brian, just wanted to get this up here being only one day left in july....

i submitted our times tonight for racer and f1.

briankstan
2008.07.31, 11:05 AM
thanks, I was going to do it today, We are racing tonight :)

I have received times from the following clubs.

DC GTG
SCRC
Mini Speedway
Mini-AZ
Rising Sun Racing
Flipside Racing
Stafford Racers UK
Ann Arbor Mini-Z Dojo
Salt Lake Mini-Z
DOW

pinwc4
2008.07.31, 07:21 PM
I just sent Flip Sides

briankstan
2008.08.01, 12:36 AM
List updated :D

imxlr8ed
2008.08.01, 09:39 AM
DOW's just sent this morning.

briankstan
2008.08.01, 10:18 AM

got them, thanks

mk2kompressor
2008.08.01, 10:32 AM
cant wait to see the difference the new motors made:D

pinwc4
2008.08.01, 09:30 PM

Wait, DOW is back. Aww man, there goes my chances at being in the top 25......

But seriously, it's great to see that you guys are back, we missed competing with you guys.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.01, 10:02 PM
Awww... c'mon, I'm sure we got pretty rusty at these events! ;) After the first few laps, once we got to it, we all started having flashbacks of our past "8 minutes of pain" sessions (mental anguish mostly)... sometimes seems like that 3 minute warning is never coming! Forgot how intense it can actually be on the short tracks!

It's good to be back and we're glad we have such great competition to look forward to with you all. Everyone here is happy to actually be racing again, not just pick-up races here and there, and tuning away a whole day. We don't really get the attendance we used to though, so there's only going to be five of us in Racer class and three in F1. Might be more the next month though hopefully.

Can't wait to see how we all did!

arch2b
2008.08.01, 10:46 PM

glad and proud to have you back in HFAY!

briankstan
2008.08.04, 01:32 AM
Ed, if these times are with you being rusty, don't get all oiled up.. :D

times are posted.... Great Job everyone.

imxlr8ed
2008.08.04, 08:57 AM
Wow... I knew I ran pretty well in F1, had no idea it was that well! I kinda figured that 1st in Racer class would be around the century mark... incredible run guys!

Hood
2008.08.04, 11:22 AM
I ran 10 laps better than I did in GT last year on this track with the bigger motors..

I finished in 2nd in CW F1, this is my best finish ever in HFAY. It is also my first ever event driving my new F1 car. I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Congrats Ed, I believe this is your first overall win in HFAY (I could be wrong)
Also, I bought my F1 from Ed, so his two cars finished 1 and 2 in the first event..

2.4 is awesome, and should really help our segment of the hobby to earn some respect and more racers..

Hood

briankstan
2008.08.04, 11:39 AM
have you guys running the 2.4 programmed the board to help with the reverse function?

I ran mine in the first race, and it cost me at least 5 laps with not being able to get into reverse quickly...

do I need to invest in the ICS programmer ?

imxlr8ed
2008.08.04, 12:37 PM
Thanks Hood!

I think you're right, this is my first win... I looked at the sheet the first time and thought it wasn't done loading yet or something, or there was a misprint or something.:D

The most interesting part to me was seeing how the motors would affect the lap counts for this season, and I don't think they really changed all that much from last season. Amazing performance by Brad... heck of a wake up call for us all going into the next event.

And I'm not too sold on the 2.4's accuracy outweighing the reverse issue yet... I know in my races I put some serious distance between me and the 2.4s I was up against while they were waiting to back up.

Also... I'm only running stock 3010 AM boards... I did test my Mod car with the Spec motor and it felt faster, but the lap times just weren't there. I think this 70t motor really is going to be a benchmark for stock class in this scale... it really evens out the field. Also... for some strange reason, I don't have to gear down anything. I went down to an 8 tooth right away on the F1, and ended up going right back to the 9 after a few test laps, no gear change on my stock car either.

Hood
2008.08.04, 12:45 PM
He ran my batteries in the CCW direction, and said they had no voltage and were junk..!?

The sad part was, his car did look slower with my batteries in it.. He still kicks ass with my JUNK...

Hood

briankstan
2008.08.04, 01:29 PM
And I'm not too sold on the 2.4's accuracy outweighing the reverse issue yet... I know in my races I put some serious distance between me and the 2.4s I was up against while they were waiting to back up.

that's what happened to me.. :( I'm not entirely sold on it yet either. I like it, but the revese issue is souring me on it.

everyone knows that when you are on the track with other people you are going to get involved at sometime. I'll take responsibility for the times I made mistakes and cost me time, however the ones that weren't "MY" fault, simply just cost me more time than it needed to. :mad:

Hood
2008.08.04, 06:34 PM
This was my first raceday on the 2.4 board. I got my ABS setup very nicely to always pulse and give me reverse quickly. I posted all of the Helios settings into the Reverse thread, and have had quite a few emails about how great it works..

It worked for me, the only problem that I had during the four HFAY races was my F1 got stuck under the foam corner and Reverse wasn't strong enough to rip it out.. Hits reverse everytime without pumping, waiting, etc.. You do have to wait for the delay, but the ABS pulse will put it into reverse right afterwards..

Hood

lfisminiz
2008.08.04, 08:01 PM
HOOD, i just wrote down your settings. Ill check it out.
As far as my 2 cents worth on the 2.4....As of know all my cars are 2.4. Love the accuracy, no crystals, no antennas (especially for a body nut like me:D), i just like it...BUT, like all the reverse does sour it a little. This is only the 1st or 2nd time really racing the 2.4. All in all, not really doing this intense series before, im very pleased with my results for the first real test with the 2.4. That being said, in all honesty, most my lost laps were rusty driving, not the "REVERSE". BUT in those instances when needed, reverse didnt help either. If you can stay calm, i think its fairly quick....easier said then done. I think with practice and getting the feel of the REVERSE, it will get better.
There seems to be more options to help with reverse also. Needs time and tinkering.
A big thumbs up to Philip (PN), for the motors. Like Ed said great equilizing motor.
Sorry for the long post. Hope my input helps?:)

briankstan
2008.08.05, 02:06 AM
This was my first raceday on the 2.4 board. I got my ABS setup very nicely to always pulse and give me reverse quickly. I posted all of the Helios settings into the Reverse thread, and have had quite a few emails about how great it works..

It worked for me, the only problem that I had during the four HFAY races was my F1 got stuck under the foam corner and Reverse wasn't strong enough to rip it out.. Hits reverse everytime without pumping, waiting, etc.. You do have to wait for the delay, but the ABS pulse will put it into reverse right afterwards..

Hood

thanks, for the info, I must have missed that post. I'll check it out.