Perkins Sports & Social Club,
Tixall Rd,
Stafford,
Staffordshire
ST16 3UB
UK

from 1300hrs until 2200hrs.

Racing Mini z, Xmod Iwavers......& F1's

HFAY OLPS Season 6 Races 3 & 4 in the afternoon (both classes racer & F1).
Large track in the evening.

Cost for the day will be 8. (newcomers free).

No kitchen facilities,,,, George Foreman will be there.

Programmers
2008.08.05, 10:05 AM
Mis-posted.

575racer
2008.08.05, 10:24 AM
ima comin:)

tom i posted the results up the other day but no-one replied?

Programmers
2008.08.05, 10:39 AM
I posted them in the wrong thread. Those are a reply for yours. :o

I'll be at the 17th. :)

Neomax
2008.08.06, 09:15 AM
I'll be coming!

digger
2008.08.07, 12:13 AM
should be able to make it this month has brian got any motors left :D

BrianMidnight
2008.08.07, 09:02 AM
should be able to make it this month has brian got any motors left :DLook forward to seeing you, motors still available

digger
2008.08.08, 09:22 AM
thanks brian look foward to racing with you guys again :D

kryten
2008.08.08, 11:04 AM
Bri,can i reserve one for shaun too.He'll collect and pay next meet.

BrianMidnight
2008.08.12, 06:10 PM
Bri,can i reserve one for shaun too.He'll collect and pay next meet.

one reserved for shaun

BrianMidnight
2008.08.12, 06:24 PM
I will have 2 F1 Mclaren Mercedes Kimi Raikkonen's for sale on Sunday at 45 each. Both are stock but ready to race in the HFAY series with suitable tyres fitted and KT2 controller included.
First with the cash gets to race them!!!!!:)

digger
2008.08.15, 11:04 AM
might take one of your hands brian will have a look on sunday:cool:

BrianMidnight
2008.08.15, 01:14 PM
might take one of your hands brian will have a look on sunday:cool:

I'll have them racing round flying "for sale" signs from their antennas!!! as soon as the track is laid......which one to buy? YOU DECIDE.

Neomax
2008.08.16, 06:01 PM
i got 24 bread buns ;)

oopster
2008.08.17, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone for another good day. Trying to remember everyone's names, but am just "a bit thick" so it may take some time lol. Can't remember who asked about the supra bodyshell, think it was Malcolm. Not sure when I'm going to the warehouse next, but xmodded have the supra shell at the mo and have knocked something off it at the mo'.

See you all next month. I can do any Sunday except the 1st sunday for the next 7 months, got the micro nationals now for a while.

Sarah aka oopster

Programmers
2008.08.17, 07:07 PM
Great day, thanks guys, and gal. I loved having the HFAY first thing, that was great! Took off so much pressure and lead onto a lovely relaxing evening of racing. We should deffo try and do this more often.

Also, the food was lovely, thanks Jayce and it was nice to have the newer members back again, Matt, Sarah and Sam! Hope to see you next month.

On a more serious note however, I think we need to get some things clear on marshaling. Today, a handful of people were marshaling wrong races or no races at all! It frustrated me to get told off, when I had already marshaled for my part. Jayce was right to be annoyed that his race had no marshals and it was up to group C to have been watching his back, as we (A) had watched theirs. It's only fair.

This is something that needs to be avoided if we're going to do well in the HFAY as a team. So for those who don't quite know when their turn to marshal is, here it goes:

C Main: A Marshall, B Rest/Practice
B Main: C Marshall, A Rest/Practice
A Main: B Marshall, C Rest/Practice

It's quite simple really and I don't think it's fair when we don't all pull our weight - particularly members who don't marshal a single race and mess with their cars when everyone else does their bit. After all, it's nice to think of our club as more of a community. Many have said in the past that there's a great family like feel. It helps massively when we all do our part to help each other out.

I hope everyone sees eye to eye with me on this. I only want what's best. :)

Let us know any of your thoughts.

Finally, piccies and results to come tomorrow.

digger
2008.08.19, 06:20 AM
thanks for another great days racing got to work on my driving a bit also thanks to mal for your advice and help and brian for helping me to keep all my tyres on :D look forward to the next meet:)

kryten
2008.08.22, 02:20 PM
It's a fair point tbh Tom,with everyone doing their bit marshall wise we should all do better in HFAY. I apologise for having a dig at you,it won't happen again:). I'm looking forward to next month,i'm sure we'll all do our bit.:)

Programmers
2008.08.24, 06:32 AM
Na Jayce, it's fine mate. I didn't take it personally and I saw why you were annoyed. Had I heard you only had one Marshall I would of come over. Hell, I woulda been annoyed too! I doubt this will happen again! Roll on next meet! :D

mk2kompressor
2008.08.26, 05:11 AM
how did you find the layout?
do you have any lap counts or times from it?
woudl you like to run it again for a little competition with us next month?

:)

Neomax
2008.08.30, 09:18 AM
Totally agree Tom, would be good to marshalling in a good format.

Your welcome Digger mate, always glad to help.

Not sure if the lap times would be any real comparison Mk2, as we had to modify the track slightly to run it as we didn't have enought space to do the full leangth.
When you say 'us' next month who exactly do you mean, as i seem to recall some people saying they would never race with me again! (present company excluded)

mk2kompressor
2008.08.30, 11:29 AM
"us" as in the club,we race hfay together anyway;)
if they ever bought out a larger hfay comp we'd be racing anyway,a bit of racing for something like this on a larger track would be like having 20 people compete,to me that sounds exiting:D

BrianMidnight
2008.08.31, 07:22 AM
"us" as in the club,we race hfay together anyway;)
if they ever bought out a larger hfay comp we'd be racing anyway,a bit of racing for something like this on a larger track would be like having 20 people compete,to me that sounds exiting:D

Lets do a "European Cup" HFAY on a large track??? even if its just RSR & us it'll be fun!
With the large track at the last met we only had 4 wide L plus the nascar bends with us, your layout must have had an extra 4 or 6 straights?
Looks like we'll both be racing on the 14th this month.

mk2kompressor
2008.08.31, 09:17 AM
we can shorten the track a little or i could get nobby to design a new one with just 4L's and the wide corner kits?
im thinking hfay rules to keep it simple,hfay motors will even it right out:)

BrianMidnight
2008.08.31, 09:22 PM
All sounds good still 8 minute races?

mk2kompressor
2008.08.31, 10:05 PM
yup 8 mins is fine,ill get nobby designing a track this week:)
do you have video capabilities?
would be great to get it all on tape:D

575racer
2008.09.01, 03:55 AM
dont wana be arkward but i havent got a hfay motor:o

mk2kompressor
2008.09.01, 04:33 AM
stock is fine lee,hfay rules;)

im thinking 3 qualifiers to split the racers up into a,b,c then run 3 mains.
should leave a little time for practice/setup and running hfay

kryten
2008.09.01, 01:26 PM
I'm looking forward to this,let's see those track designs:rolleyes:.
Now i can get my ass kicked by twice as many people!:D Should be fun.

BmwM3_Evo
2008.09.01, 02:08 PM
That sounds like a brilliant idea, atleast were still technically racing together hey?

I suppose Matt doesnt come up with totally useless ideas sometimes :D.

Looking forward to it, Chris

mk2kompressor
2008.09.01, 02:46 PM
I suppose Matt doesnt come up with totally useless ideas sometimes :D.

put the beer down:eek:
at least i know what a sentence is:D

BmwM3_Evo
2008.09.01, 07:42 PM
And hes phsycic (trust me i will learn to spell that one day)! Well you know what i meant anyhow :D.

mk2kompressor
2008.09.02, 02:41 PM
im gonna have to pull RSR out of the "cup race" we need to get some more track and a timing system first:eek:
our hfay will run as normal but the track will have to wait till next month,so its a no go just yet,sorry guys

oopster
2008.09.02, 10:13 PM
Just came to me when the banked corners we're mentioned. How about racing the F1 version of the Indianopois track? Assuming we've all got the right tyres of course.